PDA

View Full Version : When did I loose my membership card that says I'm a crossdresser?

Jean 103
11-07-2017, 09:25 AM
When I had just discovered this part of me a few years ago and was in the closet. I was ok to carry the card here?

When I got caught and entered into a DADT with wife. Still ok?

Separated from my wife but still in the closet?

Starting to go out and make friends?
I'm know I'm on shaking ground now.

Picked up a boyfriend?

Came out and started living openly as a transgender person? Ok I know, that's it hand over the card.

I'm not planning on having any operations, so I don't really belong to the other club eather.

At least my friends in the real world don't seem to care. They see me as just Jean. No card requred.

Pat
11-07-2017, 09:40 AM
You don't lose the card, you throw it away (or drop it in a shredder.) You do that when the term no longer describes you. And you decide when that is. ;)

jennifer0918
11-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Maybe in your last purge you left in the pocket and lost it.TV,CD,Queen,we are all under the Transgender umbrella I know many ts woman say we don't but yeah we are also transgender the experts say it.

Meghan4now
11-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Jean,

Wait, it's not lost at all. I have it right here. You dropped it on the bar when you pulled out your ID from that coin purse. Keep telling you, use a full wallet, and these things won't happen!

Seriously though, I think Pat has something there. Externally, I would say that line gets crossed when 1. You dress full time, and 2. When someone asks if your a woman, you respond in earnest "Yes" Even if #2 is true, but #1 is not, then you are still a CD, just now it's MTF instead of FTM?!

Elizabeth G
11-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Hi Jean,

Are you saying you no longer feel welcome here (I hope not!) or you feel you don't fit in anymore?

Elizabeth

BrendaPDX
11-07-2017, 10:07 AM
I would't loose that card yet, we are all still put under the same umbrella, it may not always feel like it, but we are. We are so few, we have to stick together.

Jean 103
11-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm fine just venting a bit. I've been thinking about this for a couple of days. Basically I'm a CD. I use transgender person with my friends and the public because I feel it is a little more positive, at least in their minds. Here is a completely different story. Believe me I understand, here people are living in the shadows. One wrong move and your whole world blows up. There is so much in this world that you have no control of. I'm just taking it one day at a time, along with a little help from my friends I'll be ok. Tonight we are going to a new place for karaoke, now I just need to pick out something to wear.

Meghan4now
11-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Just don't misplace your card now! The FedEx bill is getting expensive.

Robertacd
11-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Why does it matter? Everyone else is going to label you in their own mind anyway.

Stephanie47
11-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I have made comments of this forum that usage of a word to explain a complex issue is not possible. I always recommend explain who you feel you are and not put a label to it. Given that statement I do feel there is more understanding towards a man or woman who feels he or she was born into the wrong body. Those issues have been constantly in the media. Sometimes in some areas of the country it gets contentious....the bathroom bills. I still have not seen a lot of understanding for men who like to or need to wear women's clothing at times, and, emulate a woman. I don't have conversations with my wife on my issues any more. I haven't for decades. However, when we did I told her I don't know why I do what I do. I just know how it makes me feel.

Beverley Sims
11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
It's called progress.

Like here you start as a new member and if you stay long enough............ :-)

If you are stuck look here.....

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?124108-PHOTO-ID-IDEA!!!-Picture-card!!!

AllieSF
11-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Maybe that was not your card at all. Maybe it was given to you by mistake or you thought that you needed one when you did not. Please keep pondering and enjoying life the way you want and can.

Rachael Leigh
11-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Don’t worry Jean, labels are just that labels. I’m trans and I was mostly just a CD but like you I’m out fulltime as a presenting women. I also don’t have any surgeries planned and for a TG person that puts me in the minority but who cares
Just be who you are and don’t worry.
Rachael

Leelou
11-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Maybe in your last purge you left in the pocket and lost it.TV,CD,Queen,we are all under the Transgender umbrella I know many ts woman say we don't but yeah we are also transgender the experts say it.

Very well said, Jennifer. In my mind, as a crossdresser who presents as female in public, I share many of the same feelings and challenges as those that are living as female full time or are transitioning. It really is a broad spectrum and that's OK!

suzanne
11-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Despite our natural tendency to categorize things, TG is not a category but a continuum. On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 is the guy who wonders what his wife's panties feel like, all the way to 100, which might be transition and SRS completed. Only a snob would tell you you don't qualify if you score less than a certain value (lets say 80) on that scale.

What if your score is not always the same? You could be increasing or decreasing steadily, or even fluctuating. What if you flip flop each day from 79 to 81? Does that mean the mean girls will talk to you one day but not the next? It's all ridiculous. You are who you are and you don't need to justify it to anyone. Some days, I NEED to put on a dress and others I'm like "Meh" or can't dress because I working. So what? I want no part of those mean girls anyway.

Dana44
11-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Ah Jean don't worry about the card. You are fine and well, You are jean and that is okay. That is the only label you need.

Lana Mae
11-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Jean, friends are friends regardless of cards or labels! Hugs Lana Mae

CONSUELO
11-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Jean,

I have no idea what "label" to put on you so I shall just call you Jean. You are unique. I have always advocated that this site is a "broad church" and we should not be spending our energy pushing people into special slots and giving them labels. I for one am very glad to have you as a member here and I am always ready to read your posts.

docrobbysherry
11-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Jean you're such a card!:devil:

Kelly DeWinter
11-07-2017, 10:13 PM
A Card ? We get a Card ? No one gave me a card ! Who's in charge of the Cards ?

Becky Blue
11-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Jean I don't know about cards, but there is the whole gamut of people on here most of us loosely categorised under the 'T umbrella' there are also sub forums that cater to Trans and binary peoples too...

Jean 103
11-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Thank you all. I used my life but this isn't really about me. Through all of this I'm still the same person. Labels can bring people together, they can all so separate them. I prefer inclusion over isolation .

Krisi
11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
This sounds like a continuation of a recently closed thread.

There's no card, you are what you decide you are. You know how you feel inside and you know what you do and don't do. If you think you need a label, you get to choose it. Not somebody else. And if you feel a different label works in some settings, you are free to use that label when appropriate.

Nikki A.
11-08-2017, 10:27 AM
You get to keep your card. It just needs a CDL (Cross Dressing Lifer) endorsement. Pay the fee and take the test and your new card will be sent to you in 10-12 business days