PDA

View Full Version : podcast or vlog or meh

sarah_hillcrest
11-10-2017, 09:16 PM
I drive 2 hours a day for work. On Wednesday I used the voice recorder on my phone and just talked, first just to listen to the sound of my voice at a couple different pitches. Then I decided to just start talking, I talked nonstop for 7 minutes and listened as what seemed like deep intense stuff came out of my mouth. Later that night I deleted the files for no good reason.

Thursday I did it again, and again I found that once I got started the words just flowed, I didn't delete these recordings.

So I've been really enjoying writing a little "weekend update" about the adventures that Lady and I get up to, been thinking of doing a vlog, but that seems problematic. I could make the video unlisted, and share the url here, and I think be 99% safe that it wouldn't go any farther. But if its just my voice I don't think I would have a problem with it being listed on the net. Not that I'm under any illusions that anyone really wants to hear it.

Tracii G
11-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Sure I would love to listen to it.

LaurenS
11-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Go for it!

Maria Blackwood
11-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Sign up with a stock photo and video service, and try to piece together videos using clips and stills that match or augment your stream of consciousness.

Here’s a set of fake TV show trailers created entirely from stock footage showing what’s possible: https://vimeo.com/122397799

sarah_hillcrest
11-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Sign up with a stock photo and video service, and try to piece together videos using clips and stills that match or augment your stream of consciousness.

Here’s a set of fake TV show trailers created entirely from stock footage showing what’s possible: https://vimeo.com/122397799

What a cool idea, might try that.

Today I set up my camera and started talking to it. No where near as easy as it was when I was driving down the interstate I felt very awkward and stumbled a lot. Oddly I felt like I looked and sounded good voice wise, but I just have this massive fear of uploading a video of myself to youtube, even if I unlisted it. I do think I may try to do the voice thing though and go more of podcast route.

alesha
11-13-2017, 01:31 PM
That is a good idea. I watch a lot of YouTube and the ones with stock footage is much more interesting that just a video of the presenter talking on camera.

I have a couple videos of me talking on camera posted on YouTube, unlisted. No one’s ever accidentally stumbled on to but I’ve never posted the link/channel name anywhere. Of course, my YouTube channel/account name is completely different than my primary account and all the precautionary warning about two accounts apply.

*edit*
If you were to post a link here, I would check it out [but I probably won’t subscribe as I don’t want anything linked to my YouTube accounts.]