PDA

View Full Version : Miss Secret has a first name!

Tamsin Secret
11-26-2017, 04:24 PM
All,

So after a lot of soul searching I'm ready to give Miss S a first name.

It's not been easy, in fact I've questioned the very nature of the requirement to do so but here I am just about to introduce myself to the world :o

Miss Tamsin Secret

There, I did it!!

Contraction of Thomasina, a feminine form of Thomas (a twin), which is derived via the Ecclesiastic Greek and Late Latin, from the Aramaic tē'ōma (a twin).

Where do I start... Ok, well I liked the name from the outset. I then researched it and found it was Aramaic for twin (the fem twin version of me?) Oh how I love that!

Also I absolutely love the shortened version which I will be signing off with 'Tammy'.

This also has a special twist as it is a hint at my male name in an anagramed kinda way.

Anyway, I hope you all approve.

All the best

Tammy x

Suzanne Blake
11-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Hi Tammy,

What a great name, and it sounds like you certainly put some thought into it. Suzanne just came to me early on, and I just knew it was “me”. For me having a female name, and thinking of myself as that person, as Suzanne, was something of a big step for me.

Hope you enjoy all your Tammy time in the future!

karrin
11-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Hi Tammy, Your name, from your soul searching, deep thought is well deserved. not a common name, that makes you kinda' special. Best wishes and be safe Karrin:)

Dana44
11-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Nice name Tammy, all the best for you.

Becky Blue
11-26-2017, 06:44 PM
Hi there Tammy... great name love Tamsin and Tammy, now you have to start working on a middle name. Only took me 10 years after Rebecca/Becky to settle on a middle name, perhaps you can run a comp on here asking for ideas like I did!!

alwayshave
11-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Tammy, I'm glad you have a given name.

Lydianne
11-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Congratulations on your new name, Tammy! :thumbsup:.

A new chapter begins here. Over to you . .

Teresa
11-26-2017, 08:44 PM
MissS,
Also welcome to Tammy , OK little steps in coming out and your own identity . I feel it makes a big difference to adopt a suitable name, when I first joined the forum I didn't have one , so when I tried a female version of my male name the forum accepted and Teresa came into being . At the time it was big step, my female side had come to life she had a name , when I get my new home and separate from my wife I may shorten it to Terri . Obviously the next step after that is deciding to drop the MR. from my name , so my mail will just say T. ****** . I know that's where we meet officialdom and computer systems that insist on using handles to your name .

Alisonforme
11-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Hi Tammy! It's a great thing to choose your own name! Congratulations! :battingeyelashes:

Pat
11-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Tammy Secret. Tasmin Secret. Both pretty euphonic. Nice choice! Congratulations.

cdcorinne
11-26-2017, 10:05 PM
Wow, a lot of thought went into that.... makes me think maybe I went to casual in mine. I just took the closest female name to mine, so that I would not ignore it if someone called my name...

Kas
11-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Have you told your wife about your new name? If you haven't already, I probably wouldn't if I were you lol I reckon she would freek lol. Congrats anyway Tammy! I like it

bridget thronton
11-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Very thoughtful naming process -ending with a good result

Tamsin Secret
11-27-2017, 08:48 AM
Thanks all for your kind comments, really appreciated. :hugs:

Lana Mae
11-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Well then, Tammy! Good name and way to choose it! Hugs Lana Mae

Kayliedaskope
11-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Now don't forget, Miss Tamsin, to put your new name in your signature. You can't have such a lovely name and simply not share it!

Tamsin Secret
11-30-2017, 01:51 AM
Wahoo, official renaming ceremony completed!

:yippee::twirl::jumping::cheer:

Tammy :daydreaming:

Pat
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Congratulations, Tammy!

Sandy Storm
11-30-2017, 09:43 AM
talk about digging deep for a meaning, I LOVE IT