PDA

View Full Version : Secret HRT

Kas
11-06-2017, 09:19 PM
**Disclaimer: I am aware this could be considered deceitful, lying etc, so no need to point out the obvious. If you're not comfortable with it then you do not need to read/respond. No negative comments please**

Hi girls,

I am wondering if anybody has taken or started to take HRT while in a relationship and kept it a secret from their partner (for any period of time). Is it something that's possible to do? Or would it be virtually impossible to keep somethings like that hidden? Not sayin that I would ever do it, but I have been interested in the subject.

OCCarly
11-06-2017, 10:16 PM
I decided to be totally honest with my wife and tell her when I could no longer hold the line at cross dressing and needed to go in for therapy, get a diagnosis and start hormones.

Bearing in mind I am 54 years old, and your mileage may vary, I had visible breast growth after three weeks. After three months I no longer felt comfortable swimming without wearing a top. After five months my butt had gotten so big that a lot of men’s pants no longer fit me. After a year I was passable in a bikini. Now, after 18 months, my father, who has memory problems after a stroke, no longer recognizes my face. And two months ago my next door neighbor caught me in my garage (she was bringing a misdelivered parcel). I was in full girl mode, on my way to support group, and she literally did not recognize me.

I no longer pass for male unless I am wearing a suit and tie, and even then I get looks from men fairly often.

Again, YMMV, but in my experience, the hormones are going to turn you into a woman. The only variable is how fast or slow that will happen. This is not something you can keep secret from your partner. Not for long anyway.

sarah_hillcrest
11-06-2017, 11:01 PM
I won't lie, I've wondered the same thing, but not really seriously because:

a. As Carly says, you're secret won't be a secret for long.
b. It's going to appear like you are hiding serious drug habit thanks to the anti-T pills and however you introduce the E to your system.
c. Your going to experience some level of emotional and personality issues that are going to be hard to explain.
d. It's way past the harmless dressing
f. Seems like instant grounds for divorce.
g. If you want to transition your partner deserves to know.

I could probably go on.

Kas
11-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Sarah

These are all things I have thought of also. Haha I think even simply bringing up the topic with an SO could be instant grounds for divorce...

deebra
11-06-2017, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised OCCarly got the results she said. I thought when you are that old results were minimual. And Carly, what are you taking to get these results and so fast.

Kas
11-07-2017, 01:14 AM
God it looks tempting. It's just such a big decision. I'd have to leave my wife and move to a new city lol

OCCarly
11-07-2017, 02:22 AM
In my case temptation had nothing to do with it. I had been suffering chest pains, irregular heartbeats and high blood pressure for ten years and the doctors kept runnng tests, finding nothing and telling me it was panic attacks. I learned almost by accident that cross dressing could stop a panic attack dead in its tracks. Like I said, I tried to hold the line at cross dressing but I ended up on anti anxiety meds that weren’t working and I was almost house bound when I finally went in for therapy. The bottom line is, I really am a girl.

If you are well adjusted as a male then don’t risk your marriage. But if you end up a walking catalog of stress related illnesses and no one can figure out why, then it’s time to see a gender therapist.

Hugs, Carly.

Kas
11-07-2017, 02:38 AM
Wow it's amazing you mention that! I have been suffering from bad anxiety for most of my life up until about 2 months ago when I decided I'm gonna go see a doctor about it. I was prescribed some anti-anxiety meds which I have been taking daily. This all happened after I had a major panic-attack at work one day...

The meds I have are meant to help lower your inhibitions, therefore creating less stress and anxiety about the things I do. This is the catalyst for my CDing actually. Before I took the meds I would only VERY occasionally dress up, maybe just some hose and panties and it made me feel very guilty and a lot of shame. Since I have started taking the meds I have come out to my partner and now dress every day of the week and joined this forum. I feel I am more myself than I have ever been before. So maybe we are more similar than you think.

prene
11-07-2017, 02:44 AM
I did for a short while.
Like maybe 2 weeks, then my father got sick.
He does not know, my mom and sisters know.
I did not want to go thru this while he was ill.

Kendalli
11-07-2017, 05:59 AM
I have often fantasized about that, going on HRT on the sly and seeing when people could no longer deny that I was on them. But that is just a fantasy. The consequences of hiding that from my family would be huge. And nothing I would ever want to pay. While I am not being totally honest myself with the secret dressing, for something this big and life changing, honesty is key with your SOs. But still fun to think about and wonder how it could turn out.

Krisi
11-08-2017, 10:07 AM
There have been previous posts of having (female) HRT without telling the wife. Most of the responses have been that it's a bad idea. If it works as well as it apparently has for some people, it's going to be pretty obvious and the wife is going to start asking questions. When she finds out you've been doing this without her knowledge, there's going to be trouble.

It's not like there's an actual disease or medical condition that will cause your male body to turn female.