PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fem. cursive handwriting.

pattysue
10-24-2004, 10:45 PM
I have been looking for a site that will help with printing and handwriting with a more fem. look to it. My printing is very clean but still looks a little drab to me. :( I really would like it to have more of a feminine flow and look to it. Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks, Pattysue

babe4life
10-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Pattysue, did you come right with your quest?

This is a fascinating topic for me. We have these whiteboards at the office that we can scribble on while trying to explain concepts or brainstorming or whatever.

One of my female colleagues had a look and asked who last wrote on the board and I answered that it was me. The comment that she made struck me, in that she said she thought a female had written it due to the neatness and general style. I have never considered that handwriting could be feminine. But if you look at the various handwriting analysis books and websites, it is supposed to reflect who you are at your very core.

Interesting stuff.

Love,
Vicky

Jen_TGCD
10-25-2004, 01:21 AM
That's what I was going to suggest... handwriting analysis sites.

Other than that, I try to make my writing more open and round and write with a light hand. Also, use colored inks... definitely a feminine touch. I use a lavender, felt tip pen. You almost have to write more delicately with a felt tip.

windycissy
10-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Try writing backhanded! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

pattysue
10-25-2004, 05:02 PM
I have been using jell pins. They come in all kinds of great colors. And with the way they flow it just makes writing so much easier and neater.

Lorelei
10-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I have been looking for a site that will help with printing and handwriting with a more fem. look to it. My printing is very clean but still looks a little drab to me. :( I really would like it to have more of a feminine flow and look to it. Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks, Pattysue

If you want truly beautiful, elegant handwriting, teach yourself Spencerian penmanship. It died out in the last century (it was taught in the Boston public schools thru the mid 1950s) but is experiencing a renaissance. You can obtain a complete set of materials (theory book and the four copybooks) for about $15.00 US from various web sites.

One important suggestion: learn to write from the wrist, not the fingers.

Lorelei

Lorelei
10-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Try writing backhanded! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body,
only left-handed persons are in their right mind. :p