PDA

View Full Version : Good laugh

prettytoes
10-10-2017, 05:18 AM
Yesterday, we had family over for a birthday celebration. My wife got home from work and was doing some cleaning/straightening up. She was just getting ready to vacuum or family room carpet when I told her I already did that. She gave me a surprised look, and I used the line "I don't just sit around looking pretty all afternoon" (I only work 1/2 days due to back issues). Her reply was "yes you do!". We both started laughing. I really did not mean it that way, it was just an expression.
She knows about my dressing, but does not particularly like it. It is seldom discussed, so this was unusual. It was nice to have a good laugh about a subject that is normally not discussed.

Jillian Faith
10-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Cute story

Elizabeth G
10-10-2017, 05:56 AM
I'm in a similar situation. My wife isn't thrilled with my crossdressing but there are certainly times when she finds the humor in a situation and I love those moments too.

alwayshave
10-10-2017, 06:13 AM
Great story. I'm not big on cleaning, but do cook of late.

Lana Mae
10-10-2017, 06:19 AM
Glad you two had a good laugh! I do much of the cleaning/straightening up here as well as the cooking! Hugs Lana Mae

JocelynJames
10-10-2017, 06:36 AM
Same. If I don't work Saturday morning , I get my cleaning chores to do. I pretty much do all the cooking and always have, but I have that flow down so it's not really work. besides, I'll gladly vacuum and cook so I don't have to do the bathrooms,
But would do those too if she wanted me to.

patti1569
10-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Always nice to break the tension! Sometimes those little moments can lead to more conversation and better acceptance.

Lisa Roberts
10-10-2017, 07:30 AM
When my wife gets home and comments "oh you did the dishes thank you" I just smile and say it wasn't me….It was Lisa. I guess if she could roll her eyes any further backwards in her head she would probably tip over!
Lace and Smiles,
Lisa

NancySue
10-10-2017, 09:54 AM
In our turbulent times, enjoying a good laugh helps keep mental stability, especially for us, closer intimacy. My wife has a great sense of humor as do I and teases me often, including my dressing. When we get home, we immediately change for comfort. Of course, her definition of “comfort” is the exact opposite of mine. Her funniest truism is “I can’t wait to put on....what she can’t wait to take off”...very true. She hates underwires...that’s all I own. Same with hose, shapers, heels, etc. We both laugh.

Sarah Doepner
10-10-2017, 10:02 AM
It seems that humor is often the path that leads through difficult times and complicated issues. That laugh sounds like a positive step on a new path. I just hope you enjoy cleaning now, because that may be part of your CD future in your house.

Alice B
10-10-2017, 03:33 PM
A great response from her

Kayliedaskope
10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Next step: maid outfit!

Traci H
10-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Glad you guys could get a laugh out of that. Nice to get the issue of of the shadows and make it just a part of life, if even for just a moment. I can only hope my wife could do the same. Not accepting.

Becky Blue
10-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Nice story thanks for sharing, its great when you can lighten up the subject matter.

GeorgeA
01-02-2018, 11:25 PM
When my wife gets home and comments "oh you did the dishes thank you" I just smile and say it wasn't me….It was Lisa. I guess if she could roll her eyes any further backwards in her head she would probably tip over!
Lace and Smiles,
Lisa

That's a really funny story.

Teresa
01-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Prettytoes,
It's a good way of gaining acceptance , they like nothing more to come home to a clean and tidy house . My wife would be unhappy if she thought I'd been dressed and apparently sat about and done nothing . To have a joke about is a lovely bonus , on the rare occasions when did have a laugh about it felt like a small step forward . OK it's knowing not to push it too far .

Teri Ray
01-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Humor and crossdressing is always a good way to keep communication with your spouse open. My wife and I find that communication of all kinds is healthy and communication with light hearted humor is even better. For my wife and I it helps keep us close. What spouse would not appreciate a crossdressing husband that is helpful and funny. Best wishes.

Monique65
01-03-2018, 09:32 AM
I often do the housework dressed while my wife is away. When she returns, I tell her the good house fairy came while she was out. If she only knew.

Sissy_Michelle
01-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Prettytoes,

We have had that same discussion as well, my wife knows that when she isn’t there I will dress up and clean about the house to lend a helping hand. Though she and her friends has caught me a few times, she is very appreciative of the extra help.

@—}——-
Michelle