PDA

View Full Version : A pleasant outing

GracieRose
09-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Had an opportunity to get dressed and go out shopping today. Picked up a couple of blouses at one shop. The next place didn't have any women's clothing that interested me on the sale rack. However I found some male shirts. Funny how I don't feel the least bit out of place looking through the men's department when dressed (with the other women there) but feel out of place in the women's department when in drab (where there are rarely any men). I am getting more comfortable in the women's department while in drab as I get more positive experience.
Then off for some grocery shopping. While walking into the grocery, a GG was returning her cart and I offered to take it in for her. I commented on her nail color and showed her that mine were almost the same shade of violet. She lit up and started talking and touching my shoulders like we were old girlfriends. Pretty much of an ego boost that put a smile on my face for the rest of the trip.

Lana Mae
09-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Gracie, I had a similar experience today! I was in male mode and at Walmart picking up some odds and ends. A coworker(female) spotted me and said, "Hi! Oh you changed your earrings and you have on blue nail polish! I like that color!" As she held my hand looking at the nail polish! I felt like one of the girls but is in male mode! It felt good! Hugs Lana Mae

Rachael Leigh
09-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Yes Gracie it so nice when you can get out and just do normal things and most never think twice when they see you.
I know I mostly don't pass but I do think most just go with it and treat you like it's no biggie and it's very refreshing

Tracii G
09-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a positive outing for sure.:)