PDA

View Full Version : Did this happen to anyone else?

Becky Blue
10-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Recently I was reminded about a strange episode that happened to me at age 13. I started getting very sensitive and itchy nipples. They would tingle and were very sensitive to touch, wearing a shirt would scratch against them and drive me crazy. After a few weeks of this, my mother took me to our family doctor. He was stumped for an answer (it was the late 70s) and said it is probably just hormones. It lasted on and off for over a year.

Fast forward to today and I still have very sensitive nipples, I find it hard to wear any shirts with rough material. I am wondering if there was something wonky with my hormones back at puberty.

Did this happen to anyone else ?

Gillian Gigs
10-10-2017, 11:49 PM
In the last five years I have experienced sensitive nipples several times also. I don't remember anything like it as a teen going through puberty. What I have found is when I go through this cycle now, "The girls" tend to grow a bit. I'm not wishful thinking either, the dress makers tape wouldn't lie. As we age the hormone levels can fluctuate a they decrease. An example is a woman having hot flashes.

Tracii G
10-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Interesting but no never had that happen to me.

LilSissyStevie
10-11-2017, 12:40 AM
I don't know why your doctor would be mystified by this. It's very common in pubescent boys. The short answer is that some boys produce so much testosterone that the body converts the excess to estrogen. Usually one gets a tender lump in one breast which goes away after a year or so. Some get lumps in both breasts and fewer still will develop gynecomastia. I was one of the rare unlucky ones but my moobs were always a source of embarrassment. They were/are not attractive. They stuck out and I had to wear a jacket all the time to hide them and they were very very sensitive. The hard lumps went away after a year or so but the moobs remained. They show more when I'm lean than they do now that I'm a little overweight. When I first discovered them at 13, I was convinced I had cancer and death was imminent. LOL! I went to the nurse and she just laughed at me. What you describe sounds like a mild case of the overproduction of testosterone.

Teresa
10-11-2017, 12:57 AM
Becky,
I do recall them becoming sensitive when my chest hair grew so it could have been hormones in this case the T level changes , it all happened so early, having hairy legs and chest the first one in my age group at school to have pubic hair . Not a nice time especially having an audience when leaving the showers because they want to see you , I panicked when I read girls develop before boys so cut my pubic hair off .

Becky Blue
10-11-2017, 01:00 AM
LSS it was the late 70's so maybe my Doc didn't know that.

LilSissyStevie
10-11-2017, 01:14 AM
It was the mid sixties for me.

alwayshave
10-11-2017, 05:18 AM
My nipples were dead until my mid forties, then they came alive with gang busters.

Richelle423
10-11-2017, 06:18 AM
It happened to me 5 yrs ago when I turned 40. My breasts grew and were very sensitive to the touch. My SO told me I was between a B and C cup. Not to sensitive anymore though.

Laura912
10-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Same tenderness, hard lumps etc when I was 13 in the fifties. Our neighbor on the base was a Pediatrician and said it happened in young males. Lasted about a year.

BrendaPDX
10-11-2017, 07:48 AM
Yes, me too, I was about 15. It got so bad I was thinking about putting those round band-aids on them.

DIANEF
10-11-2017, 09:05 AM
I've had that fleetingly, maybe for a couple of days at a time, but only once or twice a year, if that.

gina shiney
10-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Hmm I will try for the short answer.
yes pre pubescent had inverted nipples. During puberty they became proud and sensitive, through my teens and twenties when aroused would get a clear discharge from them. Later on throughout thirties to current I would get a very persistent feeling of pressure and heaviness in both my breasts with slight increase in size, this cycle sometimes can last for months, my nipples have remained extremely sensitive to touch. Last year posted on here about it in a reply to someone else's post. At about the same time I was seeing my doctor about the symptoms you discribe, oh how itchy they were as well as being painful, had ultrasound on one that has a lump and was told not to worry about it as it was a blocked duct and common. Thankfully I haven't had as long and prolonged episode as that since and most times it is only for a few days a month.
gina

karrin
10-11-2017, 03:45 PM
yes indeed, but much later in life, I won't put a number to it , sensitive to the point of pain, which prompted me to get a mamo, "yikes" now I know what GG's go thru, plus the added comment of the tech. saying thank goodness you have enough breast tissue, otherwise it would be more painful. mamo was clear thank goodness. by enough, I'm a B cup not overly endowed, a little more would be nice but (ces't la vie I think thats how it goes lol be safe Karrin :)

Lana Mae
10-11-2017, 05:31 PM
No never! Hugs Lana Mae

S. Lisa Smith
10-11-2017, 06:15 PM
I don't know why your doctor would be mystified by this. It's very common in pubescent boys. The short answer is that some boys produce so much testosterone that the body converts the excess to estrogen. Usually one gets a tender lump in one breast which goes away after a year or so. Some get lumps in both breasts and fewer still will develop gynecomastia. I was one of the rare unlucky ones but my moobs were always a source of embarrassment. They were/are not attractive. They stuck out and I had to wear a jacket all the time to hide them and they were very very sensitive. The hard lumps went away after a year or so but the moobs remained. They show more when I'm lean than they do now that I'm a little overweight. When I first discovered them at 13, I was convinced I had cancer and death was imminent. LOL! I went to the nurse and she just laughed at me. What you describe sounds like a mild case of the overproduction of testosterone. Interesting, this happened to me. It was in the early '60s...