PDA

View Full Version : Getting out II

Leslie Mary S
11-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Well I can say this, the Hippo in a Tutu is getting out a bit more. I, with Ashley (CDer/Gay male), and Dark AnGGel, went to ne of the local gay clubs. This is the location were I take photos of the Drag performers. I always dress when I go to this club.

Friday night, I shot 198 photos. Used NO flash, they have spot lights on the performers.

Sunday evening was Karaoke night, I went back to the club to be a singer, not a photographer. I have a standing rule, "NO PHOTOS OF SPECTATORS".

I left the other guests speechless when I did "Some Enchanted Evening" from South Pacific. Also did "Crazy" by Patsy Cline and three other songs.

One upper torso photo was taken each night, they are still to be processed. Will post them when I get around to it.

Majella St Gerard
11-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Good for you, get out there and have fun. Two difficult songs, I do karaoke also and can't mimic a female voice, Patsy Cline is hard.

Beverley Sims
11-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Leslie,
If you have a gimmick, play it to the hilt.

I was able to play the girl card with success for many years.

Jean 103
11-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Sounds like fun. I can't sing , that being said crazy is one of the songs I sing, or try to.

Leslie Mary S
11-07-2017, 12:50 AM
In drab, I have been doing Karaoke for over 10 years. While I can do songs by female artist, I never really felt comfortable doing them in drab. I have my own machine and a few disks (@25, with 10 songs per disk). I need to upgrade to one of the on-line providers.