PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick yea/nay

TracyT
09-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi, I'm sitting here in a hotel in a different state, in my hair rollers and a robe. I'm thinking about going down to the pool/hot tub and having a drink, sitting in the tub for a bit and by the pool and reading, in my rollers. I'm (somewhat) used to being in public in rollers, but getting cold feet. Oh, the elevator ride! Oh, what if there's men in the locker room when I change?! Etc. (Seeing someone I know is a non-issue.) If you're reading please weigh in with a yea/nay to boost my confidence, or not. Thanks girls!

Tracii G
09-22-2017, 05:37 PM
If nobody knows you why not?

Pumped
09-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Part of me says "who cares, do it if you want", but the conservative parts asks "would a woman be caught dead in public in rollers?" I know my wife would not do it.

TracyT
09-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Pumped, thank you. Believe me I am versed in the "rollers in public" discussion and I'm aware that most women wouldn't be caught dead in them. OTOH, is a hotel pool/spa really "in public"? Anyway, thanks for responding, I'm headed out the door.

BLUE ORCHID
09-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Hi Tracy :hugs:, You need to make a list of Pro's & Con's and go with that...:daydreaming:...

Fiona123
09-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Yea on the hot tub. Nay on the rollers.

Teresa
09-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Tracy
I'm not a great lover of rollers, so I would get my hair sorted and go down nicely dressed .

As for the locker room/changing room, well I did go for a swim in drab but had to wear my teal nail polish because I'd forgotten my remover, also my body is totally shaved , I was taking the shower after my swim when a guy entered he just looked and smiled and I smiled and carried on getting dry . That is a tricky one because I felt I couldn't use the ladies section also it was the first time I'd been seen in public presented in that way. The funny end to that story was I left the pool area wrapped in the hired bath robe , the girl at the reception desk aske me to return it to her and not leave it in the room , I reappeared at her desk dressed the double take was so funny .

Twice now I've arrived early at the hotel and ordered a pot of tea and sat in a lounge area reading the local paper , before our meeting starts .

So Yea do it , but maybe dump the rollers !

Tracy Irving
09-22-2017, 06:37 PM
You should definitely take full advantage of the hotel amenities.

Lana Mae
09-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Leave the rollers and go enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae

DIANEF
09-22-2017, 06:47 PM
In my local corner shop (do you have those in the US?) women come in wearing rollers all the time, few people care, me included, though my wife thinks they are 'common'.

Vickie_CDTV
09-22-2017, 07:05 PM
You could cover the rollers with a "do rag" if you need to present male, or a scarf if you don't mind appearing feminine.

NancySue
09-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Ban the rollers, please. Anything else...go for it.

Peggie Lee
09-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Hey, if you've got enough hair for using rollers, go for it!

MelissaAB
09-22-2017, 07:54 PM
I say go for it girl! What do you have to lose? No one knows you and itll be exciting. :)

docrobbysherry
09-22-2017, 07:56 PM
My vote is the same as yours, Tracy. So, which way am I voting? Yea or nay?:brolleyes:

ginapoodle
09-22-2017, 09:09 PM
make your own decision

Tonya Renee
09-22-2017, 09:34 PM
I say nay! Rollers not a good idea. Finish the hair and go for it!

Jaymees22
09-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Nay on the rollers, not really a good look for anyone. Feel free to check in with the style police on this subject.

Ginni
09-23-2017, 07:31 AM
I understand why you would want to go to the hot tube in rollers. If wearing rollers in the hot tube makes you fell good, yes do it.

Krisi
09-23-2017, 09:26 AM
What you left out of the post is; Are you dressed as a woman? would you pass as a woman? Or will you be going out as a man with rollers in his hair?

I wouldn't do it, but you get to make your own choice here.

Angie G
09-23-2017, 09:40 AM
I'd leave the roller in the room. They may be O.K. for Wal-Mart.:hugs:
Angie

Celee
09-23-2017, 09:53 AM
I vote no on the rollers. Most GG's would probably put their hair up or in a ponytail (if you have enough hair) if they're going to the hot tub.

Sheila B Kelly
09-23-2017, 09:57 AM
+ 1 on the ponytail

Bobbi46
09-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Rollers in? good grief no! you will get looked at and not like being looked at. no leave the rollers in your room. definitely

Tracii G
09-23-2017, 12:04 PM
I think she had her mind made up before asking the question but thats just me thinking out loud.

TracyT
09-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Well , it's nearly unanimous: Lose the rollers!
I didn't, though. I'll admit that while I know plenty of people find it tacky and "common," I enjoy being out and about with my hair in rollers: I'll occasionally go to the market, the coffeeshop, and the nail salon in them (the Vietnamese women at the nail salon know me and always complement me on my set when I go in rolled up). Last night as I got on the elevator a women came rushing up and I held the door for her. She was completely unfazed by my appearance and we had a nice chat -- she had a nametag on for the conference that was going on at the hotel and I asked her about it. When I got off she wished me good evening very nicely.

I sat in the hot tub for a while and sure enough, 4 women came in and climbed in with me. They clearly found it odd but didn't say anything. They were chatting away and I offered a couple of comments. When they left I was lying on a lounge chair, reading , and they wished me a good evening.

Thanks for the responses!

TT

P.S. I am flying home today, wearing a cargo skirt with Keds and my hair, still slightly bouncy from my roller set, in a headband. Just another guy in a skirt.....