PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement from therapist

Fiona123
11-06-2017, 01:24 PM
So I had my therapy appointment this morning. For various reasons I was unable to dress. I was talking to her about how hard it is to find the time to dress. She actually encouraged me to wear panties at work whenever I had an opportunity. I'm just amazed at how accepting and non judgemental she is.

rachael.davis
11-06-2017, 02:09 PM
her job is to get your to a good place in your life, why is that surprising

Robertacd
11-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Not sure why you are amazed, unless you are going to therapy to be cured of crossdressing your therapist should be encouraging you.

audreyinalbany
11-06-2017, 03:04 PM
not necessarily encouraging you, but helping you find the place in your life where crossdressing fits

AllieSF
11-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Yes, Audrey, that is my opinion too.

CarlaRenae_arkie
11-06-2017, 03:55 PM
It is so nice for me just to talk to my therapist that is encouraging and supportive!! An added benefit is that my therapist is female and has worked with transgender folks for 20+ years. A definite benefit.

leannejacobs
11-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Delighted to hear it's going well for you, I have a post up just now on therapy, I'm waithing to hear when I can start, its not for gender issues, it's stress management but I'm getting lots of encouragement in the posts to share all, including my desires to crossdress, I'll see how it goes but I feel more confident now and will most likely come clean to "her" (I've specified I want a woman) about my dressing to de-stress. I may even wear my lucky lace panties that day lol

AllieSF
11-06-2017, 04:46 PM
The interesting thing about therapy, especially one on one sessions, is that you really do get back what you put into it. So, since you have accepted them as a qualified representative of their branch of therapy and counseling, there is no reason not to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, to borrow a well worn judicial phrase. If they are experienced enough, they have seen most everything out there. So, what may appear not important to one may be very important to the therapist. Knowing the full story helps them put together a bigger picture of the person and helps them hone in to the key issues quicker. So, by all means share everything and let them sort out what is important in your case. As always, good luck.

deebra
11-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Fiona123 if I am right on where she is going with this.

There are men who love being 100% male, they wear all male clothing and wouldn't be caught dead or alive wearing women's clothing, how unmanly!!!. You aren't 100% male, there is some female in you, she sees that and her suggestion that you wear panties is helping you come to terms with that. In Other Words getting you comfortable with Who You Are. She might even start talking about her likes in panties, bras, different styles and how they feel on to let you know you both enjoy the same thing, to get you to open up about your feminine feelings and not feel a shame. As therapy goes along and she learns you better she might suggest you wear more female clothing. We as crossdressers are born with a certain % of our brain female and she or we can't change that. There is no difference in you and a woman wanting the same thing. If a part of your brain and a woman's is the same (female) wouldn't it just be normal for you both to want female clothing and identify as a woman?

Fiona123
11-07-2017, 08:45 AM
I definitely do not want to be cured of anything. My therapist has encouraged me to present in feminine clothes and I've done that. She really is trying to help me find a place where I'm comfortable gender-wise. Thanks for your comments.

Angie G
11-07-2017, 08:49 AM
When I worked I sometimes would wear a pair of pantie to work It felt great just knowing I had them on.:hugs:
Angie

IleneD
11-07-2017, 09:07 AM
No one had to ask me twice to wear panties 24/7, to work, play or otherwise.

Great short story on a great experience, Fiona. Yes..... I should be speaking to a therapist too about my gender identity issues. Good Lord I love being and living the part of my inner woman.

CarlaRenae_arkie
11-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Great post deebra. I am finally coming to accept that Carla is a strong part of me. Always has been, always will be. I hope my therapist and I can explore how deeply I need to expose her for my well being. At this stage in my life, I really don't care what other people think. I need to be me!!