PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if I am alone in my thinking

JudyCDTV
03-10-2006, 09:58 PM
This is my question and it applies to only the single CD/TVs out there.
I was wondering if crossdressing for just for sexual pleasure is a substitute for not having a girlfriend. This thought has come across my mind and I was wondering if it is the reason for my habit. :rolleyes:

susancheerleader
03-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Great question.

I think for me, it is just that. I don't want to get into why but I think your post is dead on for my reasons.

ReginaK
03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
It is for me. Not a really a sexual thing though. More of an attention thing. I like to make myself into the type of woman i'd like. Basically, if I can't find a good woman, i'll make my own.

It kinda touches on Freud's Theory of Sexual Inversion.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cathytg/inv.htm

Yes I am
03-11-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't like dressing alone exactly for this reason, I don't want to let my dressing be a substitute for human companionship. This was a big factor in my finally deciding to come out(to at least a few people.)

Billijo49504
03-11-2006, 01:05 AM
How do you explain the rest of us??? Those of us that have a SO. We just have a want to dress fem. It isn't a attention thing, it's just a need to dress. I don't care if the wife is here or not, when I got a need to dress, it has to happen. Tonight I got home from work, took a shower, and the the bra and panties were on, the a pair of slacks and blouse. Then the makeup and a wig. Even if it's only for a few hours, before bed time. It's just something I need...BJ

Jennaie
03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Well, I don't really think that the lack of an SO is the reason I dress. Honestly, I think it's the freedom I have to do what I want when I do not have an SO that leads to the dressing. I do think that the dressing may play a role in me not getting out there and looking hard for a SO. Perhaps I don't want to let go of the freedom that I enjoy.

I wish I could meet a woman that could tolerate my dressing. Maybe even enjoy it with me. As you can see from the number of GG's in this forum, that will probably never happen. :sad:

Yes I am
03-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Do whatever you feel like doing. But for me personally, I discovered the guilt I felt about my dressing stemmed mainly from the secrecy that surrounded it. Dressing up alone is nice, I'm not saying that there's anything absolutely wrong about it. I'll still get dressed up a bit by my lonesome. But after finally tearing down that wall of deception, dressing up alone just doesn't do it for me like it used to.

Alexandria
03-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Hmm, personally I don't think it's due to a lack of an SO.

Sure, I love to give fashion tips and advice to my GG friends...even go shopping with them or share clothing. If anything I think CD has improved my life in many aspects by keeping me in touch with my feminine side.

The reason I don't have an SO is because I am quite satisfied and content with my current friendships :).

Liberty
03-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Though I really don't think I crossdress for sexual pleasure it is more because I have always been naturally drawn towards feminine clothes and I feel awkward or disenchanted with the clothes that are available for me. I also like the freedom that comes with saying the heck with what I wear, anything goes! (always lookin' good), I am currently too preoccupied with everything to even dwell on loneliness like when I was younger. I am still young but I've been beautifully married twice already and have been raising a son, so I am not aggressive when it comes to meeting someone intimate these days, but I do have lots of friends and a really cool lifestyle. I think my dressing and sexual involvement are unrelated activities. There are a few GG's that have taken a special interest in my choice of fashion and let me know it, (that's always encouraging) but until I meet someone that I really like and a relationship is possible, being celibate is no big deal.

Cathy Anderson
03-11-2006, 03:08 AM
I think there's some association, but the nature of the relationship between these things isn't obvious.

A guess is that if you are at a stage in your life where CDing interests you, then having a GF won't really solve anything. What might happen instead is that you'd project a lot of your own "inner female" onto the partner. Then, to the extent that she doesn't live up to your projections, there would be disappointment and difficulty.

I think I also don't believe that CDing is ever "just a sexual thing."

Cathy

sparks
03-11-2006, 05:19 AM
I love have you around Cath. Always giving some sound psychological opinion. It at leasts sounds great to me.
Yeah when I was pimply teen I believe I was trying actually I know I was trying to make myself into a girl I would like to have. Only our comicbook collections were way to simular. GOT IT GOT IT, no need its.
That of course was the whole problem with it. kinda like an invisible friend but darn it that kid isn't even playing with the toys. U are still with U.
Now this maybe the stem or start for the dressingthing with me but it flourished on it's own. Often still sexual and UN(fortunally) still playing with my self(get it) HAH!
Seriously though. I had lots of girlfriends and even when I met and married my soulmate. I still dressed.
I don't know how or if I could cut the apron strings or garter straps with dressing. I've tried especially married to a great girl. I've purged the clothing like most other girls but fortunally I could buy more.

I hope this helps your train of thought

Teresa Amina
03-11-2006, 07:24 AM
No, not a substitute SO, but an undeniable part of myself. My late wife warned me off early in our relationship from dressing, and of course I kept at it, just discretely. She was in all other ways my Soulmate but this part of me she found "uncomfortable". Perhaps now I'm more enthusiastic about this personal expression. But don't we all sacrifice for love?

Sharon B.
03-11-2006, 08:11 AM
I do enjoy having a companion, but finding the right person to enjoy crossdressing with is hard to do here the Midwest(Kentucky).
The only good thing I can say is I don't have to hide it, keep my body hairless, makeup out, scented body wash and bubble bath near the tub. Dress as I like, keep nail polish on my toenails and come and go as I please.
But I do need to have people around me or to talk with.
Still somewhat in the closet although have gone out for drives as a woman and have been seen by one of my neighbors as a woman going out for a drive.
Haven't given on women yet, still think there is one out there who could handle a male dressing as a woman from time to time.

Penny
03-11-2006, 08:40 AM
I was wondering if crossdressing for just for sexual pleasure is a substitute for not having a girlfriend. This thought has come across my mind and I was wondering if it is the reason for my habit. :rolleyes:
Habit is I beleive a strong word with definite negitive conatations. Habit
is something subconciously required through repeated actions. I feel that
crossdressing is a concious way of expressing our inner self. One of the results of crossdressing is a feeling of being in control. One's need to express oneself in this way varries to one extent or an other through life and
is not dependant upon or independant of a relationship. Somethimes, who
we see in the mirror is self pleasing that it can actully turn us on. I sense
that you are feeling for a moment of pleasure but you should not. The fact that I was born slightly different than most doesn't preclude my right to be happy and live the way I want to, or need to live it as opposed to how others think I should. So, instead of thinking of crossdressing as a bad habit,
I choose to think of it as unusual behavior. Aren't all humans born differently in some way ?

Sonia_cd
03-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Interesting thought Judy!!

I have to admit there has been many an occassion when the very thought you put forward has crossed my mind. Introspection led me to further thinking that; (a) the absence of a girlfriend fuels my crossdressing, (b) my dressing fits an image of my ideal woman's appearance [in my head], (c) if I have a girlfriend, she would have to fit that image, (d) it is likely that no woman would every fit that image that I have, (e) therefore I might remain single for a very long time, (f) therefore, I dress to give life and form to that image doing the rounds in my head.
Sounds a little convoluted, but makes perfect sense in the deep corners of my head.

Hugs,
Sonia

Sonia_cd
03-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Simple yet profound yet tongue in cheek!!! You're the best Julie. Don't ever change :D

Hugs,
Sonia

Melinda G
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
What Sonia and Julie said.:cheeky:

TGMarla
03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
There's a lot of truth in what Julie says. And Penny, if you don't think it's a habit, try going without for a while.

Crossdressing for sexual pleasure does not take the place of a SO any more than any other kind of masurbation. You just happen to be wearing feminine clothing while you do it. If you find yourself with someone for any long length of time, you'll wind up dressing anyway, no matter how good the sex is.

SexxxyBrianna
03-11-2006, 01:38 PM

I dress for both the sexual side of it and the "need" or "love" to dress. I like the feelings it gives me to be in sexy clothes, sexy heels, and sexy hair. The "rush" or "high" or what ever you want to call it is the main reason for me doing it. I do have a supportive GG/SO who enjoys it with me, (I'm one of the lucky ones! ;) ), so the sexual part of it is natural to me. When we go shopping, I always get aroused. My SO/GG always cops a feel because she knows what it does to me :) One thing I have noticed is that there are as many reason we do it as there stars in the sky.

Brianna

HaleyPink2000
03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
After 25 years of marriage the sex goes away for the "GG's" Females many times. In my case it's gone for my wife. She's not wanted it for years. So for many married males there is little or no sex just the every day I love you, and a kiss on the cheak. Once and a while, maybe a few times a year they want to help you do it,the M word. But many of you know what I am talking of. It's just that way. When your in your later years that happens. So even for us old married types it's somewhat sexual at times. Just being human not nasty about it. It's just that way. I love my Wife, just as most Men do after 25 years or more. Would not want to do without her.

But it's just like being single sometimes as per sex goes. None for long streaches unless its from, well you know. So yeah, some of dressing is from not having a girlfriend or having SEX as you might say.

I like dressing to the nines, it's just a thing I like to do. Also dressing in Sissy Very girly clothes at home is cool.

But I dress for also the reason I love the feeling of being enfemme, that Girlie feeling, female.

Haley:)

karinsa
03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't try to analyse the why. I do it because I want to,gives me pleasure. Isn't that enough.. Why question it? What ever we do the end result is the same. Just enjoy what you have got,whilst you can.xxxxxxx

Janelle Young
03-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I have a desire to dress in woman's clothes. I have that desire if I have a SO or not. I think I may dress more often if I don't have a SO and less often when I do. The desire, however, never goes away for long.

FROCKYHORROR
03-12-2006, 01:55 PM
If you can't find a SO,for whatever reason,(for me its just bad luck i just think God doesn't want me to have one,i look,tried dating sites but nothing ever happens) cross dressing is like a Solution, it satisfies that part of me that craves for something feminine in my life,otherwise life would just be plain dull,every man has this craving its natural,i sit in my home and think, jeese this place needs a woman in it,but she isn't there, how long will this go on for you think,lifes wizzing by i've got to do something so I got two options 1)find one or 2)create one. I chose option 2, its the only guarantee. Its Sad in others eyes but for me its just logical, i don't want to live out my whole life and not have enjoyed experiences with the feminine, so the closest i can get to the real thing is dressing up,and it works. Definetly the Freudian inversion thing with me i think, though i suspect a real woman wouldn't suddenly stop me from wanting to do it,it just feels too good.