PDA

View Full Version : Why

sabrinaedwards
09-22-2017, 04:31 PM
You're looking at the title and probably thinking here is another thread about why do I crossdress. No, I have given up on trying to figure that out. But, as I mature (age) my desire to crossdress has reached new, higher levels. I really believe that I could live 24/7, 365 as a perminent crossdresser. I love cute shoes, silky thigh highs, painted nails and all of the other stuff. Maybe I'm in a mid to later life crisis? I did buy a sports car, but I love to drive it while dressed. Perhaps some of you here can relate to my feelings. It's starting to sound like I'm rambling, sorry for that.
Love, Sabrina

Tracii G
09-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Nope I totally get where you are coming from.

Nikki A.
09-22-2017, 05:00 PM
As you get older, you do start to look out more for yourself. Hopefully you will find your happy medium.

Chelsea B
09-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Especially true in my case, since I didn’t dress for 38 years. Now I’m in my 60’s.

CONSUELO
09-22-2017, 05:07 PM
The progression for me was extreme interest from 5 or6 until early teens, slightly diminished interest in mid- to late-teens and until I was in my late twenties. Increasing interest through the next decades until now I could be like Sabrina and dress almost all the time. Don't know why. Is it hormonal? I have no idea but I do know that I love to dress up and look as feminine as I possibly can. I love being a fetishistic transvestite or whatever other label can be put on me and I don't plan to change.

DIANEF
09-22-2017, 05:16 PM
I too have found the desire to dress has increased, especially in the last couple of years. I really do feel, given the opportunity, that I could spend long periods of time as Diane rather than my male self. Mid life crisis?, hormones? I'm not sure but I can certainly relate to what you are saying.

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Hi Sabrina :hugs:, I have 15years on you and I still feel the same way >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Alice B
09-22-2017, 05:41 PM
I fully understand since I did not start until I was 64.Now I am 75 and the urge is stronger.My wife knows and accepts and I dress at home more than ever, but now face a new delema. Had a serious foot injury and can no longer wear any type of shoe with a heel and am trying to reinvent myself and find a way to dress that is age correct, but still very attractive. It appears that you have no real restrictiins and assume that you have no wife or SO to restrict your sdesire. Go for it. Life is short and we need to make the most of our time.

Fiona123
09-22-2017, 05:59 PM
I totally relate. I am in the closet and I hate it.

Rachael Leigh
09-22-2017, 06:03 PM
No question in my case yes as I'm basically coming out to coworkers and such yes 24/7 is something I consider.
I'm really leaning towards being more then just a CD for sure

Teresa
09-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Sabrina,
Maybe forget the WHY question and just enjoy it .

That big WHY question has lead me to come to the point of separation, the Why question in that context is because my needs are are greater than my wife's acceptance level.

I intend to go full time or thereabouts when I move into my new home, no it isn't a mid life crisis it's finally accepting your true feelings , I could describe the clothes in your terms but they are basically the window to the World of your inner needs. 24/7 does mean a rethink on more practical clothes, something to keep me warm and dry when I walk the dog, suitable items for tending the garden and mowing the lawn and something simple to slip on when you have to make a mad dash to the supermarket for a forgotten item .

It's also why I asked the question of wearing a wig full time, that will have to happen , MIAD isn't !!

Lana Mae
09-22-2017, 06:40 PM
I was 24/4 at my transformation! I am not out at work and that is the sticking point now! I need the job and could, maybe lose it if i came out! Otherwise except for my daughter and she would have to live with it or leave, I could do 24/7 but for now without surgery or hormones! I will just live one day at a time! The journey goes on! Hugs Lana Mae

Tracy Irving
09-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Hopefully, when you finish your midlife crisis, the desire to crossdress will remain.

NancySue
09-22-2017, 07:26 PM
I hear you...loud and clear. Ditto. Enjoy.

Confucius
09-22-2017, 08:09 PM
I find that as I get older, I do get bolder. I couldn't care less about who knows. However my wife wants me to keep it limited to the home and private. So I do.

Why do I crossdress? It's just the way my brain is hardwired. I believe that when I crossdress my brain releases a host of feel good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.). That's why crossdressing improves my mood.

Janine cd
09-22-2017, 09:53 PM
I've reached 78 years and the desire has not diminished. I have occasionally suffered from the lack of desire to dress, but that has always been followed by a renewed desire.

Nikkilovesdresses
09-23-2017, 01:44 AM
6 lines definitely doesn't count as rambling.

Tell us about driving while dressed. Is it a convertible?

natalie_cheryl
09-23-2017, 02:43 AM
Nope, not at all. I'm not even 40 yet an I feel like I could go the rest of my life living en femme

rian
09-23-2017, 02:44 AM
No my dear ,,we all feel that we need to reach 24/7 dressed as a girl ,, and love most of woman dresses , make up , SHOES ,....and other stuff ,,,but there are restraints to some of us ...we share with you the same feeling indeed ...

Ginni
09-23-2017, 07:36 AM
I understand and agree with you. As I get more comfortable with cross dressing, I enjoy it more. Getting all dressed up makes me feel good about myself. I feel like I found myself.

Lisa Roberts
09-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Same as the rest. I'm being pulled into the Femme realm deeper and deeper. I'm not fighting it anymore. I gave up asking "why" now its "how"? Love being girly.
Lace and Smiles!
Lisa

deebra
09-23-2017, 08:05 AM
If young women and their clothes weren't so sexy, soft and curvy and smelled so good like the perfume they wear we wouldn't have this problem!!!

Angie G
09-23-2017, 10:03 AM
I some what dressed im younger day got married still here and there, Then 11 years ago when I came out to my wife. Now I wear panties 99 % of the time And dress almost 100% at home . I never get to the point of going out dressed And I'm good with that.:hugs:
Angie

Rebecca Star
09-23-2017, 11:09 AM
The generic male chromosome makeup is XY (X being Female, Y being Male), and generally from around the age of 40 Male T-Levels decline. Add that, to holding a predisposition/desire to CD, and it could very well be why the urges increase as one gets older. Could also speculate that as one gets older, one's own mortality becomes a daunting reality. Only have to spend time on forums such as these, to see that some males decide to live 24/7 en femme, or even decide to transition in these later years.

I don't hold the answers, but it's a great topic to discuss and share. Thanks for opening this up, and sharing Sabrina, and thanks to others too :)

Stephanie Nicole
09-23-2017, 11:19 AM
my first time dressing was due to getting in trouble in catholic school as a 2nd grader ( I was about 8 years old). I was picking on one of the girls in my class and the nun that was the teacher decided that since I liked to pick on the girls I needed to experience what it was like to be one. She made me wear a girls jumper style uniform and blouse for the rest of the day and the next day also. Needless to say I learned my lesson about picking on girls but loved the feeling of the uniform, from that day on I was hooked. I didnt really dress much until I reached my mid 40s and now dress as much as possible.

Bobbi46
09-23-2017, 11:32 AM
I do not look at this as a "WHY" but more of a why not I am heading slowly towards 24/7 at the moment I am about 90% there and very comfortable with what and where I am. I love the clothing (and in any case far cheaper than buying boring old drab stuff) and I do not ever see my life reverting back to being 24/7 drab.
This is a lifestyle to be enjoyed and to gain inner well being from such. The big thing for me is not having to be in a closet. get up in the morning get dressed en femme nearly every day at the moment. Its not a matter of why but more of a why not let me enjoy what I have got for all its worth.

Paige Dehart
09-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Rebecca, The only thing I would add is that for some the need to dress more often may increase due to the fact that it feels so good and natural. For others it just may be that their gender dysphoria becomes unbearable and they must do what ever it takes to bring their outer form into alingement with their inner being.

Joanne Curl
09-23-2017, 03:02 PM
I know as I age(I just turned 60) the urge to dress grows stronger. I too want to spend more time as Joanne but my spouse is totally against my dressing.

Maria Blackwood
09-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I eventually realized my desire waxes and wanes with my mood. My peak desire to dress happens when my mood is at its best and vice versa.

Janine cd
09-24-2017, 09:51 PM
The desire to dress was always hidden in my life until my 40's. After struggling to overcome the desire, I finally surrendered and went totally out of control. As I grew older, I came to realize that I could never achieve being a perfect woman in my own mind. With the help of my wife, I came to the point in my life where dressing on occasion was sufficient to meet my desires.

Hidey
09-25-2017, 06:44 AM
Of course in my mid 70s my desire to come out of the closet grows but circumstances prevent it. Oh dear,

sabrinaedwards
09-28-2017, 08:52 AM
I love to drive my sports car while dressed on the back roads here in SC. It is a hard top with 6 speed manual transmission. It's fun shifting gears in high heels, managing the hills and curves on rural roads.
Love, Sabrina

Krisi
09-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Yea, I could live 24/7, 365 as a permanent crossdresser as well but I couldn't put up with all the hassle from friends, neighbors, family and strangers. I could pull off the look but not the voice, mannerisms, etc. I do dress nearly every day for a few hours but sometimes I have to leave the house and actually do things as Homer, not Krisi.

Of course, if you're going to live as a woman full time, it would be much simpler to get the surgery and not have to worry about the prosthetics.

Emily Myers
09-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Although not publicly out, I define myself as gender non-conforming. If I could personally I would appear as Emily 24/7 as well. I feel so much more comfortable, natural, and confident in female associated clothing than I do in Male's. I need to work on my makeup skills, but I would wear makeup all the time too. I'm 19 and currently living with my parents. I go to school and have a part time job, but whenever there's the opportunity too, I get dressed up. I'll have the house to myself next weekend, and I can't wait to be able to roam my house as Emily!

Jenny22
09-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Emily, at your age, you are so fortunate that you've begun your trip into femininity.