PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in NYC

Jackie7
11-01-2017, 09:25 AM
The NYC Halloween parade is a huge event that happens to kick off not too far from the horrible scene of yesterday's terror attack. But that did not seem to put a wet blanket on the festivities, in fact quite the opposite. As usual there were thousands and thousands of people on the streets. And as always it was an enormously human event, everyone tarted up in costumes that ranged from the ridiculous to the sublime, laughing and taking photos. The police presence was huge, as you would expect within hours of an attack, but it was also friendly and good natured.

It was a beautiful evening, a lovely evening to be out and about in the city... dressed to the nines of course. I'll post a few pix of me and my wife and our friends, all dressed up and looking good, over in the photo forum. Here, I just want to salute our fellow New Yorkers. Perhaps it's a tired cliche, but the way to give the finger to those *******s really is to carry on with our lives, loves, and laughter, bold and unafraid. Hooray for New York City!

Amy Lynn3
11-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Yes, hooray for NYC and bless the victims and families of the 8 who never made it. I only saw the parade on TV, but my spirit was with you Jackie and all the great people of NYC.

Linda P.
11-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Prayers for the innocent victims and their families. And yes cheers to the New Yorkers for carrying of in the face of terror.