PDA

View Full Version : Having a beard

HarleyGirl
11-09-2017, 06:48 AM
I used to try and pass, and no matter how perfect my makeup was or whatever, there was no denying that I was a guy and I’m ok with that. I actually enjoy being a straight male, I just enjoy women’s clothes. So I decided to grow a beard for the first time ever, I want a long masculine one. But I still want to wear women’s clothes. I saw a website, and now I can’t find it to share with you guys, but when I find it again I’ll share it, but the guy just wear women’s clothes for the comfort. No fake breasts and no bra I think and it looked good. This is what I want to do.

SarahleeNH
11-09-2017, 07:02 AM
I have a full beard, and wear clothes purchased from the ‘other side of the aisle’. But although there are no rules at home, when I venture out the clothing appears androgynous. A close inspection would reveal the buttons are on the wrong side and the pants pockets are much smaller, etc. But I recognize how jarring it is for a bearded man in his mid-60s to be wearing clearly feminine attire. At home I can be dressed in any way that makes me comfortable. But when I leave home, I just want to blend as best I can. It’s not easy finding the clothes that work, but shopping those aisles is part of the fun. Enjoy what you can!

Fiona123
11-09-2017, 08:42 AM
I had a goatee beard since 1995 and a mustache sense the 70s. I realized earlier this year that I hated the beard and the mustache and shaved them off. The Shaving in small part is part of my coming out.

Jean 103
11-09-2017, 09:00 AM
As I have said before, I have met two men in skirts. Both times they were totally comfortable with how they are. This was out in public. I'm like a magnetic, people come up to me and just start talking. I don't mind, I'm use to it. I don't try to blend , I do try and look my best. Some people will notice, some will stare. I'm aware of them, it's just something you have to get use to. It's part of looking like a girl, and/or being differant. Just Jean

Krisi
11-09-2017, 09:01 AM
OK, fine. That serves to prove that we are not all alike and that there are many varieties of crossdressing and crossdressers.

Personally, I am on the other side. Clean shaven and trying to pass buy it's all OK.

Pat
11-09-2017, 09:03 AM
...but the guy just wear women’s clothes for the comfort. No fake breasts and no bra I think and it looked good. This is what I want to do.

So are you doing that? If not, why not? You wouldn't be the first.

Jennifer in CO
11-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I'm right there with Saralee. Been wearing "androgynous" clothes for years. Keep to the dark side and stay away from lace or polished fabrics and you can pretty much wear anything. I really enjoy winter tho. Under a coat, you can wear anything; lace, polished fabrics, nothing over your bra or buster, whatever!

Stacy Darling
11-09-2017, 09:35 AM
If there is a look which pleases you take that look and work with it, we each have our own look, I do!

You do what you want to do.

Stacy!

BrendaPDX
11-09-2017, 09:45 AM
At least you know what you want. Now, just go do it. You will always find support here:) Brenda

Princess Chantal
11-09-2017, 09:59 AM
My crossdressing is quite diverse, so every blue moon I do sport facial hair while being crossdressed for a coffee meet up or for a local crossdressing meeting. My feminine attire choice when presenting this way is quite different than my usual sheath dresses or Victorian dresses. Usually I wear patterned tights, jean skirt, and ankle boots (which all are rare for me to wear in other crossdressing modes) paired up with my usual tshirt tops and baseball cap. I do desire to be able to present more professional look like Paul Duane https://www.paulduane.net/cdma/ and hopefully am to do so in the new year

Dana44
11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
I would say go for it. That is Maid (man in a dress). We have a couple here that cut the pathway. They look good and wear their stuff with pride.

Minnietheminx
11-09-2017, 10:11 AM
This is helping me to see the different sides of CDs as with my past friends and relationships it has been all about looking like a female but i am seeing now that there are those that just love the feeling of wearing the clothes and keeping the male side there too. Its not really rocket science and i should have realised that but you are all helping me to see things better now and that everyone is different. I suppose its just the same as me dressing up in my clothes i wouldnt particularly go out in which i love...not all the time do i want to put the make up on that i would usually wear with it for the full so called right look.. i just enjoy wearing it and the sensation it gives me of feeling so different to my everyday clothes that are pretty mundane and dont forget even us GGs have to pluck and shave ....even we dont come totally smooth! xx

SarahleeNH
11-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Minnietheminx, you get it exactly. Some of us identify as gender non-binary, and find we can ease the anxiety it brings at times, as well as to better unify our internal feelings and their outward expression in any number of ways. Not all of us are uncomfortable seeing ourselves as a ‘man in a dress’ (ie, MIAD), for we just see ourselves reflected. And it is a very diverse group!

Minnietheminx
11-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Minnietheminx, you get it exactly. Some of us identify as gender non-binary, and find we can ease the anxiety it brings at times, as well as to better unify our internal feelings and their outward expression in any number of ways. Not all of us are uncomfortable seeing ourselves as a ‘man in a dress’ (ie, MIAD), for we just see ourselves reflected. And it is a very diverse group!

Im getting there! It has taken me to come on here to realise it, as of course i havent really come across that side as yet only those wanting to be totally female but yes i understand.
I hate saying i love latex being a GG as people just think im wiered and kinky and put me in pervey catagory even though i have stunning dresses in it... but yes i love latex clothing for the feel of it pretty much like some of you ladies love the feel of certain fabrics against your skin that you dont get to wear all the time but us GGs do. For me its the same sensation as i dont get to wear that every day or out and about...but on the same level i dont always want to put on the make up that would be suited to that outfit i just want to enjoy the feeling of it against my skin and the image it gives me on my body in the mirror...if that makes sense.x x

Sherrii
11-09-2017, 11:13 AM
I have a beard and have had for many years. I can't pass anyway, too tall. So I don't try, I dress at home. And that is just the way it is. I think if I could pass it might be fun to go out, but it isn't going to happen so I accept things the way they are. Sherrii

Minnietheminx
11-09-2017, 11:29 AM
I have a beard and have had for many years. I can't pass anyway, too tall. So I don't try, I dress at home. And that is just the way it is. I think if I could pass it might be fun to go out, but it isn't going to happen so I accept things the way they are. Sherrii

Can i ask Sherrii as this is a learning curve for me at the moment to better understand this side and i know you say you dont try ... but have you ever dressed and worn makeup without the beard? I know you say your height wouldnt let you pass but i am just wondering if you have tried that side without or does it just not entertain you its more just for the feeling..just with you sayng you would like to go out as to weather despite your height you have tried it?

Sorry this isnt to say go and do it or i think you should im just wanting to understand this side better as if i lucky enough to find a CD relationship in the future i need to see the different sides of it and i dont want to ever make the mistake if somebody i met had a beard of saying oh id love to see you in make up etc ..as i say its a learning curve for me at the moment to the different sides of dressing xxxx

Stephanie47
11-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Where I totally lost my wife to the concept of a man wearing women's clothing was over a bra. Our daughter, who was three at the time, pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire and pulled out a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. She asked, in general terms, "Why would a man want to wear a bra when he has nothing to pack into it?" Good point. If it is just the pretty clothes or the feel of the fabric, then have facial hair. Whatever floats your boat. I am not passable at all. Perhaps wearing a bra is some sort of protective psychological crutch for me. If I am going to wear women's clothing, then making myself as passable as possible is an attempt to fool myself?

Tracii G
11-09-2017, 12:30 PM
I wear womens clothes all day everyday in guy mode just not skirts and dresses but casual womens clothes.
Nobody says anything or even cares for that matter.
Do they notice? I'm sure they do but I don't care.

Gillian Gigs
11-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I currently have a closely trimmed moustache, and chin whiskers which my wife likes. No big deal, I wear my clothes according to what I like. In this order, I like nylon panties, lingerie, pantihose, and skirts, I don't wear skirts outside the house. I will sometimes wear a bra without anything other than what I have naturally, because I like that snug feeling on my chest. You just need to do what pleases you and don't worry about others.

Leelou
11-09-2017, 01:25 PM
I would say go for it. That is Maid (man in a dress). We have a couple here that cut the pathway. They look good and wear their stuff with pride.

I agree, Dana. I think that our members that have been posting about MIAD look great and I really enjoy reading those threads. I admire their confidence, because I need that confidence when I go out dressed in much the same way. I've been read as a crossdresser when out and I'm OK with that. It really is similar.

So to the OP, go for it! Grow out that beard and keep wearing those clothes!

Beverley Sims
11-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Whatever floats your boat, I have no qualms about being seen in public with you but I prefer to show a feminine appearance when out.

Jamie390
11-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Just recently I went to a hotel pool in a sapphire blue one piece bathing suit... goatee, hairy chest, bald spot and all. It was almost time for the pool to close so I wasn't expecting any onlookers to stop by. However one did. The lady from the front desk stopped in to bring a supply of clean towels.

docrobbysherry
11-09-2017, 02:20 PM
I had a full beard and stash for the 6 events I attended over Halloween! :eek:
Here's how I looked:

richelle52
11-09-2017, 03:03 PM
I just posted a picture today of myself still wearing a moustache.. this is a cropped version of me.. My wife wants me to keep my facial hair and beard too which I shaved for a few days to get a new start on. I do that occasionally just to see what I look like under there lol 284231

RADER
11-09-2017, 03:21 PM
I have had a Mustache for over 30 years. It is who I am, and everyone knows me with it.
Now I also love to wear woman's clothes. I nuder dress with a bra for over 5 years. I wear
Woman's Jeans almost every day, and a man's Polo shirt. It hides the Bra, so no one knows
what I am wearing. I feel that I am at least partially dressed; after all, you do not see much
in the way of dresses or skirts on the every day GG. So I guess I kind of fit in.
I wish I could once go out dressed up to the hilt. It would be a "Bucket" wish.
Rader

Leelou
11-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Oh, Richelle, you look great! Thanks for posting the pic to this thread, definitely a good response to the OP.

Lucy23
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I too keep a full beard and will continue to do so because without it it wouldn't be me. I like being a guy, it's just as simple as that. With that said, I'm a man in a dress. I wear women's clothes because I like the feeling and it helps me to express some parts of me. It completes me. I know it would be jarring to see me dressed in completely feminine clothing. I'm not trying to pass or even emulate a woman for that matter, no padding, makeup or breastforms; it wouldn't be who I am. Although I have to say that I like wearing bras, but only those that don't make me appear to have breasts.

terza
11-09-2017, 08:47 PM
there is a fellow in greenwich, hudson st with a cool guy fawkes (trim) who wears skirts and high heel boots --great look for "him" --it just possible that crossdressing needs to evolve to wearing what a person want w/o the concept of "passing" as a "she" --which i think it creates more misunderstanding that crossdressers wants men.

suzanne
11-09-2017, 09:24 PM
No beard or mustache here. But I'm completely in love with how I feel getting put into the world wearing a skirt and top outfit and the right shoes to complete the ensemble. As a man in a dress, I don't try to pass as a woman, and I might not look "right" to everyone. But I'll say this. I love how I look when I'm put together. I feel its my best possible look, and thanks to the SAs that have tutored me, my look is better than I ever thought possible. You might not agree if you were to see me, but I feel confident and that helps me sell it.

Teresa
11-09-2017, 09:30 PM
HarleyGirl,
No it's not for me, it's too much of a contradiction , maybe I don't pass but being told I look convincing as a woman by GGs is wonderful , no way it's going to happen with facial hair. I know it would attract more attention and lead to adverse comments , my needs are to dress like a woman and live a life in that mode .

Ozark
11-09-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm the same way... no desire to pass, just like wearing women's clothes.

I too have a beard and mustache and I haven't cut my hair in almost a year.

Becky Blue
11-09-2017, 11:33 PM
Each to their own... I have not comment on beards but Harleygirl you say you used to try pass, but now gave up on that. In my opinion not many people pass ie someone will always work us out.. but most of us can blend ie go about our business largely unnoticed.

Ariana225
11-10-2017, 12:04 AM
I have a goatee that I love in guy mode and wish I could remove in girl mode. My wife loves my facial hair way too much and it's the least I could do with all the love, compassion, support, and acceptance she has given me. She isn't forcing me to keep it, I keep it because of what I listed.

Jennifer W
11-10-2017, 07:51 AM
I too have a goatee that my wife loves. Keeping it for my wife is the very least I can do. I used to dress for the look but over time I now just dress for the feeling anyway. I no longer have skirts and dresses. Sportswear and bras and panties is where I am now. I'm happy with that.

GeorgeA
11-12-2017, 09:39 PM
You should read my thread "Are you a miad?". I have just brought it up to the front.
I have always been a miad. I have facial hair and do not emulate a woman. I wear clothes that I like and that make me comfortable. Does wearing a skirt make me look like a woman? No, look around and you'll see lots of women wearing not skirts but trousers.
In reply to Minnie I have no desire to ever use makup, wigs or bras.
I am strictly a man and therefore my clothes are man's clothes not woman's.

GeorgeA
11-15-2017, 10:23 PM
I You just need to do what pleases you and don't worry about others.

I think that is the essence of crossdressing. I'm a miad because that pleases me and I don't have to conform to what others think.

JuLo
11-16-2017, 07:39 AM
I have a goatee and mustache, but I still love to dress! Facial hair or not, it doesn't stop me from glamming it up!

LeannS
11-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Yes I too have a mustache have had for many years my wife says no to shaving it off It is her way of having me stay inside oh she knows I dress and doesn't like it at all.
but I have found a way around it a mask since it is cold and flu season or is coming fast upon us. I have a mask I wear yes that is the one in my profile picture does it draw attention maybe I don't want to get sick. just a thought

Leann

Sarah Doepner
11-16-2017, 12:53 PM
I wore a mustache for years until I started to enjoy using make up. It just made things difficult so I shaved it off. As the others say here, do what works for you and if maintaining facial hair is working, great. I wish I were that strong (or could grow a reasonable beard).

When I go out I'm fairly self conscious and want to give off as many feminine cues as possible, hoping I can be around the corner and out of sight before they turn to say "What was that?" I try my best to look as little like a man as possible. Even then I'm only approaching the idea of blending. So when I say I'd probably not go walking down the street or through a mall with you, it's not a sign that I disapprove, it indicates I'm still not accepting myself well enough yet. I see it as "blowing my cover" and attracting attention I'm not strong enough to take. There are other environments where I have enjoyed spending time with someone crossdressed and wearing a full beard, but if I was attempting to merge with the flow, I'd be lying to you if I said I'd be hanging close by.

GeorgeA
11-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Sarah,
This is the problem many crossdressers face. How to look female yet being a male. We, miads, do not imitate women and therefore we are males who just like to wear different clothes. Since wearing a skirt and a beard might look strange to the general public we do not go out and stay home.

GeorgeA
11-27-2017, 12:21 AM
HarleyGirl wrote: I saw a website, and now I can’t find it to share with you guys, but when I find it again I’ll share it
Any luck finding it? It sounds intriguing.

Rowan Ailbhe
11-27-2017, 05:53 AM
Until a few days ago, I had not seen my chin for the beter part of a decade...and I did not shave my body ever since I met R. She likes the hair. She also convinced me that she likes me happy and relaxed more...so...off it came. Some folks at work are going to be a little suprised this morning.

R. is of the opinion that I have been hiding behind it....maybe so. There is much I do not understand as yet.

Sandy Storm
11-27-2017, 10:33 AM
I am a very large competitive powerlifter, I=unril a few months ago I had a beard that went to my nipples, had to shave it for a job :(, I still dressed in private and in front of my wife with it..I just love the feel ad the swish of female clothes and lingerie ...so rock it!!! no i didnt do any makeup or wigs at the time of having a beard, now that i am clean shaving I did pull out the makeup and wigs..I do like to feel pretty

Leann_M
11-28-2017, 09:33 AM
I also have a mustache and goatee that my wife loves. I don't plan on going out so keeping it won't be a problem for me. Just a MIAD here I guess though when I dress I still like to be as fem as possible considering the circumstances. It doesn't really matter anyway since I couldn't pass regardless.

wanda66
11-29-2017, 03:37 PM
I have long hair ,without a mustache and goatee I have a feminine look. Don’t get me wrong that’s great. Problem is I am big guy 230/6’4” and I am in a masculine business.
I shave from time to time . People remark “ you look just like you mother” it’s great !
I enjoy the feel and freedom of my female side I just wish I wasn’t it the closest. My life can’t weather that revelation right now. But who knows about the future.
So I dress when the opportunity presents itself, and enjoy my life. Wearing a different color panty each day of the week !
Life is grand!!

Angela R
11-30-2017, 04:13 AM
It feels weird to think about it now, but I had a beard all the time until about 5 years ago (I'm 62). Now, I can't stand having any facial hair and I started electrolysis 2 month ago - only 2 more years :sad: and it will be all gone.

annecwesley
11-30-2017, 06:09 AM
The sun has not shone on my chin for 40 years, but I've been shaving my legs for the last 25. My wife is afraid that if I shave my beard I'll do the whole makeup and wig thing and go out trying to pass. She might be right. I've occasionally worn a skirt out in public as a man with little to no reaction.

Nastasha
12-01-2017, 09:34 PM
I too am rocking a soup strainer and chin warmer.
There is no way in the world I could ever pass, well, maybe if somebody squinted really hard and used a lot of imagination.
I've always marched to my own drummer and do not care what people think. I have the classic barrel chest, monster arms, hands the size of hams and a voice tone and pitch that makes the dishes rattle. No one has talked down to or given me any guff about anything since I was 14 or 15.
I do not dress for anyone except myself, I enjoy the cut, look and feeling of women's clothes - always have. I wear what I like, what is comfy and enjoy it.

Marianne S
12-01-2017, 10:07 PM
I've had a beard on and off ever since I was in college, and though I say it myself, I look good with it as a man. My wife always liked it too, since that's the way I looked when we first met.

Just the same, I have to admit I can't look feminine with a beard. So it's a tradeoff. There was a long period in the middle of our marriage when I went without a beard, and dressed frequently at home. This included the time when our daughter was born, so my wife's memory of me always tended to include the beard, while our daughter's memory of me as a little girl was clean-shaven.

As our daughter grew up, I stopped dressing openly at home, and I felt free to grow my beard again. But I'm sorry to say I lost my wife three years ago, and our daughter has now "left the nest." That left me living on my own, but one consolation is that I feel freer to dress whenever I like. To take advantage of the opportunity to look more feminine once again, I've now shaved my beard off. If I hadn't done that, I could never have gone grocery shopping dressed, as I did on Halloween last year.

Mind you, I still think the beard makes me look better as a male, more "distinguished" if you like in my senior years. But life is full of tradeoffs, and this is where I am right now, beardless and enjoying the more feminine look that's only possible for the clean-shaven!

GeorgeA
12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Heather 1970 wrote:
I do not dress for anyone except myself, I enjoy the cut, look and feeling of women's clothes - always have. I wear what I like, what is comfy and enjoy it.
That's exactly why I consider myself a "miad".