PDA

View Full Version : Just deep sharing about disasters, my dear cat dying, not feeling like dressup

Alice Torn
09-12-2017, 08:28 PM
If all the bad news about 2 major hurricanes causing horrendous suffering and damage to millions, and death to animals and people, and people losing everything was not enough to sober me, and make me sad, this past five days, one of my dear cats of nine years, got very ill for the fourth time since i adapted her in 2008. I am tapped out money wise, form big dental work, and vehicle repairs, and debated whether i could afford another big vet bill. My regular veterinarian retired last month, at 93 yrs old! A WW2 vet, also, he refused to charge people much money at all!! A great man! He is dying now, sadly. Regular vet clinics do a great job, but i was low on savings. So, i tried to nurse Minnie back to health or until i had the funds for a vet clinic visit. I have had very little desire to dress up, and indulge myself, as Alice since the Hurricane Harvey hit, and i don't mean Paul Harvey, rest his soul! The suffering of millions of folks including some of you, really got to me, and also the suffering of animals there, and also the wild fires out west!! Then my beautiful little Minniecat going down ill for the fourth time! I just felt guilty if i indulged myself im dolled up, sensual Alice time, when so much suffering, including my precious cat Minnie was happening. I finally got a vet clinic appt for ten o clock this morning, but Minnie got much worse last night, though i tried to comfort her, and she purred to me helping her. But this morning, after I put Minnie into my car, she died several minutes later, and i pulled over and balled! I then drove her to my late father's place, and dug a hole and buried her in a nice towel i had in my car, Crying the whole time, and praying that animals can be resurrected in the world beyond this one. I then went to the humane society, and looked a other cats. I may adapt one more.hoping my big gray jealous cat will tolerate another rival!! All the destruction form disasters has me thinking very soberly about life and how temporary and quickly it can be gone. My cat was doing fine a week ago eating plenty, active. Now she is in the ground wrapped in a nice towel. My tears have flowed. Not really feeling any desire to indulge Alice at all for a few weeks due to the disasters, and now my big loss of my dear friend. Pleasure in dressing is real for me, but also a distraction and escape. I feel i should have gotten Minnie to a vet sooner now, in spite of the costs. I did give her over nine year of a great life, and used vets to save her three times. The fourth time was too much for her. Maybe at a much later time, i may dress again. I have worn panties some in he last few weeks to bed but that is all. I think about how temporary pleasure and life is, and vain it can be. All glory is fleeting. Thanks for reading.

kimdl93
09-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Its hard to lose a companion, feline, canine or otherwise, after spending years together. I'm very sorry, Alice.

Kayliedaskope
09-12-2017, 08:40 PM
-very quietly takes her into my arms and simply holds her without a word, knowing that sometimes, no words are needed-

AndreaCalifCD
09-12-2017, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the end of your post. It brought back too many memories of my departed kitty. I am truly sorry for your loss, I hope that as soon as possible you will be able to look back and remember the good times you shared with Minnie. RIP Minnie.

char GG
09-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Very sorry about your beautiful cat. Thank you for sharing her picture. Animals can be such a blessing and great companions. It is so sad when they pass on.

You sound like a very compassionate person. When disasters happen in the world, life gains a whole different perspective.

Take care.:hugs:

Alice Torn
09-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Thanks to all of you who replied. Very kind of you all. I keep getting cats, even though i know someday will have to grieve again, and again. Sorry for your loos of yours, too Andrea. It is so hard You feel so helpless to help them when they are dying. I had a girlfriend who killed herself in 1982, and that almost killed me. We never had sex, just beginning a friendship. Loos of long time pet is about the same for me. I had two dear cats for 13 1/2 years. They died within 13 weeks of each other. Tremendously hard tome for me, as we went through many moves, and many hardships together. It takes time for sure to get back to any sense of no
rmal again.

DIANEF
09-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Aw. I do feel so very sorry for you Alice. I lost my beloved cat of 12 years about three years ago. The vet said the kindest thing would be to put him to sleep (he had a tumour in his mouth) and I'm not ashamed to admit I blubbed like a baby. I have three cats now, but still miss him terribly.

nvlady
09-12-2017, 09:48 PM
A starving one year old dog showed up at my door one day, and after I fed her she decided to stick around. No fence, she knew this was her home. She was with me for twelve years and my heart was broken when I had to put her down. I didn't want another dog after her, but a year later I got another one. This one will be my last. (I think)

LeslieSD
09-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Hi Alice, I am so sorry to hear about the story of your cat. We human are so powerless facing life and death. Everything when I think about that, it makes the small issues of dressing so insignificant and pointless. But on the other hand, just because life is so limited, we need to make every minute count and live it to the fullest.

I am sure that your cat would be happy up there when she sees that you are happy. Live and do everything to be happy. Dress.

Pantyhose Queen
09-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Rest in Peace Minnie!! I am a genuine believer on when its your time, it is your time, whether you made it to the vet or not. Time will heal

ginapoodle
09-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Alice,

Dear one...it is ok to cry. Cats are family, as are dogs. I know your feelings. Feel deep, mourn, take your time...then move on and when you feel it is the right time --another kitty.

mykell
09-12-2017, 10:21 PM
alice bless you and minnie, be your true self it is not in vain, may you be rejoined with those you cherish later in life, remember the special times with minnie.....

Aunt Kelly
09-12-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't have the words, Alice. Losing a beloved pet is just wrenching. So sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Kelly

Tracii G
09-12-2017, 10:35 PM
So sorry Alice losing a pet is always very hard.
Its been a few years but I had to put down my 21 year old black cat myself.I still miss her deeply we were best friends for so long.
Just remember all the good times with her.

Allison Chaynes
09-12-2017, 10:45 PM
I am sorry, Alice. We lost our cat of 14 years last year. My dog is getting near the end, also, and losing her will be will be losing a kid, for me. I will tell you, if our pets are not in Heaven, I don't want to go there!

IleneD
09-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Alice,

My heart goes out to you, dear. Personal loss is never easy. No one understands grief until they experience it.
Hugs and prayers.

Julogden
09-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Very sorry to hear that, Alice. :sad:

I know how much a pet becomes part of the family. I have an elder dog that I took on about a year and a half ago, and she's my best pal, can't bear to think about the fact that she's an older dog and probably doesn't have all that many years left. She's here now, so I'll be happy with her in the present.

docrobbysherry
09-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Animals provide needed companionship for many people. While they do require care, they often give back so much more to people that need and love them!:hugs:

Losing a dear pet is like losing a close friend. Always heartbreaking!:sad:

AmyVanessa
09-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Hi, Alice.
I like cats, and I'm so sorry about your loss.

Nikkilovesdresses
09-13-2017, 06:37 AM
Hi Alice, very sorry to hear about Minnie.

Are you certain that you want the pic of you in drab out there in internet land? Perhaps your present mood is making you a little reckless?

I hope you won't be offended- I only mean it in a constructive way.

Very best wishes, Nikki

Lana Mae
09-13-2017, 07:36 AM
Sorry for the loss of Minnie! Sending comfort and prayers! I have had 6 dogs who have passed on and it is like losing a family member! Like Kay said! Hugs Lana Mae

BrendaPDX
09-13-2017, 07:36 AM
I am sorry for your loss. These little guys wiggle there way into our hearts, give us love and companionship. I was happy to hear that you had a little purr, it is their gift to you, it means the trust and love you. Brenda

Alice Torn
09-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Moderators,Can you delete my guy photo off of this thread ?

Heather Chasen
09-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Alice I am so sorry for your loss, cats are very special friends and all they ask is our love. Sadly having to loose them is the price we pay for that very special friendship.
I know your cats have helped you through some rough times in the past, as they always do, and I feel your grief come through in your post. You did all you could for Minnie and she loved you for that. I hope the pain soon goes , try and remember the many times she cheered you up and made you smile . Hope you feel better soon . Heather

ClosetED
09-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear about Minnine. As you can see in my recent posts, my cat of 11 years is fully accepting of love from me in any clothing. We did lose another cat after 17 years, but that is about 6 yrs ago. We have a golden retriever of almost 14 (life expectancy of 10-12).
Pets fully accept us for who we are as people and not based on clothing choices, so they are a better society than human society.
Hugs, Ellen

Alice Torn
09-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the many replies . I have been through this so many times, and it is ALWAYS excruciatingly hard to accept. I sure hope in the next world, they can live again. I am in tears,and great sorrow, wish i had gotten her to a vet sooner, but that still may not have saved her. Many of you have also suffered greatly ,at the loss of an animal friend, and still will suffer it again. It is never easy. WE all will "go the way of all the earth" one day. Know one knows when. I gave Minnie over 9 years of a very good life, after i bough t her and my other cat, at a shelter in August 2008, after i lost a dear cat to coyotes. I was going to make that cat an indoor cat the very next day! Sad. The late John Bradshaw said tha life is a series of FAREWELLS. HOW TRUE THAT IS.

Danielle Barton
09-13-2017, 04:10 PM
Very sorry about your loss Alice. :(

Alice Torn
09-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Many thanks to all who replied. It meant a lot to me.

Dana44
09-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Sorry your cat has passed and it will go to the rainbow bridge.. They will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. My Dog is there also. It is hard to lose a cat and they love so good.

donnalee
09-15-2017, 12:41 AM
I lost my 3 dogs before Christmas last year.after 13 years 2 were out of the same litter born here, 1 was the daddy. I haven't had the heart to replace them, but lately this little black & white cat has been showing up; I think she's feral and very skittish. Pretty little thing about the same coloring as the one you lost. I left food for her and it's gone, so I may be making progress. Wish me luck.

Alice Torn
09-15-2017, 09:16 AM
SO sorry about your dear dogs., Donnalee. I wish that cat would show up at my door. I would try to trap it, o lure it in, and make it my next cat friend. So many cats and dogs need homes!! It is so heartbreaking, and most apartments do not allow pets now!! Sad. Too many pet owners have been irresponsible, though, too.

aprilgirl
09-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Hi Alice, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your four legged, furry friend. We have a cat that could've been Minnie's sister, as they so resembled each other.

We have two adopted cats that, when found were FIV positive, and likely would've been euthanized had someone not took them home. Earlier this spring, my wife found an injured feral cat that had lost a front leg, and took him to our vet. They estimated he was 18, and besides the injury, had been malnourished and the worse case of ear mites they had ever seen. We provided palliative care at home, and it was amazing how much we connected to one another, in such a short period of time.

Losing him still hurts, so I totally empathize with how you are feeling. It will get easier in time, and you'll have nothing but wonderful memories of Minnie when she was healthy. If you do decide to adopt another cat, it will be one lucky soul, as you are such a kind and loving person.

Kim

Littleg2
09-15-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Alice. :( Clearly you cared for Minnie a great deal and by the sounds of it the love was returned. I'm sure you'll see all your fur babies again one day.