PDA

View Full Version : Lose Weight for a Better Dress Size?

CD Tammy
10-03-2017, 01:14 PM
At 6’1”, I’m 234 pounds. When I see a dress that I want, it’s always too small. I’ve decided, I’m going to lose weight. Not for all the normal reasons but in order to be able to slip into a smooth, tight, sheath of a dress. Anyone ever had this feeling before? If only I could shrink my shoe size.

docrobbysherry
10-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Yes, Tammy. Actually, weight loss to improve fem figures is a common discussion matter here.

When I got serious about Sherry's figure I made gradual changes to my diet, drinking, and workouts. Went from 175 to 150 pounds in about 8 months. I'm about 5' 9". That was 9 years ago and I'm still at 150.

My exercize routine went from trenuous, workouts at the gym to an easy set of stretching, core work, and crunches every morning lying on my back. Muscle tone is NOT fem in my book!:battingeyelashes:

Elizabeth G
10-03-2017, 02:48 PM
I have certainly used my dressing and desire for better fitting clothes as a motivator to help keep my diet on track and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who does so.

Pat
10-03-2017, 02:57 PM
I did that. :) I went from 230+ to about 165 so I'd look "right" as me. Interestingly, I did lose about a shoe size and some width -- must have had fat feet.

cdtraveler
10-03-2017, 03:08 PM
yes as a matter of fact I am presently on that journey for the same reasons. 20 lbs down 30 to go. One definate positive of our desires for present well. Oh and if anyone comes up with a diet to shrink feet count me in! I'd pay big money for that info.😊

TheHiddenMe
10-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Include me in. Lost weight (225 to now about 179) to do better in races (marathon, half-marathon, sprint and intermediate triathlons) and to fit into smaller dresses (mostly 14's). Getting into smaller clothes was a big motivator.

NancySue
10-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Continually. For me, it’s a real challenge, but well worth the efforts, both dress wise and health wise. I’ve been up and down the scale, but have held steady the last few years. Good luck.

Lynn Sealy
10-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Had that thought this weekend.

PamelaRI
10-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Tammy,

I've probably lost 100lbs over the last two years. Primary reason was "My new doctor made me do it" and the accompanying health scare was the initial motivation. However, the side benefits have been very enjoyable and it is what keeps me going to the gym every week. I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12. And since I had to update my wardrobe, I've replaced all of my underwear with panties, tanks and camisoles. And I have a nice compliment of color neutral ladies active wear - still too conscious to go with the coral or similar bright top. I actually look decent in a pair of yoga pants and get away with wearing them all of the time. Now, if you figure out how to get my now size 13-13.5 (Non-wide) foot down to an 11 or less, I'll be forever in your debt.

So if that bodycon dress is calling your name, responsibly lose the weight to answer the call. Your body will thank you for it and I'm sure that the dress will look marvelous on you.

Sami Brown
10-03-2017, 05:11 PM
I have lost 50 pounds in the past 2 years and have 35 to go. My primary goal is to reach a healthy weight, but it wasn't enough to motivate me consistently. Looking better in a dress, however, does provide the motivation.

DIANEF
10-03-2017, 06:17 PM
If I didn't have to keep slim to fit my clothes I would certainly be considerably heavier than I am now. I love so many things that are bad for you and it is hard work having to say no to them.

alesha
10-03-2017, 06:54 PM
I am at the very upper limit of “normal weight” but my belly says otherwise. It’s the heaviest I’ve been in 10 years. I would be ok right in the middle of the normal weight range but I like to keep in the very low end to look good in dresses. My dress size doesn’t change much because of my male shoulders but I can wear size 4 jeans/skirts when I’m down to my ideal weight.

Janine cd
10-03-2017, 09:20 PM
I've gone from a size 18 dress to size 14 but my shoulders are broad and my chest is barreled, so my desire to wear a size 12 is out of the question.

sara66
10-04-2017, 06:15 AM
I have lost more than 30lb since I came out to my wife. I drive her nuts that I would lose weight so I fit in dresses better and not just because I need to. I would like to lose another 30lb, it is just going to take some time.
Sara :heehee:

Teri Ray
10-04-2017, 06:30 AM
I am also on the weight loss bandwagon. I do not measure my weight but I do monitor my belt fit and I am on the last hole before I need a smaller belt. Best wishes to all of you others who are this weight loss journey. Not easy but certainly worth the effort.

BrendaPDX
10-04-2017, 07:29 AM
Yes, been there, I an 5' 8" and was 186 and now 135, but I am still a 14-16 dress size:sad: It did help my blood pressure:) I have been loosing weight slow and steady for over a year now; my goal size 12. I am lucky, I wear a size 8 to 9 women's shoe, still big as far as women's shoes but not near the problems that some gurls have here. Take care, Brenda

Fiona123
10-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Just finished at gym. 5' 6" 174.4, used to be 235, so I got that going for me.

marsha leanne
10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
check me on this wagon as well. down 20 but over 70 yet to go, maybe more. slow but steady. joined a TOPS group, that helps a lot. (accountability)

CD Tammy
10-04-2017, 11:31 AM
I just look at all the outfits I could order...

Tahoegurl
10-04-2017, 11:45 AM
The smaller size is a perk from weight loss. Which is really a perk for getting healthy and trying to take care of myself. I want to be around for a while longer...and size 8 waist is OK with me.

Kayliedaskope
10-04-2017, 02:30 PM
I hate all you gurls with smaller feet - it's so damned difficult finding stores that carry 13's without having to go online.

Ah well ...... -hugs everyone-

HollyGreene
10-04-2017, 05:31 PM
I try to lose weight but find it really difficult. Strenuous exercise is out of the question due to a back injury, but I do what I can. Would love to shed about 40 pounds, but it's going to take some time. I have some clothes that I would love to get back into.
With size 9 feet I don't find it too difficult to find shoes by it would be a lot easier if they were 8 or smaller as a lot of womens shoes here in the UK seem to stop at 8.

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Hi Tammy:hugs:, I am at 6'0 & 210# and with three closets full I work to keep it there .>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Dusty815
10-04-2017, 05:51 PM
I am currently trying to lose weight too. I am down from 239 to 209 in 4 months and want to get to 185. I use clothes as motivation, do I want the cheeseburger or to fit in that dress. I was tired of my stomach sticking out farther than my forms. I seemed to have plateaued but am rededicating myself. I want see my before and after photos.

alwayshave
10-04-2017, 06:13 PM
I am down more than 25 pounds and expect to loose another 40. It's all about the dress.

Kayliedaskope
10-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Dusty, it depends on the cheeseburger. There's a couple of places here in town that do awesome bacon cheeseburgers. :p

Jillian Faith
10-05-2017, 05:48 AM
With the exception of the lucky few girls on this forum who have naturally slim figures I would say we are all in a continuous battle of the bulge. I'm 5'8" and at my highest was about 228# I got down to about 177# which helped dramatically in my femme presentation. I'm currently at about 205# working my way down to my goal weight of 180.

Stacy Darling
10-05-2017, 06:12 AM
At 6' & 170 my Doc is keeping my weight up for my health & my wife is trying to increase my fat levels!

Just don't try to take it too far! A healthy BMI & look is best! "As I am frequently reminded"

And wish for shrinking feet!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy!

Sheila11
10-05-2017, 06:19 AM
5' 9" 158 lbs
I dropped 54 lbs three years ago and have kept it off.
I told everyone it was for my health, but we all know its all about the dress.

JustJoni
10-05-2017, 09:01 AM
I didn't necessarily start losing weight for a better dress size, but it sure is a very nice side-effect!! So far I've lost 55 pounds, almost three men's pants sizes, and around four dress sizes (depending on who makes them). That's just past the halfway point on my goal (which was to lose 100 pounds).

Of course I found it difficult when discussing weight loss with my brother (who goes to the gym with me as often as not). I almost slipped up when discussing goals early on. He asked me what's was my final goal and I almost said 'a size 12 or 14', lol.

Joyce Swindell
10-05-2017, 11:54 AM
I find it hard to be motivated by wanting a smaller 👗 size. I think this is because I can rarely get out as Joyce. So the thoughts of a perticular dress slips out of my mind. I have tried leaving it out but that's when I'm​ not afraid someone might see it. I underdress frequently but I have to attend to business at hand and forget I'm underdressed.

I'm a mess...lol

I do agree with everyone that it is very motivating if I find that really really cute outfit....with a side order of health!

Rachel Anne
10-05-2017, 02:05 PM
I think it would depend on which measurement needs to be shrunk. I'm 5'8", and 175 lbs. It's my shoulder breadth that causes the most problems, and if it wasn't for that I'd be a size 8 no problem. As it stands, I need a top/dress size of 10-12 (depending on brand) for a comfortable, doesn't-look-too-tight, fit.

Even if I get down to 155, which is my goal (and whats considered "healthy" for my frame, BTW), I don't know how much it would help that dimension. I'm guessing, though, by reducing the other measurements, it allow me to selectively add back with padding to achieve the right balance. GMs are naturally muscular and have a certain bone structure, so while losing weight my reduce problem areas, it will probably will never eliminate it.

CONSUELO
10-05-2017, 06:36 PM
I didn't think I was too heavy but at nearly 6ft 2in I decided I needed to lose some weitght. I went on a 5/2 diet with a lower calorie intake on 2 days per week and I also gave up alcohol. Within a few months I had lost 16 lbs and I have kept it off by watching my diet and going to the gym where I maintain muscle tone but don't lift big weights I did find I could fit smaller dress sizes and my female clothes fit me better and I looked better.

Teresa
10-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Tammy,
My weight loss wasn't intentional, but when my old dog died I lost 28lbs in three months just walking my new dog at a faster pace, so I'm down to 147lbs at 5' 7" , I've just realised that was almost ten years ago ! It is great to be able to choose size 12 off the peg and it usually fits.

Talk about ironical but my wife keeps saying she wants me to put weight on ( no way Jose !) but she did have a shock when the grandsons nagged her to get on the scales and she weighed the same as me , that has never happened before !

NikiMichelle
10-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Yup, I dropped from 178 to 160 due mostly to look better en femme. I also feel way better too!

Morgan lace
10-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Hi. I NEED to lose around 100lb. I'm currently over 250.........
When I felt I was a good looking dresser I weighed 126lb. Wish I was that now:cry:

Kayliedaskope
10-06-2017, 05:59 PM
I feel your pain, Morgan ... at 240, I'm not turning too many heads except to say "Wtf?"

Jolene Robertson
10-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Great thread
Count me in, 5'10" from 219 to 165, dress size didn't change much as my chest is still what it is, but slacks & skirts from a 12 to an 8 sometimes a 6. Feels great and look a lot better too. My main motivation was to look more feminine and I love it. The health side is a good bonus too. Good luck it's all part of the journey.

Janine cd
10-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Over the years, I've gone from a size 18 dress to a size 14. This was only due to my desire to wear more beautiful feminine things.

Nikkilovesdresses
10-08-2017, 03:38 AM
It's a constant obsession with me, and oh how I wish I had smaller feet.

You can do it Tammy. Reduce or cut out chips, ice cream, fizzy drinks, alcohol, sugar in all forms and white flour; wean yourself off flavor enhancers and salt, learn to take a drink of water when you find yourself opening the fridge door.

Do all that and you can still enjoy a very satisfying range of foods. I guarantee you'll feel much better about yourself too, though in my case it's still a process, as I want to lose several more inches around my waist.

Ashleyrobyn831
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I have to answer this with both a yes and a no, and though that sounds like a copout it's really not. See, I have many times gone to extra effort, and sometimes to an extraordinary degree, to change the shape of a part of my body for the sake of how it goes in a favorite article of clothing. However (and please, nobody get mad at me cause I swear I'm not commissioning) since about six months after I finished my final growth spurt I always stay within about a 5-6 pound range weight-wise no matter what I may do that by rights ought to effect a gain or loss of weight. For example, a few years back I went on an almost obsessive workout program designed to narrow the side/oblique area of my waist while building muscle mass on the buttocks and hips. After about ten months I had the results I wanted visually, but when I stepped on the scale, it read one measly pound less than when I began. At 6'3", I can accept carrying anywhere from 176 to 181 pounds, but like anyone else, I too hear that little voice needling me about how 165 would be even better, but have come to the conclusion that so long as i can change the shape of body parts to suit my fancy, vi no longer care whether it also registers on the scale or not. 😃

jjjjohanne
10-11-2017, 05:28 AM
I successfully lost some weight recently. I realized that I had to run a mile on the treadmill to burn 100 calories. I stopped thinking exercise would do it. I cut my intake. I ate nothing but meals. I tried to eat only enough when I ate meals. I felt hungry every day. I grew used to it and felt like I had cheated on days when I did not feel hungry.

After about 15 pounds, I started cheating on the, "nothing but meals" rule when I was at home. I stopped losing weight. I might be losing one pound per month, but I am not gaining. I would like to lose about five more pounds. Several of my skirts that were becoming tight have started to hang loosely on me. I do not wear shape wear as much as I used to.

Good luck!