PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

Micki_Finn
11-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I have a totally cool and unique tattooing opportunity (yay more ink!) and it got me thinking about the topic as it relates to our hobby. So let’s discuss. If you have ink, what is your relationship like with it? Do you consider your ink masculine, feminine, or neutral? Do you have tattoos you’ll only show off in one mode or the other? Do you have any old ink you regret because it interferes with your dressing? Is there anything you’d like to have that reflects/enhances your fem side?

If anyone is interested in what this “opportunity” is, the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles is going to be hosting an exhibition on the history of tattooing. As part of the exhibition, they are bringing in famous local tattoo artists to give tattoos to people there in the museum during the exhibit. Each artist came up with a flash sheet of unique designs to choose from that they have agreed to be exclusive to this exhibition. If any of you are interested you can see all the participating artists and their flash sheets at the NHMLA website and you can sign up for an appointment there. Not sure how fast they’ll book up, and you will still have to pay the artist ($250 fee).

AllieSF
11-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Here is my treasured tattoo. I got it this year with my 20 year old grand daughter (GD), and my husband-in-law's daughter (Ex wife's husband's daughter - HLD) on a very special sunny day in San Francisco's Haight Ashbury area famous for the 70's hippie movement. One wanted to re-pierce her nose and put in a new piece of jewelry, I decided in the moment to get this tatt on my wrist, and then my Grand daughter decided to get another piercing, something for everyone! It was also the day that I came out to my HLD to her surprise. I always go out dressed with my GD and misunderstood and thought that my HLD already knew. So, I unintentionally surprised her dressed in the moment with more than wonderful conversation and results. After we left her, she called her brother who then immediately called me while my GD and I were stuck in rush hour traffic on the Bay Bridge. He was so surprisingly supportive that I started to cry in the car.

The theme of the tatt can probably be considered male and female, but definitely on the softer male side if one thinks that way. To me however, it has special meanings. It represents how I feel today using elements of my nickname, my past and current life, and my family and friends throughout my life. My nickname was given to me by my neighbor when I was just a few years old. He said that I flitted from one thing to something else constantly just like a bee going from flower to flower. That nickname is still used by those who have known me the longest and means a lot to me because of that. Anyone new who knows me today, my closest friends locally, only know Allie and would say that little bee is definitely me and my short attention span personality. As I have journeyed down this trans road, smiling all the way, last year I finally made the decision that it was time to come out to all that knew me and mattered the most to me. That tattooed word has gained special significance in my new life. It truly speaks where I am today and hopefully sends out a meaningful message to those that see it and understand it. To be truly happy you must truly also "Bee ...... Free"!

XemmaX
11-01-2017, 07:26 PM
i have quite a few tattoos and personally i like my ink, they are most black line work and look maybe abit brutal or hard but i'd still say they are neutral. i dont regret them and they dont interfere with my dressing.

Melissa Rose
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Here are my three tattoos. You can decide the feminine level.

This one is on my right leg, outside thigh, below my hip. It is about 6" in length. Part of it shows when I am wearing shorts or a swimsuit. This is my first tattoo. The next two were done at a later date by the same artist, but at the same time.

The next one is on my right, lower back. The butterfly is about 4" across. This one does not show unless I pull up my top. I do not wear crop tops or bikinis so it rarely gets public exposure.

This one is on my left shoulder blade area. It is about 1.5" across. This one shows in the warmer months whenever I wear a top with straps.

The basis concept is the butterfly starts in the vine (thigh), takes off (lower back) and flies off into the distance (shoulder). The pictures were taken immediately after the work was done hence the pink halo around them.

I have zero regrets about getting them and love them. I am full-time so these are not related to "our hobby", but a personal expression. I purposely chose the locations to be more private and only those closest to me are fully aware of all three.

Rhian
11-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Mine is more feminine than masculine and my next one is going to be the same but they can pass in male mode.

KimberlyJean
11-01-2017, 08:31 PM
I really want a pink transgender symbol tattooed in the vee between my stomach and thigh area, just outside my pubic area. You know where your panties would cover it. I don't see me being able to get it anytime soon though.

Teri Ray
11-01-2017, 08:50 PM
All mine were made while in service. Mostly on my arms. They do not present well when dressed. They have been a disappointment while attending PTA meetings they aren't (in retrospect) my best choice now. But such is life... I never figured on having this desire to dress still remain when I got older, when I was young. If I had it to do over again I would not get my arms tattooed as they are.

Strikes me that more women have tattoos now than ever before. Just not the ones I have.

Diane Smith
11-01-2017, 08:58 PM
All my tattoos are as feminine as possible and are placed so they show only when I'm appropriately dressed (i.e. never visible in male mode).

- Diane

nikkim83
11-01-2017, 09:05 PM
One single neutral

Joni T
11-02-2017, 12:04 PM
I dislike tats--period--be they on male or female bodies. My daughter and her worthless boy friend have more ink than skin--totally disgusting in my opinion. Nothing at all feminine about tats.
Jon

jeri1973
11-02-2017, 12:17 PM
I am wanting one on my foot that is totally feminine. It's a very colorful butterfly.

Sara Jessica
11-02-2017, 02:54 PM
I dislike tats--period--be they on male or female bodies. My daughter and her worthless boy friend have more ink than skin--totally disgusting in my opinion. Nothing at all feminine about tats.
Jon

And they probably have little tolerance for variations of gender expression. Hmmmm, wonder where they got that from???

Could the bee be any cuter? And I love the story the butterflies tells!!!

Jennifer in CO
11-02-2017, 04:42 PM
my wife and I got henna tats of a rose on stem (about 6" long) on our outer calf (both on the left) while on our honeymoon. Took hers almost 6 months and mine closer to a year before they totally faded away. It was ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Robertacd
11-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Nope not a drop of ink in this body.

Ineke Vashon
11-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Me neither. Clean body, clean mind, take your pick

Ineke

Tracii G
11-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Being tied to the music business you would think I had a tat somewhere but nope I am tat free.
I think its gross on women and makes them look skanky.
My youngest daughter got a tribal tat just above her butt while she was in college.
I got on her a little over it and asked her how drunk was she when she decided to get it?
She never answered.LOLOL
She was over 21 so not much I could do about it.
I rode motorcycles with guys covered in them but I never saw the point of getting one.
If I had got the club colors tattooed on me that would have sucked when I left because they would have burned it off of me or cut it off and that would have left a nasty scar.

jack-ie
11-02-2017, 07:56 PM
In my younger days I used to drink more than a little but amazingly, still tat free

Pat
11-02-2017, 09:54 PM
I have an attraction to the idea of getting an Eye of Horus on my left arm up at the shoulder, but then I always think back to when I was in the Airborne and thought a "Death From Above" tattoo would be a good idea and I think how happy I am I never acted on that impulse. ;) Still, life is long... who knows?

Lindabrown
11-03-2017, 12:27 AM
I use fake tattoos that last a week.

Abbey11
11-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Hi, have any of you ladies considered or may already have, a tattoo of you femme self ?

It's something that has crossed my mind and I'm having some temporary tats printed to see what I think.

Let me know your views

Hugs
Abbey x

Tracii G
11-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Why would you have a tat of yourself?

Abbey11
11-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Why not?

Kayliedaskope
11-03-2017, 02:26 PM
"Wow, that's a really sexy tattoo of a beautiful woman. What's her name?"

"Steve."

By the way, no ink and no piercings here - everything is factory original.

Abbey11
11-03-2017, 04:06 PM
😂😂😂😂. Good point

Melissa Rose
11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
From what I have been told and seen, faces resembling a specific person are quite difficult to tattoo well. It takes a very talented tattoo artist to do a good job and you will need to see a lot of their work to know their skill level. There are some amazing tattoos of women that are works of art. Regardless of whether getting a tattoo resembling yourself is a good or bad idea, proceed with caution since you may not get exactly what you want. There are rarely "do overs" when it comes to tattoos.

JenniferMBlack
11-03-2017, 04:47 PM
I personally don't get the appeal of tattoos so none here. I agree with Meliissa on the faces. I have seen some that domt look right at all and others that look good. so would also say proceed with caution and pick and artist carefully.
Kayliedaskope why would she say her name is Steve and not Abbey? Funny thought though.

Micki_Finn
11-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Abbey:

A portrait would be weird, but you could totally get an American Traditional style pin-up of yourself! The style is a little “cartoony” so it would totally work and nobody would know it was “you” unless you told them.

- - - Updated - - -

my wife and I got henna tats of a rose on stem (about 6" long) on our outer calf (both on the left) while on our honeymoon. Took hers almost 6 months and mine closer to a year before they totally faded away. It was ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Are you sure it was Henna they used? Those usually only last a couple WEEKS, not months...

Dana44
11-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I do not have any tat's at all. But my girlfriend has thirteen tats. Some are nice. Like the eye of Horus. But I see a broken heart on every encounter of the sexual time. Yeah she had her heart broken and got that tat. So be careful on what tats you get.

Nikki.
11-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Why would you have a tat of yourself?

Hmmmmmm?

Cindy M
11-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Here’s my tattoo. It’s definately girly and I don’t really try to hide it, but a short sleeve shirt covers it completely.

Cindy

Abbey11
11-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Thanks Micki, great idea

Kayliedaskope
11-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Kayliedaskope why would she say her name is Steve and not Abbey? Funny thought though.

I was just using "Steve" as an example - I don't know what Abbey's drab name is. But yes, I mentioned that simply for the giggles it brought.

Tracii G
11-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Why not?

Not saying one can't but kind of narcissistic don't you think?
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Being tattooed is just so common now there will be soon be 80 year old grannies that look like the spent their lives in prison.

DIANEF
11-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Not for me, never seen the appeal of them.

Ineke Vashon
11-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Me neither. I'd hate to donate my body and wind up like somebody's lamp shade:eek:

Ineke

Tracii G
11-03-2017, 11:43 PM
It puts the lotion on !!!!!

natalie_cheryl
11-04-2017, 03:24 AM
I have s fee tattoos, I only actively try to hide one on my chest, as it's a face and it looks to masculine to be tattoo on a woman's breast. I've gotten fairly good at using make up to cover it up.

Renee36c
11-04-2017, 06:45 AM
I have a rose just above my butt and its very feminine

CarlaWestin
11-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Cindy, I love your Hello Kitty Cupcake tattoo. It's so girly and prissy.
Personally, I have no tats or piercings (yet) because severe birth defects left me with enough scars to deal with.
But, I've always fantasized about having full back seam fishnets, six strap garter belt, lace panties and peekaboo bra, all in black, permanently tattooed.
Along with full makeup, lipstick and eye shadow. And, thanking Mistress for the gift every day!

Now that's a fantasy

Piora
11-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Never had the desire to permanently disfigure my skin. My opinion is that art belongs on the walls - not on a person's skin. I don't get it that people have them - but each to his or her own, I guess. I dislike them more on women than on other guys.

terza
11-04-2017, 03:39 PM
discreet and sexy...

Tracii G
11-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Terza I have no idea what your tattoo is could you explain it for us.

Another thing I don't get is tattooing a saying on your arm or a paragraph tattooed on your side or back.
Seems silly to put something on your back because you aren't going to see it anyway.

terza
11-05-2017, 12:51 AM
tracii g.
it is a tree w/ hearts surrounding --located below my waist backside.
people do use mirrors to view themselves

Robyn-aus
11-05-2017, 05:05 AM
284050My lower back Tatt

Tracii G
11-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks Terza.

JustJoni
11-05-2017, 11:44 AM
The only I tattoo I have currently is my memorial tattoo honoring my first late wife. It is on my upper left shoulder. The Latin is "Love never dies"

Cindy M
11-14-2017, 07:54 PM
New tattoo this weekend. Googled “Star Tattoos” and looked at alot of designs. Wife helped me pick what I wanted and my artist made it reality. She’s very talented.

Rhandi Spencer
11-15-2017, 09:42 AM
I have several tattoo's. Most of them have so much meaning to me that I they cause me no grief when I dress plus they are easily covered. I even keep them covered in drab.
I had a wild hair to get some tattoo's on my lower leg and they are very masculine. Even if I did not cross dress I regret getting these tattoo's and for many reasons. So when I dress I always wear either dark hose, dark stockings or tights to cover them up.
I have attempted make up to cover them, but found that was time consuming and did not work very well. I have a pinup on my right thigh and it is the one tattoo I would show off in either mode. Totally love this one.

My wife has multiple tattoo's and she never covers them up, but they all work well on her.

Cheers

Tracii G
11-15-2017, 12:55 PM
What is the meaning of 9 stars Cindy.
I know what one star is supposed to mean.

Cindy M
11-15-2017, 07:44 PM
There is no meaning. I just liked them... and with sprinkles! Had my Wife's name and a couple of hearts added below Hello Kitty. Just expressing myself. Like I mentioned before, I can put on a short sleeve shirt and nothing shows. I look normal. (I'm not) :)

Rica
11-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Hi, have any of you ladies considered or may already have, a tattoo of you femme self ?

It's something that has crossed my mind and I'm having some temporary tats printed to see what I think.

Let me know your views

Hugs
Abbey x

I think that's a great idea. A really neat caricature of your other self. You might have to explain it though. Your face is really cute so I bet it would look terrific.

Stephanie43
11-16-2017, 03:07 AM
I have three. One represents my time in the military, which is easily covered since it’s on my upper arm. The second one is on the inside of my bicep, which is also easily covered. The third is on the inside of my forearm, which is just lettering (specific to my wife and I). One out of the three is obviously masculine. The other two I would say are neutral.

I don’t think I would personally get feminine style ink anywhere on my body, but I wouldn’t fault any of us that do.

Ashleyrobyn831
11-16-2017, 05:22 PM
I have many tattoos, and other than my wedding ring, they all are pretty much unisex; children's names in cursive script, etc. The only one that might be interpreted as "masculine" is on my shoulder I have a cross with ribbon banners above and below, but even that one I get more comments and questions from women than men. However, my favorite tat, a stylized butterfly on my forearm, seems to be interpreted as feminine only in context of my presentation as a woman-- meaning if I were to present myself as male, it seems like people would view that tat as masculine.2844822844822844822844822844822844822844 82284482284482284482284482284482284482284482284482 284482

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, no idea why it copied the picture all those times. Sorry about that.

AubriMikayla
11-18-2017, 12:45 AM
I am in the same boat as Heidi. I have many tattoos, most are very masculine but hideable with the right clothing. My entire left leg is a dragon sleeve from hip to ankle so It is dark hose or tights for me