PDA

View Full Version : The first time you saw yourself as the complete female image

Faith Noel
09-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone, I don't know if this topic is on here. I am new to the site. Any way ,what were your thoughts,feelings,ect. When you saw that girl/woman in the mirror for the first time? For me it was pure elation, i had just finished my makeup, and put on my wig ,earings,and female type glasses on.(I dont wear glasses) I just felt it completed my look. Well this woman I was seeing in the mirror, was Faith! There she was smilling from ear to ear, I just could not belive it! I was so happy! Now all I had to do was take her out on the town. Started going to group meetings near me. Meeting others just like me,I had fun. Hug to you all

Pat
09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
The first time I saw me, I cried. I never until that moment realized I had been looking to see that person every time I looked in a mirror (or looked at a photograph, etc.) and for decades, that person wasn't there. I still mist up when I think about it. ;)

Stacy Darling
09-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Oh! the Elation!

I haven't used that word for some time! nicely worded!

Not much else to say actually, I get the same feeling every time, and "LOVE IT"

love being a chick!
Stacy!

Sarah Doepner
09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Yeppers. Elation was part of it but tears were there as well. Why did I have to wait so long in life to see that image of who I could be.

The last time I dressed I looked at the reflection and asked myself, "What is there here not to like?" I couldn't come up with anything.

Lana Mae
09-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Mine was strange! I saw Lana Mae in the mirror twice while still in male mode! They were for only a split second but it happened! Then I went for a transformation and bang, there she was, staring back with those big beautiful eyes! If I can ever get those eyes right (make up) it will be a miracle! She has been a part of me ever since! (Well, yeah, she is me!) LOL Hugs Lana Mae PS: I wanted to cry but my makeup would have ran and ruined the look! LOL

DIANEF
09-28-2017, 12:08 PM
When I bought my first wig. Before that I had used make up but my short hair totally spoiled the look. Then the wig went on, I was amazed at the difference it made and yes I did cry (a little)

~Joanne~
09-28-2017, 12:11 PM
I never cried or anything like that but I surely was in pure amazement when I saw myself in that mirror. I had dressed and done my makeup and such and still saw "me" staring back but once that wig went on, i surely disappeared and she was there. it's amazing what a great wig can do :D

Ceera
09-28-2017, 12:25 PM
For me, that moment actually came a while after I had begun going out en femme. For several months I had gone nightclubbing as I tried to perfect my presentation and voice. But the cheaper wigs I had tried so far left my presentation lacking a certain something, and I did not feel my look was convincing enough to pass in daylight, let alone to fulful my own inner girl’s need to express herself visibly.

I realized my wigs all looked too fake to do the job. So I drummed up my courage and went to a local wig shop, as a male first, to see if they would deal with a trans client, and make an appointment. They had several other trans or CD clients already, and soon I had an appointment for that weekend.

At 10 AM on Saturday morning I was close to terrified. I had never been out en-femme in daylight before, and the wig salon was in a strip mall just two doors down from a restaurant that I frequently went to on weekdays for coffee and breakfast tacos. Most of the strip mall was still closed, but not that restaurant, where the employees had a good view of where I had to park and walk to go to the wig shop. I had my best current wig on, and my best attempt at ‘natural’ daytime-suitable makeup, and was wearing a nice skirt and blouse and ‘sensible’ low-heeled black pumps.

When I saw them unlock the salon door, I got out of my car and tried to walk calmly over to the appointment. Once inside, the staff was welcoming, accepting and friendly. I wasn’t yet ready to pay for a human hair wig, but had budgeted up to $400 USD for a nice synthetic one.

My moment came when they showed me a long, light brown wig, quite similar in color to my own hair when I was in my 20’s. I closed my eyes as she put it on me and adjusted it. When I opened my eyes, my first thought was, “Well! Hello, sister!” I was looking at a clearly female version of myself for the first time, an image that looked almost like my younger sister! The wig was tight on me, but they said they could try to streach it to fit me better. I should have had a large cap size, and this one only came in the standard size. But it looked so real that I almost cried with joy! It was spendy, but I bought it, and left it with them to stretch out. Picked it up the next weekend, and wore it out of the store, feeling so confident and happy that I went right into that restaurant next door and ordered coffee and breakfast tacos. And they did not recognize me! They accepted me at face value, as a new female customer! It was a genuine turning point in my female life. After that, I confidently went out in daylight, knowing others could finally see “the real me”!

Teresa
09-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Hi Faith,
Welcome to the forum.
You've started with an interesting question but if I may ask one, what age were you and how long ago ?

My first avatar was possibly the first time it all came together, I was in my forties. My makeup was bits and pieces, remnant tubes from my wife and daughter, so I didn't expect too much but the lesson learned was how little it took to get a female look. The real turning point was when the wig went on, that's when the male side of me disappeared . I'm not sure how I felt because I just didn't expect to look so different , mind blowing or mind numbing hard to say !

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=265835&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1473079306https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=216756&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1387979540

Faith Noel
09-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi. Ceera, funny you talked about going to a wig shop. The first wig I bought was at a wig shop (before internet shopping) it was run by some orientals, I walked in ,in drab mode . They asked if i needed some help.I said I want to buy a wig. (They sold other things,stockings,hair,products) I tried on about five styles and colors.I finaly settled on one a bought it, i couldn't wait to do the full transformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Teresa, I am 54 been dressing in one form or anther very early on. The X actually forced Faith to come out. I was @38 she found my stash, and told everyone she knew. So I said what the hell I might as well go for it! Alot of water under the bridge since that time. I have got plenty of stories tO tell.

Samm
09-28-2017, 01:36 PM
I worked on my "look" a little at a time over many years. Not until this year had I put all of the pieces together. So my wow factor wasn't really there as much as if I did a total 180 transformation. Though, I was still pleasantly surprised each time I was able to go a step further. Oddly enough, I still don't think I look all that different in male mode. (Other than the obvious) in other words, I'm pretty sure anyone that knows me would recognize me.

TracyUK
09-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Whilst I may not pass, I thought I looked good ever since I as a kid and first started CD'ing.
Hugs
Tracy

sara66
09-28-2017, 03:04 PM
The first time I found the perfect wig and was all made up, I looked in the mirror and my cousin was looking back. It was kind of surreal. Totally cool and fun, but I it took a few moments to realize it was really me.
Sara :heehee:

Tahoegurl
09-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I was really amazed the first time I was completely done up , amazed that I looked right...very female ant yet still me. I have fine tuned since then, but everytime I look in the mirror I see me...glamorous me.

Susan Smokes
09-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Pure joy! I could not stop looking at myself. I now had found the female that had been hidden inside me.

IleneD
09-28-2017, 04:16 PM
It was like staring into a deep well of Myself for the very first time, and the water was crystal clear.

docrobbysherry
09-29-2017, 12:45 AM
I had been dressing for a year and was ready to give it up. Because I'm a man, I was sick to death of seeing a man in a dress in my mirror.:doh:
I wanted to see a pretty woman. Someone I'm not!:sad:

Then, out of desperation I tried on a mask. OMG! I finally saw a woman looking back at me! I still get chills sometimes, seeing her!:daydreaming:

Bobbi46
09-29-2017, 02:19 AM
The first time I looked at myself in the mirror it broke LoL but with my new wig I feel I have arrived, I feel a new me, ready to leave lipstick marks on as many coffee cups in cafes as I possibly can Lol

Alice Torn
09-29-2017, 04:20 AM
I was amazed. Pink fog broke the thermometer.

Robin2005
09-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Still haven't. I admire the way I look in a nice dress or skirt put I am still a man in a dress. I have a bread so it is a waist to try to do my face. May be some day I will shave my beard off and try it but I am not really thinking of that at this time. Of now I am happy to just wear my female clothing.

alwayshave
09-29-2017, 04:53 AM
Faith, my avatar was the first time I believe it came together when I went to True Colors for a transformation.

Vintage4sarah
09-29-2017, 05:04 AM
The moment I saw Sarah looking back at me at the completion of my first makeover nearly 20 year ago was that great reveal. It was at a makeover salon/ make-up lesson in which the "artist" put it all together especially with the make-up tricks, the right wig and a few other pointers. From that time on, I knew that I could more than a guy in dress to become an acceptable female image. It really gave me the courage to meet others.

Lydianne
09-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Still haven't. I admire the way I look in a nice dress or skirt put I am still a man in a dress. I have a beard so it is a waste to try to do my face. [SNIP]

I'm 40. My TG awakening was at around age 12, and I have been makeuping for only the last 5 of those years; so I totally understand anyone who is satisfied with man-in-a-dress. However, let me address the notion of makeup with a beard being a "waste", in your words.

Exhibit A (www.gettyimages.com/event/conchita-wurst-portrait-session-465050185).

How about those eyes?!?? Interested yet? :daydreaming: . . .

No problem! . . Moisturiser, primer, foundation, setter, . . Nah, I joke :tongueout.

:Poke:

Krisi
09-29-2017, 08:00 AM
I don't think I ever saw that woman in the mirror for the first time. I didn't just wake up one morning, rush out and buy breast forms, hip padding, a wig, makeup, jewelry and clothes and shoes, it was gradual, very gradual. And of course, unless you have someone do it for you, you have to look in the mirror to put on your makeup and wig.

I do like what I see when I'm finished with the transformation but I'm always looking for a way to improve my presentation.

BrendaPDX
09-29-2017, 08:12 AM
The first time I saw myself totally enfemme in the mirror I just stood there and stared for the longest time. I thought to myself, I would date girl; but alas I am just a gurl. But WOW! Thanks for asking and sharing:)

Tracy Irving
09-29-2017, 08:26 AM
That hasn't happened, yet. When I look in the mirror I see a crossdresser.

Stephanie47
09-29-2017, 10:45 AM
I have to concur with Tracy. I was still in my period of self loathing. It was probably in the early 1980's that I bought my first wig at a Kmart. It was just before Halloween. I suppose I looked half way decent, although my makeup skills probably stunk. I still thought I was a man wearing women's clothing. Maybe I was passable. Maybe not. I wasn't comfortable with myself.

Now? I'm an aging cross dresser who has come to accept himself. I definitely know I looked a heck of a lot better as a woman in the early 1980's than now. My hair is gray. My face shows the lines of wisdom. :) However, I feel at ease. I am comfortable with who I am.

NancySue
09-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Totally amazed and it’s only gotten better, over the years, as my makeup skills have improved, wardrobe expanded, new wigs, shoes, etc. Each wig gives me a different look...short, mid length, and long. When I go out for a ride, I can’t help looking in the rear view or vanity mirrors and smiling. I do keep my eyes on the road. Lol.

Dana44
09-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Yep it was elation. The very first time I was much younger. It was so nice to see my inner fem.

Jenny22
09-29-2017, 11:37 AM
I had possibly hundreds of looks in the mirror as my CDing developed. I looked young, but not too feminine. Then my first wig and improved makeup caused a Wow, my forms a bigger Wow as I was looking good and much more lady like. All of this kinda sorta thrilled me. Then some dollar store feminine glasses and voila! I looked much more feminine and loved the look. Big sun glasses were the frosting on the cake as they covered my deep set eyes.

Paula_56
09-29-2017, 12:03 PM

1999 Thank you Jamie Austin and John Warrener of the Glamour Boutique Auburn Mass

Meghan4now
09-29-2017, 12:06 PM
I like Ceera's post. I first dressed in high school over 35 years ago, but badly. Then over time. I think I got a glimpse here and there over the years. But it wasn't till I had the full makeover in Vegas a few years back when I got the full effect. The wig made the biggest difference. Then, like Pat, I nearly cried. That moment something changed.

Faith Noel
09-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Wow I am new here and just put this post up, I am happy you all sharing your reactions to the first time. Thanks for making me feel welcomed , hugs to all Faith

Alice B
09-29-2017, 12:56 PM
For me it was a combination of elation and fear. I was presenting as a woman for the first time at haloween costume contest. It was at a meeting of professionals in which I was the guest speaker. It went well, won the contest and fooled a lot of people.Thus the dye was cast.

Cherylgyno
09-29-2017, 03:05 PM
First time I looked in a mirror was pure eutopia or so I thought, I was 6 year's old. My makeup wasn't at all good. At 13 my first real g/f dressed me and did my makeup perfectly. She whispered in my ear that she knew that I loved how she had dressed me. That was beyond eutopia.

sometimes_miss
09-29-2017, 05:38 PM
The first time, I was all of about seven years old. At the suggestion of someone, I tried on his sisters underwear and dress. When I looked up, in the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door, I saw what appeared to be a little blond girl looking back at me. It simply supported his suggestion that god had made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to be a girl. I dont' know how long I stood there; it felt like forever. It was probably just about a half minute or so. He asked me if I'd like to keep wearing it while we were up there alone. At first, I just sat on the edge of the tub, and stared at myself in the mirror. I was kind of in shock. It was the early sixties, and the worst possible thing a boy could be, was feminine in any way. 'Sissy' was the biggest insult you could call a boy. Yet, there I was, facing actually supposed to being a girl. I felt a little sick inside, like all my fears had come true. So I said no, took off the clothes, put back on my boy clothes, and said I didn't feel good, and that I wanted to go home. He told me it was ok, he'd keep my secret, and he'd never tell anyone....that I was really supposed to be a girl.
I sort of stayed in shock. How else could a little boy respond to that? Why did god do this to me? Or NOT do something to make me all boy? I didn't understand. For years, I would try to figure it out. I would pray and pray, keep asking god, why? What did I do? What should I do? Of course, god never answered me.

It was that episode that set in place a series of things that seemed to support the idea that I was supposed to be a girl. Her clothes fit me perfectly, mom usually let my hair grow longer than it should be for boys, mom had dressed me in my older sister's hand me downs, I didn't like to fight ( between my older sister and neighbor beating me, I learned real quick never to fight back or the beatings would be much worse), I wasn't good at sports, and of course, at that age, my penis was nothing but a nub, which disappeared when it got cold. So all together, it added up. He was right. I was supposed to be a girl. The next seven years were a nightmare. High school was even worse, being attracted to girls, and yet feeling like I was supposed to be one of them.

That's what it was like.

laura.lapinski
09-30-2017, 09:27 AM
I remember I kind of gasped in elation at how I looked and it was kind of shocking, but in a good way, at how I looked like a real, passable woman. I remember thinking that I could really like this type of life, and being frightened at not knowing how far I would want to take things.

Teri Ray
09-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Explaining the feeling is difficult. For me it was thrilling, awe and amazement. Excitement for sure. I still do not understand why. I have given up trying to understand the desire and finally got to acceptance. Maybe a poor analogy but describing your feelings as a crossdresser is akin to trying to define why you like chocolate. You just do.

aprilgirl
09-30-2017, 11:51 AM
It was so long ago, but I felt as though a switch had been flipped, and never feeling so "alive" before. Definitely an "aha" moment. Kim

alesha
09-30-2017, 02:29 PM
I’ve been dressing pretty much from a young age so I don’t really remember my first time. I suppose it was my early teen years that I was fully dressing. I had long hair back then so it was the complete look. Even when I had short hair, it was long enough that I could style it in a feminine way. I was always happy and elated every time I could wear women’s clothes.

Sarah Louise
09-30-2017, 02:40 PM
My first time transformed was only 3 years ago. I had never even put make-up on but went to a dressing service to see what potential I had. Tbh, my initial reaction when I put on a brunette wig was I look like my sister! Then I put a blonde wig on and looked like my other sister! But then I was hooked as I thought I looked like a real girl.

Mafalda
09-30-2017, 03:43 PM
It was like staring into a deep well of Myself for the very first time, and the water was crystal clear.

That's poetry... And, if I well remember, I felt the same.

Devorah
09-30-2017, 06:24 PM
count me in as one who saw my complete image and unexpectedly shed more than a few tears. I think that at the time, I hadn't cried in the five years before that for anything in male mode.

Janine cd
09-30-2017, 09:35 PM
The first time that I saw myself totally female I was mesmerized by the sight in the mirror. I couldn't stop looking. What really amazed me is how much I saw the appearance of a younger cousin. The sight was the beginning of a live time pursuit of trying to duplicate that experience.

Lynn Sealy
10-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Last night. All I could say was "WOW." I was stunned.

SaraLin
10-01-2017, 04:02 AM
There have been times when I got it right enough to pass through the outside world unnoticed (blend in), but...

I've never looked in a mirror and been satisfied or felt that my reflection was right. In my eyes, I always looked like the old me - just wearing a dress. Try as I might, I never got to that "that's it!" moment.

Bobbi46
10-01-2017, 04:27 AM
Also for me looking at myself I thought yes this me, this how I should look. Looking right makes one feel good inside, a feeling of accomplishment of have got to where one wanted to go and most importantly to happy, content and at peace as well.

BLUE ORCHID
10-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Hi Faith :hugs:, I dressed up over the years and really just a guy in a dress, it wasn't until I got a
nice wig and mastered the skills of doing my makeup that It really all came together.

Seeing that lovely lady smiling at me in the mirror that the overwhelming joy engulfed me,
to this day I can't believe that lovely lady in the full length mirror is actually me.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Cheryl T
10-01-2017, 08:21 AM
My first time complete was under whelming.
I was terrible with my makeup, my wig was cheap and looked it and I just felt I had so far to go to achieve my sense of self.

The elation and joy didn't come for years, but finally found me when I had my first professional makeover. Having someone talented do my makeup and hair showed me to me and that was beyond words.

Now I've gotten better, not as refined as I would prefer, but better and I'm so happy that I'm here.

CarlaWestin
10-01-2017, 08:52 AM
My first time complete was with the ex. But, I did get that, "Hello Carla! Nice to finally meet you." moment at my first professional makeover.

And occasionally I'll get a wow moment from the mirror.

Diedre
10-01-2017, 09:55 AM
I was around 13 and had a female cousin who found out about my dressing.

She had amazing makeup skills and completely transformed me. I was totally shocked how passable I became. I use to go to her house and we would dress and go out on Saturdays to shop. How I loved wearing the Marcia Brady style mini dresses, pantyhose and heels.

Unfortunately time has taken it's toll and I look like a MIAD these days

Meghan4now
10-01-2017, 10:07 AM
My first time complete was with the ex. But, I did get that, "Hello Carla! Nice to finally meet you." moment at my first professional makeover.

And occasionally I'll get a wow moment from the mirror.

Carla, you know that's my favorite picture of you!

Sometimes Steffi
10-01-2017, 09:04 PM
I was in Houston on business and had an opportunity to get a makeover by Vanity Wilde.

As she was doing the makeover, she had me facing the mirror and I was watching the transformation as she worked. She was doing beard cover, foundation contouring and everything, but all I saw was a man in a dress. Then, she spun me away from the mirror while she did my eyes. Then she pulled on my wig and adjusted it and combed it out. When she spun me back around to face the mirror, that was the first time i really saw Steffi, and she was pretty cute. I'll never forget that first time.

Jaymees22
10-01-2017, 09:37 PM
The first time I was 17 and really didn't know what I was doing but was pleased and excited. Really didn't dress again until I was 67 and after spending a lot of time visualizing what I would look like was a little disappointed. Definitely got better at it with practice and now am usually pleased with the results. Of course it wasn't ever as much about how I look but how I feel so much better!!

Joanne108
10-01-2017, 09:59 PM
The first time I was happy with the female image I created was when I dressed for Halloween 2012. I took my time and dressed in clothes that I had acquired at a thrift store. I saw a beautiful blonde woman in the mirror and I was blown away. It was great.

Amber83
10-01-2017, 10:45 PM
The first time I saw Amber in the mirror was pure joy and satisfaction. I finally felt complete. Hugs.

Georgina
10-02-2017, 03:30 AM
The first time I saw myself looking like a woman was in a photo. I was surprised at how womanly I looked. Luckily it wasn't a hello moment as I was already me before I dressed. Lately I have used make up with just my short male hair and I thought I looked nice.

Jayne44C
10-02-2017, 10:07 AM
The first time I saw Amber in the mirror was pure joy and satisfaction. I finally felt complete. Hugs.

Took the words right out of my mouth. That was my experience too! :)

josie_S
10-02-2017, 11:27 AM

1999 Thank you Jamie Austin and John Warrener of the Glamour Boutique Auburn Mass

OMG same. Jamie Austin and John Warrener were the best. and the elation here was off the charts!

Jennifer in CO
10-02-2017, 10:05 PM
anyone remember the song "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"? This thread kinda kindles up that kind of memory. When I was old enough to know what I was doing, "pretending" was what most of my early memories are. When I was 15 and spent the summer with my Grand Parents (most of it as Jennifer) that I realized this was more than just pretending but didn't know what. I guess the first time it really hit me that that girl in the mirror was me was the night I went on my first date. A blind date my older Cousin Janet (she was 17) set up so she could go out with her BF and not have Mom along to "chaperone". I guess my Aunt figured that if I was there she wouldn't do anything (stupid). Well, as we were getting ready, starring in the mirror I had one of those epiphany moments as we now know them that just told me that all this was right. That that girl in the mirror was me and that girl in the mirror was who I was supposed to be. At that moment I realized I was no longer pretending. I 'became" a girl that night. I even gave a boy a kiss. Janet told me later that I was a flirt.

Becky Blue
10-02-2017, 10:53 PM
After dressing in part for more than 25 years and not really looking in the mirror, I felt a strong need to see myself as a girl. Had a makeover and when I looked at myself in the mirror it was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I saw something in myself that I just knew was right and the feelings i had that moment were almost overwhelming. Such mixed emotions sorrow for what i had missed out on, elation for finally seeing something that I just knew was right. So hard to explain properly.

I was also quite surprised just how much like a woman I looked..

Alice_2014_B
10-03-2017, 07:47 AM
I was somewhat amazed.
:)

Morgan lace
10-03-2017, 08:37 PM
I was 15 the first time I saw Morgan.
My sister had just finished dressing up her dolly (me) and she decided to put my mothers wig on me.
Previously with my dark hair I used to look like our other sister, but with the blond wig I as transformed.

I honestly couldn't believe it was me. I was both elated and aroused.

I haven't seen that version of Morgan in along time. Both due to now preferring dark hair and gaining a lot of weight due to health issues.

Cdkym
10-04-2017, 02:21 AM
Super cute!

BillieJoEllen
10-04-2017, 02:39 PM
I thought right away that I drastically needed lots of help. I've greatly improved but guess what? I still need lots of help.

Alisonforme
10-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Seeing the girl in the mirror and the girl was me was profound to say the least. It felt like me. To be awakened to something so beautiful, was visceral, spiritual, and deeply emotional. I love that feeling! I've been "off" for a while, with summertime schedules and fashion, and I'm so looking forward to the cold season when Alison gets to play more!

Linda P.
10-05-2017, 07:52 AM
It was rather amazing! It was another person and yet at the same time it was the real me. A very happy day.

Robinkay
10-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Yes,this is a great topic
It was in the late 1980's, I went to a local mall at opening time walked in,I was a bundle of nerves
the lady was a little cold to me but I clearly remember when she pulled the wige over my head ! OMG I was so shocked
she said this the one you that's you !

Rachel Anne
10-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Back in college I was living alone. I was able to order some Merle Normal cosmetics and managed to get on a few catalog lists, and had put together a few outfits. I was about 145 lbs with a small frame, and everything I had ordered fit off the rack. I still remember I had a skirted suit, silk blouse with black hose and pumps. I didn't have a wig, but I grew my hair long leading up to the summer. I remember the day the makeup arrived. I finally had all the pieces...some mousse in the hair and experimented with the makeup, and up to the mirror...it blew me away.

Except for going outside, of which I was completely terrified, I lived as a woman for the summer full time in the house. If I only knew then....