PDA

View Full Version : Legs eleven

Helen_Highwater
10-10-2017, 05:41 AM
If you look at the pictures posted around the site have you ever been struck by the sheer number of gals who have really good legs when wearing heels? Bare legged or in hose, there are many lovely examples of drop dead gorgeous legs to be seen.

Is this because legs are one part of the human anatomy the genders have more in common with than any other part or is it heels are the great equalizer?

Samm
10-10-2017, 05:53 AM
I think it's the heels. most male legs have muscle definition. Even a muscular female leg looks different from a males IMO. But you're right, there are some great looking legs here.

aprilgirl
10-10-2017, 05:57 AM
It may have something to do with men being taller than women, in general, and having longer legs.

alwayshave
10-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Helen, I agree with your assessment about legs pictured here. However, I'm sure that people only post the most flattering pictures that have. I know that's true for me.

Lydianne
10-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I won't make the comparison with a genetic female's legs, but it had not escaped my attention that the CDers here have very beautiful legs on their own merit :daydreaming:.

What really surprises me is the difference between CDer legs and regular-guy legs :eek:. With some standing postures, very high heels can make the calf muscle contract and make male legs look very unflattering. I'm sure we have all seen such images . . but not on here, curiously :thinking:. Could CDers be a different species with different leg structure to regular guys? :idontknow:. Some here will tell you they played college football etc, yet they have superb legs!

You wanna spot a CDer? If he has beautiful legs, he's unquestionably a CDer! ;).

( Obviously, that last line is a joke :P ).

- Lydianne.

leannejacobs
10-10-2017, 07:24 AM
I totally agree, even though I do say so my self lol I think my legs are my best feature

Lisa Roberts
10-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Dang Leanne! Perfect legs!!

Laura912
10-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Try this for an answer. The longer femur (the long bone in the upper leg) gives the leg a more balanced and attractive appearance. It also increases the leverage in the leg when running, attacking the dinosaur for supper, etc. Males are more likely to have that type of bone development. Hence, GM legs have the advantage for looking good. Look at the femur length on Leanne and on the series of postings showing legs. Study pictures of GGs who have gorgeous legs and look at the relationship between upper leg and lower leg. It seems that all the cartoon women also have very lengthy upper legs or femurs. QED

Linda E. Woodworth
10-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Don't forget that teenage boys are used as legs models in women's advertising.

Lydianne
10-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Try this for an answer. The longer femur (the long bone in the upper leg) gives the leg a more balanced and attractive appearance. It also increases the leverage in the leg when running, attacking the dinosaur for supper, etc. Males are more likely to have that type of bone development. Hence, GM legs have the advantage for looking good. Look at the femur length on Leanne and on the series of postings showing legs. Study pictures of GGs who have gorgeous legs and look at the relationship between upper leg and lower leg. It seems that all the cartoon women also have very lengthy upper legs or femurs. QED

SCIENCE!!!

So now we need to investigate upper-to-lower leg ratio versus CDing propensity ;). Laura, over to you :tongueout.

CD Tammy
10-10-2017, 10:53 AM
I have always felt I am very feminine, and sexy from the waist down.

DIANEF
10-10-2017, 11:01 AM
I am 5'8'', so not tall by male standards, and over the years I have had many comments about my 'good legs' from females. I used to run and cycle a lot which probably helped, though 4 inch heels certainly enhance the effect.

sometimes_miss
10-10-2017, 12:33 PM
As more men's legs are muscular, we don't have the skinny bird legs that the skinny girls do, OR the fat legs that chubby women do. We're 'juuuuuusssssst right. And as we're not all athletes, there's just enough fat to smooth out the bumps where the muscle definition would usually stand out. Of course, flex those leg muscles and they WILL stand out a lot more, but in normal situations, they're just sitting pretty.

Laura912
10-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Lydianne, if we were to study upper to lower leg ratios in MTF dressers, then, because the study group are all GMs, one would conclude that it is linked with CD. And that, girls, is how garbage gets generated. :battingeyelashes:

Lydianne
10-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Cool!!! :shades:. I'll peddle leg surgery as a CDing cure! :yahoo:. Or even better, as a CDing preventative measure! ;). I'll make millions! :tongueout.

The waiting list is live now!! Wives & girlfriends, watch this space! And tell your friends . .

And in a totally unrelated matter :whistling: . . . any surgeons in the group? :angel:

Alice B
10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Why do you think many of us shave our legs and wear nylons. To make our legs look better and we love it

Kayliedaskope
10-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Damn, Leanne .... :)

Every one of you that has posted a leg picture has had some mighty fine walking sticks. :). And for those of you who have been brave enough to put up real pictures of yourselves dressed en femme, I applaud you. There are some asonishingly gorgeous ladies on here, very lovely and passable - you all should be proud!

Teresa
10-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Helen,
I'd never given my legs a thought before came out , it was just how stockings felt on them even when covered in hair. It's only since I've shaved them and shown people my pictures or they've now seen me me in reality that I've realised my legs look good. Women don't comment about another woman's figure , they just kindly say, " You look nice !" but they do rave about good legs, and every single one has been envious of mine . Even my daughter admits I have better legs !
I believe male legs stay in better shape longer , women suffer from cellulite and often get a water retention problem round their ankles .

Heels do reshape legs and stockings or tights enhance that look , natural legs on some people just don't work, I also prefer hem lines slightly above or on the knee, calf length can give the appearance of tent poles .

You know the GG saying, " If you've got it flaunt it !", I never dreamed after all these years in drab that my body could look like this , if only I'd come out sooner !!

Cherylgyno
10-10-2017, 08:40 PM
My wife has made the same observation. We are getting ready to go out. Both are wearing hose. My wife will say something about it now being fair, her legs aren't as shapely as mine. It might be that I get home from work and put on heels. My wife gets home and takes off her flats and Don's slippers. My shortest heels are 5". My wife has 1 pair of 4" heels. She tried them on in the store, not even 1 time since.

Helen_Highwater
10-11-2017, 11:27 AM
The thought struck me that what would happen if, as they did at the old holiday camps, they had a lovely legs competition where the contestants stand behind a curtain showing only their legs, the audience could distinguish GG from male legs if all were wearing heels? Mmmm?

NancySue
10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
My wife talked me into entering a leg guessing contest a few years ago...fund raiser. At first, I hesitated, but, said OK. I really never gave it much thought, The prize was $ 100. She suggested shaving my legs, so she did....put moisturizer on and a little make up. On came my Hanes SR pantyhose (my favorite), a Little Color. Wow ! I had heels. (She knows and supports m dressing.) Long story short...I won. Some of my guy friends got a little ???? because their wives came over and Ooohed and Ahhhhed over my what legs. One of our friend-wives ran her hand over my legs, smiled, and winked at me, but nothing was ever said. Later she told me her husband wore thigh highs when he goes hunting. I wondered...only hunting? What did I buy with my winnings? More hose, of course. lol

Sometimes Steffi
10-11-2017, 08:25 PM
It may have something to do with men being taller than women, in general, and having longer legs.

I don't have any facts, but it has always seemed that most women are short waisted, I think that's the word. That is their legs are long relative to their total height. Men are the opposite. So a taller man may have legs the same length as a shorter woman.

Of course if you're 6' 3", you'll have longer legs than most women.

But you won't see me posting any leg pics. I have very knobby knees.

Becky Blue
10-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Generalising of course, but if a man and a woman are the same height and weight the body fat distribution is very different. The man would have less fat in his legs... so generally speaking men have slightly thinner and longer legs.

SkylarLee
10-12-2017, 01:06 AM
I agree with Becky about men having slightly skinnier and longer legs but I suffer from the "bird legs" syndrome in which if you saw me ( in drab) wearing shorts, you would swear I had toothpicks for legs. However with the help of a couple of pairs of pantyhose, I can achieve the attached look. I think what you wear can enhance the positive aspects and hide flaws. If you saw my hairy legs in drab, you would not think it was the same person as in the picture.

Ginni
10-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Women's and men's legs look the same especially in a pair of nylons. It gives me great pleasure to look at my legs and they look feminine. Wearing a pair of heel makes them even more feminine. Hose and heels just gets me excited.

ellbee
10-12-2017, 07:21 AM
From what I understand, the reason why many men (CD'ers & non-CD'ers, alike) have some pretty nice legs, is due to the fact that we are typically carrying that much more weight, relatively speaking, on our *upper* bodies.

And yeah, you're gonna need muscle & bone density to support that.

Generally speaking, GG's typically don't have this "luxury."

And yeah, obviously there are some guys who have skinny little chicken-legs. So, it's not *all* men -- but many, anyway.

Vicky_Scot
10-12-2017, 10:21 AM
My legs are certainly my best assets when en-femme.

Nikki A.
10-12-2017, 01:08 PM
In general men's torsos are longer than women's. My wife was much shorter than me and yet we had the same inseam. That's why blouses are sometimes too short or certain dresses just don't fit us right.

Brandie.n
10-12-2017, 05:13 PM
same here my best feature. i live in a down stair apt so im up and down the stairs everyday

1958Candi
10-12-2017, 06:12 PM
BEAUTIFUL legs!!!

irene9999
10-13-2017, 09:32 AM
It’s the extra muscle tissue in our legs, the women who seem to have the best legs typically have muscular legs so it makes sense a lot of guys would be able to pull that look off

Stephanie47
10-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Helen, I agree with your assessment about legs pictured here. However, I'm sure that people only post the most flattering pictures that have. I know that's true for me.

I'll agree with this assessment. In addition, if there is a best looking leg contest what about the rest of the body? Isn't it a package deal? My wife always said I had great legs. When we were first married I was at least 6 foot 1.5. Now with some shrinkage to the spine I measure in at six foot even. My torso, legs and arms are in correct proportion. No T Rex arms here. I've noticed if a man or woman is totally out of shape the excess baggage is all over the body. However, I've seen many men who would be in good proportions, if it was not for the "beer belly." My wife is 5 foot 2. Forty years ago is was in perfect proportion with terrific legs. If you were to see a picture of her you could gauge her height unless there was a reference point nearby. Was she five foot two? Or six foot two? You cannot tell. I think having longer legs does not hold water to the key to the perception of attractive legs. It's the proportion of the total body.

In high school my daughter took up track and ran long distances. She developed gawd awful leg muscles. Her legs looked terrible. When she quit track her legs returned to normal size for her gene pool. I think over all body type has a lot to due with the perception of attractiveness. I'll go with muscle tone having a lot to do with nice legs. No exercise, less probability of attractive legs. Too much weight and it will show in the legs too. Too skinny and it will show in the legs and arms too.

BLUE ORCHID
10-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Helen :hugs:, I am very lucky a my legs look fantastic in Hose & Heels.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

MelanieAnne
10-14-2017, 07:47 PM
I would also add that men usually don't have vein problems, for some reason. Some years ago, my girlfriend and I were sitting on the porch with coffee on a Sunday morning, and she was checking me out. She didn't even know I dressed. But she said, "You have better legs than I do". I just dummied up and said nothing. :heehee:

Sara Fina
10-14-2017, 08:11 PM
I agree with Becky about men having slightly skinnier and longer legs but I suffer from the "bird legs" syndrome in which if you saw me ( in drab) wearing shorts, you would swear I had toothpicks for legs. However with the help of a couple of pairs of pantyhose, I can achieve the attached look. I think what you wear can enhance the positive aspects and hide flaws. If you saw my hairy legs in drab, you would not think it was the same person as in the picture.

What brand pantyhose/tights do you you buy to achieve this flawless look?

SkylarLee
10-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Hello Sara,
I am actually wearing 3 different types of tights/pantyhose in that picture. The base layer is a 100 denier pantyhose made by Avidlove (found on Amazon). I normally use a base layer in the 120-140 denier range to hide leg hair but I wanted to see if I could go lower.

The second layer is Danskin tights in Toast. Danskin makes a matt version and a shiny/shimmery version. I prefer the shiny/shimmery look (this makes legs look glossy).

I can't remember what I was wearing for the 3rd layer but it might have been Hanes Silk Reflections.

Just send me a message if you have any more questions.
Regards,
Skylar

abby054
10-15-2017, 03:08 AM
This thread reminds me of the commercial for L'Eggs pantyhose that Joe Namath did back in the early 1970s. Hosiery does make a difference, as Broadway Joe showed us. A good pair of hose turns my legs from "meh" to "pretty nice!".

MelanieAnne
10-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Quite often we are comparing apples to oranges. If women never shaved their legs or moisturized, or any of the other things they do, we would be pretty similar in appearance. Some women have heavy, muscular legs, that are not attractive, and masculine looking.