PDA

View Full Version : vintage clothing

rhondasxycd
03-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Does anyone else enjoy the vintage look clothing from the 50's and 60's..Like the ones pictured...I love the dresses,skirts and tops i see on these sites.. www.daddyos.com www.modemerr.com www.pinupgirlclothing.com

Alexandria
03-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Wow, thanks for the link! Personally I've never been into vintage clothing because I've seen the ugliest vintage stuff at local thrift shops. But wow, some of these dresses are fantastic!

Trish
03-12-2006, 09:06 AM
I would love to wear them both.

Foxy Lady
03-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I started my dressing with my mothers rubber Playtex obg from the50's.

Carlacd
03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
YES, YES, if i could fit into any of them. Most of my stockings i get are of the era. FF's and RHT's, both would look really good with most of the outfits. Thanks for the thread Rhonda.

ReginaK
03-12-2006, 02:32 PM
YES, YES, if i could fit into any of them. Most of my stockings i get are of the era. FF's and RHT's, both would look really good with most of the outfits. Thanks for the thread Rhonda.

The Pinupgirls site carries pretty big clothes. Don't let the rail thin models fool you. I'm a size 24 dress and they have stuff that fits me. Some of their stuff goes up to 3x.

Rachel Morley
03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow! The daddyos site is awesome! My wife Marla has just bought both of us some dresses that are 1950's style. Mine's yellow and hers is pink. If you click on her avatar you'll see her wearing hers in her profile pic. Click on the link below for a peek.
http://crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=9752

I love the 1950's style of dressing. One of my favorite movies is Pleasantville. There's a great line in the movie where Reese Witherspoon's character Jennifer, speaks to Tobey Maguire's charater David:

David: They're happy like this.
Jennifer: No, David. Nobody's happy in a poodle skirt and a sweater set.

Err.....sorry, but I am. :) :)

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes!

TracyDeluxe
03-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I love wearing vintage dresses and lingerie! Back when women were expected to wear dresses, none of this "casual" stuff!

Thanks for the links!

Aileen
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I love vintage dresses from the Seventies. I wrote a story about it, with plenty of photos, called "The Magic of Vintage Dresses." I won't post a link to it here, but it's on Fictionmania.

amanda silk
03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
thanks for the link Rhonda, those are some of the most stunning dresses ive seen, im in heaven. will pass the link on to the girls in oz, many thanks again. Must get that swing dress, yummy.

Teresa Amina
03-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I love vintage dresses from the Seventies.

Feeling old here! '70s as Vintage; seems like yesterday, but yes, the clothes are neat. I often looked at them then but had neither the money or nerve to buy them!

Mandy Salamander
03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
much thanxx!!!!! for th' links, Rhonda, darling!!!,,,,,i absolutely adore vintage clothes,,, prob'ly cus' i'm no spring chicky-baby myself, they're th' styles i grew up with and started dressing in,, 'n actually still have a few things bought new from th' later '60's,,, 'n actually 'bout 50% o' my wardrobe is vintage, from that era,(50's,60's,early 70's)!, 'n thats a lotta clothing!!!,,, i shop ebay heavily and even moreso a local consignment shop, where i've developed a close friendship with th' owner,(she' a doll!!!), thanx again, i always wanted t' be a gogo girl!!!!!

annekathleen
03-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I have one full tote of vintage bras and panties and slips and girdles
Anyone interested in buying them?

suit
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
vintage girdles???
what style size ect? :cheer:

Aileen
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Feeling old here! '70s as Vintage; seems like yesterday, but yes, the clothes are neat. I often looked at them then but had neither the money or nerve to buy them!

Here's me in a nice blue vintage Seventies dress:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24337

jesse
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
the 50's era was one of the sexiest times for womens fashions thus far! thanks for the pics!!!!

tamyracd
03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I love the whole culture of rat rods ,pinup look..well it might be the fishnets and red lipstick..*s*

ashlee chiffon
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
i have gotten great vintage dresses at garage sales...estate sales are best...especially in the bigger cities. Long dresses fit best, but one has to be able to tell sizes well by looking, as i've found most vintage clothing is sized smaller then today's fashions.
i'm Really in love with brief style panties from the early era...with lots of lacy design on the hips and the nylon double crotch panties... especially Vanity Fair panties...they are simply the best when it comes to soft, silky panties ...heavenly to feel on you hips and rear! I buy many of mine on ebay, but not so much now as others really bid up the ones in good shape. I saw one pair of vanity's go for $114.00 with a couple of heavy bidders!
vintage isn't cheap!

Sarah Rabbit
03-13-2006, 03:57 AM
I have what she's wearing. I absolutely adore vintage clothes from various era's:D :D :D

Hugs, Sarah :bunny:

Penny
03-13-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm vintage in any clothing I wear! Oh! About the sites, absolutely fab
(that's fifty's talk you know). I particularly fell in love with the martini dresses; kind of reminded when I looked good with a martini;)

rhondasxycd
03-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks for all the feed back ladies !! glad everyone enjoyed the links !!! I know i adore some of the dresses there !! wish i had them all!!!!!

Aileen
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Ever see that movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey wind up traveling back to the Seventies in a flashback, and Kate Winslet winds up in a cute Seventies dress, and she actually says, "Look at this dress! It's so cute! I wish I could take it back with me!"

Go to the vintage dress stores, girl.

Alexandria
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Ever see that movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey wind up traveling back to the Seventies in a flashback, and Kate Winslet winds up in a cute Seventies dress, and she actually says, "Look at this dress! It's so cute! I wish I could take it back with me!"

Go to the vintage dress stores, girl.

OH MY GOD YES! I remember that dress. As a matter of fact, here's a picture:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4130/clipboard026oc.jpg

I simply would love to find something like that at a vintage shop!

Snookums
03-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I love the WW2 style womens clothes,especially the shoes,wish I could find them,Ebay has garbage