PDA

View Full Version : A Really Good Book....

Anne K
11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I am reading, Crossdressing With Diginity, by Peggy J. Rudd. It addresses so many of the issues we all feel in an easy to read fashion. I highly recommend it!

IleneD
11-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks, Joyce.

I've been reading quite a bit lately on my own CD/TG condition, and trying to learn.
In the book stack, some of them read so far:

-Warrior Princess, (by Kristin Beck USN-ret)
_ Provocative Facts and Thoughts about Crossdressing (Ashley Carr)
- Men in Bras Panties and Dresses: The Secret Truths about Transvestites. (Dr Vernon Coleman)
- The Transition Process (Snow McNally)
- Tricks of the Trade, A Beginners Guide to Crossdressing (Carolynn Faith Olson)

This are in the library now and I'm looking for other great personal guides for my journey. Thank for adding another. You are a great source of information and intellectual support on this forum.

audreyinalbany
11-06-2017, 01:44 PM
I just finished "Living with Crossdressing " by Savannah Hauk & thought it was pretty good though it's aimed more at the SO of crossdressers. Unfortunately I haven't gotten my wife to read it yet

Linda E. Woodworth
11-06-2017, 04:05 PM
I found "My Husband Betty" by Helen Boyd to be excellent.

Another good one is "Head Over Heels" by Dr. Virginia Erhardt. I was even able to meet and talk with her at Southern Comfort years ago.

Those are the two best ones I've found. I've read much of what Peggy Rudd has written and had a dream of taking a Dignity Cruise when she organized those.

I haven't heard of the books listed by Ilene and will have to look into them.

IleneD
11-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Linda,
"My Husband Betty" is also on my reading list, but I haven't purchased it yet.
Good call.
What did you think of it?

Pat
11-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Nobody mentioned Stuck in the Middle with You by Jennifer Flinney Boylan? It's kind of a classic. She has others, but I like this one best.

I also enjoy Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation edited by Kate Bournstein et al. It's a collection of essays that are kind of perfect for waiting rooms or when you just need a quick read before going to sleep.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Sorry Pat, but I was so put off by Jennifer Boylan's first book "She's Not There" that I'm not interested in reading anything else she may write.

Ilene, I consider "My Husband Betty" to be the best book written on the subject. I also read her 2nd book concerning her husbands transition "She's Not the Man I Married". I didn't think it was as good as the first.

tasidevil
11-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I hope you all check out the Sister House Library https://www.sisterhouse.net/library/. We review a lot of TG books there. The best one that I've ever read on the general subject of crossdressing is Man in the Red Velvet Dress available on Amazon. And of course there is my own book, "Top Ten Fashion Mistakes by Crossdressers and How To Fix Them, also on Amazon or Sister House

sarah_hillcrest
11-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Linda, "She's Not There" by Jenny Boylan is the best I've read so far, I'm very curious what you didn't like about it

I'm currently reading Transition and Tea, it's been OK. My Husband Betty was probably a very close second to "She's Not There"

Linda E. Woodworth
11-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Sarah, I found Jenny to be very selfish in how she treated her wife.

Pat
11-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Linda -- I don't know what edition you read, but in the 10th year anniversary edition there's an afterward by the wife. She was and remained supportive of Jenny at least to that time. (I believe they're still together to this day, but I don't know.) She didn't get a lot of focus in She's Not There because the story in that book was really about Jenny and the interaction with her best friend. Not saying your reaction is wrong (I don't want to see this thread go off the rails) just that there's more evidence to consider out there.