PDA

View Full Version : A GG wearing something you own

Helen_Highwater
10-06-2017, 09:11 AM
I was out in the city the other day (in drab) and my route took me through the station concourse. Crossing my path was a 20 something GG in flats an shirt and a jacket. Nothing remarkable until I noticed the skirt she was wearing is one I to own. At the time it did bring a smile to my face and the thought that I hope it looks as good on me as it did her.

It was only some time later the thought entered my head as to what would have gone through her mind if I'd been out enfemme and wearing the same skirt as we passed by.

SherriePall
10-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Haven't quite had that experience although one time while I was en drab I noticed a GG with her hair styled like I wore mine when out and about. Held back from approaching her and checking out her hair more closely.

~Joanne~
10-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Only once, I stopped at a store to get something to drink and the SA behind the counter ringing me up had a tank top on that I owned. I had to do a double take but it sure did look better on her than it ever did on me.

Jaylyn
10-06-2017, 10:59 AM
We'll I can it has happened to me a lot.... Lol my wife and can wear the same blushes and tops. ( Grrrr she is always borrowing my "t" shirts and even wears sometimes my favorite T to bed to sleep in". She's a GG and when she wears a top that I just had on which is hers in the first place out in public I can think I might have looked better in it but I'm smart enough to know not to say that... I'm sitting here typing this in one of her long comfy dresses as I type this that she bought on a cruise in the Belize.

Beverley Sims
10-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Black and white striped tops are popular at the moment and I have seen many other sets of boobs in my top, we have met eye to eye on a few occasions and I have wondered what others thought of me. Yes, we do smile at each other as we pass. :-)

carhill2mn
10-06-2017, 11:26 AM
One day at choir practice a good friend of mine was wearing the same over-blouse and tank top that I have. I did not tell her that, though!

aprilgirl
10-06-2017, 11:36 AM
It happened once to me in the wild, maybe 30 years ago when I saw a girl at a convention I was working in a dress I had purchased from JCP. It was a very 80's, stark geometric print in black and white, and yeah, she looked so much better in it than I. Kim

CD Tammy
10-06-2017, 12:41 PM
With me it was a pair of shoes. And to be honest, my legs looked better in them.

ClosetED
10-06-2017, 12:52 PM
My wife and I went to a Dance weekend in the Catskills a few weeks ago. That had ballroom dancing and suggested formal attire, so she borrowed my black lace mermaid dress I have posted pictures of me in. She also wore the Coral Venus dress I also wore and posted (hand me down from her sister). When she got several compliments on my dress, I had to smile and was tempted to thank them. An instructor asked where to get that coral Venus dress with the high slit.
Hugs, Ellen

Jean 103
10-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Wednesday night at karaoke, a close friend of mine and I are talking, briefly we talked about what this like twenty something (another friend of mine) was wearing. I told him I have the same leopard print skirt, and that I almost wore my new leopard print tights. I told Minster K that I would wear the skirt next week, but I'll be wearing larger fish nets and heels.

valerie anne
10-06-2017, 02:07 PM
I recently had occasion to help shift something into a neighbour's bedroom, and hanging from the radiator was exactly the same bra as I was wearing.

A nude tee shirt balconette bra with a pretty lacy band, but I think her cup size was larger.

Zoeytgtx
10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Maybe a little off the discussion, but it was fun when a GG saw me in a dress in a fitting room at Macy's. I was standing in front of the large three way mirrors and was told how cute I looked in it and where did I find it. She wanted to try one on!

BLUE ORCHID
10-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Hi Hellen:hugs:, Just about all of my shoes come from payless and clothes from JC Penney,

I often see ladies wearing the same things like I have, I just smile .>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

DIANEF
10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
I've not seen exact copies of what I wear but I have seen some styles and looks that are pretty close to my own. When you see a GG who's look is like your own it does give you a feeling that you are doing something right when it comes to dressing.

mackemlass
10-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Happened twice to me, once with a top, the other a pair of jeans.

Robertacd
10-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I have seen more than one GG wearing something I also own. Most of the time they look better than I do in it.

Long time ago I passed a group of GG's walking on a trail. I was dressed exactly the same as one of them. Nothing too fancy, woman's denim shorts, black tank top, with black bra straps showing and casual shoes.

I passed them from behind, so I am pretty sure that they saw what I was wearing, but nothing was said about it that I could hear.

Meghan4now
10-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Helen,

I have seen my boots out there more than once, and I think one or two tops, but that's what you get for shopping common retail.

In one really stupid pink fog moment last year, I was talking to this female coworker. She showed me pictures of her and her friends from Halloween. Well her friend had the EXACT same corset as me, and I let that slip. And she said "Really? I'd like to see that!" So I showed her a pic of Pirate Meg. I know she hasn't forgotten, cause she winked at me last week, asking about Halloween plans.

Fortunately, she's very cool, and I think that was safe. But the lesson here should be BITE YOUR TOUNGE!

Bobbi46
10-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Meghan,
I wouldn't bight my tongue, as I progress further I am getting more positive in being up front with myself, so many people know about me a few more gives me no worries at all.

Tahoegurl
10-06-2017, 03:26 PM
My only experience was the my wife and I spotted a gal wearing a top we had been looking at online...we both agreed that we would pass on the purchase after viewing it on our unsuspecting model.

Kayliedaskope
10-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Okay, Meghan ... you brought it up. NOW we wanna see Pirate Meg!

Jen60
10-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Last year, I bought a dress online from Amazon, and the very next day, I noticed a coworker had on the same dress! Undoubtedly, it looked much better on her than on this old body!

Meghan4now
10-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Okay, Meghan ... you brought it up. NOW we wanna see Pirate Meg!
Well you can always click on Find Started Threads, on someone's profile, and look for the ones with paper clips, (stalking? Maybe, but I'll forgive you ;) ). Or click on this link
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?244569-Tale-of-Two-Pirates&highlight=

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Jessica May
10-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Happens to me way too often. I work with a group of designers, and I tend to see a few things I have bought including shoes lol. I would love to compliment them and talk with them about their style but I'm not sure there is a good way to do it. Once I kind of slipped but recovered. I saw a girl at work with the same boots I have and said without thinking "I bought those same boots ... for my wife." Not sure there is a good way to compliment women on their clothes as a guy without seeming weird. Maybe I am just to much into my own head.

All the best,
Jess

Cherylgyno
10-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Only once, many years ago. A lesbian friend was doing a marriage ceremony with her SO. MY Friend was invited with a plus one. She asked what I was going to wear. I showed her. At the reception she was wearing the same dress. We had a good laugh. That was the only time.

rachel_rachel
10-06-2017, 11:08 PM
I lent a pair of shoes to a friend of mine for a work Christmas party, she thought they were my wife's, I eventually came clean and told her were mine! They looked great on her too, did plenty of walking later that night and she didn't complain that her feet were sore.

sometimes_miss
10-07-2017, 01:35 AM
I grew up with this type of thing as a frequent experience. When I was a kid, someone was dressing me in his younger sister's clothing. So when I saw her wearing what I once had been wearing, and again did, it did feel sort of weird. I remember looking at myself in a mirror, trying to pose the way she did, use an expression that I'd seen her use, or duplicate the mannerisms I'd remembered her doing when I saw her wearing that particular outfit. It was the old, 'I want her, but I also want to be her' feeling.

ellbee
10-07-2017, 02:52 AM
It was only some time later the thought entered my head as to what would have gone through her mind if I'd been out enfemme and wearing the same skirt as we passed by.

Speaking from personal experience, it's a surreal yet funny moment! :D

Happened to me late last year -- twice in the span of a month...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?244765-Twins!

Granted, each time was just a common/generic-looking outfit, and I don't know if they were the same exact brands. But close enough.

Totally would have loved to have seen that from a 3rd-party perspective, LOL. The guy behind me in line at Chipotle *had* to have noticed! :heehee:

daphne g
10-07-2017, 05:02 AM
i saw 3 ladies in the exact same shoes i own the other day ,I've had mine for about 4 years ,they are court shoes for older ladies
and sometimes i see my nieces girlfriend in the same clothes ,we are both bigger girls and we have the same makeup tastes like mäc
i think she suspects a little bit about me

Teresa
10-07-2017, 05:39 AM
Helen ,
I've had it happen with the chiffon style scarves more than once .

I was showing my daughter some of my things and she did a WOW when she realised she had a similar skirt to mine , a nice white floaty summer one , maybe we will be out together some time in the future . She also love some of my shoes and was envious of the heels I can wear .

Lucy23
10-07-2017, 08:17 AM
The very first time I saw a girl wearing something I have was several months ago. The funny thing was that not only she had the same dress, she had the same tights, the same ankle boots AND the same bolero cardigan! I was like "no way!"

Aside from this, during the last few months I saw girls with the same skirt, the same dress, and ballet flats I have.

deebra
10-07-2017, 08:32 AM
I know you can't see this but when you pass a woman in the mall do you ever wonder what kind of panties she is wearing and could they be the same as yours. Does her outer clothing and age make you guess what type of undies she is wearing? When wearing girl jeans and panties do you ever wonder if a woman you pass is wearing the same panties and jeans you are. What would she think if she knew you were wearing the same, probably how good you looked and how nice the clothes fit. No big deal to a lot of women especially 20s and 30s.

terza
10-07-2017, 09:00 AM
i'd used to share my garter belts and vintage and cervin stockings w/ my ex-wife who loves high end lingerie, and an ex-girlfriend before then.

melissalynn
10-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Once. I saw a woman with a different body type than mine wearing a dress that I own. While she carried it off differently from they way I would, she carried it off very well.

I thought I saw a woman on the train with the same top I own -- but when I got home to check it was close but not the same

I wouldn't necessarily notice if a woman had the same jeans or shoes I have (an awful lot of common things out there). Tops dresses and skirts are different in that regard. I won't even begin to speculate why.:confused2:

Gretchen_To_Be
10-07-2017, 10:49 AM
I have seen 3 GG businesswomen with this exact shoe. I think it's because the heel is pretty comfortable, the ankle strap gives it stability, and the heel height is the right blend of sexy and professional.

Molly Wells
10-07-2017, 11:07 AM
My wife's sister came to our house one Christmas and the top she was wearing was exactly like one I had. She is attractive and it looked really nice on her. I need to trim down a bit for it took look as nice on me. Gotta work on the belly...
Molly

CarlaWestin
10-07-2017, 11:21 AM
I've seen parts of my wardrobe out in the wild several times. The one I remember the most was when I saw a young lady wearing a skirt, shoes and fishnet pantyhose identical to what I had. She looked fantastic.
When I tried the same look at home later, it looked gastly.
Go figure.

Stephanie47
10-07-2017, 02:51 PM
My wife and I have the same exact Croft Barrow dress, same color, same size, although she does not know it.

NancySue
10-08-2017, 10:04 AM
I, often see other women wearing something I have, especially shoes. I buy most of my flats and heels from Payless. So do others. I can’t help but smile. Some have returned my smile. I’m sure they don’t know why I’m smiling. Likewise, many times, I’ll see something I like, come home and try to find it. It’s all fun.

Joan58
10-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Once while eating out with my wife,A group of women came in,one of which was morbidly obese.Just happened that she was wearing a jersey style T shirt identical to one that I have.It looked really bad on her,kind of clingy material that shows every bump and roll.

Have not worn mine since then.

lingerieLiz
10-08-2017, 11:17 PM
It can be interesting when you have some thing on and a woman says I have that. Even more when I had on a pair of pants and a girl sat down across from me and realized we both were wearing the same pants. She announced "we have on the same pants". Luckily our tops were different. Had a woman at an event announce we are wearing the same clothes. Actually we were both wearing jeans and a man's oxford. If she had rubbed my back we might have compared bras too. Had on a black silk blouse at a party when a gal came up and checked it out. She had the same blouse on. She said, great blouse don't you think. I wear women's clothes but rarely go full fem. People know I CD. Women recognize it, but guys not so much.

Morgan lace
10-09-2017, 01:36 AM
I ordered a skater dress off Amazon the other week. When it arrived, I opened the parcel, took one look and was telling my wife that they had sent the wrong size. Way too small.

At that point my 21 year old daughter walked in to the room, ( she isn't aware I dress, I don't think).
She started to complain to me for constantly saying her clothes are too small. Yanked the dress out of my hands and stormed off.

I looked at the parcel again and it was addressed to her.

Suffice to say, when mine showed up, I sent it back. At the moment I cant imagine wearing the same as her.

Kayliedaskope
10-09-2017, 04:26 AM
I have seen 3 GG businesswomen with this exact shoe. I think it's because the heel is pretty comfortable, the ankle strap gives it stability, and the heel height is the right blend of sexy and professional.

Wow, those are sexy, Gretchen. What brand are they?

Sandra_Dodds
10-09-2017, 04:56 AM
At the moment I cant imagine wearing the same as her.

My daughter came home one day with the exact same embossed skirt that I have (but in smaller size) and it makes me chuckle knowing that we have the same taste.

I've also spotted someone wearing the same pair of shoes, which gave me a thrill.

Rebecca60
10-09-2017, 07:20 AM
With out her knowing my SO will be wearing one of my dresses or a top.. She can rock it better then me..

- - - Updated - - -

With out her knowing my SO will be wearing one of my dresses or a top.. She can rock it better then me..

Erica Skifishski
10-09-2017, 07:34 AM
I got two tops from Ross DFL and neither fit all that well as they were too small. One was really right for me, just the wrong size. Gave them both to my wife and she likes them. I love seeing her wearing them even though they are simple everyday items.

I'm gonna see my payless ballet flats BUT I cut the little charm off so its just a black bow.

A bit of topic but I've seen many GGs around town with the same nail polish color; got a deeeeeep purple for the fall and seen that around. Had a darker teal and saw that around.

Wow, those are sexy, Gretchen. What brand are they?

I must agree!! Do tell!!

Maureen
10-09-2017, 01:31 PM
My boss wore a sweater and pair of pants that I had just bought at Lane Bryant, although her sweater was black and mine was pink. She was sitting at her desk drinking coffee and I accidently blurted out "Wow, I have the same... coffee mug." She looked at me oddly and replied "So?" I then asked her the question I came in to ask and left. Almost outed myself to a woman that hated me.

Traci H
10-09-2017, 04:07 PM
A few years ago, a female coworker had the same pair of high heeled sandals that I also had. They were inexpensive shoes from Payless and they looked very good on her. Every time she wore them I thought of saying I had the same pair. Would have been career limiting I suspect so I never said a thing.

susan54
10-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I frequently see women in skirts I own and occasionally in dresses. My sister has bought skirts from Marks and Spencer that I have also bought and my mother has bought the same cardigans and a scarf. One time a female friend was hosting a dinner part and one of the guests turned up in a skirt from Laura Ashley that I also own. I occasionally see TV presenters wearing a dress I also own. A colleague I occasionally lunch with has a bright green dress I also has and she looks WAY better in it with her curves. If you wear anything from Marks and Spencer in the UK sooner or later you will encounter someone else wearing it.

lingerieLiz
10-10-2017, 10:27 PM
One day at work we were reorganizing some work spaces. One of the young girls had a sheer blouse with a very pretty camisole just the same color and make as one I had. She was very pretty and I enjoyed watching her work.

Underdressed
10-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Waiting at the airport on my way home, and there in the line ahead of me was a young lady wearing my highest heels. I only wear heels at home so it was great to see another pair out in the wild.283117283118

Majella St Gerard
10-14-2017, 10:55 AM
At work one day a woman came in and was wearing a top that I own and I almost said I have the same shirt.

Janine cd
10-14-2017, 10:05 PM
I was crossing the street in downtown Chicago last January when I spied a lady wearing the same skirt that I had recently bought. I'm sure that it looked a lot prettier on her than it looked on me, but the similarity was astounding.