PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to Suzy.

suzy1
09-20-2017, 09:49 AM
When I was married my wife would go off for a couple of weeks on holiday and I would be Suzy, I would be me for two lovely weeks.
Then on the night before she came back I would almost literally say goodbye to Suzy and that lovely dress and heels would go back in hiding. I remember how It really hurt at the time.
But as time went on we drifted apart and we finally got divorced and I moved into my new home.
Today I look into my wardrobe at all my dresses and heels and ponder at how happy I am now. Or should I say, how happy Suzy is now? :)

Tracii G
09-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Don't dwell on the past Suzy
You are in a new stage of life so grab it by the horns and ride it.
You don't have to be in a relationship to be happy trust me.

paulaprimo
09-20-2017, 10:15 AM
i so agree with Tracii! don't dwell on the past!!
today is the first day of the rest of your life,
so enjoy it!! :)

karrin
09-20-2017, 10:25 AM
just like it say's below your name (life is for having fun) enjoy suzy. be safe, karrin

Jenny22
09-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Your situation sounds more like HELLO, Suzy! Look out world! Here she comes!

Tracy Irving
09-20-2017, 10:43 AM
I am glad you don't rely on someone else for your happiness. Sometimes they can really disappoint

suzy1
09-20-2017, 10:44 AM
You don't have to be in a relationship to be happy trust me.

I'm not in a relationship.....and I am happy Tracii. :)

CONSUELO
09-20-2017, 11:10 AM
You sound Happy! So good for you.

Tracii G
09-20-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm glad you are Suzy

docrobbysherry
09-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Isn't it incredible, Suzy? U can do whatever u like whenever u want!

Kind of like moving out of your patent's home for the first time! Freedom at last! Good for u, girl!:D

carhill2mn
09-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Many of us can relate. Suzy should spend her time, $$, and energy being happy now!

Teresa
09-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Suzy,
You are rubbing salt in my wounds !! Only joking but I'm envious that you are these steps ahead of me.

I'm trying to hold off buying items for my new wardrobe at the moment, it's the everyday dressing I'm having to plan for, from walking the dog to doing my supermarket shopping.

If I get my art group off the ground I'll have to give some thought to suitable outfits , bearing in mind I will be possibly being doing demonstrations to a group of people .

I can't wait to say goodbye to the male part and fully embrace Teresa .

Carole
09-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Surely it will be an old smock and floppy hat Teresa!!! I can empathise with you Suzy apart from the divorce bit I am in the same situation and it is absolutely great. I go and have my nails done regularly (PolyGel overlays) and spent yesterday afternoon in my hairdressers having a shampoo and set - bliss!!!

Bobbi46
09-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Single living takes a lot of beating and I don't mean whips and paddles! LoL. I can do just as I please, dressing almost every day, sleep in a satin nighty and nobody to nag me any more (twice divorced now)
Teresa, I would love to see you in a smock and floppy hat! Carole has that bit nailed nicely, by the way do you need any life models?lOl

Lana Mae
09-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Glad to hear you can be Suzy when you want! Best wishes on your journey!
Yes, I would like to see Teresa in an old smock and floppy hat! (Isn't that what artists wear?)
Hugs Lana Mae

BLUE ORCHID
09-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Hi Suzy :hugs:, It's like they say, When one door closes~~Another door opens.

I am glad that things worked out for you...:daydreaming:...

Kayliedaskope
09-20-2017, 05:39 PM
"When one door closes ....." ..... there's probably a reason. Go check one of those other doors instead.

Diane Taylor
09-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Congratulations on your new found freedom to be who you are.

CarolBrown
09-20-2017, 06:05 PM
It's nice not having to say goodby to your inner girl...

Teresa
09-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Carole,
I think you know me better then that ! OK so I'll have to find myself a smock and floppy hat just to please my good friends on the forum.

I was thinking more on the lines of a denim skirt and wedges, with a suitable top. The thought did occur to me that if and when I get this idea off the ground it may not be an all female group , I could find some guys want to sign up , I'm OK with that .

Bobbi,
It's funny you should mention live models, I had a slight accident today in the painting group I attend . In the process of sorting things out for my possible impending move I put all my drawings into my portfolio bag , so what happened today ? I manged to pull out an old sketch pad and a couple of self portrait pencil sketches fell out, several people saw them and realised who it it was , even though they were done from my original avatar picture taken some twenty years ago . They were all OK about them I was more embarrassed by the wows I received !

Bobbi46
09-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Teresa, I was thinking of a see through smock! Lol

Barbara Black
09-21-2017, 05:56 AM
One more agreement on not dwelling on the past. Think instead of what you can do to make yourself happy now and in the future.