PDA

View Full Version : Are you Way faster at putting on Women's Clothes than a GG is ?

Robbiegirl
09-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Growing up I always thought women took forever to get ready ! LOL

That being said I have never tried wearing 60s style clothing like panty girdles and stockings and slips does that take awhile ?

Are you faster than your wife and does she know it and comment about it ?

Oh and of course I know for sure we have all set records Taking women's clothing off during all those close calls we have had ! LOL

Micki_Finn
09-13-2017, 10:40 AM
It's not putting on the clothing that takes a long time, it's putting together the right outfit and doing hair and make-up that seem to be the longest part of getting ready. Doesn't have anything to do with the difficulty of actually getting into the garments (unless you're talking corsets and bustled dresses).

Robertacd
09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
I would have to agree with Micki. Watching my wife it's the hair and makeup that takes the most time. Then finding the right top or whatever.

Since my wife is always hot, she does her makup an hair and runs around in her bra and panties until we are ready to leave. Then it only takes her a few minutes to get dressed and put on her shoes.

Robbiegirl
09-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Thanks Micki yes I was referring to the whole Glam Process

~Joanne~
09-13-2017, 10:57 AM
I agree with Micki, putting the clothes on doesn't take long at all, taking them off even less, but the makeup especially takes the longest. That and the nails. I can be fully ready though in half an hour.

Tahoegurl
09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Clothes are the easy part, makeup hair and nails takes me about 40 minutes...clothes about 10 .

CrossKimmy
09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I hold some kind of world record in taking women's clothing off ;)

CONSUELO
09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Robbiegirl,

Yes, for those of us who enjoy 60's style clothing, getting dressed is a long process but a wonderfully enjoyable one. I think that is the key, whatever time it takes to get dressed it should be enjoyable.

GracieRose
09-13-2017, 12:06 PM
I agree that the time is mostly spent in preparation, picking out the outfit, makeup, hair etc. I believe that I take longer than my wife. But it takes me a lot more time with makeup to look good. My wife looks good with very little makeup. Oh, yeah, GGs don't have to spend time shaving their face. :)

Gillian Gigs
09-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Hair and make-up are the time consumers, and I rarely do either. I guess I'm a lazy crossdresser. I'm fussiest about my lingerie selecting, and I take my time with stockings/pantihose, I hate getting runs, ladders for your Brits.

nikkim83
09-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Hair makeup and corsets take forever saturday just hair makeup and corset took an hour and 15 mins. The rest took two
Switch to a heavier denier stocking and they dont run as easy.

And if u have straps on your heels put them on before the corset caise they are a pain to buckle after

Jenny22
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
CrossKimmy, it sounds like a good story to be shared!

Taylor186
09-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm much slower than my wife for all the reasons already mentioned.

Teresa
09-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Robbie,
I'm sure it's not a race my wife would consider but given the same clothes it would be a draw , now if it were suspenders and stockings I would possibly be the winner.

I always try and think outfits through so I have usually washed and ironed my choice before my outing.

Makeup might be a different matter , my wife is fairly casual about the way she applies it, she never uses a brush for foundation because it takes to long, it does look patchy but I could never tell her. After a few minutes she just sighs and says that will do ! Hair doe stake her some time , that's where I win because I've usually washed and conditioned my wig so it's a quick brush through and on it goes.

As for taking clothes off I'm sure most CDers win hands down, after years of panic moments !!

DIANEF
09-13-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I hold some kind of world record in taking women's clothing off ;)

Might run you a close second there. I've gone from fully dressed to fully drab in less than 5 minutes when my other half turned up unexpectedly!

Alice_2014_B
09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Luckily I have never had to rush to de-dress.
I can normally change and remove my makeup just as quick as anybody else.
I've never timed myself changing.

:)

alesha
09-13-2017, 01:23 PM
It might be a draw. I don't have to deal with doing my hair - just put on the wig and I'm good to go. But if I have to spend time shaving or having to put on the spray adhesive for my breast forms, then it would be a tie.

I've gotten pretty good at putting make up my self but my wife asked me to put make up on her one time and that was a disaster.

CrossKimmy
09-13-2017, 01:27 PM
CrossKimmy, it sounds like a good story to be shared!

Let's say it involved mother coming home early from work and giving me just enough time to get out of her skirt and blouse and underwear. Eeee!!

Robbiegirl
09-13-2017, 02:20 PM
The famous Game show - Truth or Consequences always opened with - The Suitcase Game - in which two male members of the studio audience raised to put on womens clothing from the 60s, helped by the shows female models. My friend saw i,t it included girdles, bras, stockings much to the glee of the studio audience particularly the women. They hardly ever showed it on TV Just the Audiences reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkD1VgtrdP8

Robertacd
09-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Let's say it involved mother coming home early from work and giving me just enough time to get out of her skirt and blouse and underwear. Eeee!!

Been there many times...

Kayliedaskope
09-13-2017, 03:18 PM
And the more ankle straps on your heels, the longer it will take to get them off. Had on some nice platforms with doubled ankle straps when the SO unexpectedly returned. Ran into my room, closed the door, and struggled with four tiny buckles so I could get them off.
"Honey, you okay?"
"Yes, just got out of the shower and getting dressed ..." . o O (in drab again)

Alice B
09-13-2017, 04:03 PM
My wife can dress faster than me, but I take far longer for male up because she wears little if any

sometimes_miss
09-13-2017, 04:25 PM

Taking them off of yourself, or someone else? :jumping:
Though I guess either would come in handy!

Jean 103
09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
It takes me one to two hours. There is a lot to do along with changing clothes at least three times . My best friend is always trying to rush me, says just wear the first thing you put on.

CrossKimmy
09-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Taking them off of yourself, or someone else? :jumping:
Though I guess either would come in handy!

Hehe! Now that sounds like a lovely evening!

Dana44
09-13-2017, 05:03 PM
It take me longer than my GF. She gets ready faster. But I start early than her and we finish up pretty well together.

Stephanie47
09-13-2017, 06:45 PM
I think I'm quicker. Before I engage myself in a session I make a mental note of what I intend to wear. I just lay it all out and get dressed. My wife starts out rummaging through her clothes trying to figure out what to wear. It takes no time for me to don a bra, panty and slip, and, if I am into it for the day garter stockings and a garter girdle. My wife has never had a need for makeup. She wear lip color and that's it. She definitely has me beat in that department. I need a trowel and a lot of plaster.

Diane Smith
09-13-2017, 09:48 PM
I am probably the slowest dresser on my block. I try to lay out my clothes the night before, but almost never wind up wearing exactly what I originally planned. I sometimes switch outfits two or three times, and shoes even more. It's a twin curse of being very picky about my appearance, and having a lot of stuff to choose from. Corsets, stockings, nails and jewelry (I wear lots of earrings) take the most time, which most GGs wouldn't have to deal with except on special occasions.

But I don't think of this as a bad thing. I savor the experience of picking out and handling my pretty clothes, and getting my look just right. In short, the process is mostly fun. It only gets a little frustrating when I don't quite allow enough time and have to rush at the end to make it out the door for an appointment or event.

- Diane

Sheila B Kelly
09-14-2017, 05:54 AM
Don't know about putting them on but I can say that I've developed excellent hearing and that I'm really quick at taking them off ;)

Cheryl T
09-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Never knew this was a timed event !
I just go at my own pace and don't care how fast anyone else gets ready.

Sarah Doepner
09-14-2017, 04:59 PM
It was a rare thing for my wife and I to get dressed at the same time. She and I only went out together a handful of times but she was quicker. There are just too many steps I need to take to go from drab to fab with any kind of quality in the end product. Shaving alone takes forever and even if I pick out something to wear in advance, I normally change my mind for one reason or another. "OMG! I really want to wear these earrings and since they don't go with that skirt I'll have to pick a whole new outfit!" She rarely did much in the way of make up either; a little mascara, maybe some powder if she had a shiny spot on her nose or forehead and some lip color. After shaving I prime, apply foundation and since my facial hair is blond I have to pencil in eyebrows and mascara is a must. She had me beat on every front and would be tapping her foot impatient that I was still fussing. It still makes me laugh when I think about it, I miss her dearly.

As for the reverse of this operation I'd have a hard time making you believe I could jump in the air and take both shoes, stockings and padding all off at the same time, but there were times when it seemed that's the only way to explain how I managed to not get caught back during those closet days.

Kayliedaskope
09-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Never knew this was a timed event !
I just go at my own pace and don't care how fast anyone else gets ready.

Cheryl, getting dressed is never the timed event. You can take your time and lollygag all you want. The REAL timed event is getting undressed!

"Honey, I'm home!"
>>[ sound effect of ripping pantyhose and clothing hitting the back corner of the closet inserted here, accompanied by muffled cursing about stupid bra hooks]<<

Cheryl T
09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Cheryl, getting dressed is never the timed event. You can take your time and lollygag all you want. The REAL timed event is getting undressed!

"Honey, I'm home!"
>>[ sound effect of ripping pantyhose and clothing hitting the back corner of the closet inserted here, accompanied by muffled cursing about stupid bra hooks]<<

I've tried to forget about all those years now that I'm out and she's accepting. But you're right, that is the 100 meter dash of our world.

Tracy Irving
09-16-2017, 12:35 AM
My wife and I have never timed how long we take to put on a bra, panties, shorts and a top but I am sure a stopwatch would reveal results within measurable tolerances of each other.

Now, if I wanted to crush her time, put me in a dress with a corset back!

Fiona123
09-16-2017, 08:08 AM
I like to take my time. I lay out my clothes and dress slowly to savor the experience.

Stacy Darling
09-16-2017, 08:43 AM
I'm one of the worlds slowest dressers!

I plan 3days prior, have 3 looks in mind and watch the weather forecast to the last minute!

I'm quite happily pathetic, and love it!

Stacy!

Pat
09-16-2017, 09:55 AM
There's something quintessentially male about turning dressing in women's clothes into a race...:thinking:

Kayliedaskope
09-16-2017, 10:02 AM
..... because males are quintessentially competitive. If there's a way to race doing ANYTHING, two guys will be doing it.

lingerieLiz
09-17-2017, 08:45 PM
I think we take about the same amount of getting ready time. If we are wearing the same garment types, jeans, panties, bra, top we are usually dressed in the same amount of time. Makeup , neither one of us usually wear much. Then again I've been wearing women's clothes longer than her due to our ages.

Back in the day when I was going out as a girl, dressing was a ritual. It could take me hours to get everything just right. I've heard from my wife that she did also. I know my sisters primped for long duration when getting ready for a dance. The daughters always had to try everything one time before going out.

BrendaPDX
09-18-2017, 11:58 AM
I am the worst!!! I try on at least three outfits, take about 40 minutes just for my makeup, then there is my wig, fake nails, jewelry (earrings, and bracelet something small and simple), and someone mentioned corsets and strappy shoes I had to laugh, YES!. But I can get undressed in a flash, and try not to forget the eye makeup.