PDA

View Full Version : It just doesn't get easier

Maria 60
10-11-2017, 06:44 PM
We went to a family function last night, I was having a drink at the bar and my wife and my closes girl cousin came to the bar for a drink. I sometimes think it was because of my cousin I became a
crossdresser, our families were close and we would see a lot of each other and I remember her always playing and she would dress me up as a girl.
My wife made a comment why I was hanging out with my younger cousins and nephews, when my family my own age were in there own conversation elsewhere. I told her that my younger cousins like to hang with me, and to trust me I would rather be talking about arthritis and retirement.
On our way home my wife was alittle quit, I asked her what was wrong, she said my girl cousin made a comment about what a great influence I am for my younger cousins and nephews. My cousin told her that they look up to me because when I was younger I owned fast cars and loved fast women, I played guitar with a band in high school and was a kick boxer and I was the only family member to get an earring. In an Italian house in the 70s an earring was that someone is gay, I stood my ground and my father didn't talk to me for three years, but I didnt take the earring off and now I have one on each ear. She said I never liked school but I was always a hard worker and she is happy to have her children have me as a role model.
I told my wife that was flattering of my cousin to say that, well my wife didn't think so and tears started running down her face.
She said if my family ever found out about my dressing and how much Italians love dirty laundry, they would have a field day with that and that she cares and loves me so much that it would kill her to watch me go from HERO to ZERO and watch me get hurt especially how I'm so respected.
Shaking her head it looks like she's starting to second guess herself, and went on telling me that she knows how much I enjoy it and she even incourages it by telling me to go for a drive when she thinks I'm stressed or not putting gas in her car, knowing how much I enjoy putting gas in the car dressed. She said it never bothered her and never felt I was doing anything wrong, but did say she didn't expect it to evolve like it did, from just pantyhose and a slip to going out driving fully dressed as a woman. I asked where she was going with all of this, she said when she watched me at the bar laughing and enjoying the company of my family and how that would change if I get seen. Maybe she shouldn't have encouraged it the way she did and kept it on a shorter leash and not made it get to this point.
I couldn't believe the conversation we were having she was feeling like she didn't know right from wrong anymore. I told her that I love and care for her, as much as she doesn't want to see me get hurt I didn't like seeing her hurting at that moment. I told her if she asking me to stop, it will never happen and it will be better we split now because I can never keep that promise but I can go back to the promise I gave her thirty plus years ago that I will be happy in the closet. I told her if it will calm her down and make her happy I will not go for anymore drives and take any chances and she can gas up her own car from now on.
She said for her it's a lose, lose situation either way because I will live with it but not be happy. I told her when I told her thirty years ago knowing she was a born in Italy traditional girl that I thought my next call was going to be a divorce lawyer and my dad would have proved that boys with earrings are gay. That her exceptiing was all the happiness I need and I'm fine with life in the closet.
She seamed to be happy with my proposal and it seamed like she calmed down, last night was a sign that she really cares and doesn't want to see me get hurt.
Well people come here on this site for real life experiences and you don't get more real life then this.
It just isn't easy.

Lana Mae
10-11-2017, 06:55 PM
What a loving wife you have! One thing I note is people panic being seen dressed! If you are totally dressed with wig and make up done right, you are probably not going to be recognized by anyone as you! They are looking for a dude not a lady! You would not look like you! There is no easy answer for this! As you said, "It just isn't easy"! Hugs Lana Mae

Linda P.
10-11-2017, 07:35 PM
"... tonight was a sign that she really cares and doesn't want to see me get hurt."'
And that's the most important thing. With that as the basis for your relationship I'd say the two of you will find a way that is mutually satisfactory. Hold on to that.

LaurenS
10-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Wow. Thank you. Inspirational.

LeannS
10-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Maria. You truly have a gem of a wife but please don't make promises if you can't keep them. I do understand where you are at and what you need to do.

With admiration
Leann