PDA

View Full Version : Which Box Girls?

Stacy Darling
09-15-2017, 08:36 AM
I Have the black pen licked!

Venessa_48
09-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Oh you know which box honey! Girls rule boys drool!

jennifer0918
09-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Yesssssssssssss!

Paula DAngelo
09-15-2017, 08:56 AM
I know how I would reply (I've never seen a good reason to deny someone the right to get married based on the sex of the individuals involved), but what matters is how you feel on the matter. Let me ask you this, "How would you feel if you had to go thru a divorce if you were to transition"? Not allowing same sex marriage could force people into a divorce that no one wanted.

Elizabeth G
09-15-2017, 09:08 AM
I say yes.

Paula also makes a good point, one which had never occurred to me.

Cheryl T
09-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Absolutely !
Discrimination in any form is unfair.

Helen_Highwater
09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
No brainer, let's end discrimination. It's a yes from this judge.

docrobbysherry
09-15-2017, 11:55 AM
"Marriage", itself is the problem. Not the gender of the participants. It shouldn't be allowed unless couples have passed a, "Marriage/Family/Divorce", test first!:thumbsup:

Stephanie47
09-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Same sex marriages are allowed in the USA. All the arguments against same sex marriage never came to fruition. Of course check the 'yes' box.

as an interesting note before same sex marriage was universally allowed here there was an instance of the couple being marrying having both transitioned. So, the bride was MtF and the groom was FtM. The state could not deny the wedding license since it was not a same sex marriage!

Teresa
09-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Stacy,
This poses a difficult one , most of us would answer yes. If your wife has an input or wishes to see the form how would she feel. I assume as the homeowner you will be the one to complete the form.

It reminds me of the suggested changes to the next national UK census, there may be sections dedicated to the LGBTG groups, to answer incorrectly could be an offence . By then I will be living alone but did wonder in different circumstances how my wife would react if she saw the boxes I'd chosen to tick.

We keep talking about honesty on the forum so the right thing to do is be honest, I hope it doesn't lead to another 4 hour confrontation !!

Fiona123
09-15-2017, 12:29 PM
Easy Yes! I don't understand why this is even controversial in Australia.

DIANEF
09-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes, obviously!

Aunt Kelly
09-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Same sex marriages are allowed in the USA. All the arguments against same sex marriage never came to fruition.

Not quite true. There are the religious objections. I'll not debate the worth (or accuracy) of those doctrinal objections. Instead, I will observe that our system of law and government should never have gotten into the marriage business in the first place. For many, if not most, a marriage is as much a religious construct as a civil one. The two have been conflated and that is the problem. Stop letting clergy create a union which creates any change in the participants' civil status or obligations. You want to get married, go to your church. You want to create a civil union, and enjoy the legal rights and obligations that come with, go see the justice of the peace. You want both, do both. If you want to make religion-based objections to same sex marriage, make then in your church. Just keep your dogma out of our system of law and government.

LilSissyStevie
09-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Just keep your dogma out of our system of law and government.

I'm with you up until this. Religious people have as much right to shape law and government as anybody else. That's democracy! Here in the US we have a Bill of Rights that is supposed to act as a bulwark against democracy. Too bad it didn't work.

Tracii G
09-15-2017, 03:28 PM
I am bias so I will say yes.
If you want a religious ceremony find a church Civil union for legal rights sure why not so go for that.
If you love the person what difference does it make?

Lana Mae
09-15-2017, 03:40 PM
YES! Love is love! Period! I do not think God would object as Jesus is love! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae

Robyn-aus
09-15-2017, 04:02 PM
I will be voting Yes when I get my form

Nigella
09-15-2017, 04:24 PM
and already it has gone into political and religious discussion, which now means it is closed