PDA

View Full Version : another 'first time out' thread

Samm
10-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Well, I did it! My wife and I made it out to Tiffany Club in Waltham, mass. I under dressed as much as I could to get to the car. We stopped along the way to change, and a quickie wig and makeup job. (Using the tiny mirror on the sun visor, that was interesting) Fortunately, traffic was a breeze. Except hitting every...single...red light! Every one at Tiffany Club was great, and made me feel at ease. To say I was a little nervous is an understatement. The best part, I got to meet Claire1d from this forum ftf! Claire is very pretty, and has a great complete look. I can only hope to look half that good someday. Anyway, since I'm very bad at story telling, I'll end it here. A few firsts checked off, and more outings to come!

sara66
10-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Congratulations, may this be the first on many. :cheers:
Sara

alwayshave
10-09-2017, 06:18 AM
Samm, I'm glad that you made it out. Your story telling is just fine.

Maria 60
10-09-2017, 06:22 AM
It's really great to be reading more and more of us are getting out there and meeting up with each other. It sounds like you had a great time and maybe one day I will look more complete and find your courage and do the same. Thanks for sharing

BLUE ORCHID
10-09-2017, 06:44 AM
Hi Samm, That is great, You are out there now and there is no turning back now.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

AlissaMurray
10-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, I will admit I am a little jealous. I've not taken that step yet. I don't know about that changing in the car thing though. I will need to travel 100 miles to meet any like minded people but I do plan to do it. I'd guess the wife and I will get a motel and make a night of it when it happens.

Fiona123
10-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Well done, Samm!

Rebecca60
10-09-2017, 07:40 AM
That's good that you got out. I haven't gotten there yet.

Pat
10-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Samm, congratulations! The folks at the Tiffany Club are awesome and the club itself is a great resource. Maybe you'll go to First Event next year?

JocelynJames
10-09-2017, 09:41 AM
I knew you could do it. Wish I was there but wasn't "feeling it". Some days the fog is no where in sight, not a trace. Great going , Samm

Samm
10-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Pat, I may go to first event. Probably on the Saturday, providing I don't have to work. Maybe the fog will be rolling in by then, Joss!

Julie Slowinski
10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
I love reading these success stories!!! Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

jennifer0918
10-09-2017, 10:50 AM
You brought back so many memories from many years ago,when I started going out. It only gets better and easier from here,you have an ace in the hole an accepting wife. Enjoy every step in your journey in discovering your inner femme side,always keep kicking it up a notch,keep checking off more firsts off your list. Good luck,remember there is no tomorrow live in the moment and just do it .
Jen

Samm
10-09-2017, 03:14 PM
So, now that's done, will my cd'er membership card be mailed to me? Or do I pick it up at headquarters? Lol

Kayliedaskope
10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
I believe your membership card was left at the front desk, Sammi - you'll have to pick it up in person.

Congratulations on a good outing!

Ressie
10-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Well,I under dressed as much as I could to get to the car. We stopped along the way to change, and a quickie wig and makeup job. (Using the tiny mirror on the sun visor, that was interesting)

Congrats on stepping out Samm. This is what I do too. The last couple of times I stopped at a park that's pretty much for joggers. So far, hardly anyone has been there. I bring a magnifying mirror with me for applying makeup. Just not ready to freak the neighbors out ;) I've also thought about changing at a rest stop - in the car.

Ashlee
10-09-2017, 07:54 PM
As your in mass try for First Event in Jan. It's being held toooo close for comfort to me. I went in 2015 in Waltham. It was ok but not my thing, I was sooo nervous. I met up with someone I've emailed before and had Jamie Austin do my makeup then. I don't know that I'd go again even if it wasn't in my backyard.

patti1569
10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
So fun! First time out is so amazing!! So happy for you!

Lana Mae
10-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Congrats on getting out! Get those firsts checked off and get out there when you can! Why not tell us what your firsts were? Hugs Lana Mae

claire1d
10-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Well, I did it! My wife and I made it out to Tiffany Club in Waltham, mass. I under dressed as much as I could to get to the car. We stopped along the way to change, and a quickie wig and makeup job. (Using the tiny mirror on the sun visor, that was interesting) Fortunately, traffic was a breeze. Except hitting every...single...red light! Every one at Tiffany Club was great, and made me feel at ease. To say I was a little nervous is an understatement. The best part, I got to meet Claire1d from this forum ftf! Claire is very pretty, and has a great complete look. I can only hope to look half that good someday. Anyway, since I'm very bad at story telling, I'll end it here. A few firsts checked off, and more outings to come!

Samm, it was so great to meet you and your wife. You are too kind, I know my mirror is often lying to me :).

You were looking great too and congratulations again for your first time out, we need to do that again.

Zoeytgtx
10-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Congratulations on your first time out. Congratulations should also be awarded to your wife for going out with you and giving you a shoulder to lean on. It gets a lot easier now!

Hugs, Zoey

JocelynJames
10-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Congrats again Samm and you too on the outing Claire!

Dana44
10-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Well done Samm, getting out is nice.

Sometimes Steffi
10-10-2017, 08:26 PM
You brought back so many memories from many years ago,when I started going out. It only gets better and easier from here,you have an ace in the hole an accepting wife. Enjoy every step in your journey in discovering your inner femme side,always keep kicking it up a notch,keep checking off more firsts off your list. Good luck,remember there is no tomorrow live in the moment and just do it .
Jen

Congratulations Samm.

My wife has never been accepting, so all my firsts were solo. I pay for everything in cash, because my wife does the bills and looks at every item.

So, consider yourself lucky to have your wife by your side.

Samm
10-11-2017, 06:09 AM
So, consider yourself lucky to have your wife by your side.

I do Steffi. Every day. She's actually my 3rd marriage. I could never have told either of my 2 ex's. So I know what you, and many here go through.

curvious
10-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I wonder if that was the night of 10/3? I also went to Tiffany Club, but got there around 9ish (If I recall) and they were closing up early since there were so few there that evening... I had been there once n the past and can attest They are very nice at TCNE.

Samm
10-11-2017, 08:06 PM
It was the following Saturday, 10/7. I would definitely go back for another meet up with forum members. It's finding the free time that's the hard part.

flora39
10-20-2017, 03:53 PM
That's so exciting, congratulations! I went into the town centre in a skirt for the first time the other day - just a plain black skirt with tights and a cardigan. Wasn't fooling anyone that I could be female but that made me less nervous in a way - not trying to hide it, not embarrassed about it, just walking around in a skirt because why shouldn't I!

BrendaPDX
10-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Congratulations Samm, sounds like you had a wonderful time, and you are very fortunate to have such a caring wife. Keep stepping out and thanks for telling us how it went. Oh your card is in the mail:tongueout. Brenda

Leslie Mary S
10-24-2017, 01:52 PM
You mean there is such a thing as a CDers Membership card? I must have missed mine.
You Go Samm! where are the photos?

- - - Updated - - -

OK SAMM you wanted a membership card, here it is,

Kayliedaskope
10-24-2017, 05:19 PM
:fp::go::yrtw:

Samm
10-24-2017, 06:14 PM
I see there's no expiration date on that membership card! At least I don't have to worry about forgetting to renew it. :doh: As for pics, it hit me about a minute after we left TCNE that we did not take any. I was a little upset. But I did manage to take one "before" pic.
My enormous 11's, and my wife's miniature size 5's we wore out that night.

Leslie Mary S
10-25-2017, 03:39 AM
did not put any dates on it. My logic is simple Once a CDer always a CDer, you may go into the cloister for a long time but you still did the 'First Time Out" Thing.
It was like my father, a military pilot, when he became a membership of the Caterpillar Club. (having to parachute out of a airplane unintentionally going down). He got his one and only award in India in 1939.

Beverley Sims
10-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Samm,
There is NOTHING like "The First Time".

May it remain in your memory forever.