PDA

View Full Version : Things generally done by women

Rikkicn
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm curious.
I was wonderfing how many of us spend time doing things that are generally perceived as being done by women. Things like:
Cooking
Cleaning
Sewing
Crafting
Grocery shopping
Writing thank you notes
Shopping for gifts for Christmas and birthday's etc
Laundry

This list could go on for a long time but I think evryone will get the idea.
Rikki

annekathleen
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I love doing household chores while dressed like a woman.
Making the bed, washing the clothes, folding clothes,
sweeping, etc.....Seems like I dont mind doing them while wearing womens clothing!

Rikkicn
03-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I love doing household chores while dressed like a woman.
Making the bed, washing the clothes, folding clothes,
sweeping, etc.....Seems like I dont mind doing them while wearing womens clothing!
Do you do those same things when dressed in your male clothes?

Phillis
03-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I do all those things either in drab or dressed as a women. Cleaning the house I usually dress as a women as I am more comfortable that way, Have to go out to do laundry though, usually wear panties and bra under drab clothing.

elizabeth nicole
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
i have been single for 12 years and if i didnt do all the things that so many people consider womans work they would not be done..i have never looked at them as anything but what one had to do to have a home thet was livable..please do not call them womans work.call them household chores.but i do dress to do mine .:thumbsup:

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm up to speed on cooking, cleaning and laundry, and capable of grocery shopping, but still negligently male on the rest of that list.

Interesting post.

Aileen
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I've been single all my life, and I don't clean anything. I take my trash out, but that's it. I grocery shop, but the only cooking I do is in a microwave. Sewing? Forget about it.

Wendy me
03-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Rikki silly you thats so closed minded thinking women's work please , i do most if not all of cooking cleaning and house hold chores shopping , i love shopping for anything ....and yes in fem or drab,

women. Things like:
Cooking yes i do
Cleaning yes i do
Sewing like get real bring it to the seamestriss
Crafting not much
Grocery shopping yes i do
Writing thank you notes well yes it's rude not to...
Shopping for gifts for Christmas and birthday's etc omg shopping yes i do
Laundry yes i do

please womens work sounds so outdated .....

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 06:31 PM

I doubt that most gg's find it outdated, to recognize that they end up doing the cooking, the dishes and the laundry when they get home from nine to five jobs. And for a kicker, when's the last time a genetic male in a household with a man and a woman cleaned a toilet?

Lisa Marie
03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Have any of you girls tried to watch soaps on tv? Or how about reading romance books while dressed? I might give it a try. That is stuff women like to do also.

Marla S
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
What's left for the male part ? :cheeky:

If one defines feminity this way .. well than I'm a girl.

I'm not that good in writing thank you notes and don't like cleaning.
The other things I do. Not because they are generally perceived as being done by women, but because it has to be done.

As my mom is a dressmaker I used to sew, knot, crochet, embroider from my childhood on (to time consuming now). In my youth sometimes I was told that this is girls stuff.
This might be true for crochet ... there are not many crocheted male clothes ;)

Never really felt more female doing it but more male.

TGMarla
Cooking
Cleaning
Sewing
Crafting
Grocery shopping
Writing thank you notes
Laundry
Yeah, I do these things. Where I come from they're known as common courtesy. Were I to leave all this to my wife, I'd be single in a hurry, and for good reason. It's everyone's job, not just hers.

Karren H
Hmmmmmmmmm Almost none of those. The wife does most but i do help. A little! Ok, Some. Well, she makes me do a few. That's why I call it the "Best of Both Genders"!!! Hehehehe

Love Karren

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I draw the line on thank you notes and crafting.
I dont do the grocery shopping because I always got criticized for my choices.
I dont do my wife's laundry again because of the criticism factor.

But I do everything else without any help from my wife. When the kids were at home they helped some.

Kimberley

Rikkicn
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Rikki silly you thats so closed minded thinking women's work please , i do most if not all of cooking cleaning and house hold chores shopping , i love shopping for anything ....and yes in fem or drab,

women. Things like:
Cooking yes i do
Cleaning yes i do
Sewing like get real bring it to the seamestriss
Crafting not much
Grocery shopping yes i do
Writing thank you notes well yes it's rude not to...
Shopping for gifts for Christmas and birthday's etc omg shopping yes i do
Laundry yes i do

That's why I said "generally perceived as". Maybe I'm wrong but I would guess that women in our culture spend more time doing these things then men.
What do others think? Does this show that I'm closed minded?

Maria D
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I think most of my female friends would hit you over the head with a bucket.
I think you're right though, these things are perceived as women's things, and not fairly or correctly. This isn't the 1950s any more. These days women are not expected to cook, clean and look after the kids. Nope, they are expected to cook, clean, look after the kids, hold down a part time job, support their partner, appear fantastic at all times, and much more, all because they asked for it in the name of equality. Thanks 1980s.

Hehe, take care :)

Deborah
03-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Cooking
Cleaning
Grocery shopping
Laundry

I do all of the above. Single parent with 3 children so you get the picture. Can't really call it women's work since there is no woman in my house.
It's my work. :D

kathy gg
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
:D Off topic, but actually...

When I was dating my husband I was very clear about what chores I liked to do and which ones I did not. I also had a maid service when I was single as I owned my own business and did not have time or energy to clean house. But...one of the chores I made very clear my feelings was NEVER cleaning toilets. I had not cleaned a toilet since I worked at Burger King in high school and had no intention of cleaning one once married either. And he agreed not to ask me to do that one thing. So.....that ruins that statistic!

I doubt that most gg's find it outdated, to recognize that they end up doing the cooking, the dishes and the laundry when they get home from nine to five jobs. And for a kicker, when's the last time a genetic male in a household with a man and a woman cleaned a toilet?

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 08:42 PM
:D So.....that ruins that statistic!

Yup :) LOL!!!

sky0629
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
being single i do it all in fem or drab. have more fun doing it in fem.

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Me. I do it a couple of times a week. My wife is (pardon the expression) is completely anal about clean toilets and bathrooms.

Kimberley

Jodi
03-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Because I live alone and own my own home, I do everything that Rikki listed above. Not because it is a femme thing to do, I do them because they need to be done. I have always been very independent. I have never needed a woman to wait on me. I learned how to do things myself.

Jodi

Penny
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I clean the tolets regularly, all three of them thank you very much! I could count on one hand the number of times my wifed cooked in the last five years. In addition, I have several pattern and have made, believe or not
made my own outfits (female). I have all the necessary equiptment and material to paint on sweatshirts and other outfits and have actually had a business doing that, I've made some really pretty stuff. In addition to all the things originally mentioned which I do along with my wife, I also clean the pool, mow the grass and fix the tolet. So what do all these thing have to do with being drab or fem. If it needs done and my can do, she does. It needs done and I can do it, I do. Some chores I enjoy, some I don't mind and some
I detest. That life and a maids outfit would not even remotely make me enjoy cleaning the tolet:eek:.

Sweet Susan
03-12-2006, 10:02 PM

I've cleaned the toilets in our house hundreds of times. My wife has never changed the oil in the car, however.

Taffy
03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm curious.
I was wonderfing how many of us spend time doing things that are generally perceived as being done by women. Cooking -- No, I burn water when I cook...
Cleaning -- Yes, especially vacuuming...
Sewing -- Yes. I used to make clothes for my wife, but now I make clothes for my dolls.
Crafting -- No
Grocery shopping -- Yes
Writing thank you notes -- Yes, always.
Shopping for gifts for Christmas and birthday's etc -- Shopping is a wonderful hobby, regardless of the occasion.
Laundry -- Yes, ironing, too...

Taffy

Angela Burke
03-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm single and don't have any servants or slaves at the moment, so I do all of the tasks mentioned because I have to, I don't want to live in s**t.
Whether I'm wearing a skirt or not doesn't come into it.
When I have had long term relationships with girlfriends the chores were shared.
That's only fair.
There's no way I could treat someone as a servant, and I would certainly not tolerate being treated as one myself.

ReginaK
03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Have any of you girls tried to watch soaps on tv? Or how about reading romance books while dressed? I might give it a try. That is stuff women like to do also.

I've watched soaps on TV for the past 3 years. Haven't missed an episode yet.

Tina Dixon
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I help out, but she does cuts the grass and shovels the snow, yes she would be perfect if she paid the house payments:mad: