PDA

View Full Version : Muggle encounter!

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Muggles don't usually bother with me! They make some comment (99.9% good) and move on! Yesterday in the grocery store in line, someone grabbed my hand and said what color today? Referring to my finger nails! It was one of the checkout clerks who knows I wear polish on my finger nails! She was fooled as there was no polish(color) this time! I told her I was giving them a rest! (True) She said Oh! and walked away! I was surprised that she grabbed my hand! I am not insulted or anything! It was just strange! I am sure she did not have any hidden meaning just wanted to see the color! Hugs Lana Mae

suzanne
11-12-2017, 10:33 AM
This is just me, because I have a real problem with people invading my space. A touch on the arm is probably ok but grabbing the hands would have me recoiling. How do other people respond when you grab their hands?

~Joanne~
11-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if a female does it, a male? that's a different story. It all comes down to what they are touching,and why. In your case, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. It's part of human nature to just touch. Ever walk by something and just touch it to see how it feels or what not? I admit touching a person is different, especially in this day and age but it's how some people express their selves, most don't even realize they did it or that it may be wrong.

foxy bartender
11-12-2017, 11:23 AM
I know I’m sooo not ok with this. I do not like to be touched by anyone without my consent. I’m a germaphobe and don’t even shake hands with people. I’m glad that it didn’t upset you, but I know I would have not been happy, and she would have been asked to kindly stop and take a step back. I don’t do well with others in my personal space, and I know others are the same. People like her drive me crazy!

Minnietheminx
11-12-2017, 11:43 AM
What is a Muggles? :confused2: sorry i need to learn some of these terms x

FrankieB
11-12-2017, 11:52 AM
I used to have a real problem with this in general, until I left my home country. To an extent I still do. But knowing people from different countries and cultures, you have, or I at least certainly do, to just accept it. If you have a phobia about this, avoid real Italians (from personal experience).

Stephanie47
11-12-2017, 12:13 PM
I suspect there is an ongoing relationship between you and her in as much as you wear different nail color frequently. Hence, the apparently familiarity with her approach. I've known one particular woman at my local Fred Meyer variety/grocery store since 1976. She and I look forward to our encounters because of the long term relationship. Frankly, if I were to wear nail polish and change colors frequently I'd be disappointed if she did not notice. She probably could not detect the nail color from a distance and was curious. If this was done by a male or a woman I did not know I would not like it.

jjjjohanne
11-12-2017, 12:17 PM
What is a Muggles? :confused2: sorry i need to learn some of these terms x

A "Muggle" is a non-magic person in the Harry Potter book series. The term has come to be used by groups of people who refer to those who are outside the group. I have seen it used here by crossdressers to refer to people in the non-crossdressing world. I have also seen it used by computer people referring to non-technical people they encounter.

Fiona123
11-12-2017, 12:19 PM
If I did not know the person very well I would be very upset as that kind of intrusion into my space.

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Suzanne-I do not grab other people's hands. I am just surprised that she felt OK doing it!
Joanne-That is how I felt that she was just expressing herself!
Foxy-My daughter is a germaphobe and I know what you mean!
Minnie-Muggles are everyday ordinary people! Read Harry Potter! In this case, non-TG!
Frankie-Yes Italians are very touchy, kissy, huggy!
Thanks for your responses!
Hugs Lana Mae

Maria 60
11-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Wow that's pretty strange most women usally don't like to be touched, but I would take it flattering that she feels that comfortable with you. I wouldn't have minded at all.

Rogina B
11-12-2017, 12:27 PM
She knows you and your uniqueness and she is just "checking you out".. Consider yourself cool enough for her attention !

Tracii G
11-12-2017, 12:31 PM
If you knew her from past encounters I guess it was semi OK.
A person I don't know I would not care for it.

Minnietheminx
11-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Thankyou for clarifying Lana and JJJJohanne....ah yes i knew i had seen the name somewhere before lol...
To add to the original post..I would take it as a compliment. I am quite a huggy touchy GG. If i am familiar with somebody i always greet with a hug or a peck on cheek and probably would have done the same if i was familiar with you and we had talked about our nails over a period of time...We dont think.....its just an affectionate way of being friendly when you are familiar with somebody though i do appreciate that not all people like it as i too once found out and had someone pull away very quickly. Not everyone is the same but some of us are just loving and touchy feely people xxx

Helen_Highwater
11-12-2017, 12:51 PM
For me this is just another example of the differences between the sexes. GG's tend to be much more "Touchy - Feely". They are far less conscious of space invasion. They grow up with it. Think back to school days. Girls might plat each others hair, or apply makeup on a friend, they were much more intimate in their social relationships.

This SA has a relationship with Lana Mae. While it might seem a little tenuous for her it nevertheless exists. Barriers have been set aside. I'm pleased for Lana Mae as this shows there are kind and generous people out there who have no issues in having her enter their lives. Having that level of simple human interaction is a thing to be welcomed. Far too many live lives isolated from those around them, afraid of the bogyman lurking in every stranger.

Lana Mae, make sure you talk to her next time you're there. Make good eye contact and flash those nails, electric blue would be my colour choice.

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Stephanie-Yes I would probably be upset if I did not "know" her!
Johanne-Thanks you said it better than me!
Fiona-I have encountered her in the store 4-5 times!
Maria-Since it was who it was it was OK!
Rogina-It is strange that you said that! I was in the store one day and two of the check out ladies started a verbal argument over who was going to check me out! They both know that I wear nail polish! It was mock but it was kind of cute! She is one of them!
Tracii-I have encountered her in the store 4-5 times!
Minnie-You are welcome! Yes if I know some one fairly well, I will greet them with a hug! My motto: Real men hug! LOL
Helen-Note that this was in male mode! I am saving the electric blue for New Years! I was thinking maybe pumpkin orange for fall harvest and all that! LOL
Thanks all for your responses!
Hugs Lana Mae

Jean 103
11-12-2017, 01:45 PM
This is a very good thing. She feels she knows you well enough to have this type of interaction with you. It shows she accepts you for you. She is treating you like a girl, is this not what you and everyone here wants? To be treated as you are representing? This is normal for GGs, it happens to me all the time. My girl friends all hug, also do some of my guy friends, I think they are just copying the girls. Guys, with me don't know if they should shake my hand or hug me. I know this, if I see them hesitate, l will quickly put out my hand. This took some getting use to at first. I have never been someone to touch another person.

Pat
11-12-2017, 01:57 PM
I actually have a very similar relationship with some of the checkout clerks at my favorite grocery store. There are several who always want to see my nails when I come in. I would take the hand-grab as a positive sign that you are accepted as "one of the girls." They (probably) wouldn't do that to men or to strangers. I notice that women I've developed friendships with come much deeper into my personal space than they ever did (or I would ever have allowed) when I was playing man. It's not sexual nor even romantic, it's just a sign of trust and fellowship.

Jean 103
11-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Pat is right , it's not about sex. Oh and what person space. Between my friends and me it's like 0.

Diane Smith
11-12-2017, 02:27 PM
This has happened to me several times when I was wearing pretty nails, even from women I didn't know (at fast food drive-up windows, for example). I absolutely love the attention! Guess I'm kind of the touchy-feely type, myself.

- Diane

Leslie Mary S
11-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Contrary to belief "Muggle" was in the english language before Harry Potter.
Muggle was a 1930s jazz slang word for someone who uses cannabis. "Muggles" is the title of a 1928 recording by Louis Armstrong and His Orchestra.

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Jean-Yes but I was in male mode! No forms, no make up and no wig!
Pat-I guess the finger nail polish makes for some kind of fellowship although I don't think she wears any!
Jean-Sex was the furthest thing from my mind!
Diane-Yes but most ask first! Like I said I do not really mind it was just sort of different!
Thanks for the responses!
Hugs Lana Mae

Leslie Mary S
11-12-2017, 03:07 PM
enjoyed the post. I have not ventured out very often in nail polish. Did it once, when I went in drab and had forgotten I had nails and polish on. went to the local Walmart. No body said a thing to me.

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Leslie-Thanks! I think I vaguely remember hearing about that other older muggle reference! Most people do not say a thing and mine are painted 24/7 except right now! Resting them! Thanks for your response!

Note: Just went to the store and the other checkout clerk did the same thing! This is the cute one who just giggled and giggled when she first saw my nails painted as she said she had never seen a man with painted nails! I told her I paid for it and I will have it! She agreed! Later when they were painted rose blush, she said it went well with my skin tone! So, I guess I have a couple of ladies keeping an eye on my hands! LOL
Hugs Lana Mae

kimdl93
11-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Seems ok to me. Had it been a complete stranger....well then they wouldn’t have been curious in the first place.

Lana Mae
11-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Kim-You are right! If they did not know they would not have went there!
Hugs Lana Mae

GracieRose
11-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Once at the grocery, a GG was getting a cart at the same time as me (in girl mode) and I complimented her nail color, then showed her that I had almost the same shade. She started touching my shoulders and launching into animated conversation like we were old girlfriends. I took this to be a sign of acceptance and I think your encounter should be accepted the same way. I was unnerved for an instant, since women just don't behave this way with men (per my experience). I immediately recognized that I have often seen women communicate this way with each other. She made my day as I felt that I had been accepted into the tribe.

docrobbysherry
11-12-2017, 10:29 PM
No offense, Lana Mae. But, I would hardly call someone who is familiar with u and your unusual "habits" a muggle!:straightface:

Fundle
11-12-2017, 10:51 PM
I guess I'm a little different, but I don't mind being touched or having my personal space invaded, by either male or female, as long as it's meant in a positive, friendly manner. I wasn't always that way, however. Maybe it's partly because as part of my job I'm always reaching out, making my hand available to help people down the steps of my bus. I don't touch first, and I'm very sensitive to others who don't want to be touched. But I don't shy away from being touched by anyone, even in other situations. I almost never touch first, but I'm quick to return a touch to let someone know it's okay, if it's a friendly situation, such as yours with looking at your nail color.

I used to really shy away from anyone touching my shoulder or back, fearing they'd discover my bra straps. But I've come to terms with that, too, especially realizing that, at least to my knowledge, no one has ever discovered I'm wearing a bra just by touching my shoulder or back. Or if they have, they haven't said anything about it. Either is okay with me.

Lana Mae
11-13-2017, 07:27 AM
Gracie-I have comments before but this is the first touching I have experienced concerning my nails! It is not a bad feeling but a more surprised one!
Sherry-Maybe you are right! It also is of their choosing!
Fundle-Welcome to the forum! As above, more surprised than anything! I am a hugger once I get to know you! Real men hug!
Thanks for your responses!
Hugs Lana Mae

Jean 103
11-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Lana Mae, this is why I state I'm a transgender person not a woman. There is a big difference but I'm treated the same most of the time, sometimes even when I'm in male mode. In the beginning a few years ago, I would only represent one way at places, like work guy mode, of the bar girl mode. These two I still stick to this rule of mine. Everywhere else I can show up in eather mode, like the tanning salon, there they treat me as a girl no matter what I'm wearing, or the SA will not gender me at all. My friend's always use female pronouns. I still say this is a very good thing. It shows acceptance. I find that in general it seams people, mainly GGs, go out of their way, or tend to comment on me more than they would a GG. It's just another thing I've gotten use to. My best friend has witnessed this a lot. She didn't understand at first, she sees me as just Jean. We are out always wearing cute things , but I'm the one that gets the comments. Just yesterday it was my cute ankle boots.

rachael.davis
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Women touch other women more freely than men, if your presentation is becoming increasingly feminine you might want to get used to it. Other hand a couple of years ago I was doing my standard waxing at a spa, chit chatting with the tech (we got along well), I sat up to make doing my arms easier, and Mai sort of startled, grabbed my chest and squeezed, went to the door and called one of the other techs that I use who walked in and did the same thing. Mai giggled and said so sorry - your boobies are bigger!
It was a serious Molly Ringwald moment "OMG I just got felt up by my grandmother"

Lana Mae
11-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Jean-I am not sure what I am! Not totally male but not totally female! Male at work and not one or the other most of the time!
Rachael-I have noticed the touchy thing between females especially Spanish women with their children/grandchildren! It is just cultural and no big deal!

Well, I got my nails done this afternoon! I needed a loaf of bread so I went to the store! I walked up to the checkout person this thread is about and said is that better? She said , yes, much better! LOL

Thanks for all your responses!
Hugs Lana Mae