PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out......

Anne K
10-21-2017, 06:43 AM
What an emotional roller coaster ride the last couple of days have been! My 28 year old daughter flew in from Boston to help me pack up the house for a major renovation. Everything had to be packed and put in the garage. After working all day Wednesday, we drove to Miami on Alligator Alley to visit my wife who is staying at her home in Miami while she undergoes chemo for recently diagnosed breast cancer. (I have to drive back and forth to supervise the renovations and be with her).

Since Alligator alley is 100 miles of straight road, I decided that this would be a good opportunity to come out to my daughter about Joyce. When the conversational opportunity arrived, I told her that I’m a much more complicated person and while the simplest description would be crossdresser, the more accurate description is transgendered. I described the trials and limitations of growing up in a time that one could be seriously injured or osticized for even bringing up the subject and how I decided 4 years ago to live the life I have always wanted.

Her response was positive beyond my wildest expectations. We spend the next 2 hours talking about the most intimate details of both our lives. We covered my desire to transition in detail. At one point, I handed her my iPhone with the Picture Album of me at dinner or trying on new clothes. She looked at it and asked me who it was. I replied that it was me and she was amazed. She remarked that she used to say that she had 3 mothers and a father (1st wife, second wife, third wife), but now she has 4 mothers! ( You may think I have relationship issues, but it’s a far more complex situation not involving gender issues. We all have a very friendly and supportive relationship that has benefited my daughter greatly. It takes a village?)

We got up early, I threw on my gym short and white T shirt and dropped her off at the airport. After we made the usual good-byes. She gave me a kiss on the check and said, “You’re beautiful.” Tears…. I’m so lucky. More tears….

AlissaMurray
10-21-2017, 06:47 AM
That is a great story. My daughter also took it well. She has never seen but she really does not care. It is a nice feeling.

Pat
10-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Aww. Such a sweet story. I'm sorry about your wife's cancer, but so happy for your experience with your daughter. Congratulations.

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Hi Joyce:hugs:, I would like to wish your:love:Wife all the best with her Chemo,

That was a wonderful story , You have a fantastic Daughter.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

DMichele
10-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Joyce,
Thank you for sharing your coming out to your daughter. Your story and other stories posted on this forum will help me face the my full disclosure with my three daughters.

I hope your wife's treatment goes well.

Sarah Doepner
10-21-2017, 12:31 PM
My best wishes toward full and lasting remission for your wife. Then it's on to congratulations for raising your daughter in a way that made your revelation to her such a positive event. I hope both processes are full of wonderful surprises and a positive future.

IleneD
10-21-2017, 12:49 PM
You've been blessed, Joyce.
Great story. Wish it was so easy for everyone trying to come out to loved ones or friends.

Alice B
10-21-2017, 12:53 PM
And your story is why they call it the Sunshine State. Hope all goes well with your wife.Mine is a breast cancer survier and your will be as well

SamanthaToday
10-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Im going to show my wife your post, I need to tell my daughter. Thank you for sharing.

bridget thronton
10-22-2017, 01:01 AM
You have a great daughter

Linda P.
10-22-2017, 01:45 AM
You are indeed lucky to have such a daughter. She is a credit to you and her "3 mothers," and the "friendly and supportive relationship" that you have maintained for her.

Allycttv
10-22-2017, 10:01 AM
so happy it turned out so positive for you

your an inspiration to so many women here it gives them the support and courage to be themselves

your friend ally

Beverley Sims
10-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Joyce,
That is my feelgood story for the day.

I am so glad for you.

Dana44
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Joyce, that is great and hope you wife is doing better. You have a wonderful daughter.