PDA

View Full Version : Do F-to-M CDs NOT shave?

karentvca
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Many of us CDs like to shave or wax our legs and then try our best to make excuses or not show them when not en femme.

My questions to our confrere F-to-M CDs are:
Do you let your leg hair grow and do you notice looks or get questions about having hairy legs (if you do)?
If you are not particularly hairy, as most women aren't, do you wish you could grow more hair in all those manly places? Would that help fulfill the feeling you seek, the same as we leg-shaving M-to-F CDs?

mistunderstood
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I do not shave. I let it grow. People seem not to care.

Maria D
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, yes... but you are a cat, that'd be a lot to shave.
I'll get my coat.

mistunderstood
03-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Meow :)

Fainne the King
03-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I shave, I just wear jeans when I'm in drab.

NorriesMom GG
03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Regular girl here, and i have to say i rarely shave my legs. My underarms i always do, but legs? ugh, one of the biggest things i hate doing.
~Liz~ (s.o. of mistunderstood)

RevMoonSerpent
03-10-2006, 09:43 PM
I shave but, I'm one of those people who doesn't like any type of hair on the body accept on the head. As for CD, I wear pants 95% of the time so it doesn't really matter. The only time you can see my legs, is if I run around in my boxers and that is a sight I reserve for my husbands eyes only. :)

CaptLex
03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
My questions to our confrere F-to-M CDs are:
Do you let your leg hair grow and do you notice looks or get questions about having hairy legs (if you do)? If you are not particularly hairy, as most women aren't, do you wish you could grow more hair in all those manly places? Would that help fulfill the feeling you seek, the same as we leg-shaving M-to-F CDs?

I've always shaved my legs in the summer because I run around in shorts and wear bathing suits then, but this year I'm actually thinking of not doing it. Haven't decided yet. I do shave my armpits often - it just looks better to me.

I've always been very hairy - everyone on my father's side of the family is (even the GG's) - so body and facial hair is not something I have to wish for, I really have it. I even have to shave my face several times a week. The next time I take at least a week off I think I'll let it grow and see how far it will grow by now.

Fainne the King
03-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't shave any part of my body, but every now and again I shave my face, 'cos peach-fuzz is a female thing and my face is feminine enough as it is. That and it just seems a natural thing to do, even though there's no real need for it.
When you shave the peach fuzz, does it grow back dark? I don't want to start sporting a full out beard.

CaptLex
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
CaptLex, I am so very jealous.

And Fainne, the peach-fuzz just grows back exactly the same. That's just for me though, so just be careful I guess.

Of course, I started out with peach fuzz many years ago (I'm 45 now), so it could definitely change for you guys in the future. I'm still a long way from looking like my avatar, though, but it's my goal someday. ;)

BethGG
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm just a regular GG, but even I didn't shave my legs for 10 years ;) Sorry to reply if I'm not supposed to, but just wanted to show that even "regular" GG's may not shave! Then again I was also wearing a lot of guys clothes at the time, so perhaps I could have been considered a CD'er :cheeky:

CaptLex
03-14-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm just a regular GG, but even I didn't shave my legs for 10 years ;) Sorry to reply if I'm not supposed to, but just wanted to show that even "regular" GG's may not shave! Then again I was also wearing a lot of guys clothes at the time, so perhaps I could have been considered a CD'er :cheeky:

Beth,

No need to apologize. Your comments (and those of others) are welcome. When you say you wore "guys clothes", do you mean clothes made specifically for men and found in a men's store or do you mean clothes made for women, but styled similar to men's clothes? Just curious. :D

Snookums
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
:eek: shave,are you kidding,the last time I shaved my legs,I had to call a plumber to get the hair clog out of the tub drain.:bonk:

:cheeky: ya gotta have a sense of humor:evil:

:thumbsup: Because I drank all the rum

Abraxas
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Okay... obviously I'm not shaving 24/7... Sometimes I'll stop shaving for months at a time, and sometimes I'll want to be hairless from the neck down. I shave my face regularly, at least once a week... I've sprouted two or three really fine, darkish hairs but they're not noticeable, so who knows maybe I'll have a bit of hair on my face at some point. Problem is I don't shave my sideburns, cos I just dye my peach fuzz every time I dye my hair. So the hair doesn't grow in any coarser or anyhting. Hell, maybe it's time I shaved them, haha.

Abraxas
03-18-2006, 09:32 PM
P.S. It might be worth mentioning that I'm OCD so once I've got a razor in my hand, all hair is fair game. Haha

Kieron Andrew
03-18-2006, 09:48 PM
P.S. It might be worth mentioning that I'm OCD Ditto me too....hense i still got long hair........... i know if i get a hold of it without a barber its a lethal combo

Jeannie9
03-18-2006, 11:42 PM
P.S. It might be worth mentioning that I'm OCD so once I've got a razor in my hand, all hair is fair game. Haha
Cool reply...

Abraxas
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it works fairly well, though not too noticeable. But I let them grow in for at least a couple of weeks before dying it. And be careful not to stain your face! That's happened to me once, and that sucks. I still haven't come up with a great way for the dye to touch just the hair... Hmmmm.

Julie York
03-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Oh no I got lost in the FtM section!

Erm ok while I am here.

What's OCD?

And hair is dead so it doesnt KNOW it has been shaved and doesn't get thicker. That's just a myth thing. If it was true women's legs would be like a porcupine by the age of 30..

And you can dye hair without it staining your skin by using a mascarra brush! (never tried it but inventive eh?)

:thumbsup:

Sharon
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh no I got lost in the FtM section!

Erm ok while I am here.

What's OCD?

:thumbsup:

OCD
abbr.
obsessive-compulsive disorder

mistunderstood
03-20-2006, 06:03 PM
OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder it is were some one feels that if they do not wash there hands certain number of times someting bad will happen. There is more to it but that is the simple way of describeing the disorder.

RainyHaze GG
03-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi guys,

My ex did not shave body hair, but did shave her face every day. Doing this for several years, developed more noticable and darker facial hair, I think anyway.

Rainy

CaptLex
03-21-2006, 08:41 AM
That's strange - I have OCD too. I wonder if there's a connection between that and being TG . . . hmmm. Has anybody ever watched the TV show "Monk" - I can totally relate to him. I don't have the hand-washing thing, but everything does have to be symmetrical and I hate stepping on cracks in the sidewalk. Other stuff too, but you get the picture. :D

CaptLex
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
And like I said before, there's the nail-biting thing, I seriously can't stop, even when it gets to the point of bleeding. My nails and the skin around them are a mess. And woe betide any skin on my body that peels for any reason. As soon as that happens, I can't stop picking at it.

I think I can relate. I don't bite my nails, but it can be dangerous when I trim them because they all have to be the same length and if one is a little longer, then I try to make it match the rest and if I go too far, I have to trim the rest down too . . . you get the idea. It ends up looking pretty extreme sometimes. Thank goodness I don't cut my own hair, or it would be a nightmare.

I also have mild claustrophobia and a fear of crowds - which is why I seldom go shopping in stores and do most shopping online. I sometimes have to let several subway trains or elevators go by before I get on one because it's too crowded for me, and if the elevator ever stopped between floors and didn't resume right away, they'd have to punch me and knock me out 'cause I'd have a panic attack. I've had several panic attacks in crowded stores and bars, and it's not pretty. I just run people over in my quest to get out 'cause I feel like I can't breathe. And I won't even tell you how hard it is for me to ride in planes or buses unless I sit next to the window so I can distract myself.

:rolleyes:

Abraxas
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
God, I think there must be a connection...

Fainne the King
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
God, I think there must be a connection...There's gotta be. I'm the same way as the rest of you.

BethGG
04-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Beth,

No need to apologize. Your comments (and those of others) are welcome. When you say you wore "guys clothes", do you mean clothes made specifically for men and found in a men's store or do you mean clothes made for women, but styled similar to men's clothes? Just curious. :D
Oops I never replied to this post. Yes it was actual guys clothes from the mens/boys sections. I think my family thought I was secretly a lesbian, cause there I was with leg hair, guys clothes, and at one point a shaved head as well. Yet now I'm mostly wearing women's clothes, only have one men's jacket left! Incase you're wondering though, I don't consider myself a CD or anything, since that's just what I felt like wearing at the time, and now I feel like wearing womens clothes (no "urges" or gender dysphoria).

CaptLex
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Incase you're wondering though, I don't consider myself a CD or anything, since that's just what I felt like wearing at the time, and now I feel like wearing womens clothes (no "urges" or gender dysphoria).

Cool, thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I think that's what it's all about for each of us - wearing what we like, regardless of whether we're CD or not. :cool:

Bridget
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
And hair is dead so it doesnt KNOW it has been shaved and doesn't get thicker. That's just a myth thing. If it was true women's legs would be like a porcupine by the age of 30..

Even if it is a myth, maybe the placebo effect might work? Shrug.

sparro
04-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't shave my legs. My hair is pretty light, but it's still quite noticable. I think its fairly essential to the man look.

My armpits, though. I can't use deoderant with really long hair. I've tried. It's such a hassle. My girlfriend said I smelt like a man, and we both realized it's because my deoderant was not reaching the skin, for the most part. So, I keep that trimmed. :p

I don't shave my face. I like a clean shaven look, anyhow, so what would really be the point for me. X_X

sparro
04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Have you ever played Dance Dance Revolution? I did once, while I was still not shaving under my arms, and understood why boys smell the way they do. :p

sparro
04-20-2006, 11:52 PM
hehe. Epileptic brick. :haha: I can't dance either. You should have seen me trying to do it. I think I hit about two targets. The rest of the time I was just jumping in futility. I looked quite silly.

It's true, though. Smelling is really essential when trying to fit in with a group of guys.

Taylor105
06-24-2006, 09:30 PM
OCD is different for everyone who has it. It's a hard disorder to deal with. It can be cleaning...handwashing or scrubbing the house...counting to a certain number...checking things over and over a certain amount of times to be sure they are turned off. Many many different things. The disorder works different for everyone who has it. And always if these rituals aren't carried out the exact way you feel you NEED them to be carried out in then you feel that something bad will happen. I speak from personal experience. I also have many friends who have it much worse than I do and e-mail back and forth with them trying to help as much as I can. I'm pretty much healed with certain medications I take but for others they can't even leave the house it is so bad.

Now back to the topic. I stopped shaving my legs and the weirdest thing is happening. I am growing hair black and thick on the tops and sides of my legs but on the backs they are as bare as a babies ass!!! Does that happen to anyone else? I have no idea why it is happening but I wish it would grow back there. It looks weird. lol I haven't shaved my pits in about a week. I've just decided to stop recently.

Taylor

Abraxas
06-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Most guys I've seen have thinner hair on the backs of their legs. Not sure why, it just seems to be the norm, at least from what I've seen.

And, I almost wish I had the cleaning type of OCD. Maybe then I could navigate my room without a compass, map, and pokey stick to make sure I don't step on anything sharp... haha

privateperks
06-25-2006, 02:43 AM
I haven't shaved anything other than my face in about five years, which I do every other day. Makes going to the beach kind of a hassle as I don't pass with a wet shirt stuck to my chest, but I think my give a damn is busted anyhow. :D

Anyways, if you shave your face, it only seems like the hair comes in coarser and darker because hair is like that when it first comes out. If you let it grow, it wouldn't be any less fine and pale than usual.

The only things I know of that change hair's texture and color "natrually" are hormones, steroids and chemo.

Just a tip for you guys wanting to shave your face for whatever reason (really, peach fuzz is a dead giveaway) - use a really good exfoliating agent first. It helps prevent ingrown hairs, which we can still get even if our hair isn't coarse after the first few days of growing.

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Most guys I've seen have thinner hair on the backs of their legs. Not sure why, it just seems to be the norm, at least from what I've seen.

Could be because of the friction on the back the calves from pants. When I was a young guy and wore tight jeans, the friction would definitely thin out of the hair on my quads.

Just a tip for you guys wanting to shave your face for whatever reason (really, peach fuzz is a dead giveaway) - use a really good exfoliating agent first. It helps prevent ingrown hairs, which we can still get even if our hair isn't coarse after the first few days of growing.

A BHA solution (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC202&PAGETYPE=S), which acts as an exfoliant, will also help a lot. (FYI, they also come in 2% concentrations (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC201&PAGETYPE=S)). Do not use anti-bump or after-shave products that contain alcohol, because that's really hard on your skin.

Also be sure to use an after-shave balm. (Aveda makes a nice one (http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10572&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5841), and lasts for months.) If you get razor irritation a skin relief treatment with aspirin (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC320&PAGETYPE=S) will help.

And yes, peach fuzz ain't something that guys have.

Taylor105
06-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Right now I am wearing shorts but it may be that I still forget and cross my legs like a girl when I am sitting at the computer. Never when I am around other people though. Taylor

Kieron Andrew
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM
i dont shave my legs and havent for years, i only shave my underarms occasionally but it doesnt grow alot anyway!, ive recently started to shave my face!

CaptLex
06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
A BHA solution (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC202&PAGETYPE=S), which acts as an exfoliant, will also help a lot. (FYI, they also come in 2% concentrations (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC201&PAGETYPE=S)). Do not use anti-bump or after-shave products that contain alcohol, because that's really hard on your skin.

Also be sure to use an after-shave balm. (Aveda makes a nice one (http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10572&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5841), and lasts for months.) If you get razor irritation a skin relief treatment with aspirin (http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC320&PAGETYPE=S) will help.
Marlena,
I love you! :love: How did you know this is just what I needed (especially with my crazy oily skin)? Now that I'm shaving practically daily, my skin is starting to have that weathered look. That Aveda balm sounds perfect. Thanks! :D

~Kitty GG~
06-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I think my give a damn is busted anyhow. :D

I LOVE that line!!!

I'm not F2M.. so I'll keep my shaving routine to myself. :o

But I have noticed that hormones play a huge role in smell. When Dee started on Anti-A's her smell changed dramatically. And then when she started on Estrogen it changed again.

Testosterone gives that very male smell. I recognize that everywhere. I'm not sure if Estrogen has a signature smell.. I know that adding E changes your smell.. but since I'm obviously used to my own smell and I've never recognized a female smell like I do a male smell.. I can't really make any judgements on it. I do wonder tho.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-29-2006, 01:49 AM
How did you know this is just what I needed (especially with my crazy oily skin)?

Well as Patsy says, if you want to know about girly stuff -- ask a CD or DQ.... :D

Glad it's working for ya.

privateperks
06-29-2006, 02:48 AM
CaptLex - I got tea tree oil soap, and my acne and oily skin problem has really really subsided. Besides that I use Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution when I have a worse than usual outbreak, but only rarely because it's super bad for your skin. It's pretty much just a cream with a ton of Benzoyl Peroxide in it that dries everything out.

Acne is kinda gross and annoying but on the other hand - girls usually cover it all up somehow (makeup is a total mystery to me, kinda like the curvature of space - can't wrap my ahead around it at all) and if you have some I think it helps in passing. :D

CaptLex
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
CaptLex - I got tea tree oil soap, and my acne and oily skin problem has really really subsided. Besides that I use Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution when I have a worse than usual outbreak, but only rarely because it's super bad for your skin. It's pretty much just a cream with a ton of Benzoyl Peroxide in it that dries everything out.

Acne is kinda gross and annoying but on the other hand - girls usually cover it all up somehow (makeup is a total mystery to me, kinda like the curvature of space - can't wrap my ahead around it at all) and if you have some I think it helps in passing. :D
Thanks, Perks, I've heard of tea tree oil, but never heard of Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution - sounds pretty drastic. I think I'll try a little of all the suggested stuff and see what works best for me. The problem with makeup coverup is that in the summer it just melts off my face in a few minutes (it's not the heat, it's the humidity!). It's better if I just wash my face more often to keep the pores clear. I've been using an aloe-based aftershave, but so far I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Scotty
06-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Was in wal-mart and a gal was in there with a guy trying on guy shorts - never would have ever had a second thought but today I had to wonder if she was a CD - not that I mind or care etc.

As for peach fuzz - that's what I get on my legs, much like a womans, I've been on hormones and the dark hair doesn't seem to be growing back-

But on a womans face, without testosterone I don't believe it'll appear as a shadow or "darker".

I did read a study once that said darker hair is thicker, even if DYED darker it becomes thicker. I don't know if it's true but you could always die the peach fuzz and have a shadow.....temporary dye maybe? I have very thin blonde hair except on my face and it is darker........

Just a thought :)