PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Want To Wear Women's Clothes?

deebra
11-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Looking for some good answers and reasons why you want to, why you don't stop, can you stop, why should you stop.

Georgina
11-02-2017, 08:48 AM
I wear women's clothes because I like how they look and feel. I like seeing my legs in hose and my feet in high heeled shoes. I like finishing my day's work and changing into clothes that are totally different. When wearing female clothes the feel good factor is out of this world and why would I want to stop. I am me in whatever clothes I am wearing so I have no gender issues.

Elizabeth G
11-02-2017, 08:58 AM
I see two ways to approach this question. From a top level crossdressing is stress relief, it feels good, it helps me express my feminine side etc. Digging deeper gets into the underlying causes of dressing and if I could truly answer those questions I would probably be a very successful therapist :lol:

Krisi
11-02-2017, 09:01 AM
"Why Do You Want To Wear Women's Clothes?"

Because my men's clothes don't fit over my breast forms and hip and butt padding!

Seriously, I don't know why and I long ago gave up worrying about it. I can probably tell you why an engine or motor won't run but the human mind is a mystery. Nobody can tell why a person does something although many will try to make you believe they can.

Charlotte7
11-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Because, for me, it's the most natural thing to do

Jennifer_Ph
11-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Because they are not BORING!

aly01
11-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Cause of the way they feel and look. They are so amazing.

Jayne44C
11-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Looking for some good answers and reasons why you want to, why you don't stop, can you stop, why should you stop.

I have since I was little, like many, because I felt some attraction to the clothing. I still like the way they look and the way I feel when I wear them. It feels very natural, an extension of myself. I explain it like the imaginary characters from he movie "A Beautiful Mind", the John Nash story. The desire to dress is always with me, 24/7. It's just that the life I've CHOSEN to lead hasn't allowed to me to do it as I want. Can I stop, as in never dress again? Probably not, I have stopped for very long periods, yes...years even. During those times I have found other outlets for the desire to do it.

May I ask the same questions of you Deebra? :)

NancySue
11-02-2017, 09:58 AM
I don’t know but I think it is genetic, but needed a “trigger” which flipped on at age 5 or 6 when, for some unknown reason, motivated me to try on a pair of nylon stockings. The pleasure, feelings, sensations, etc. are indescribable, as much today as back then. The pink fog is with me, to some degree 24/7. It’s not the “wanting to” but the “need to”. Can I stop? I suppose, but why? It leads to tension, frustration, etc. as if there isn’t enough around already. I enjoy the comfort and image. My wife can’t understand what comfort there is in underwires, hose, heels, etc. I just smile 😊.

Amy Lynn3
11-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I am not positive of the root cause, why? I just love crossdressing and all things pertaining to it. I just want to enjoy it. Sorry, for such a shallow answer.

Dana44
11-02-2017, 10:07 AM
It has always been natural for me. I stopped many times through my working years. Now that I am retired, I would never stop.

Stephanie47
11-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Actually I don't want to wear women's clothing. For some reason I "need" to wear women's clothing. Life would be a lot simpler if I was not a cross dresser. I've always taken the approach to questions such as your's that there is a difference between the "Why" and "What wearing women's clothing does for me?" Why would any man endure the disapproval of society or the contentious interactions with a wife and family members? Logic would tell us not to do it. Yet, we still do it. I was deeply troubled as a young teenager. What drove me to suddenly don my first feminine garment which was a white nylon full slip? I know what enticed me to do it. It was the lure of the fabric. I fondled those slips and liked their feel. So, I tried one on. Then I was attracted to my mother's floor length nylon night gowns. Again, the feel lured me. But what the heck lured me to the rest of it; the stockings and girdle, the panty, the dress, smeared on makeup, hair spray? It never made sense. I cannot recall anything I incurred in my mouth. I had no sisters. I had no female cousins. I did not play with girls. I was strictly all boy. But, something or someone drove me to it.

So, I do not have a clue why I engage in this anti societal behavior. I suspect one of two things. There is a dna component to my activity. There is a sliver of some gene that governs this activity. Why does a person become an alcoholic? Or obese? Or a drug user? I think when my male personna needs a break...needs to hide away..."she" comes out. Yes, it is all too common on this forum to read the words, "stress relief." I can push those manly pressure cooker things away. I can become a pseudo woman. I can bake a cake or prepare a meal attired in male clothing just as well as attired as a woman. But, yet I feel different.

Oh, there is so much latitude in styles. I still and always will love the feel of nylon panties and slips on my rear end and legs. Nylon is still a lure. But, there is also the fabrics. And, the colors and the patterns. As a child I was artistic. I love to draw and did win some prizes in school. I still love growing flowers for their beauty..the forms and colors.

So, there is something or someone else who has influenced me. I never gave it much thought until the last five years when my wife started to watch programs on "past life experiences." Was there someone lingering inside me who influenced me? Perhaps. Long before I put on that first slip I did have a vivid recollection of I as a young woman. The dream was horrific. The image is still imprinted in my mind. Where or why would a four year old get such dreams?

I'm a peace with what I do and totally satisfied with my journey through life. We have made it together.

~Joanne~
11-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Good ole "Why?" never an answer to the question and even if you do get close to one, it's never enough to stave off further questions. If we knew the answer to this then we wouldn't have a hard time trying to explain it to others. Life would be simpler.

I also agree with Stephanie, Need is a better word.

Cheryl T
11-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Why would I stop?? This is who I am.
I don't know why and I have given up caring why. I have accepted myself and I love myself.

Why do I do it? I have no clue, but my feelings are that it's genetic. I have my reasons for this but suffice it to say it's not a choice, it's more a calling and I answered...

Melissa Geery
11-02-2017, 11:35 AM
I want to wear them because of the good feelings I have when I do and because it helps me accept all of who I am. I've explored whether it was influence of sisters and mom, early sexual experiences tied to wearing lingerie and pantyhose and panties, an escape from the stresses of my every day life. I echo others in saying the "why" is elusive. I don't stop because it feels like stopping is rejecting a part of me. I don't know that I could stop. If I viewed it as harmful to my relationships I could stop with help. Because my partner is accepting of this part of me, and because it is done privately I don't think I should stop. Do you feels as though you should stop Deebra?

Debra Russell
11-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Why? because it feels normal and always has, as for stopping - no reason to.....................Debra

CD Tammy
11-02-2017, 11:47 AM
I wear women’s clothing because I love the way they look and feel on me. Nothing makes my legs look as sexy as pantyhose.

docrobbysherry
11-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Because it's exciting! It turns me on! It's an ever changing past time with no limits or end! I love how they feel and I look!:daydreaming:

And, I enjoy going out and socializing with other dressers!:hugs:

Jaylyn
11-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Have always been attracted to them and they feel good on me when Im wearing soft n silky things under the clothes. I love looking in the mirror after I'm dressed in my outfits and think I should have been a GG at birth. It's something inside me that has come and gone over and over in my life. It's hard to stop but I did somewhat slow down to a very slow once or twice a year thru college and raising kids. After I retired it has come back with a stronger appeal and with a vengeance. I love it more now than ever before.

Kayliedaskope
11-02-2017, 12:02 PM
There are about as many answers to this as there are crossdressers. For me, the answer is, the clothing feels nicer, the materials are so much softer and prettier, and although I probably could stop, I have no real desire to. Everything femme just feels so much better.

Alice B
11-02-2017, 12:05 PM
I will never know "why". I do know I need to express the female side of my personality. I like the feel of female clothing and I love the look when fully dressed with make up and wig. It is relaxing and does relieve stress, but I did not know any of this when I started.

RADER
11-02-2017, 12:08 PM
OK, Yes it does relax me, and they feel good wearing them; Bringing out the Fem side of me.
But part of it just might be the wearing of something that Society says that I am not allow to do.
In short, I am getting away with a NO-NO. I know it is a flimsy reason, but I just thought of it,
And I did not see anyone else bring up the subject. So I did.
I just like wearing a Skirt or a Dress.
Rader

Jennie2
11-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Hi Deebra
Just to echo what everyone else has said, I'm just doing what my body tells me to do, it's so natural, I feel special when dressed and I love dressing but given the choice and the hurt it has brought on my wife and marriage I wouldn't choose to wear women's clothes unless I needed to, but I couldn't stop now I enjoy it too much.

Jennie

Rachael Leigh
11-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Each day as I go thru my transition it becomes natural and I’ve always liked the look and feel of ladies clothing

macada10
11-02-2017, 12:46 PM
I feel myself powerful

Beverley Sims
11-02-2017, 01:19 PM
I am happy in my own little world.

This has not always been the case, I have two identities and enjoy using them.

I don't think I could ever stop, I don't want to either.

deebra
11-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Jayne44C let me answer:

I believe I was born with a part of my brain being feminine and therefore on certain things I think and have feminine needs just like a woman and I satisfy these needs by wearing girl clothes and emulating women and I love it, it's as natural as eating when you are hungry.
Also my blood type was checked at birth and it was CD feminine, not AB negative, this is another reason I wear a bra and panties but it was a pink thong today.
I love to see women with killer bodies, pretty faces and how nice they look in their clothes; I also like when they bend over and show cleavage, nice butts and beautiful legs, this wants me to be like them and yes I find this sexy. Men and their clothes look nice when they are properly dressed but the two feelings are as different as a tricycle and a race car.
I agree with all the good female feelings described above and it's with me 24/7.
Just got home from shopping, wore heeled booties, tight girl jeans, top and undies, blended just fine. Bought a bra, panties and two tops, wearing the bra and panties now under tight girl shorts and the new top.
Man, I Feel Like A Woman!!!

IleneD
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I feel myself powerful

Absolutely love your answer, Macada. Me too. (read my signature line!)

The answer may be slightly different for every man enthralled with women's clothing; so complex a behavior and motivations. But I think my wife summed it up best (when we were discussing my CD behavior). She was researching CD/TG for her own informative benefit. She said she didn't Google "crossdressing" or " transgender". She Googled "men who want to be women". Makes sense, and just about sums it up.

At the root core of all the behavior, be it CD or TG, we are Men Who Wish To Be Women [in some form or another]. I'm not ashamed, BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Each day as I go thru my transition it becomes natural ....

Rachel,
So glad to read that. It DOES become more natural. It just feels right.
Most of all, it's great to read that you are growing, progressing and becoming the woman you know inside you are. Be at peace.

DIANEF
11-02-2017, 01:42 PM
There's a lot to be said of us being' born this way' if that is true or not for everyone I don't know. For me it is not for relaxation or the thrill of it (maybe in my youth), but it just feels 'right' presenting as a female. Why do I like Chinese food and not Indian? It is just the way it is. I'm not sure if I'll ever know the true answer, but I do know it is part of me and always has been.

Jenny22
11-02-2017, 01:48 PM
As Deebra said, I truly believe I was born with a very strong feminine side.I dress to present it, love it, and could not stop.

ronni white
11-02-2017, 03:02 PM
It may have been designed for women but it is mine - therefore not women's clothing.

Nikki A.
11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Why? I don't really know but I've been attracted to the clothing from a very young age.
Can I stop? Absolutely, but I have no reason or inclination to stop. As far as I'm concerned I think I'd like to go further rather stop.

audreyinalbany
11-02-2017, 03:54 PM
well first off: I don't want to wear women's clothes...I want to present as a woman. Why would someone want to present as a woman?? Well, for one thing, women are WAY BETTER than men. Men are kind of irritating, and while I don't mind being one, Isure do enjoy getting away from that every so often and blending in with the girls

Patty-Fay
11-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Like Stephanie47, I wish I didn't do this! But in my case, I think it's that I'm sexually attracted to the feminine: pretty girls and the pretty clothes they wear. It is this attraction that compels me to want to be one of them (from time to time).

Rayleen
11-02-2017, 05:00 PM
I like wearing women clothe because it feels normal for me, always did from my youth, where itwill brings me, future will tell.

MissEllie
11-02-2017, 05:21 PM
I wear them because I feel more comfortable wearing some high heels and a nice dress than I do wearing a men's jeans and a sweatshirt. Even when I was younger, I didn't feel right wearing boys clothes and something didn't feel right but because of my age and circumstances at the time, I couldn't be who I wanted to be. Now as Im older, I can express myself how I want and it feels incredible. I get so excited when I buy some new lingerie, a new dress or a pair of heels and I never feel that when buying anything male related.

Fiona123
11-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Because I am transgender. Dressing makes me feel authentic. Happy too. As an added benefit dressing in feminine attire is hella sensual.

Michaelasfun
11-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Ive just developed a real disdain for men's clothes due to so much monochrome, boring colors; women's items are so much more colorful and it brings me happiness with the bright colors & selection.

terza
11-02-2017, 08:00 PM
the texture and on a lesser extent, the visuals, heightens my sensation --which can overwhelm highly stressful states (of mind.)
i work in finance in major cities, currently nyc, and men's clothes can be expressive and exciting, and expensive. i like dressing up male when it is called for, but it can't compete with the sensory overload of feminine attire.

Confucius
11-02-2017, 08:12 PM
I wear women's clothes because I need to.
I believe it's just the way my brain is hardwired.

I think that when I wear women's clothes, by brain has an automatic and involuntary response. It releases a host of neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and others) which produce sensations of well being, pleasure. gratification and personal fulfillment. It releases stress and makes me happy. That's enough of a reason for me.

lingerieLiz
11-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Long before I knew the difference in clothes for the sexes, I was maybe 2 or 3 in a room full of women getting ready to go out. They were doing their makeup and wearing their slips. I watched them pull their slips up and gently guide their nylons up over their legs and attach them to their suspenders. Everyone was happy and I knew then that one day I would be doing that. When I was 5 my mother put me in my sister's panties one day as I was out of clean underwear. That was the day that I wanted to wear panties for the rest of my life.

Bea A
11-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Its what I feel I'm supposed to wear. Women wear women's clothes. I identify more as a woman than a man. The very few men's clothes I have are a "necessary evil".

Sometimes Steffi
11-02-2017, 10:39 PM
I like how I look in women's clothes. I like how I feel in women's clothes. I like the process of dressing up and transforming myself. I like that women have so many choices in styles, colors and materials, quite unlike men. I like putting together an outfit, finding the perfect skirt to go with my favorite top. In some sense it's an engineering problem, but one where form matters more than function. And, to top it off, I love shopping for women's clothes. Honestly, I never understood what "retail therapy" meant, until I learned to shop for women's clothes.

As a guy, I shop like a hunter. Go into the store, and grab a couple of shirts in my usual size and color. As a guy, if the store doesn't have it's sizes and colors organized, I just walk out.

As a girl, I'm a gatherer. I'm willing to go through a whole rack of clothes, piece by piece. My favorite shopping place is "Final Act" super discount sections at Macy's. In terms of price and selection, it's like shopping at a thrift store, and there are amazing deals to be found if you have the patience.

Tracii G
11-02-2017, 10:41 PM
It feels like the right thing to do.
It makes my mind in sync my body.

Sallee
11-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Ditto to all the other answers and I think it is FUN

Lindabrown
11-03-2017, 12:29 AM
I like to look pretty,its exciting. I love to emulate
attractive and sexy young women.

alwayshave
11-03-2017, 05:25 AM
I have always been drawn to women's clothing. My earliest memories is wearing my mother's Merry Widow 4/5 years of age. If I had to chose though it is the fabrics.

susan54
11-03-2017, 05:56 AM
I have asked myself this question many times. I have answers but not an explanation. My mother was a very stylish woman in terms of her outfits and poise. Freud would tell you I am attempting to gain her approval. I was brought up surrounded by wonderful fabrics and colours and I wanted to experience this for myself. I tried it and I loved it. Though the fabrics are good what I like most is how I look. Women have told me I look better in women's clothes than men's - somehow they suit me. Though I say so myself, I have fabulous legs that some women friends have said should always be on show. I have breast forms but do not use hip padding - my waist is narrower than my hips. I find the clothes more comfortable - I do not wear shapeware and some bras are more comfortable than others and I tend not to wear heels on pavements for long periods so I avoid the more tedious aspects of womenswear. I find panties and sheer tights less restricting on my nether regions than male underwear and trousers (I never wear women's trousers though I own some). Because the look is so important to me I have had my colours and style professionally assessed (House of Colour - highly recommended) and that feeling that in a particular outfit you have absolutely aced it is unbeatable. Having said that I have had the same analyses as a male and there is no doubt that when you put on the suit and tie and get that right it can feel almost as good - but that tie is never going to be comfortable. The ability to wear a skirt or dress most of the time (except at work, where I am part time) gives me a wonderful range of choice I would not have as a man.. I dislike make up and find wigs uncomfortable so only use them when going out as Susan, something that has fallen to just a few times a year rather than a few times a month. In summary, skirts and dresses and everything that goes with them are FUN - I can have that fun even as a man, and I do. Women clearly get pleasure from their clothes and it may be that the clothes have an attraction in themselves. I look at some dresses and wonder how anyone can NOT want to wear this. Obviously a bra and forms takes the experience beyond just clothing (clothes have no gender - people do) but the reality is that women's clothes look better if worn with a bust because they were designed for this. Anyway, even though I do not regard myself as a woman when dressed up, there is a certain satisfaction in achieving an elegant womanly appearance and getting the outfit together - I would not dream of wearing stuff that did not work together. Perhaps the urge to be the best I can be at wearing women's clothes is actually a male trait? Those who identify as women would be horrified by the thought that this was a hobby, but perhaps for some of us it is just that - it is compulsive, and I spend a LOT of time and money on it but in the end it is of value only to me (and rather too many retailers!), so it is a bit selfish in that respect. Though lots of women have a compulsive need to keep buying new clothes and clearly have something similar to us (similar but not the same) these women generally get rid of stuff to make room for the new. I only get rid of things that fall apart or no longer fit and can't justify alteration so that my wardrobe of skirts, dresses, tops and shoes is at a level that would be regarded as a bit disturbed in a women, let alone a man. I have a large house so have room for my 1000 skirts, almost 900 dresses and about 2000 tops, with 250-300 pairs of shoes and a corresponding choice of underwear and accessories. I know - it is bonkers - but I love it. Have I answered the question - probably not - but it was fun thinking about it.

SaraLin
11-03-2017, 06:47 AM
Simple question.

Very difficult to answer.

For me, I've always known that I was supposed to be a girl - but I also knew that I wasn't one. Praying for God to fix it when I was little and promising to be 'real good' so he could see I deserved it didn't help.

Somehow I wanted (needed?) to be as feminine as I could, but with a VERY male, angry, frequently drunk father in the formative years limited my options severely.
I wasn't allowed to grow my hair long. playing with my sister's stuff was too.
I took to more neutral activities like reading, watching TV, and playing tag (etc) with the neighborhood kids.
Still - I WANTED to be a girl, and needed to let that side out somehow. So- I would sneak some of my sister's clothes and put them on at night.
I also discovered that spending the night at my grandparents got me to wear one of her housedresses as pajamas, since they didn't have anything for me to wear. LOVED IT!

So - long story short (too late?) I dress as a way to allow my feminine side to express itself. I've tried going 'all the way' as well as quitting completely. Neither worked for me. Wearing something feminine all the time, but being for the most part closeted, seems to work the best for me.

ellbee
11-03-2017, 06:59 AM

First, it's not a want -- but a need. At least for me, anyway.

"I need to wear a dress -- right now! Hmm, let's see... I suppose I want to wear the slinky blue one. Just not feeling the red poofy one today."

See the difference? ;)

Believe me, if this was a true "want," I don't feel I would have ever put on my first fem article of clothing. *And* kept on doing it off & on my entire life, starting from a fairly young age. *And* suffered all the consequences of doing so, in all sorts of ways.

To me, "want" means I have the choice to do something, or not to do something.

"Needing" to do something, means I pretty much have no say in the matter, that I just have to go along for the ride.

Now that that's out of the way... :D

Yes, I have stopped. Sometimes I had forced myself to -- yet that only seemed to make it come roaring back somewhere down the road.

Other times, I let the stop come naturally. Of course, it still eventually comes back on its own. Without all the extreme swings associated with the above, however.

*Why* should I stop? I suppose it would make my life easier in certain ways. Albeit perhaps less fun, less "unique," less interesting. But having a more "normal" life would enable me to fit in better with more people, I suppose. It would give me more confidence & more of an ability, in a way, to do certain things in life that most people have a much easier time with, without all this CD'ing/gender "baggage" holding them back.

Of course, the same could also be said of being a little taller, having more money, being more extroverted, etc.

Hey, I accept & embrace the hand I was dealt with in this life... The good, the bad, and the ugly.

No other way, really. Just gotta make the most of it. :thumbsup:

CynthiaD
11-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Because I hate wearing weird clothes all the time. Most of the time I just want to wear something normal: skirts and dresses.

Teri Ray
11-03-2017, 08:56 AM
I believe if I knew the answer to this question I would know everything.

IleneD
11-03-2017, 08:57 AM
.......I sure do enjoy getting away from that every so often and blending in with the girls

Audrey,
Another great response on this thread.
It makes a point very well that I had not prior given consideration to about my CD motivations. I lived deep inside "the world of men", in the armed forces, a 'manly' profession. I was immersed in manliness, old fashioned honor (codes, etc), dangerous stuff, all of it.
What a great way, physically - spiritually - psychologically - to get away from the madness of it all.

rockerreds
11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
(a)Because I feel more relaxed in them.
(b)Because there is more variety in them.
(c)Because I look great in them!

jennifer0918
11-03-2017, 10:32 AM
It feels like me inside

AngieStone
11-03-2017, 10:47 AM
It makes me feel so comfortable and relaxed when I am dressed, in other words just being myself

Maria Blackwood
11-03-2017, 10:58 AM
I know now that I would have been far happier in life if I had been born female. Crossdressing in private is a way to feel feminine, and given my particular combination of brain wiring, world view and laziness, this setup provides the greatest emotional ROI, and is the current peak of my psychosexual Laffer curve.

Susan Smith
11-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Because they're not 'womens' clothes , they're my clothes

Trione
11-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Because they are more comfortable and a better variety of styles to chose from

Susan Smokes
11-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Why You Want To:
After 50 plus years of being just a male, I want to try and experience, what it is like to feel, look, and present myself as a female. I know I will always be a male, but I need to express my feminine side, and crossdressing allows me to express my female tendencies.

Why You Don't Stop:
The simple answer is, because I enjoy it, and I do , but, it is also an escape from my male world. When I dress I can be stress free, feminine, sensual, and just enjoy being a crossdresser.

Can You Stop:
NO!

Why Should You Stop:
I can't think of any reason why I should.

audreyinalbany
11-03-2017, 05:10 PM
I want to wear women's clothes because I enjoy it

Heather Daniels
11-03-2017, 09:49 PM
I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question for almost 50 years. Hasn't come to me yet and probably never will. All that I do know, is that it doesn't appear to be diminishing at all.

Ineke Vashon
11-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Long ago, in spite of conflicted feelings, but before I was even aware of any crossdressing or non-manly feelings, a (platonic) long time woman friend responded to my presence in a group of women, which someone questioned, as: "he's ok, he's one of us."

My male side silently protested, but deep inside I thrilled at what I realized was a high compliment.

Perhaps she saw something deep within me, deeper than the feminine clothes I feel compelled to wear today.

Perhaps someone can explain that to me.

Ineke

Melissa Lange
11-04-2017, 01:36 AM
I'm stilling trying to answer this question for myself. I'll let people know when I figure it out.

Lacey New
11-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Well, Pat's thread on Nov 2nd - Our favorite "why" questions probably provides some scientific clues but without some confessions and testing, I don't know if any or all of the theories apply to me or not. Beyond that, I think I know why I started crossdressing. It was an exciting sexual fetish for a young boy in puberty. But why I stuck with it? Still trying to figure that out.

Amber83
11-04-2017, 11:42 PM
For me its a desire to wear girly clothes. I like how soft women's clothing are. I like the multitudes of color choices. I like how I look when dressed.I like to stay up with the current fashion trends. I actually take time to put an outfit together as opposed to being en drab where I just put on a T-shirt and jeans. If I could wear girly clothes all the time I would in a heartbeat. But that isn't an option right now.

IleneD
11-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Ineke,

Thank you. That is a very impressive and powerful story. A great psychic instinct on the part of your GG friends. Awesome.

Pat
11-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Beyond that, I think I know why I started crossdressing. It was an exciting sexual fetish for a young boy in puberty. But why I stuck with it? Still trying to figure that out.

It was so hard to decide what to include and what to leave out in that summary thread "Our favorite 'Why' questions." One of the things I left out was consideration of the idea that crossdressing might be sexually motivated. I know it's a total article of faith for many here on the forum that it's a valid motivation, but psychological studies seem to indicate the two are not strongly linked. Fetish dressing is what's termed "an extinction behavior" -- that is, with repeated dressing the sexual motivation fades away. There are many posts on this site that describe that scenario and it was the same for me as well. And if you think about it, males find many, many ways to express sexual behavior -- why pick crossdressing? Why was that the stimulus of choice? My own, half-baked, non-scientific opinion is that the sexual urge is one of the few things strong enough to overcome a male's social resistance to putting on women's clothing -- at least initially. And if they have a predisposition for crossdressing it can rapidly become the "excuse" that allows them to do it while still maintaining their masculine identity. Again, I'm not telling anyone how they feel, I'm just offering a data point for you to consider. If it resonates for you, fine. If not, fine.

DMichele
11-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Women's clothes are in harmony with my gender identity - a near-female on the transgender spectrum. I don't want to wear women's clothes, I just naturally wear them. Full disclosure - I wear men's jeans and shirts M-F at work, but when I retire out goes the men's work clothes for sure.

CONSUELO
11-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Because I am a fetishistic transvestite. I love the femininity, the feel, the range of colors, being able to wear makeup and lovely jewelry. I cannot stop because it is a fundamental part of who I am and to not dress would be to deny a large part of my personality. It would be like tearing out a large part of my being.

Danielle_cder
11-05-2017, 10:22 AM

Why I want too cause I like the way I look and feel. I'm obsessed with breasts love looking at them touching them feeling them watching them move. So wearing them seems to make sense. A man with breasts seems odd so dressing up like a woman makes having breasts not look as odd.

I don't stop because there is nothing wrong with doing it.

I probably could stop but quitters never win lol

Why should I stop....probably cause I've spent thousands and thousands on breast forms clothing hip shapers wigs

Aunt Kelly
11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
My own, half-baked, non-scientific opinion is that the sexual urge is one of the few things strong enough to overcome a male's social resistance to putting on women's clothing -- at least initially. And if they have a predisposition for crossdressing it can rapidly become the "excuse" that allows you to do it while still maintaining your masculine identity. Again, I'm not telling anyone how they feel, I'm just offering a data point for you to consider. If it resonates for you, fine. If not, fine.

Actually, it kinda does. My TG feelings predated any sexual feelings by many years. At puberty, and for a long time thereafter, dressing was an intense part of my sexuality. Then, as I came arrive at something resembling acceptance of my nature, the sexual aspect started to quickly fade. It's still there, but it's like it's way in the background and little more than a shadow of what it once was. Expressing my fem self is it's own reward now, a very different and arguably, deeper satisfaction.

BLUE ORCHID
11-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Hi Deebra :hugs:,:hugs: It is just who I am and it is just what I do,

See line #2 in my signature.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

binni101
11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
I cant say that I what to wear womens clothing. It just feels so good, the soft tight clothes, that I can´t help myself :)

Christina89
11-10-2017, 07:20 PM
I feel relaxed in them. I feel free from the world when wearing them.

Laura28
11-11-2017, 09:23 AM
I wear female cloths because it feels right. When I dress the troubles of the world disappears. I feel whole and comfortable.

Why I don’t stop? Hmmm there are times I want to but I say to my s of why? I enjoy it, it hurts none. I have gone long periods of not dressing 30 years. But know I am older I have worked hard all my life put my kids thru college have a strong family and I feel now it time for me to enjoy me. So I have no desire to stop and in fact I have taken it to new levels. I keep my self hairless (laser) I have grown my breast to a full B cup, my wife knows and really doesn’t care she just doesn’t want to see me with a wig? Everything else is fine?????? I travel a lot so I get to dress often.

Sabrina.K
11-11-2017, 09:37 AM
I've always loved girly stuff. I don't know why.

All my friends are hyper-masculine chest beaters, so I've always kept it to myself.

vicky_cd99_2
11-11-2017, 10:40 AM
I have loved them since I was young. I love dressing as a girl and trying so hard to be one when I am dressed. One of these days I am going to the golf course or stand on the casting deck of the boat as Vicky. I think she is becoming more my true self, i just wish I could fit the role better.

TrishaTX
11-11-2017, 10:43 AM
The comfortability of it is one thing. Also I just love them for feeling sexy ...I still get the thrill all these years later

kimdl93
11-11-2017, 11:45 AM
I don’t have a good answer. This has been present since a very early age...as far back as I can remember. I’ve tried on lots of different explanations over the years...AGP, fetishized dressing, TG, early childhood trauma, and persuaded myself that each was ‘why’.

At various times I’ve also tried denial and wishful thinking. At 64 and two marriages, and a life of struggle with this part of me, I’m no closer to knowing why than when i was three. I may be a bit closer to accepting myself as a good, decent, capable and worthwhile individual.

Hannahhot
11-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Simple...a unique and relaxing feeling that I enjoy. I know I don't look like a woman at all, but it's an awesome experience to "feel" sexy.

Ginni
11-12-2017, 06:25 PM
I dress to fulfill a need. When dressed as a woman I feel wonderful, I love the way the clothing feels. It feels so natural, I feel like I am myself. I never want to stop, I do not know if I could. It is a big part of who I am and I am happy with that person.

Yinlingyen
11-12-2017, 07:56 PM
It's makes me feel complete.
I love the feel of light thin fabrics on skin.
How I can bare my shoulders, arms , legs and more.
I am particularly fond of strappy dresses the flow like water and hang like mist over my body.
Sandals (heeled and flat) allow me to expose my delicate pedicured toes.
I feel sensual when I am dressed.

sometimes_miss
11-12-2017, 07:59 PM
why you want to,
During a period when I was being molested on a regular basis, my abuser convinced me that I was really supposed to be a girl. He would dress me in his sister's clothes, and it was during those times when, during or after sex, he would caress me, and that being the only physical affection I ever knew as a child. So I connected being dressed as a girl, to affection. For all those years, I also believed that god had forgotten about me, but by being good, god would notice and fix me and make me into the girl I was supposed to be. This left me with the feeling that I was always supposed to be wearing girl clothes. By the age of 14, I was sure that this was correct, and the idea that I was going to become a girl was firmly stuck into my mind. Apparently after going through those particular stages of development and believing that I was really a girl, that mindset 'stuck' into my personality, and that feeling (that I'm supposed to be a girl) is still present with me to this day.

why you don't stop
Because while dressed as a male, I have this constant feeling of being in the wrong clothes, and the wrong role in life. The simplest way to explain it to someone who has never felt anything like this, is, imagine you're at a formal dinner. Everyone else is in a tux or an evening gown. But YOU'RE in a bathing suit. Doesn't matter whether it's a men's or woman's bathing suit. You're just simply going to feel that you're in the wrong clothes. That's how I feel pretty much all the time when I'm dressed as a guy.

can you stop
Yes, but that brings with it the feeling of frustration that comes with always feeling uncomfortable. After extended periods of ONLY dressing as a male, I usually get very short tempered, and have trouble concentrating. As I've found that the desire to crossdress is constant, my mind CAN repress the desire if all else in my life is going well. There was a period from my early twenties until my thirties where I didn't crossdress at all, and thought that I had 'beaten it'. A few years later, when my life became more stress filled, my mind couldn't hold back the desire to crossdress, to the desire overwhelmed me, and I started crossdressing again. It was this that made me realize how our minds can work to repress or consciously suppress the desires, and how undue stress can make us likely to do things we would normally not do.

why should you stop.
Because crossdressing interferes with the likelyhood of my finding a romantic partner. Very, very few women find a crossdressed man sexually attractive; perhaps less than one tenth of one percent of the female population, or even less. A few will tolerate us, but usually only the ones who are already 'stuck' with us through marriage. The number of women who seek out crossdressers to date are few; few enough to be virtually zero. I've been using the personals now for 20 years, and have never met such a woman, though there are supposedly a few GG's on this forum who actively look for a crossdresser for a mate. Those, out of what, 4 billion females on the planet? Not such good odds.
Still, until I find such a woman, I don't see the point of stopping crossdressing and feeling fidgety, aggravated and short tempered all the time. So I split my time, dating as a straight man, and in private spending my time dressed as the girl that I'm stuck feeling like I'm supposed to be.

Dana44
11-12-2017, 09:37 PM
For me it is the trill for me and who I am. I never knew and I am a DES son. I figured that it did me and I am gender fluid.

krissy
11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
It makes me happy and i feel at peace inside not fighting with myself.whole as one complete person.Oh and i love the feel of the clothes

RainbowDash
11-13-2017, 04:50 PM
I want to because I want to look like a woman and because I feel very much like one when I dress up. Not to mention that womens' clothes feel softer than mens', and I absolutely hate taking them off if I have to. Women have way many more options than men when it comes to dressing up and they look great.
I don't stop simply because I don't want to stop. I love dressing up for the reasons already stated. I know for sure I cannot stop even if I wanted to, because I'm already in this thing way too deep and have already spent quite a bit of money on it, and I know I'll buy a lot more. Even if I did stop, which is extremely unlikely, I would not purge a single thing, and I am 200% positive that I'd eventually go back to crossdressing. Only reason I can think of to stop is fear of friends and family finding out. But that will never stop me.... I'm very sneaky and a good liar, not to mention I do not have a SO to worry about, so I'm basically free to do what I want.

Rica
11-15-2017, 01:24 AM
If there were no rules in society I think I would do it just because I like the way I look. I'm kinda leggy and like to show off I guess. In reality it's kinda risky and exciting. I went to a costume party recently and dressed up, and because I sort of had social permission, it was awesome. The attention was so amazing.

Gemmajane
11-15-2017, 03:52 AM
I dress because it is the nearest thing to being a woman. I love being a woman. I have crossdressed since I was 16 and although I have tried to stop many times I always begin again. I love everything about being a woman. Having to wear boring male clothes and suits everyday I can't wait to get home, shower and get changed into something lovely looking and sexy feeling. I have spent a fortune on clothes and will probably spend as much again in coming years. I love the feel of stockings on my legs and high heels on my feet. I love to look in the mirror and see my female made up face looking back at me. I don't have a SO to worry about anymore as she couldn't cope with my dressing so I can wear what I want when I want and feel great. I go out dressed most weekends with a bunch of fellow gurls and we have a great time. My life has never been so exciting. So why would I ever want to stop. I hate the end of the day when "she" has to go back in the wardrobe and my mundane male existence takes over. I wouldn't give up dressing for anything. Why should I. At the end of the day I am me and I love every minute of the female me.

Rachel05
11-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Because I replay enjoy doing so, it makes me feel nice inside and relaxes me, I like female clothes way better than male clothes, I have dressed for close on 50 years now, I don't want to stop, I see absolutely no reason to stop and I can think of no single reason why I would stop, it is part of who I am and I feel amazing when I dress

immike
11-18-2017, 01:46 PM
I love to look at a beautiful woman,dressed in a short mini skirt,off-black pantyhose,silky soft blouse&heels&I begin to imagine how it would feel being dressed just like her? I get electric feelings putting on pantyhose,closing a silk blouse&pulling a mini skirt up&
tucking the blouse in and stepping into a pair of high heels&looking at myself in the mirror.I have even more fun sitting at my sisters makeup table&trying on her blonde wig&doing my makeup

Robyn16
11-18-2017, 02:42 PM
I like the fit and feel, also the style and fashion and most importantly it just feels right :battingeyelashes:

Wendy me
11-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Hi my name is WENDY ....of corse WENDY
Wears women's clouthes it's puts the
Brain and outside package together

If WENDY wore men's clouthing she woul be Bob

KimberlyJean
11-19-2017, 07:44 AM
It is not a want it is a need. If I suppress it too long it becomes an overwhelming need. If I could choose, my life would be alot easier if I didn't need to wear my clothes.

dtride
12-13-2017, 02:12 AM
I like the way the clothes feel when you put them on, stepping into high heels is so sexy, it is just the right thing to do for me. I love to dress.

Julia96
12-13-2017, 03:05 AM
I want to because a nice pair of panties just feels right and I feel so sexy wearing them. I don't, can't, and shouldn't stop because there's nothing wrong with embracing this side of me :)

EllenJo
12-13-2017, 11:22 AM
It just feels right. When dressed as female I feel normal.

Julie Slowinski
12-13-2017, 06:04 PM
It makes me happy and hurts no one....

krissy
12-22-2017, 10:54 PM
its who i am when i dress i feel so happy and content also complete.cant get it enough lol

Kandi Robbins
12-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Why do I want to? F'd if I know!

Why don't I stop? As we all know, we can manage it, but it's always there. I don't stop because I am happy and I was tired of being unhappy.

Can you stop? Stop? No. Manage it? Probably, but no reason to.

Why should I stop? Unless my wife requests that I do (hasn't happened yet and I don't expect it will), I see no reason to stop. Who am I hurting?

SabrinaEmily
12-23-2017, 02:39 PM
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

SHINY-J
12-23-2017, 04:59 PM

I honestly can’t verbalize why I have a dressing fetish... and for me, it is a fetish. I keep my dressing VERY secret. I like being a guy and doing guy things and I guarantee that if any of my friends and family found out, that they would truly be shocked because it’s so different from my guy persona...

I can say that I love sexy, shiny clothes and shoes and all my femme clothes are very sexy, Wild, outrageous, and over the top... all of my boots and heels are sky high platforms and I wear massive breast forms and huge hip and butt padding with tightly cinched corsets to give me an impossible curvy cartoon figure... I just love the over the top outrageous look when I dress..
I know that my sexual fantasies change as well when I dress as I fantasize more about the “taboo” of it all and imagine the humiliation of being caught and it gives me an unbelievable thrill! I also imagine being overpowered by “alpha males” and be used by them... it’s never a specific man... a certain actor, or celebrity... it’s a nameless, faceless, ripped stud that I’m completely exposed in front of and completely helpless! And I love it! But it’s so different from who o really am 99percent of the time as a straight guy. I only want to date and be in relationships with women.

As hard as it is to explain, the closest thing I can compare it to is being addicted to drugs or alcohol... although, i don’t have any substance abuse problems and have never dealt with anything like that, or being addicted to cigarettes, gambling, etc.. I very much feel like I am addicted to dressing. I know many would argue that it’s not actuallly, chemically, or physically possible to have an actual addiction to women’s clothing and shoes, but that’s the one thing that I truly feel helpless towards...

As for stopping,... I wish I could. I honestly do. It has cost me SO much money and has been a MAJOR problem in past relationships with women. I spend WAY too much money on femme clothes and there have been times where I’ve blown off certain events, occasions, dates, and even work.. because I NEEDED to dress... I know it sounds crazy, but I’d zip home from work for lunch and there’d be a box at the front door of some new article of femme clothing and I would have to try it on and then have to call in to work and take the rest of the day off because I needed to stay home and dress.

I’ve also put myself in somewhat of a financial hole because I can’t stop buying my femme clothes and shoes. There’s one plus size shiny, black lame’ bustier and panty set made by Seven til midnight that fits me so well, and looks and feels so good that I have literally bought 27 of them because they were being discontinued and I wanted to make sure that I got as many as I could before they were all gone because I knew I will ALWAYS want to wear it! Sure, I got them on sale, but It still cost me a fair amount of money! I did the same thing with some platform chap boots made by pleaser... I got 4 pairs because they were being discontinued... and they’re over 120 bucks a pair!

Now in my defense, with my curvy and outrageous dressing style, - plus being 6’4” and 200 pounds- and with my massive breaths forms- I need to find shiny clothing that’s a size 3X MINIMUM... and with N cup breast forms that weigh 11 pounds each and have 12 inches of protrusion, I would do better with 5x or even 6x!

Still, I have more women’s clothing and shoes than I do for my regular guy clothing... there are times when I go online and I’m thankful that I don’t find anything that I really want! Lol.

As far as stopping, I did a massive purge once years ago before moving in with a girl.. I only did it because I was afraid she would find it. To this day, I regret it as there are some shiny clothing styles from the late 90s and early 2000s that are impossible to ever find again! And that’s the look I try to emulate when I do dress.

Immediately after that relationship ended and I moved out, I had boxes of new femme clothes arriving at the front door of my new place within literally 2 days..,

Ressie
12-23-2017, 05:58 PM
The first question should be: Why was I interested in trying on a women's garment for the very first time as a child? I still don't know the answer to that, but I must have liked it because it led to trying on more fem stuff throughout the decades.

Monique65
12-23-2017, 07:22 PM
I've finally come to accept it as part of who I am. This forum is helping tremendously in that affirmation.

Julia1984
12-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Is that a serious question?

countrygirl
12-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Why do I dress as Amanda? That is the thousand dollar question. When I am fully dressed and padded as Amanda I feel normal and happy with no worries in the world. To me being Amanda is normal and being Ben is not. There are days that I wish I could be Amanda full-time and not have to worry about if I am going to dress today or not. One day I am going to go full time for a little while to figure out what I need.

Angie G
12-23-2017, 09:33 PM
I wear woman's clothes Because I can my wife told me I can. And I love dressing as a woman it feels really good. I feel more woman then man anyway. I have no need to stop. I have no intention to stop. ''EVER'':hugs:
Angie

Francene Lola Dupree
12-24-2017, 06:34 PM
I want to wear women's clothes because I look fabulous darling.

April Rose
12-24-2017, 07:54 PM
Because, when I'm wearing women's clothes, i don't have that nagging feeling that I would feel better if I was in women's clothes.

Shely
12-24-2017, 09:49 PM
I don't know if i want to. But I need to, and I have to, and I will again and again. It's the FEELing that i get when i have all the accouterments in place. the sound of high heels on the floor. The feel of the long hair wig on my shoulders. and the feel of he dangling ear rings on my neck. here isn't a sensible answer to the question, here is nothing sensible about it. It is sensual though. and i LOVE it.

Robin777
12-24-2017, 11:30 PM
Actually I don't want to wear women's clothing. For some reason I "need" to wear women's clothing.

The above is why I dress. I wholeheartedly agree with everything that Stephanie said in her response. I believe I was born with the wrong set of chromosomes. I should have been female. Since I am not, I dress to appease the "need".