PDA

View Full Version : Gotta get out of the House. So I did.

Lee Andrews
11-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Well my wife use to be active in my CDing but ever since midlife and crazy hormones not so much. She plans weekend get a ways so I can dress fully. Well this weekend was no different.
I finished up my honeydew list and jumped in the shower and shaved everything I could. I find the process of make-up application soothing. The slow transformation from guy to girl takes me to my happy place. Anyway, I've found that getting dressed and just hanging around the house a bit anti-climactic but have never had the nerve to do something about it. Well this year, this old broad has wrangled up the nerve to do something, even if it is just a drive around. First time back in the spring it was a quick run around and back to the house. This summer I got up a bit more nerve and parked at the back of a entertainment complex lot and got out and walked around the truck. There were people off in the distance but not close enough to question anything. The rush was incredible.
Yesterday I bought myself a new sweater dress and new tights. Anticipation was over the moon, I knew I was going for a drive dressed tonight. It's almost the same feeling I got the first few times I started wearing make-up. My driveway is a bit secluded but if timing is wrong any number of neighbours would be able to see me and none of them have a clue this burly construction worker loves the finer things in life. Shock would be an understatement if one would catch me. lol. Back to my tale, I get out fine, hit the highway and drive about three towns over. See a big Walmart parking lot and park away from the store but close to the main road. I take a million selfies with the stores in the back round, what a goof!
So from there I decide to run some secondary roads to the north and slowly make my way back. Had enough of dark country roads so I decide to come back down towards civilization. Well don't I run into a R.I.D.E. check point. :eek: I have never been so scared in my life, avoiding it will only have them chase me down and possibly get in trouble. Scared and freaking out, I actually remembered numerous posts from here about others encounters with police. What you are doing may be considered odd or in some cases freaky but far from illegal. As I'm waiting my turn there was one female officer, for some reason I figured that would be better ( the panicked mind reasoning) but no luck. I got a middle aged guy like me. So the window is down as I roll through a bunch of officers till I get to my guy. Not one second look from any of them. Sweet! Now, I know I would only pass in a dark room with the lights off but my guy had this look in his eyes. You could see the gears turning as he's looking at me and asking questions. I honestly think he was having trouble deciding what I was, male or female. I figured it was pretty obvious, well I removed all doubt when I answered because his eyebrows shot up as I replied "No sir" to his "Have you been drinking tonight?" :lol2:
"You have a good night then."
" I am, thank you."
As I drove away I was looking in the rear view mirror, watching him, watch me drive away. Not sure what he was thinking but I guess he has a story to tell his co-workers. LOL I decided that was enough excitement for one night, adrenaline was through the roof.

I've been a long time member of this site but I would like to thank all my sisters for years of knowledge and wisdom in their posts. For a short moment, my first thoughts were to get away from the situation anyway possible. That would have lead to serious problems I'm sure. Second thoughts where what would my sisters do in this situation, thought of some past posts, it calmed me down and I came out the other side with a funny story to tell.
I have a bunch of pictures on my phone, I'll see if I can add some here.

BLUE ORCHID
11-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Hi Lee :hugs:, Another great story with a happy ending,
Overall it sounds like you had a great weekend.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Lee Andrews
11-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Thank you Blue, I still am but like all good things it is coming to an end. I wish I could continue on today but as I said above, the neighbours would faint. So back in the closet Lee goes till next time.
Can’t figure out how to post pictures, not like Facebook. Lol

Lydianne
11-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Hi, Lee!

Congratulations on your breakthrough and progression. Great job staying calm under pressure and remembering the course material :). Also credit to that police officer for his professionalism :thumbsup:.

- Lydianne.

bridget thronton
11-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Thanks for sharing - each timeout is a little easier

Allisa
11-26-2017, 03:15 PM
We may be an eclectic bunch here but there is collective wisdom to be used and you did just that, very good. Keeping ones cool can be very challenging but only a stressful as you make it.

Di
11-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Glad you got out! And the first time you get pulled over is so scary!! But remember you are not doing anything wrong just be truthful that's all. The first time we were pulled over it was nerve racking.

DIANEF
11-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Nice story Lee. I have been out for many drives and have yet to be stopped for any reason. I hope I handle it as well as you did if (when?) it happens.

Linda Leigh
11-28-2017, 12:05 PM
you owned it and next time go into Walmart and walk around or shop.

Linda Leigh

Dana44
11-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Nice story Lee, Sound nice but next time go into the Walmart. They don't bite. There is two here and one I am en fem most of the time. .

Rowan Ailbhe
11-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Good job! Now go run into the stop and rob for a coke or something..

I am really glad I screwed up the courage to put myself out there last weekend...now I KNOW I can do it.

R. is planning trips to Ulta and the giant wall o shoes for me...and we want to hit a mall and just girly window shop and paw through the racks....Ulta is going to be a necessity, whether I go dressed ot not..problem there is I need to go with minimal makeup.

Plan it...do it. But don't dwell on the nerves.

It is funny to me, how, as a man, I am almost fearless....with a damn the torpedos attitude...but is sure looks different perched up on heels and peering through the bangs of a wig.

Tamsin Secret
11-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Enjoyed the read Lee, I don't think it will be long til I'm taking similar adventures but I hope not to bump into our friends in blue like you did.

Hope you enjoy many more trips soon!

Tammy

Sallee
11-28-2017, 04:21 PM
See no problem Next time may you'll enter the walmart. Have fun

Karen RHT
11-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Good thinking Lee, way to own it.

Karen

Lee Andrews
11-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Glad you got out! And the first time you get pulled over is so scary!! But remember you are not doing anything wrong just be truthful that's all. The first time we were pulled over it was nerve racking.

Sorry for the mix up in posting and thank you for correcting it. How in the world does your SO get nerves? She could pass without even trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoyed the read Lee, I don't think it will be long til I'm taking similar adventures but I hope not to bump into our friends in blue like you did.

Hope you enjoy many more trips soon!

Tammy

Actually not as bad as it seemed. They have a job to do and bothering a guy in drag isn't high on the list. I was dressing and driving not drinking and driving. LOL Any other time in my life I'd be mortified, I:m getting to the point of who gives a crap.

Sami Brown
11-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Good thinking, Lee. When my adrenaline is running high, I am not sure I would be able to think as clearly as you did. Thanks for being a good example and for representing us well to the police.

Sami

Lee Andrews
11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
As for all the Walmart shopping suggestions...... No way, I own that place in Drab, I'd be a wreck in drag.:heehee:

Update on the wife situation. She wasn't too impressed when she figured out my Facebook post on my regular page cryptically referred to my RIDE check stop. She knows all about Lee and everything that goes with her but would rather not talk about it. Told everyone about my late night drive, just failed to add one detail but she put two and two together knowing I was dressing that night. I did the same thing back in the summer and mentioned how I loved the wind in my hair, thing is it has been crew cut as long as I can remember. She didn't put two and two together that night. She is upset I "jeopardized our lives and situation by driving around dressed" "What if someone saw you? I have a bit of a unique truck with personalized plates so it isn't that far out of possibility. It has happened in Drab over the years, someone will say I saw you at such and such place the other day. She was trying to be mad but she also says "How did you feel? You must have been crapping your panties?:doh:
I get it but I'm also getting to the point of I don't give a damn. I want to just not care and stop hiding. Now that doesn't mean I want to run into that Walmart and buy something dressed but the occasional drive or even some sort of organized outing with like minded people could be in my future. Fantasia Fair is something that has always had my eye on. I'd love to go downtown Toronto but we have a few friends that are gay and are always down there and I'm know my wife doesn't want anyone to know about my hobby. As I get older I realize we only get one turn riding this planet and I would like to spread my wings just a wee bit wider than I can now before it's too late.

Rayleen
11-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Love your story Lee, keep enjoying your outings.