PDA

View Full Version : How Many of your Mothers or sisters knew when growing up?

krista65
03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi..I was just wondering if any of you girls had a supportive mother or sister growing up that helped you and you felt less guilt about your desires to dress as a woman?

I unfortunately had to hisde deep in my closet but I did have access to a wonderful wardrobe! I never told anyone until I had my first steady girlfriend at 16 and she helped me a little..:happy:

janelle
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Had a sister who somewhat helpped, now she all for me,but needs to get a job first b4 e can have fun.

Angela Burke
03-12-2006, 04:17 PM
My Mother always knew I was a crossdresser and was always very supportive.
I've got four older sisters and it wasn't a problem for them either.
I always had a large choice of hand me down dresses and skirts from my two sisters closest to me in age and size when we were growing up.
I absolutely loved being the youngest girl.

Stormgirl
03-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Only child in the family but I wished I had a sister.Both of my parents knew but didnt support it.

Deborah
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I believe my mother and older sister knew. Never said anything and i never brought it up.
Wow you had a girlfriend at 16 i had to wait till i was....umm nevermind.:o

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm didn't have any sisters and I'm not sure if my mother knew. The closest I came to getting caught was when my mother noticed I had a rash (twas razor burn) on shaved armpits. I came up with some cockamamie story about shaving them because I got a rash from deoderant (which strikes me today as an incredibly unlikely story), and she put me on a regimen of hypo-allergenic deoderant. I reckon she wanted to believe my story. Ayayayay.

Alexandria
03-12-2006, 08:41 PM
My sister knows, but she prefers I CD like once in a while...she doesn't know I enjoy dressing up every day

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
My mother knew, caught me and punished me multiple times for it. :sad:

Kimberley

DonnaT
03-13-2006, 08:05 AM
No sisters.

My mother caught me and found my stash of clothes, which she confiscated, but she never said anything about it.

Recently, I have told her everything and shown her pictures. She's accepting now, and has given me clothes and earrings.

sharifemme
03-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Wow, my mother caught me a few times and resorted to threats and coercion to get me to try to stop. She even threatened me at my wedding that if my wife ever found out, she'd have me killed. I was never as close to her after that.

jessica33
03-13-2006, 08:34 AM
She caught me few times and told me in no uncertain term not to do it again. :mad: But deep down she knew I could not stop .:cheeky:

TGMarla
03-13-2006, 09:21 AM
I got caught by my mom. But I wouldn't say she was exactly supportive. She allowed the incident to blow over, and politely asked me to leave her things alone. I doubt she even thinks about it anymore.

KarenNY
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
My mother was very supportive and accepting... she found out about my "hobby" when I was in seventh grade -- I was going behind her back and trying on her clothes. She almost caught me red-handed -- I had heard her pull into the driveway and I took off her clothes fast as I could... but I didn't have time to hang her blouse and skirt suit back up... so I left them on the floor of her closet. Fortunately or unfortunately, she found them and confronted me about it... and then we had "The Talk." She was more concerned than upset, and she wanted to know why I liked trying her clothes on, if I wanted to be a girl, and all the usual questions we get asked... I had no real answers because I didn't really know myself, but I knew I didn't want to be a real girl as much as I wanted to dress up and look femme...

To my everlasting debt, my mother -- who was divorced and left to raise me (her only child) by herself -- totally accepted me for who I was, and allowed me to dress en femme around the house throughout my teen years. She bought me clothes, lingerie and shoes so I would stay out of her things, but she had some rules about when and where I could dress and how I should act. She taught me a whole lot of things about being a girl and how to walk, talk, sit, gesture, everything, including makeup, hair (she bought me a shoulder-length wig) and nails. She expected me to act like a proper young lady when dressed en femme, and she treated me like her daughter. She's the one who gave me the name Karen Marie, since that's what my name was going to be if I had been born female... For the first couple of years, my mother only allowed me to dress around the house -- probably as a way to monitor or control my dressing. When I was in ninth grade she started taking me out as Karen for shopping or dinner. She also had shown me off to one of her GG friends who absolutely doted on me as Karen, and her daughter was a little older than me and she accepted me as well. Mom's hairdresser Donna was also in on my dressing and she did many transformations on me, including the one for my "prom pics", including my avatar pic...

I think my mother did not wish to drive a wedge between us by denying me an activity (crossdressing) that she saw as harmless. She also did not want me going to lengths of stealing women's clothing or going outside the house to dress -- she was afraid something might happen to me if I did that, so she wanted to keep me close by if I wanted to dress up. It was something fun for me to do and I was kind of a loner in junior high anyway... kind of nerdy and smart, but I could come home and transform into a pretty teenage girl if I so desired! I had a small circle of GG friends who knew and were actually quite protective of me, but I was paranoid of discovery anyway. When my mother or GG friends did take me out, it was to places at least a half-hour from home to lessen the chances of running into people we knew. It's a long story really, but I was very very fortunate to have had the mother that I did...

samantha78
03-13-2006, 12:07 PM
My family knew but never supported me. When I was caught I was punished. Lots of mean things were said. When I met my wife I told her and she has no problem with it and sometimes asks if I will do it for her!

Snookums
03-20-2006, 04:50 PM
my step mom knew,as did my dad,he used to come home from work,make his pot of coffee,have a cup,then unload on me with ruthless brutal violence.My step moms entire family knew,the constant ridicule was unbearable,so severe I withdrew into my own world to avoid them.As a child,I spent my entire life in my room,practicing on the guitar,with the door closed.If I went out to watch television,my dad would tell me to go to my room,he would tell me he didn't want to see my stupid ugly face.:coffee:

wendy
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
my mom sort of knew, she caught me once wearing one of her dresses. After that I was very careful not to get caught.

I thought after that first incident she would tell my dad but she never. So in a way, I guess that is how she is being 'supportive' towards me.:happy:

Janet_Johnson_cd
03-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I've never had any support until now.

ashlee chiffon
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
when 5 or 6 i was caught several times in the bathroom trying on her panties *all women wore briefs in the 50's*...and Dad caught me in a dress in my early teens upstairs supposidly doing homework...no sisters until i was 11, so it was tough to find girls' clothes to hide and wear...had a Tight black skirt i absolutely loved, because it made me walk in short steps and was deliciously tight when sitting! My out of town girl cousing and i used to play Mom/daughter and i would pull on a shirtwaist dress over my clothes and be "bossed around" and punished for not cleaning up properly ...that when i was 8 or 9..
my very first orgasm i remember was wearing a satiny nightgown *circa 20's* i found in a box when staying at Grandma's house...
been a cd all my life~

michelle_grrrl
03-21-2006, 07:51 PM
As far as I know neither of them know about my cd'ing but since i'm only 26 it's easy to remember as a young boy trying on my sister's panties and bra for the first time and trying on my mom's pantyhose - oh what a thrill that was! But when i was little, and i still have these sometimes I always wished my mom or my sister or some lady would buy me clothes and makeup and wigs all the time for me, and take me out shopping and teach me to be a real girl and forget about being a boy! But eh, every girl can dream right?

Jennifer in CO
03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
was never "caught" but I know Mom found my clothes a few times. Once they were in the middle of my floor when I got home from school. Another was they were still hanging in my closet, but clothes next to them had been pushed to one side to make them plainly visible. She never said anything. I DO know however that shortly after that, many of my clothes started coming from the Gap and other stores where she was buying for my older sister. No big deal except that at this time (early 70's) Gap was pretty much only a Jr's amd Miss's store. They weren't feminine per say, but positively came from womens stores. I never said a word either. When I was a Freshman and Sophmore in high school, I would go to a dermatologist with my sister once a week and get facials and other stuff which I really dont remember much of. She never bought me panties tho - except she did by me a Speedo-like swimtrunks once that I know was a girls bikini bottom.

Jenn

Lawren
03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I have three sisters and two of them knew about my crossdressing. I am not sure if my third sister knew or not. Of course, as far as they knew,it was just a fun thing for me to do. They did not know just how much I enjoyed it at the time. Now, alll three of them know and are rather indifferent about it. If my mother ever knew she never indicated it.

David R
03-25-2006, 10:40 AM
My mother and sister did not know but we have a pic of me at about 7 of me dressed in girls clothes that my mom and sister had put me in.I don't really remember this I do remember asking my sister when I was about 12 to dress me in her clothes and she did. She says she does'nt remember that but I do.As far as the time my mom and sis dressed me my wife thinks that is maybe the cause of my crossdressing and in the pic It does look like I am uncomfortable wearing the girls clothes,not sure if that is what started it all or not.My wife told them when I went through questioning my gender that I wanted to be a woman she was angry at the time and said she needed support I quess I can't blame her for that.Nothing has really been said my sister and mother have never brought it up with me nor I them.My sister and I still talk sometimes but it has'nt really changed our relationship that I can tell we have never been real close but have gotten along for the most part.

Joy Carter
03-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Quite a story I have a family photo of my grandfather at age ten his younger brother about age four was dressed in a dress and bonnet. It was quite common back then for boys to be raised that way. Christopher Robin (Winny The Phoo) was raised in some fashion that way and he was shy to the point of being disabled. I love your photo you use in your posts it was always my dream to be able to dress and live as a female even when I was a child. I have heard some stories about mothers who allowed this and I can belive it. My mother was so anti male (divorced) she threatened several times to "cut my little penis off " so maybe that's why I'm gender conflicted ? Who knows but to this day I am dual gendered and the female side rules. Take Care My Sweet Joy Carter

karen marie
03-25-2006, 11:09 AM
i had a very supportive mother.it really
helped me emotionally.she made me feel very loved for who i am.
hugs,karen.

Melora
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah my parents knew. My mom sold Cameo brand Lingere. I tried on every show off piece that she had in storage. They did not approve but the subject was quickly forgotten.

Toni
03-25-2006, 03:01 PM
My mother caught me in her panties and for years refered to me as "That filthy little b*****d" and really made a big distinction between me and my brother, and right up until her death she never knew he was TV as well. Another thing when I'm dressed I am the spitting double of my mother - poetic justice or what.

Daphne Jane
03-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I hadnt told my mom till I was about 25 and she kept blaming herself as it was something she did well today just not even an hour ago I told her I was more than a CD I told her I was going to gender therapist and going to become Daphne she asked if I was gay I said no I am still going to stay with my wife till the day I die besides same size double wardrobe:p

racquel
03-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Wow, my mother caught me a few times and resorted to threats and coercion to get me to try to stop. She even threatened me at my wedding that if my wife ever found out, she'd have me killed. I was never as close to her after that.
no kidding.:eek:
-------------------------------------------------------
I dressed (her clothes)to meet my (only)sister when I was six and she said "get them off".Never spoke of it again.Told my mother thirty years later.She had no problem's with it.

tammie
03-25-2006, 04:01 PM
HI All: Yes my mother knew as soon as I put my sister's lacecup underwire bra and LLPG back into the laundry after taking them and wearing them for several days. I didn't think they would be missed and then there was that "stain" in a place where there shouldn't have been I suppose.

Anyway only a day later my mother came to me and despite my denials made me promise not to wear my sister's lingerie anymore. I remember her taking a deep breath like she was about to do something she really hated to start. My poor mother had a bad heart and was always on the ragged edge of being in heart failure.

About 2 weeks later I wanted to feel the excitement of putting on a bra again so I rationalized that I hadn't promised "to not wear my mother's lingerie". The next time I was talked to by my mom I was wearing her bra garterbelt/stockings LLPG and slip. Now that was embarrassing, as she made me take off her things right then in front of her.

I was so lucky, my mother didnt' humiliate me or call me names, rather she inquired what she should do to "help" me, and was advised to just get me my own lingerie. So my mother bought me my first bra slip and pantygirdle.

I can't believe some of the tales of horror from others who had to endure ridicule and worse at the hands of family who should have been compassionate and understanding. God bless U all who were hurt and humiliated for wanting to wear womens clothing. I hope all who were hurt can someday forgive the ones who hurt U.

Charlene Marie
03-25-2006, 04:56 PM
My Mother caught me all dressed up when I was 10 years old or something. She indulged me a couple of times, thinking I would grow tired of it, and see that being a girl really wasn't any fun at all. She was very cool for way back then, and I love her and miss her very much.

heathr1
03-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Mother once found a skirt of mine in my room and sympathetically asked me about it, saying she'd tell no one.

I tried to my way out by saying it was a GG friend's.

She must have known I was lying, but it never got mentioned again.

Before and since that incident, she encouraged me to chat with and compiment her GG friends on their hair, clothes and make-up:happy:

To this day, I still wonder if she remembers finding the skirt.

Michelle8
03-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I think my mom always suspected but we never
discussed it.Maybe she thought it was just a
phase.Boy was she wrong.

sally angora
03-26-2006, 06:30 AM
I think my Mother and sister suspected but never said anything , spent a lot of time and wonderful days wearing their clothes and make up and although the spilt nail polish put me under a lot of suspicion but nothing came of it.

I was very careful to ensure everything went back in it's place but some of my favourite items went into a a hiding place where I could get them quickly.

Luv ,

Sally

stephanie100
03-26-2006, 07:17 AM
My mother found i was 11 or 12 at the time and had put on a nighty i had found in a drawer to sleep in. I was punished by a beating and confined to my room for a month. Later when in my teens and earning i bought clothes for myself some not all were found I had to burn them on a bonfire. And on a first date with a GF my dear mother told her "Oh he wore a dress like that." I soon got my own place after that. Perhaps that is what they wanted as nothing else was ever said
Steph

Sally24
03-26-2006, 08:02 AM
My mother knew because she found clothes out of place (and once still in my room!). She acted mad and we never talked about it.

Helen MC
03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Even at the age of 12 I was quite streetwise and quickly realised that if I was ever caught wearing my sister's knickers (panties) far less dressed in one of her skirts I would be in very serious trouble indeed. This was in 1965 and we are tallking about a typical middle class English nuclear family of that era, housewife mother, father who fought in WW2 , two kids = a daughter Anne then aged 14 and a son aged 12 that being myself. All very conventional and with fixed ideas of how things ought to be.

So from when I started to wear Anne's knickers under my trousers (pants) instead of the boys' Y Fronts my mother gave me to wear I took precautions to avoid being caught and apart from a couple of close shaves I am glad to say that for the 6 years I wore them at home until I moved away to a different town and a place of my own I was never discovered. I always put a few pairs of Y Fronts in the laundry basket each week as their absence would have been suspicious to my mum. I also wore Y fronts on the 2 days that I had to do PE and Games at school but took a pair of Anne's knicks to slip into in a cubicle (stall) in the toilets after that lesson, so only wore the hated Boys' Underpants for a couple of hours each week. Also unlike Tammie and not wanting to be too graphic, I made sure I ddn't make any tell tale stains in the front of the panties where a girl would not make one. I only wore skirts etc when I was totally alone in the house and knew that my parents and sister would be out of the house for a good while and not likely to suddenly come back.

I don't think my mother ever knew . The one time she walked in on me in my bedroom when I was wearing a pair of Anne's navy blue cotton knickers she interpreted what she saw as a pair of swimming trunks (and I did have a navy blue pair of these) and thought I was going swimming at school. Of course I played along with this taking a towel with me. Thereafter I always bolted the bedroom door.

My sister Anne may have guessed that I was borrowing and wearing her knickers but if she did she never said anything to me or our mother about it I am glad to say. She turned out quite a liberal and open minded person and she may have known but tolerated the situation. If she ever asked me these days I would tell her but she has never done so. My father, a very old man and now a widower is still unaware of my being a CD and it can stay that way! He is very homophobic and to him a man wearing panties would be a "poof" or a "queer" to use his words.

claire angie
03-26-2006, 02:16 PM
well when i was at collage i left my very few girls clothes on the floor in my bedroom only for my mum too find them and pick them up , so when i get home i was questioned about them and i think managed to convince her that they belonged to a girl friend. so as to my sister i told her that i was a crossdresser, when she moved in with me and my first wife.(she didn't leave me because of my CD). so to round off, she was find with the idea and preity much ok with the CD, as after work i would go and change, into claire.:happy: