PDA

View Full Version : It was ever thus

Charlotte7
10-29-2017, 06:43 AM
I'm lucky. My partner of 30 years, knows. She's always known. I told her right at the outset, before we were a comitted couple. I can dress whenever and however I like. (Dreams do come ture). I'll not pass, but dressing at home and the occasional dark foray in the car is enough for me.

We have an unwritten rule, I'm not to wear anything that belongs to her. This too is ok, we're different sizes and my tastes are far more girly.

Yesterday, we went for a trip out in the car. We visited a small, pretty town way out in the country. It's a touristy kind of place. Quaint shops, nice tearooms.

When we arrived the weather had turned colder, wetter and windier. I had a coat. She had a jacket.

But, she wasn't one to get cold. She merely took my spare jumper from off the backseat and put it on.

But, that's the way the world is and we have to be grateful for what we have.

NancySue
10-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Ditto...same here. Told her, with trepidation, before we walked down the aisle...no secrets. She’s been accepting and supportive. I have all my own things. She, occasionally, brings me surprises, but her rule is..one for me...two for her..Lol, makes sense to me. We too take rides to nearby towns. Our small town is very conservative, opinionated and gossipy. I don’t know if I pass. I just know I try to look the best I can. She helps. We don’t agree on underwires or hose. Lol. That’s fine with me. I’m very grateful for her and our relationship.

Steph_CD_62
10-29-2017, 11:40 AM
My wife knew of my dressing within a week of meeting. Yes when we first met it was just lingerie, but now I wear more. This past week we were on vacation and it was the first time I wore my breast forms out in public while she was with me, it was so wonderful and I feel so blessed to have an understanding wife.

Her rules are not to wear her clothes and make sure I have at least one day per week where I DON'T dress, although she has no problem with me wearing panties 24/7.

suzanne
10-29-2017, 12:27 PM
I love all of your stories. Truly yours is the best way to come out to your (now) spouses.

I did it wrong. I repressed my true feelings until I couldn't any longer, then confessed to my wife after about twenty years of marriage. A very bumpy ride, but we're mostly ok now. The biggest rule is that she will not go out in public with me while I'm dressed.

I have a question for all three of you. Was your present SO the first relationship partner you told, or were there others before that went sideways after you told them?

Charlotte7
10-29-2017, 12:55 PM
She was the first. I nearly told another but we were much younger and still at college. I wasn't sure that it was long term. It wasn't. I'm.glad I didn't.

There are clues you can look for such as being open to difference and the like. In my case I was pretty sure I was on firm ground as she had said two or three very pro cross dressing things before I told her.

Yes, very lucky indeed.

Steph_CD_62
10-29-2017, 01:05 PM
I have a question for all three of you. Was your present SO the first relationship partner you told, or were there others before that went sideways after you told them?

My ex was the first I came out to. I didn't realize what I was..... but knew I enjoyed wearing lingerie. I hadn't acted on it since I was a teenager, but the feelings came back one night while washing her nylon nightgown. The ex seemed accepting, but later on found out she didn't like it at all.

NancySue
10-29-2017, 01:16 PM
My wife was the first I told the whole story to...before we went down the aisle. I expected her to run, but she stayed and actually was fascinated (a psych major). It took lots of time, talking, reading, etc. My courage to be honest, I think, was the key. She is a blessing. I have my own wardrobe and complete freedom to dress. She also helps. I was previously in a close relationship where, I almost told her. I think, she had strong suspicions. She knew I had a more than “normal” interest in lingerie, especially nylons, but I didn’t fess up.

alwayshave
10-29-2017, 05:23 PM
I told my SO before we moved in, after about 8 months of dating. I had never told another SO, but I knew I would not hide my dressing any longer.

BLUE ORCHID
10-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Hi Charlotte :hugs:, My:love:Wife has known for almost 54years and Our 54th Anniversary is on 02/01/18,
over the years she has been off and on about my dressing we have a very workable DA/DT.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Beverley Sims
10-30-2017, 07:53 AM
My wife has know all our life but advancement over the years has been slow but sure.

Jaylyn
10-30-2017, 08:10 AM
I really didn't tell my wife till about thirty or so years into our marriage. I think she already knew we had played with makeup before, I had put on her night gown before playing around, I painted her toe nails many times for her. Gave her back massages and even worn panty hose under my work clothes to stay warm. She knew all this before she and I had the talk. She was very understanding at first and even helped me accumulate an wardrobe. After I told her about Jaylyn she even bought Jaylen Christmas Presents and Birthday presents. She still on occasion asks when we pass the women's section if Jaylyn needs anything. Lately though she has preferred that I just do it and when she is not around. Similar to a DADT.

Krisi
10-30-2017, 08:42 AM
I have "permission" to wear any of my wife's clothes. She, of course, can wear any of mine. The same goes for makeup but she has very little and seldom even wears that. I have what I need so I don't usually bother hers.

Barbara Black
10-31-2017, 07:05 AM
It came out after about 30 years of marriage. I never intended to hide it, I just thought that I could suppress it. No, I didn't hide it for the full thirty years. But it figured, I quit smoking, never got addicted to drugs or alcohol, so why not crossdressing? Well, I guess we all know how that ends in most cases. So now dressing is acceptable, but not welcomed. If i can only get over her reluctance to my shaving., I have this thing about body hair.......