PDA

View Full Version : Breast Forms Stolen From My Luggage! Mortified and discouraged....

Janet77
09-23-2017, 10:34 AM
:eek:
I bought a fairly expensive set of large (40DD) breast forms and a pocket bra from Amazon and packed them along with my complete girly kit in a suitcase. I was on a business trip and looked forward to trying my new boobs on and taking some pictures. I checked my suitcase (it was too big to carry on) and took my flight. When I got to my destination and unpacked I was shocked to see the breast forms were not in my luggage! Some TSA agent or (more likely baggage handler) had stolen them from my checked bag. I was obviously pissed off and didn't bother to get dressed up that evening.
For some reason, aside from the loss of the forms and never having the chance to even try them on, this really took the wind out of my sails. That night in my hotel room, I deleted my Janet Facebook page, which I have had for 5 years and had over 4000 friends. I am so discouraged that I don't know if I ever want to get dressed anymore. :sad:

Tracy Irving
09-23-2017, 10:59 AM
On a recent visit, my mother-in-law had her jewelry stolen from her checked luggage. She complained to everyone involved but her words fell on deaf ears. When she got home she found the plastic bag holding her jewelry. It was still lying on the bed waiting to be packed. She learned to never check anything of value.

TSA should leave a note if they go through your bag and definitely if they confiscate something. I think silicone breast forms are permitted for wearing as well storing in your checked suitcase. I hope they were not stolen from you. Would you file a claim with the airline?

Teri Ray
09-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Janet,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I personally cannot stomach anyone who would steal anything. I believe thieves are the lowest. I can understand your frustration with being ripped off. I cannot understand that this issue would be a tipping point in your desire to dress. Best wishes.

Sheila B Kelly
09-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Janet, sorry to hear about your experience, but don't allow some thieving lowlife stop you from being you !

aprilgirl
09-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Well that certainly sucked. I totally understand how you must have felt Janet, but hope you don't regret deleting your Facebook account. The forms, as expensive as they were, are a lot easier to replace than 4,000 friends.

Aunt Kelly
09-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Being the victim of such a crime involves much more than the loss of property. In this case, having something so personal stolen must feel like a much greater violation. So sorry that you've had this happen to you.
You situation may prevent you from reporting the crime. If so, I understand, but I'd have reported the theft of several hundred dollars worth of very personal items in a heartbeat. Video surveillance would have made the ID of the perpetrator fairly simple. You may not get your property back, but the arrest and prosecution for that particular theft would provide at least some satisfaction.

Amy Lynn3
09-23-2017, 11:45 AM
It seems like some TSA Agents don't use common sense at times. I have heard they think anything in gel form could possibly be an explosive and forms fit that realm. My thinking is they should have gone right through security, after they saw what they were.

I have flown all over the Country with a razor to shave with. No problem, until I came out of Ft Lauderdale one time. The agent stopped me and slammed open my carry on and took my razor to his supervisor and they took the blade out of my razor. Said I was attempting to carry a straight razor on board. It was a razor anyone can buy over the counter.

Hope you get over this issue and continue the enjoyment of dressing.

Pat
09-23-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping you find them when you get home. As Tracy mentioned, TSA will leave a note in your bag if they opened it. So sorry that you had such a disappointment. I understand getting stuff stolen leaves one feeling very violated. All I can do is express sympathy.

Allisa
09-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Yes to be wronged in such a way is the pits, but to stop doing something that you enjoy is giving in to the scum that did this to you. I know that breasts are an intricate part of dressing but they can be replaced and thus your happiness. I know this would be "outing" yourself but make a report, maybe in some way will draw attention to the matter and stop the thief in the future knowing that they are looking for a "pervert" thief.

docrobbysherry
09-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Janet, I hope u filed a claim with the airline? They should reimburse u for the forms and bra. Up to whatever limit they have in their program. :straightface:

CynthiaD
09-23-2017, 12:06 PM
I carry breast forms in my checked luggage every time I fly. TSA sometimes inspects my bag, but nothing has ever gone missing. I almost always carry a backup pair in case something happens to the first pair.

Your reaction puzzles me, Janet. My reaction would be to report the theft, and then try to find some inexpensive replacements at my destination. Did you feel that maybe you didn't "deserve" them and that's why you lost them? Or perhaps that the loss was your punishment for doing something bad?

Neither is true. Crossdressing is something to be proud of. And honey, nobody deserves a nice set of breast forms more than you!

Tracii G
09-23-2017, 12:16 PM
I have to ask why delete your FB page over something like this that makes no sense.
The two are not remotely connected.

Alice B
09-23-2017, 12:30 PM
TASA is supposed to leave a nite if they go throuh your bag(s). e have had this note several times on trips.

CONSUELO
09-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Janet,

Don't be discouraged. It was probably some silly TSA agent or a baggage handler who took them.
Everyone who is a member here should be on the lookout for a TSA agent with 40DD breasts.
I criticize TSA often as their method of searching for the "needle in the haystack" is to take apart the haystack and look at every straw. It always seemed to be very inefficient and unlikely to catch a terrorist. Indeed I have never read of them catching a terrorist intent on bringing down or hijacking a plane.

Just go out and buy a new set of breast forms and do as the Doc says and ask the airline for reimbursement.

Teresa
09-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Janet,
It appears strange that a baggage handler would single out your bag and only take your forms, non CDers aren't really aware of their value. I would say they showed up on the baggage screening and were removed , I would claim for them on the basis you were carrying them for a cancer sufferer , if you don't want to out yourself.

I can understand you being annoyed and upset but why delete all your facebook friends.

Luckliy I was staying with a friend , the plan was to change at her home , I suddenly found I'd forgotten to pack my forms so like a good friend she stepped in with a spare set. It's a pity you didn't have a friend like that with you .

Janet77
09-23-2017, 01:33 PM
I did not report it, partly from embarassment and partly because I doubt they would do anything about it other than file a report. I suspect that someone is having a good laugh at my expense. As for deleting my Facebook page, I have been kind of ambivalent about Facebook lately anyway. I joined FB to make friends, hopefully to actually meet some people in real life, and if I am honest, to boost my ego by posting pics, as I do here as well. I have made a lot of online friends but these friendships for the most part feel pretty superficial. I haven't really met anyone and I guess I am getting tired of the energy it takes to get dolled up just to take pictures and hang out by myself. It just seems so pointless..
Anyway, thank you all for letting me vent and for your kind comments, I do appreciate them!

Territx
09-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Janet -- First, I hope you consider calling, etc. to file a claim despite a day or so having passed. You can make an excuse about why they were in your bag, if that makes you more comfortable, but chances are the airline does not care why. They do not want this behavior to go forward because if they do it to you, you know other things are disappearing.

Second, don't let the bad behavior of someone who would stoop to stealing forms from someone (could have been a woman suffering from cancer and had a mastectomy) steal your life and joy. I understand the feelings of violation and the economic issue, but try to look at this with a little less emotion when you can.

Finally, remember that there are many people who feel close to you even if we have never met face-to-face. Many of us share a feeling of sisterhood that others do not understand. That is part of the reason why the social forums have had some success. If I worked for an airline or at an airport I would offer to help, but I can only offer emotional support.

Good luck.

Terri

Stephanie47
09-23-2017, 04:24 PM
I think you should file a claim with the airline and file a report with TSA. I realize there may be some degree of embarrassment involved. It is possible an inexperienced TSA screener may have mistaken it for some sort of contraband and just tossed it. It is also possible it is sitting at the airports office waiting for someone to claim it. TSA is suppose to leave a note indicating your luggage was opened. I fly infrequently and have had my luggage open several times. I'm assuming my can of shaving cream or bottle of hair tonic was checked. If something was checked it is possible it was video recorded at the inspection table. Nobody is going to inspect it on a moving conveyor belt.

Back in 1976 I had a coin collection stolen by United baggage handlers at JFK in NYC. I did not realize it until I opened my luggage the next day. It still grates on me.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Hi Janet:hugs:, It is not likely you will ever get any satisfaction from the airline but don't let that ruin your fun of dressing.

I had a expensive camera flash attachment missing from my checked bag once and that really pissed me off
but I replaced it and kept taking pictures...:daydreaming:...

Tracii G
09-23-2017, 05:17 PM
I think you just give up too easily Janet.
Its your property and they should get it back or compensate you for it at least.
Those people don't know you so whats the big deal its not like they can out you.
This just me personally but you are just wimping out and too scared to say anything to the authorities because you feel shame in dressing.
To let one person affect you to the point you delete a FB page you have it makes me wonder if there isn't more to this story that you are willing to admit.

Teresa
09-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Janet,
It is a big difference to dressing alone and going out socially to meet others. I find I don't dress as much at home at the moment because I can't live with the mad dash to cover up and change anymore. I will have to be patient and wait until I can dress as I choose in my own home. I can understand your feelings about the Facebook page now, it feels pointless when there is no one to share it with .

JenniferMBlack
09-23-2017, 07:17 PM
last time i flew I didn't have any thing removed, but they apparently went through my luggage and left a note saying they had. I think that is the norm dont know if you got such a note or not but would think if they were removed for security reasons there should be something saying so.

AngieStone
09-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Someone on facebook posted a clip from an article that stated. From the years between 2003 and 2012 the number of TSA agents arrested 400 number of terrorists stopped by TSA agents 0.

Tracii G
09-23-2017, 07:39 PM
I don't trust many people and if something was stolen in my luggage you can be sure I will find out what happened.

Diane Smith
09-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Many years ago, I had some pro audio equipment stolen from a checked bag. Reporting it to the airline resulted in an FBI agent coming to my home to interview me about it, but the items were never recovered (both the airline and the FBI guy said there was little hope of that). But the documentation from filing the report did allow me to make a claim to my homeowner's insurance, and I was compensated for almost the full value of the stolen equipment (minus a rather small deductible). You might want to consider this depending on how you value your monetary loss versus the embarrassment of describing your forms.

- Diane

Nikkilovesdresses
09-24-2017, 02:41 AM
The forms, as expensive as they were, are a lot easier to replace than 4,000 friends.

IMO the 4,000 friends have about as much value as the box the forms originally came in. Janet did the right thing in deleting such nonsense, and now she can reevaluate her life starting from a solid foundation.

Barbara Black
09-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Geez Janet, please don't condemn all of us for a single lout. Perhaps you've created another crossdresser, or at least pulled him out of hiding (40DD is not something you can hide). I hope you cool off before you do something disasterous like a purge. Don't get me wrong though, I would be pissed too.

CONSUELO
09-24-2017, 02:32 PM
The job of a TSA agent is to prevent a terrorist attack on an airplane or its passengers. They have a right to search a bag for potentially hazardous items such as explosives, but they have no right to take things from your bag. If they thought the breast forms were "hazardous", shouldn't they have at least informed Janet of their action.

In conversation with the wife of a TSA baggage checker, I mentioned that I always put twist ties around the zip pulls on my baggage to make sure the zips did not open by accident and spill out the contents of the bag. She told me that the baggage checkers just "rip those things off". I was astounded that she thought such arrogant treatment of a passengers belongings was acceptable.

Indeed TSA has a job to do but I find their tactics boorish and overbearing and frankly I wonder if they do much good at all considering the huge amount of cost and waste of passengers time. Air travel has turned into an unpleasant experience caused by TSA people shouting orders at you as you try to comply with all of their silly rules. Flying out of overseas airports also involves a security check but the personnel there behave more courteously and don't shout at you.

I feel for Janet as she had planned an enjoyable trip and it was all ruined for her for no good reason.

Richelle423
09-24-2017, 02:49 PM
On the lighter side maybe the TSA agent is a CD and didn't have the guts to purchase for himself/ herself. But still repulsive. I can imagine the missing panties and bras out there.

cdtraveler
09-24-2017, 03:02 PM
makes you wonder what security is really like of its that easy to take stolen items out of thw airport. seems to me tsa workers should be required to have bag search areas video taped as well to watch the tsa agents!

Janet77
09-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Just to be clear: I don't know who stole them. Usually when the TSA opens a suitcase to inspect it, they leave a card inside to explain what they did. I have had this happen to me before. There was no card in the suitcase this time, for what it's worth.

Kelsey dresses
09-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Just remember you enter an airport you give up all rights to anything and they will do as they please and you can't do crap about it. Wait u til they start check points on the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about your boobs I hope they were not expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you say 1944 Germany.

Beverley Sims
09-25-2017, 02:12 AM
Janet,
Just take a deep breath and get on with it......
Life does suck sometimes and I can see your disappointment in human nature, but there is still plenty of time for you to enjoy life. :-)

Krisi
09-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Someone on facebook posted a clip from an article that stated. From the years between 2003 and 2012 the number of TSA agents arrested 400 number of terrorists stopped by TSA agents 0.

You know, I hope, that not everything posted on Facebook is factual.

Dorit
09-25-2017, 08:37 AM
I had a similar experience last June when my silicone hip pads were stolen from my suitcase. I was on a flight from Tel Aviv to San Francisco on KLM-Delta with a layover in Amsterdam. The suitcase missed the connection and took a day to catch up with me in SF. I filed a complaint with Delta, as even though the suitcase was in many hands, they are ultimately responsible for it. I explained that silicone hip pads that were an essential item for a transgender person were stolen from my suitcase. Their values was $200. Within three weeks I received a check from Delta for $200! You should file a claim!

Krisi
09-25-2017, 09:12 AM
................. Air travel has turned into an unpleasant experience caused by TSA people shouting orders at you as you try to comply with all of their silly rules. ........... .

Have you ever stopped to think of who put us in this situation? It's not the TSA people.

Kayliedaskope
09-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Might not have been the TSA's who did the deed. There are a lot more people who work at airports besides security.

This isn't a "stolen item" article, but take a look at one man's response to United Airlines' refusal to compensate him for damage to his $3500 Taylor guitar by a ham-handed baggage handler.

http://sentium.com/a-public-relations-disaster-how-saving-1200-cost-united-airlines-10772839-negative-views-on-youtube/

Alice Torn
09-25-2017, 11:55 AM
That is a bummer. One reason i only use doubled water balloons.

Janet77
09-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Janet,
Just take a deep breath and get on with it......
Life does suck sometimes and I can see your disappointment in human nature, but there is still plenty of time for you to enjoy life. :-)

Thank you Beverly, I think I will take your advice. Life is short, and it could be a lot worse! Guess I need to order another pair of forms....

- - - Updated - - -

I had a similar experience last June when my silicone hip pads were stolen from my suitcase. I was on a flight from Tel Aviv to San Francisco on KLM-Delta with a layover in Amsterdam. The suitcase missed the connection and took a day to catch up with me in SF. I filed a complaint with Delta, as even though the suitcase was in many hands, they are ultimately responsible for it. I explained that silicone hip pads that were an essential item for a transgender person were stolen from my suitcase. Their values was $200. Within three weeks I received a check from Delta for $200! You should file a claim!

Thanks Devorak. I am starting to wonder if the silicone in forms and hip pads look like plastic explosives on an Xray machine.. Might explain things.

jennifer0918
09-25-2017, 05:24 PM
Which airline? If you don't mind sharing this info.

Dorit
09-26-2017, 01:03 AM
Thanks Devorak. I am starting to wonder if the silicone in forms and hip pads look like plastic explosives on an Xray machine.. Might explain things.

I have flown many times, including to and from Tel Aviv, which has the highest level of security, with breast forms in my checked baggage. As a matter of fact, in the same suitcase with the stolen silicone hip pads, I had breast forms too. This so far as been the only time any silicone item was stolen. And by the way, they were in an outside zipper pocket which made them easier to steal.

Krisi
09-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Next time, wear them. They won't disappear.

Janet77
09-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Which airline? If you don't mind sharing this info.

American, flying from Charlotte to Denver.

jennifer0918
09-26-2017, 10:42 AM
American, flying from Charlotte to Denver.

Thanks,and sorry to hear about that.

LizL
10-13-2017, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I did have a bag that was 100% full of lingerie get searched (with the printed notice enclosed) once. I was mortified but nothing was taken.

I hope you do file a claim and get your money back.