PDA

View Full Version : Anticipation

NancySue
10-04-2017, 09:12 AM
When I “need” something, I will shop, but there are times I order on line. Shipping information is usually 3 to 5 days. When I check the mailbox each day, I feel a rush of excitement, “has it arrived?” When I open the mailbox and it’s not there, I momentarily am disappointed. Every day I walk to the mail box, I get that “tingle” of “is it there?” When the package(s) do arrive, I can’t wait to open them and, of course, have to try things on. Over the years of ordering on line, I’ve only had to send one thing back...postage paid. Curious, have any of you experienced the wisp of pink fog going out to the mailbox?

Elizabeth G
10-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Absolutely! I'm currently waiting for my new womens eyeglasses to come in and I think I've been looking at the shipping status about five times a day :lol:

Jaylyn
10-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Yep I get a bunch, especially when I order something and don't want my wife to know I bought it. I feel anxious that she'll check the mail before me and find I bought another fishing reel or another set of heels. She already thinks I don't need any more of either.

Joni T
10-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Nope.
Jon

Leah Love
10-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Yep! I’m actually waiting on my new boobs! They should be here tomorrow...I’ve checked the porch everyday this week!

Micki_Finn
10-04-2017, 09:54 AM
With modern tracking technology I usually know exactly when the package is going to arrive before it does.

Leah Love
10-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Ugh..the amazon tracker says they’ll be here between oct 19th and nov 2nd.
But I got an emaill from the manufacturer Monday saying they’ll be here Thursday.

LydiaL
10-04-2017, 10:04 AM
What really irks me is when a package ships across the country by one of the large shipping companies (trackable) then is sent to the US postal service for final delivery by mail. Can count on that to delay receipt by a day or two. Grrr.

NicoleScott
10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
I picked up a package at the post office knowing what's inside. Half way home I had to pull over to the side of the road so I could open it. Just couldn't wait. The anticipation after ordering was bad enough, but having it in the car and not laying eyes on it was overwhelming.

aprilgirl
10-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Anticipation? Back in the 80's, I used to order from catalogs like Penny's or Spiegel's, tearing out and mailing in the order form, which was filled out with the most feminine style of handwriting I could muster:) As I recall, it would take 2-3 weeks to receive, and whenever the huge box would arrive, it was like Christmas morning.

Just this week, I ordered some clip-on earring converters through Amazon, and it was on my doorstep the next day. My, how things have changed. Kim

NicoleScott
10-04-2017, 10:22 AM
I feel anxious that she'll check the mail before me and find I bought another fishing reel or another set of heels. She already thinks I don't need any more of either.

But we know better. I'm thinking about (fantasizing) a fishing club for CDers where we fish by day and dress up evenings. Can't tell the missus the name of the club is "Reels and Heels". In case she ever visits the clubhouse, have a ready answer for "why are there so many mirrors?".

Stephanie47
10-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Everything I buy on-line arrives with a tracking number on it. There are helpful so UPS packages do not sit too long at my door, subject to theft. USPS deliveries go to a secure mailbox. The vast majority of my women's clothing is shipped by USPS which I prefer over UPS. The big anticipation is waiting to try on what has been delivered. In a DADT marriage that opportunity sometimes has to wait too long.

alesha
10-04-2017, 11:25 AM
I love shopping on amazon because when I order something, I know it’ll get here in two days but they don’t necessarily have everything that I like. Zappos is good too. All the other places (Macy’s, Gap, Forever 21, etc.) are a crapshoot in terms of timing unless I pay extra for 2-day shipping. Funny thing. The UPS guy is the same guy that delivers to my office and to my house so he just drops packages off at my office. Awkward at times because the receptionist knows who the package is from.

What really irks me is when a package ships across the country by one of the large shipping companies (trackable) then is sent to the US postal service for final delivery by mail. Can count on that to delay receipt by a day or two. Grrr.
I hate that! You see that it’s at your local facility. You think you’re getting it that evening, then you see that it’s at the post office. UPS is good though because they pass by house from their facility to the local post office so they’ll usually deliver to my house.

But we know better. I'm thinking about (fantasizing) a fishing club for CDers where we fish by day and dress up evenings. Can't tell the missus the name of the club is "Reels and Heels". In case she ever visits the clubhouse, have a ready answer for "why are there so many mirrors?".
I’m a casual fisher person but this is a club I would love to be a part of.

Teresa
10-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Nancy,
I still prefer to shop in reality, at least you can try things on and have some fun with the SAs.

Often I've bought shoes and worn them to drive home .

sara66
10-04-2017, 01:03 PM
I am with Teresa. In person is best I like to see and touch what I am buying. if I need to try things on. As a bonus interact with the SA.
Sara

Jenny22
10-04-2017, 01:12 PM
If you ever order from www.wish.com , You will wait long hours before it's shipped. But, I love browsing there.

Kayliedaskope
10-04-2017, 02:22 PM

-falls over laughing- SIGN ME UP !!!!!

Don't forget to support the lesbians who ride motorcycles, either - "Dykes on Bikes" (yes, this is a real thing!)

LeannS
10-04-2017, 02:37 PM
In checking the things I have ordered one is a lap top battery that is sitting in Salt lake city while my 2 cartagans are in transit and was shipping out of the same terminal it appears. And yes I get really excited about my orders even the side rails for my truck will be in by friday. Jumping up and down with anticipation.

Jaylyn you can never have to many reels and heels its like having to many hooks not happy with just a few you know different sizes and all lol

Fish on

Leann

Tracii G
10-04-2017, 02:40 PM
I ordered my Dress Tach pads online and my breast forms but I never got worked up over waiting thaere were too many other things to worry about.
They arrive when they arrive is the way I look at it.
Never ordered clothes online I would rather try the items on first.

Lana Mae
10-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Nicole, I like to drown worms! Sign me up for Reels and Heels! LOL I have never sent anything back and bought most, not all clothes, on line! Waiting takes forever even if it is only 3-5 days(usually longer!). Anticipation is making me wait! Hugs Lana Mae

2B Natasha
10-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Wisp of pink fog? Yes and no. Really the only thing I order online anymore, for the woman side of me is from Stitch fix. Do I get excited when it arrives. Sure. From the time they send the email saying it’s time. Here’s the catch. We send everything we order to my wife’s work. Including stitch fix. Which by the way we both use. So I REALLY know when it’s coming to me as the wife calls and says. Your package arrived today. That is always a fun phone call. Expensive but fun.

Needless to say, but I’ll say it anyways. The wife knows. We are differently NOT in a DADT situation.

HollyGreene
10-04-2017, 05:20 PM
I buy most of my underwear in stores, but I do order a lot of other clothes and shoes online. I tend to choose "Click and Collect" options offered by some vendors on eBay. They get delivered to a local store and you get an eBay message or text message when it's ready to collect. In fact I have some shoes to collect tomorrow.
So there's less anticipation because I know when it's been delivered.
I imagine after collecting my shoes tomorrow I'll have tried them on before I get home, though!

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Hi Nancy Sue:hugs:, I need instant gratification, That why I am hands on in the brick & mortar stores .>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Jillian Faith
10-05-2017, 06:00 AM
My wife and I do a mixture of in store and online shopping. The arrival of our online purchases are met with the same anticipation as a 5 year old waiting on Christmas to arrive. Can a GG experience pink fog at the mailbox?

BrendaPDX
10-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Yes! I hate waiting, but I do get excited/nervous looking in the mailbox or at the front door.

colourmannn
10-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Anticipation for me takes on a different meaning. As a closet cd, ordering on-line is similar to a strategic military exercise. The whole process of ordering, payment, and pickup is planned to get in and out without any detection. Love the rush when a plan comes together and executed to perfection LOL!

Beverley Sims
10-15-2017, 03:07 PM
I like to feel the width and the cut of the cloth.

Online buying is not for me.

Bought three wigs on line and they are all disappointing.

Much more fun getting dressed and finding a friendly salon to fit one for me.

sometimes_miss
10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Everything I order goes to a UPS mailbox. They're open early and late, take good care of my packages, and never any questions. Modern package tracking is terrific, and yes, sometimes I check in several times a day if I've ordered something special, like a new cheerleading uniform.

michelleg
10-18-2017, 04:57 PM
I've ordered several things online, string bikini, lots of lingerie and a couple of wigs. Love amazon's 2 day shipping, I think the next step for me is to purchase items in a store, my SO has purchased somethings for me and they where great.

CrossKimmy
10-18-2017, 05:40 PM
I know the feeling all too well. I've ordered big packages from Victoria's Secret and couldn't stop checking the shipping information on FedEx! I was like "is it here is it here??"

I recently placed orders for a ton of items (forms, shoes, dresses, underwear) and they were all scheduled to arrive around the same time frame to avoid people I live with seeing them. I was to have the house to myself but my aunt and uncle had to have their house fumagated that same weekend and decided to stay over that weekend!! What was a girl to do? My pretty things were already shipped! I had to run errands and when I got home, there was a stack of boxes as tall as me waiting for me inside! Luckily the boxes were discreetly marked but one of them had Kimberly on the address! Omg!!!!