PDA

View Full Version : Rural and Urban

Julie Avery
03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I live just outside a town of 2000 people. I don't go out en femme, I don't pass, but I've worked in this town with deliberately femmy traits like brows, nails, makeup, and I've been noticed. It really hasn't been a problem, in my case. I'm not talking about trying to pass en femme, I know nothing about that. What I am saying is that I'd guess it's no more dangerous for me to run around my town in nail polish, shaved legs, and plucked brows, than it is for anyone to go anywhere in New York City. I dunno.

Annaliese
03-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I live just outside a town of 2000 people. I don't go out en femme, I don't pass, but I've worked in this town with deliberately femmy traits like brows, nails, makeup, and I've been noticed. It really hasn't been a problem, in my case. I'm not talking about trying to pass en femme, I know nothing about that. What I am saying is that I'd guess it's no more dangerous for me to run around my town in nail polish, shaved legs, and plucked brows, than it is for anyone to go anywhere in New York City. I dunno.

Julie I live in a town of about 20,000 but I work at a universtiy of about 6,000 student and about 500 staff and faculty. I keep you nails long and ware make up some time and shave my arm. I have had my students comment on my long nails and how nice they look and I all ways say thank.
I feel the same way as you do. People are so busy that they just don't care there is the red neck around, that will make an occasionally remark but they are small mind people and they don't matter any way.

Anna

Rita Wiven
03-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi... You're are lucky. I also liv in a small town (NorWest). No way could I go out public in the most minimal c/d attire. But fortunately, I'm not really interested in appearing out in the public eye. Regardless, you are fortunate to follow your desire to be "Out" within your limitations.
Best Rita...

GypsyKaren
03-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi Julie

I'm kinda in the same boat with work. I'm pretty much out everywhere now but there, and I know that day is coming soon. I work in a steel mill, pretty tough audience there, and I do push it. I wear my nail polish with long nails, my femme bracelets, watch , and rings too. I also change clothes in the wash house everyday, and like I said before, I have no guy clothes. The jeans and shoes get by okay, but the tops push it a bit, and I do wear panties all the time too, and that's sure been noticed. They've been talking about me behind my back now for awhile, and the day's coming when someone will ask me what's what, and I'll tell them the whole story. Actually, I'm really looking forward to that, it will be the last wall crumbling down.

Karen

annekathleen
03-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I live in a very small town.....
My joke always was if I farted on one side of the town, the other side of town would know what I had for dinner last night.
There is a small city about 15 minutes away where I drive to on weeknights
( yes, after dark ) dressed in my female clothes, where I meet a few males who I've come to know, and play around a little bit. They love my panties!!

Julie Avery
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Course if I'm wrong I'm gonna turn up dead, but I think today with media being what it is, the difference between rural and urban is not what it used to be.

Julie Avery
03-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Hiya Karen. Being from Pittsburgh, I get the Steelworker thing. They're not into girlie men, so far as they let on and we know. I'll bet you'll be fine.

Jasmine Ellis
03-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi, Julie, I live in a smallist city in England, a lot of people knows me, I would say at least half of them. I have long nails, which some say they look nice but others say poofter.......I reply, Jealous, if you wouldn't bit your nails then you too could have nails like these.

denese013
03-11-2006, 04:26 AM
My town is so small,we don't have a town drunk,we take turns.Because everyone knows everyone,don't very often get out dressed.

Jenny Warren
03-11-2006, 04:51 AM
I live in a village of about 1000 occupants.

The neighbours see as much of Jenny as they do of my male persona.

Summers coming, and I'll be on the patio in my swimsuit getting a tan.

Jenny

AnnaMaria
03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
I would have to say that it all depends on the people that live in the town. For me I have noticed that not to many people notice that I shave my legs though I must admit that most of the time when I show my legs I am not around people that actually know me. I also have my nails polished most of the time as well though I normally wear clear polish just to be on the safe side. And as Karen said I have started recently to wear more womens clothes when I am dressed in drab simply because they are more comfortable and they feel more natural to me than equivelant male clothes. My wife does occasionally worry about someone noticing something so I am always careful to not wear anything to fem just in case because the town we live in is very backward and would not take to well to the idea of a girl like me living here. I would probably be run out of town if they found out.

But that said I have to agree that for the most part people today are so self absorbed that they just don't take the time to notice those around them as much as they use to. But then we live in the age of computers and supersonic jets where everything is done at the speed of computers and that is all that most want to think about.

anna

Denise01
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I too live in the country. The closest village is very small, about 1800 people if you count all the cats and dogs,.
I am not out locally. Have lived in the area most of my life, there fore know too many people. It is a very conservative area, with a lot of narrow minded people, who do not or will not understand an alternate lifestyle.
I now wear femme undergarments 24/7 and most of the outer clothing i now wear is femme, but uni-sex such as sweaters, slacks and even the odd ladies top or blouse that you would have to look real close at to tell if it were femme or not.
When I want to go out femme, I usually go to a town or city at least an hour away so i will have a lesser chance of bumping into any one I know.
This time of the year it is very cold here, so not good skirt wearing weather. 99% of the girls in the malls wear slacks or jeans so that is what I wear to fit in, and not be noticed. If I do see a skirt or suit i like, i have no hesitation in trying it on.
I did get the courage the other night, went out femme to a new ladies wear store that just opened up about 1/2 hour from me.. The sales girls were very good, and if hey realized I was TG she sure did not show it. I bought a new spring and fall jacket, skirt and top. It was great to have some one help put the colours to-gether for me, and with the right top, the skirt is slimming for me.
I guess I pass quite well. The other day, i :) went to a restaruant for dinner. While waiting for my order to be taken, one of the supervisors came along and said "Maam has your order been taken yet" She spoke in a normal voice so that any one in the immediate area could hear. It made me feel so good to be addressed as a Lady. None of the other customers in the restaurant even gave me a second glace to indicate that I may have been anything other than a GG.

DEnise:)

Jenny Warren
03-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I would probably be run out of town if they found out.

Does this really still happen?

We are living in the 21st Century.

Is America mentally a third world country?

:OMG:

Jenny

Gale R
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
@Jenny Warren, i think we're just lucky in the UK and Europe generally, if someone see's a CD out and about they're usually treated with mild amusement and at worst the odd catcall.
When you think about it the rest of the world see the UK as slightly eccentric anyway, thank god.:cool: :D

Hugs,Gale.

Julie Avery
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
@Jenny Warren, i think we're just lucky in the UK and Europe generally, if someone see's a CD out and about they're usually treated with mild amusement and at worst the odd catcall.
When you think about it the rest of the world see the UK as slightly eccentric anyway, thank god.:cool: :D

Hugs,Gale.

Interesting question, comparing tolerance between the two. I can't speak to that, having only spent two days in the UK, around 1974, dressed as a sailor, in Portsmouth, astonished that the people there spoke a foreign language ;) I was able to understand about one out of every 3 or 4 words people said.

JoAnnDallas
03-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Gale R.... said

When you think about it the rest of the world see the UK as slightly eccentric anyway, thank god.

If it wasn't for that, we would not have such great TV shows like "DR. WHO". LOL

VeronicaMoonlit
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Does this really still happen?[

We are living in the 21st Century.

Is America mentally a third world country?

:OMG:

Jenny

No, the people who are saying this are exaggerating the response out of their own fears. Understandable.

Veronica

Penny
03-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Julie, you know what I like about this thread? You are not trying to pass!
therefor you can't fail. I absolutely detest the word pass! How come we have adopted a word that has been given to us by those who feel we are trying to deceive them. Based on an earlier thread I wrote, I know most of
us are just trying to present our feminity to the extent of our choosing. Why
can't we say presentable instead of passable. You are presenting your femininty in a mannor of your choosing and stated it hasn't been a problem.
You, my dear, are the shinning example of what we all really hope to be and that is presentable. Those of us who do dress en femme and try to blend in
are just as presentable with a favorable image. Streetwalkers present themselves with a much different image. Luv your image &:luvu:

tamyracd
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
I live in the sticks of Arkansas and would never try to pass or do anything out of line not so much to me but for my kids..kids are so brutal and have enough on their plates...heck they still call dexter slip-ons fag-shoes here....so i guess were a few years behind here in the good ole south..

Rikkicn
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I live in San Francisco and life is easier here for tg's but I do go to lots of small towns when I go camping etc.
I'm always in femme mode in that I wear breasts forms, women clothing (shorts and tee's) sandals. My hair is always long and I clip it up in a twist or use a pastel scrunci.
If I'm in a family place there is never a problem. But, I never go any place where their are drunk men or groups of kids hanging out.
My wife says that as a woman she would never go to those place either.
I used to live in Portland, Maine and went out alone and followed those same rules and never had a problem.
That's all i know about this

Rikki

sparks
03-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Holy Cowpokes! Ah life is tough for us small town girls! My wife wouldn't le me where a bra in Calgary! Now we live in this small little town called Golden!
Yeah it's fantastic.
Excuse me June but Ward Cleaver here likes to wear dresses! Gawd I would be a meat sandwich I think if I dressed in anyway. MMM meat. Maybe I could relate more to the ski bums.
It does get really frightening to think of coming out. Actually I have because I brought bras and panties in every store that sells them. Suspicious behavour I think.
Grab your Crow huntin rifle Jed I think the skinny boy is wearin butt flausin' material.

Adnama
03-14-2006, 06:09 AM
It does get really frightening to think of coming out. Actually I have because I brought bras and panties in every store that sells them. Suspicious behavour I think.
Grab your Crow huntin rifle Jed I think the skinny boy is wearin butt flausin' material.

Hahahahaha :lol2:
Nice one Sparks

Amanda