PDA

View Full Version : Well I Did It

CarlaRenae_arkie
11-02-2017, 04:32 PM
After almost 50 years of struggling with my identity, I finally got the nerve to make an appointment to see a therapist. I called to make an appointment and they told me that someone had just canceled. I could see the therapist if I could be there in 45 minutes. Before I could chicken out, I said yes. I was nervous as a cat on the front porch at Cracker Barrel (southern joke). My heart was racing. My therapist has over 20 years experience work with transgenders especially male to female. The therapist verified what I knew all along that I am transgender. Lot's of work ahead for me but at least I now know that I am and have been female!!! All of you have provided so much inspiration and help. Thank you!!!

Love,
Carla Renae

Kayliedaskope
11-02-2017, 04:37 PM
(Translation: nervous as a long-tailed cat in a roomful of rocking chairs.)

Congratulations, hon!

MissEllie
11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
After almost 50 years of struggling with my identity, I finally got the nerve to make an appointment to see a therapist. I called to make an appointment and they told me that someone had just canceled. I could see the therapist if I could be there in 45 minutes. Before I could chicken out, I said yes. I was nervous as a cat on the front porch at Cracker Barrel (southern joke). My heart was racing. My therapist has over 20 years experience work with transgenders especially male to female. The therapist verified what I knew all along that I am transgender. Lot's of work ahead for me but at least I now know that I am and have been female!!! All of you have provided so much inspiration and help. Thank you!!!

Love,
Carla Renae

Good for you hun. Thats something that I want to do in the future myself but I know its a long way off before that happens for me personally. So happy for you,

Miss Ellie

Kendalli
11-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Congrats! Hope everything starts feeling much better from now on for you.

Rachael Leigh
11-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Carla a great first step, it will go a long ways in helping you understand your feelings surrounding this part of you and
what it will mean as you move forward
Blessings Rachael

LeannS
11-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Carla
Glad you went congratulations also
love southern humor

Kendalli Welcome

Pat
11-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Congratulations on starting with a therapist! I'm a little surprised they diagnosed you on a first visit, but certainly it must have made you feel better. Good luck on your journey. It may be hard work, but it's worth the effort. :)