PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife or partner know you're on the forum ?

Rayleen
11-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Always wonder if I should tell her we chat and exchange pics and what she would say.

Would she mind or what are your thoughts ?

mattfrykowski
11-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi Rayleen, I am still very new here but I have told my SO that I am chatting on this site. Not really sure how she feels about anything really.

Allison Chaynes
11-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Mine doesn't care. She had an account on PantiesEtc before it mysteriously disappeared a few years ago.

Kas
11-08-2017, 07:34 PM
My fiancé opened my phone to look at something and I had forgotten to close the browser. She saw the forum and my avatar pic (1st time she ever saw me in a wig). She didn't seem to care though. It actually got her to jump on some forums (not sure if this one) and do some research for herself. Nothing bad has come from it.

Alice B
11-08-2017, 08:16 PM
My wife knows, has seen me posting and does not care. She knows I have made friends here and have met them, gone oit with them, had them here and have had them as room mates at DLV. No problems with this

sarah_hillcrest
11-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Was looking at the forum while she was in the same room, she knows I've been on here a lot. "So those are the ladymen you talk to?" she asks.

terza
11-08-2017, 09:01 PM
my ex-wife was the person who found this site --guess she is more internet savvy than i am.

Robin777
11-08-2017, 09:01 PM
My wife knows and doesn't think anything about it and doesn't have any problems with it.

ShaunaTossaint
11-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Hello Everyone.
I just joined. I’m Shauna. My wife knows that i like to dress and has seen me fully dressed. This has been for many years now. She is tolerating but not 100% supportive and encouraging. She does NOT know that I go online looking for support and or friends. She would be very worried I think.

Kelly DeWinter
11-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Yes, I told Jeannie of this site before we met. She is a regular lurker. No offense but she finds some of the posts amusing.

alwayshave
11-08-2017, 09:30 PM
My fiancee knows, sometimes reads over my shoulder. I often tell her what's going on here.

docrobbysherry
11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
"We exchange photos?"
Really? Can someone explain how "we" do that?:straightface:

sara66
11-08-2017, 10:12 PM
When I came out to her she was looking for answers and stumbled across the forum and told me about it. She thought it would be a good idea if I joined. She doesn't know how much or what I post. I don't think she really wants to know.
Sara

Steph_CD_62
11-08-2017, 10:35 PM
My wife knows I am on a site for crossdressers, but not sure if she knows which one. I don't hide anything from her, and if she wanted to know the site I am on I would let her see everything I have posted.

Dana44
11-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Yes my SO is on this site also. Sometimes she logs in and looks at the threads But not as much as me.

CdD Janessa
11-08-2017, 11:44 PM
My so knows doesn’t approve of it but I go with the dadt policy she knows I have it but hasn’t asked about it so I just do my own thing and she does hers

Gillian Gigs
11-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Yes, my wife knows about this site, I occasionally tell her some of the stories that I have read. She has no interest in joining in at this time.

Lux
11-09-2017, 12:44 AM
My wife will always look over and always ask "anything good today?" I love it. Let's us discuss new topics and is a constant reminder that this is who I am ..and that I so gratefully have her full acceptance. :lovestruck:

Shayna
11-09-2017, 01:49 AM
I've told her I look at an online forum and occasionally post, but she really doesn't want to know about it.

Charlotte7
11-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Yes, my SO knows. I told her when I joined. It's all part of the openess that we have whe it comes to all of this. I showed her my introduction post when I signed up. Her commet? "Is that you?" Apart from that she's not really shown any more interest. But her knowing does mean that I free to look and post when it's convenient for me.

Viggy
11-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Not this one, but she knows, that i'm on a german CD site.

bridget thronton
11-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Yes she knows

Lacey New
11-09-2017, 05:22 AM
No, she does not know.

Jamie Lynn
11-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Yes, she knows and is ok with it. She tolerates and occasionally teases.

Michele14
11-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Yes my wife knows about the forum.

Sarasometimes
11-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Actually, years ago (when I was very uninformed about home computers) she found this in my history, ever since then we have been don't ask, don't tell. Please don't let this post hijack this thread with your advice on DADT.

Teri Ray
11-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Count me among the "Wife knows I am on crossdressers forum". I am lucky. But as with anything internet; too much time spent on any site is not viewed as good.

Fiona123
11-09-2017, 08:44 AM
My wife does not know.

Krisi
11-09-2017, 08:52 AM
My wife does not know either. I think it's better that way.

Karen RHT
11-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Yes she knows, but hasn't shown any interest one way or the other.

Karen

audreyinalbany
11-09-2017, 08:58 AM
mine too knows but hasn't shown any interest. Get the sense she thinks of it as 'chat room,' cause she'll say things like, "were you talking with your girl friends?"

BrendaPDX
11-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Nope, or at least I don't think so. Have you ever read you own old posts, it is interesting to see how the content and comfort level changes with time:) Take care, Brenda

Robertacd
11-09-2017, 09:39 AM
My wife does not know, st least I have not told her. But I doubt she would have any problem with me conversing with others.

In fact unless you are in a DADT situation, if your SO, GF, BF, partner, or whatever has a problem with you conversing with other people on an online forum that is a sign you are in a bad relationship.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have mentioned stuff I have read here to my wife. Not exactly mentioning this exact forum. But as in saying "On one of the corssdresser boards they said..." So she knows I visit online forums. ( Yes I still call them a board, like the old BBS days)

Vicky Peters
11-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Yes, my wife knows that I belong to xdresser site and has no interest.

CONSUELO
11-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Yes, she knows as she sees me with this screen open and typing away often while dressed. She has never expressed an interest in joining though.

Aunty_Hazel
11-09-2017, 10:28 AM
My wife is too busy hiding her online purchases from me to worry about what I am looking at.
:-)

Taylor186
11-09-2017, 10:54 AM
My wife knows I read and occasionally post on this forum but she really has no interest in it for herself. And, I agree with Krisi, maybe for different reasons, that that is a good thing. Her only expressed concern is posting photos which seem to turn up when and where you least expect them.

Lacy PJs
11-09-2017, 11:05 AM
You mention two different things... being on the site isn't quite the same as actively participating on the site. My better half knows I'm a frequent reader and sometime poster here and she's OK with that. But posting pictures and frequent chats may well be a different story in her eyes.

Lacy PJs

JoanneB
11-09-2017, 11:15 AM
My wife knows that I am on a site for CDs but she doesn't know what site it is. She doesn't mind-at least I don't think she minds because she never said anything about it.

Cheryl T
11-09-2017, 11:17 AM
She knows, reads the forum and is a member too.
I showed her the site when I first came out to her so she would have the opinions and insights of others. That way she would ask me questions and could also see how others feel. It was a great help.

~Joanne~
11-09-2017, 11:53 AM
MY SO knows and doesn't care one bit. Sometimes she will look at the pictures with me in the picture gallery and is awe that we are CDs and not real women. We may discuss a topic or two here or there also but for the most part, I am alone when I am on the site. She knows discussing things with like minded people is important. She has supported me from the get go of knowing so this is no different.

Joanne Curl
11-09-2017, 12:14 PM
My wife knows, but like my crossdressing, never mentions it. She hates my crossdressing and the fact that I interact with people as a female. I don't think she will ever accept this side of me.

Joni T
11-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Yes and is ok with it.

Alyssa Lane
11-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes she does and can even tell when im looking at it

Rayleen
11-09-2017, 05:40 PM
I read all your post and find it interesting. But one thing that puzzle me that the ones who knows are not curious what we are all discussing.

Women between them, they are all chatting among themselves to get what others are doing. Maybe we dont chat about the same things

Women do and less interested. I enjoyed reading you all.

Natasha V
11-09-2017, 06:38 PM
My wife know and just is interested in her own sites or online games. She will ask if there is anything of interest. I enjoy reading new stories from new members.

JustJoni
11-09-2017, 10:20 PM
My wife not only knows, she's also a customer, lol (forum member 'greeneyes')

Jaymees22
11-09-2017, 10:43 PM
She doesn't know and she has absolutely no interest in using a computer or any other electronic device.

Rayleen
11-10-2017, 06:55 AM
She knows, reads the forum and is a member too.
I showed her the site when I first came out to her so she would have the opinions and insights of others. That way she would ask me questions and could also see how others feel. It was a great help.

Cheryl, if your partner is on this site, wonder how many other wife or girl friends are here too .

Beverley Sims
11-10-2017, 02:37 PM
I have made a few posts here and my wife asks "Who am I talking to now"?

No she is not on any internet forum or social page.

binni101
11-10-2017, 02:40 PM
My wife does not know about this forum. I don´t think it would "fly" with her :)

cdsamswife
11-10-2017, 08:14 PM
I hope you dont mind that I have commented... being as I am the wife of a cd... I would not mind at all if my husband were on this site and exchanging photos as long as they were not explicit in nature. I think its important to have your own support too and who better than other like-minded people living through similar issues? I would much prefer my husband be on this forum rather than the kink fetish sites, dating or craigslist casual encounters sites that I know some cds have used in the past to meet friends.

Robin-in-TX
11-10-2017, 10:47 PM
No, she doesn't. But I also don't think I have any obligation to discuss it with her either.

halljennifer
11-11-2017, 03:10 AM
Yes! My wife knows I am on the forums. I told her about a week after I signed up. Really it wasn’t to hide the fact, but just that it never came up in a conversation.

Vintage4sarah
11-11-2017, 06:30 AM
My wife does know that I am on this Forum as I told her about 8 years ago. She briefly looked at it and simply commented that we all need an outlet. In casual chats, I sometimes comment about a certain thread and she listens to me and respects what I share with her.

Rayleen
11-11-2017, 06:45 AM
I hope you dont mind that I have commented... being as I am the wife of a cd... I would not mind at all if my husband were on this site and exchanging photos as long as they were not explicit in nature. I think its important to have your own support too and who better than other like-minded people living through similar issues? I would much prefer my husband be on this forum rather than the kink fetish sites, dating or craigslist casual encounters sites that I know some cds have used in the past to meet friends.

Thanks for your comment, very interesting and you're welcome posting your point of view.

Celee
11-11-2017, 09:57 PM
My wife doesn't know that I'm on this site but like most wives in a DADT I'm sure she knows that I wear her clothes but she has never said anything

Michelle Crossfire
11-12-2017, 01:15 AM
yes, my wife knows about this forum. I believe she has looked at them with me a few times, and I even asked her if she has ever taken a look at the forums on her own, as I try to speak of her highly since she is supportive of me. She denies having ever looked at the forum, but I wonder what she might think if she ever did.

leotard fan
11-12-2017, 03:50 AM
yes. my girlfriend knows everything!

leannejacobs
11-12-2017, 06:11 AM
No she doesn't know about this particular one, I am on another similar site that she knows about and she goes on it also, I introduced her to it so so she could learn more about CDing, it's been invaluable tbh it's helped her a lot, I've also used it knowing she goes on it to get some feelings across that I found it difficult to talk to her about, that was back shortly after I came out to her, I don't think she's been on it for a while now.

Corrine
11-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Yes she knows. She gets suspicious sometimes thinking there is more to it but then I let her sit and browse and she's ok. I keep telling her it's not that kind of site!

Judy-Somthing
11-12-2017, 12:59 PM
My wife doesn't know.
Eight months ago she told me if I continued to dress we would Devoice !
Things have not been good around here since.
I think if she knew I posted photos on here it would be very bad!

I hate the idea of getting rid of this part of me.

Jenny22
11-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Celee, Your DADT comment suggests she knows you CD. If so, buy your own clothes. Wearing hers could be the ending of even a DADT.

Krea
11-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes, my wife knows i am here.
After i came out to her we talked about this group and she was ok with it, as she thought it could be supportive/informative for me.
I have mentioned that she could also join/browse as there is some insight here for/from SO's. (I don't know whether she does ever look on here tho.)

Celee
11-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Jenny22. Maybe DADT wasn't quite right. We've never talked about it but I'm sure she suspects something. Every once in a great while she'll make a comment that usually catches me off guard.

Julie Slowinski
11-12-2017, 10:48 PM
My wife knows I am on this and other cd sites. When I first told her, she was very supportive as she understands the isolation I’ve had in the past. She was glad that I could exchange ideas and get support. It also makes her feel less guilty about all the time she spends online.

HollyGreene
11-13-2017, 08:58 PM
No, my wife doesn't know.

LeannS
11-14-2017, 10:57 AM
No my wife doesn't know that I am on here and as my computer history goes I not either different browser and in private mode
she does know now I am a cder and even has a name
when she asked why I was sending photo's to Leann
She was thinking Leann was one of my ex's
I told her that is my name all she said was interesting.

Leann

Kate Simmons
11-14-2017, 11:41 AM
My GF knows and is okay with it. She is an amazing person and neither one of us sweat the small stuff. :battingeyelashes::)

Stephanie43
11-14-2017, 08:12 PM
My wife knows and is totally fine with it. I asked if she was ok with it before I became I member. She’s so awesome.

BLUE ORCHID
11-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Hi Rayleen :hugs:, My Wonderful:love:Wife knows but really don't want to know.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

IleneD
11-15-2017, 01:41 AM
Yes, she does.
She lurks, I believe. I"ve never seen her "active' on here or logged in.
But I know she's been on here and read parts of the forum (like this section) that are open for public reading. I don't know if she has discovered Ilene on the board yet. I do know, from bits of conversation we've had (often in heated discussion about CD ), she's read parts of this forum. She used specific language that is frequently used on this board. She's also pointed out that I spend time - too much time - on this specific website.

It's frustrating to know she can read a lot of material here. So far I haven't written anything I wouldn't and probably haven't said to her in person. It's not like I have anything to hide from the S. O., The Wife. Yet it's nice to have a "safe space" and not feel like I am being spied upon in my gender identity growth.
I worry that I may say something inadvertent, or during a period where I perhaps go too far/too soon, or whatever. I may explore feelings that I later learn need to be put away. I don't want a misunderstanding to happen if she reads something Ilene says on this forum.

I want to be open and honest on this board. Yes,.... everything I share here I share on a forum that I accept to be (in general) friendly, supportive, and often encouraging. I have a general sense (but no guarantee) that the members of my forum mean me no harm; have no need to know my real identity or harm my reputation, or shame me in any way. There's a sense that we are all together on this strange personal journey.

Yes..... this is one of my safe spaces; perhaps my only safe space. Thank you, my Sisters for making it that way.

JenniferR771
11-15-2017, 11:02 AM
My wife knows I frequent this site. We are in a DADT relationship. Recently, I continue to read posts when she gets home from shopping. Every time she shouts , "Get out of that site when I am home!"
I do not think she has seen much of the site or read more than one or two posts.

Sandra
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Cheryl, if your partner is on this site, wonder how many other wife or girl friends are here too .

There are quite a few here :) Some are regular posters others just read and learn.

Genni
11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
My wife knows about it. I've mentioned it twice that I can remember. This week I sent her a link and offered to help her register, but she has not shown any interest in checking it out that I know of.

Kayliedaskope
11-16-2017, 05:22 PM
No, she does not know.