PDA

View Full Version : Some women will not accept us wearing a wig, why is that ?

Rayleen
11-11-2017, 05:47 PM
I notice some mentioning we can dress, but no wigs...its part of feminine attire.

Mine has no problem with any of women's clothing and accessories and wigs .

alwayshave
11-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Even with makeup on I look like my male self, until I put the wig on, that changes everything.

Lana Mae
11-11-2017, 05:53 PM
After the make up, the wig completes the feminization and this is not what they want to see apparently! Just one possibility! Hugs Lana Mae

Gillian Gigs
11-11-2017, 06:22 PM
This is just like another thread on heels. Why does a particular item seem to go too far for the SO? Who knows!

kimdl93
11-11-2017, 06:28 PM
I’m sure its been said before, but its not about the wigs, the breast forms, the dresses...whatever. The problem is that most women are attracted to men...they like the look, smell and feel of a masculine body. Now, assume ‘she’ has been attracted by these aspects.....and now she is presented with another woman....more or less. Not hard to understand why that might be a bridge too far.

BLUE ORCHID
11-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Hi Rayleen :hugs:, My wig is my CROWNING GLORY !

There are as many reasons why an SO will object as there is SO's.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Rayleen
11-11-2017, 06:35 PM
You're right Kim , it changes the male picture and they don't accept the change.

AllieSF
11-11-2017, 06:51 PM
I have seen the recent and old threads on this topic. As others have said, it must represent that last straw that breaks the camels back! However, this peculiar point of view based on all my time on this site are few a far between, thankfully! It is not a common experience.

Tracii G
11-11-2017, 08:01 PM
I had a lady ask me why I wore a wig and breast forms and hip pads.
She was truly curious and couldn't see the reason behind it.
I asked her well would you go out as a man with big boobs and wide hips?
She said you can rest your case I get the point now.If you want to look like a woman you need boobs and the hair for sure hips not so much.

Kas
11-11-2017, 08:33 PM
I think it is quite easy to see why a wig might not be popular with the SOs compared to other items. The reason? It's an artificial piece of plastic (basically) which when worn, could easily convey that you wish you were really a woman and might want to transition. Clothing you can argue the comfort and how it makes ou feel sexy or whatever, but wearing a wig and forms is a pure emulation of trying to be female ie you want to wear them so you can pretend to be a girl, not just a crossdressers as you probably told your wife you were.

Sorry in a rush on my phone. Hope this makes some sense.

terza
11-11-2017, 08:59 PM
just curious, how much would a cross-dresser pay for a wig? is it like a colnago, stereo equipment, etc. that may cost an insane amount?
and for the non-hair-challenged, is there any reason against growing out your hair? --military is the obvious.

Alice B
11-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Without the wig I am not female, no matter what I am wearing and how much make up I have on. I suffer from that problem.No wig fine. With wig she will not look at me, but will accept that I am dressed

Tracii G
11-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Kas women wear wigs all the time so I think thats not a huge deal to them if a guy wears one.

IleneD
11-11-2017, 10:15 PM
I don't understand it and my wife can't explain it.
The Wig is one of the "bridge slightly too far" aspects of my dressing up. She's seen me in dresses and femme outfits. Seen me in panties. But for some reason the wig makes her slightly uncomfortable.
I attribute it to being akin to the breast forms (or bra for that matter), hip pads or any body shaping items. The female clothing alone doesn't disturb her but the body shaping she does not like. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop padding or forming my body to conform to a female shape.

Ineke Vashon
11-11-2017, 10:21 PM
To think that around 1800 or so men wore elaborate, powdered wigs (accepted by women of that period).

Perhaps, just perhaps, that fashion might come back in our favor, minus the powder? :daydreaming:

Ineke

Kas
11-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Kas women wear wigs all the time so I think thats not a huge deal to them if a guy wears one.

Sorry tracii, should have said SO instead of the word "ladies". I can see how it has a completely different meaning. Edited original comment.

Diane Smith
11-12-2017, 02:25 AM
To think that around 1800 or so men wore elaborate, powdered wigs (accepted by women of that period).

Perhaps, just perhaps, that fashion might come back in our favor, minus the powder? :daydreaming:

Hopefully, they would also be made of something a little more appealing than horse hair.

- Diane

Stephanie47
11-12-2017, 03:09 AM
The most traumatic aspect for my wife battling breast cancer last year was the loss of her hair. For many women it is their defining point of their femininity. It's more than the clothes or the makeup or the heels. I can only imagine seeing a husband going from short hair or male pattern baldness (me) to having long beautiful hair (especially natural hair as opposed to synthetic) is the final straw that broke her back. I would highly recommend if you're a man who wants to emulate women grow your hair out...way out. Then the women you meet will only know you as having long hair.

leotard fan
11-12-2017, 04:18 AM
i agree with kim. but my GF donĀ“t mind that i use wig (blonde).

Rayleen
11-12-2017, 04:47 AM
just curious, how much would a cross-dresser pay for a wig? is it like a colnago, stereo equipment, etc. that may cost an insane amount?
and for the non-hair-challenged, is there any reason against growing out your hair? --military is the obvious.

As we age, hair receded and would not look like a so.

Ressie
11-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Maybe it's because some women want to be men and can't understand why any man would want to present as a woman. I have no desire to be with a woman that presents as a man (with facial hair) but I don't mind if she wears jeans and a baseball cap. Just another perspective...

Alice Torn
11-12-2017, 01:21 PM
i have not met a woman yet, that accepted me dressing period!

terza
11-12-2017, 01:40 PM
As we age, hair receded and would not look like a so.

i'm not sure you can speak for the whole of men. and which question did you answer? neither.

carrie2014
11-12-2017, 01:59 PM
My problem is that in the past I have wanted to look younger then my age (68) so I wore a blond wig when dressed. My SO liked the way I looked but as time went on I wanted to look more my age so I wore a brown wig, again not really looking the way I felt. So when my SO and I were out at a yard sale I saw a very nice off gray wig and she said to buy it. The next time I dressed I was very happy when I put on the new gray wig, looked more my age. Felt great until my SO saw me. She said to me I don't like the gray wig or the brown wig only the blond wig. I started to think about this for a couple of weeks then realized that I think that she likes that Carrie is more her age (60) and she does not want an older female around. I am afraid to ask her why she does not like the other color wigs. I don't want to have her change her mind about me dressing. Only time will tell. I was thinking of wearing the gray wig again and ask her when I am wearing it why she does not like this wig. May be that will solve my problem when we talk about it again. May be if I explain the reason who I think the gray one looks better she will be more understanding.

RADER
11-12-2017, 02:37 PM
My wife insisted on me getting a wig; So I did.
She then said I could wear it around the house, but
not every day. She said that she did not mind me in a skirt,
but the wig every day was a little overboard.
Rader

Rayleen
11-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Carrie , when I purchased a wig, I looked for one the about the same color as my hair, so she said its nice it loos like you and with a younger look.

Maybe choose one that is closest to your natural hair, just a sujestion. ...Hope you find the right one.

Maria Blackwood
11-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Grow hair long. Tie into pony tail in male mode.

Jenny22
11-13-2017, 01:14 PM
For me, the wig is my final transformation to 'womanhood.' Without it, I'm still a male. I may be more femme, but I'm still a guy.

Krisi
11-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Nobody can say why a woman doesn't want her husband to wear a wig except for that particular woman. Of course we could ask that question about boobs or hips as well or even women's clothes. Each woman is an individual and each relationship is unique.

Like many have said, the wig (or long hair) is a big "female" thing. I can strap on my boobs, slip on my hips, throw on a fancy dress, but until I put the wig on, I am just a man in a dress. The wig completes the transformation.

Allsteamedup
11-16-2017, 06:02 PM
' The wig completes the transformation'! That's it, in a nutshell.

This is the aspect that causes the most fear in women. You can explain that you want to dress, but as soon as the wig comes out, they're gone. Why? Many can accept your explanation. Some can accept seeing you dressed without the wig. As soon as the wig goes on you disappear. You can explain 'til the cows come home that you are the same person underneath, but you, the person who looks like the man they married, has gone. For many women it's too much. You can reappear later, but all they see is you fully transformed. At that point all explanations about wanting to dress are lost because they see that you want to be someone else. Wanting to be someone else is not the same as wanting to dress, as far as they are concerned.

If cders would try to understand this point there would be fewer instances of confusion with partners.

Rayleen
11-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Women will look at their man face and visualise in their head the husband they married, then if you wear a wig or hair change, to them its not the same picture and not the same man. the picture is another woman and to them its not appealing and they will be negative and cannot accept it.

This is my only explanation I can come up with.