PDA

View Full Version : The search

somestimeskaren
11-28-2017, 08:18 PM
On Sunday I wanted to dress in the new dress I'd bought that afternoon on sale so I did my makeup
picked out one of my wigs and even glued on my French tip nails.Sometime during the evening I lost one of the nails.I looked everywhere and couldn't find it so I went to the set and found a replacement.I figured I'd suck it up with the vacuum eventually.Monday my daughter called and said she was going to stop by with some homemade soup.I thought with my luck she'd step through the door and spot this false nail on the floor pick it up and ask who it belongs to.How would I explain what it's doing on my floor?So I did an extensive panic fueled search and luckily found it behind the bathroom door.Awkward situation averted.Enjoyed her visit and the soup .

Maria 60
11-28-2017, 08:46 PM
One thing I could guarantee that see would have found it forsure, girls are so observant my daughter finds strands of hair and asks who was over with that colour hair. Once she went to throw something in the garbage and told my wife that it was strange that there was a pair of pantyhose in the garbage because she hasn't seen my wife wear pantyhose in years. They are just so noisy.

Jaylyn
11-28-2017, 08:54 PM
You sound like me and my motto is like the old Hee Haw show if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. That means my daughters would have spotted it fast. You were lucky though in finding the nail, we sometimes panic for nothing.

Shely
11-28-2017, 10:27 PM
I had the same a similar thing happen and I didn't find the lost nail for several days. I was afraid it would turn up for someone, before I found it. A few days later I spotted it in the corner of the kitchen and stashed it away quickly. My SO knows i dress, but my daughter doesn't. I don't do press on nails any more, just nail polish.

Beauty Parlor Bev
11-28-2017, 11:18 PM
Back when I was still married, I would leave time at the end of any dressing session to go through the house with a fine tooth comb to find any evidence of the girl! Kind of like CD/TV CSI! LOL!

IleneD
11-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Karen,

You certainly would not wish to be NAILED by your daughter (for CD-ing).

Krisi
11-29-2017, 10:23 AM
That's a good example of the problems with hiding our dressing from a wife or relative.

Before my wife knew about my little "hobby", she would go away to visit family and I would break out the women's things. Before she came back I would have to put everything away, vacuum the entire house for any stray bits and then mess the house up so it didn't look like I vacuumed it.

Alice B
11-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Maybe it is time to have the talk withyour daughter

Steph_CD_62
11-29-2017, 07:12 PM
My daughter knows that I dress, I talked with her on a long trip. She has never seen me dressed. If she wants to stop by our house she will call first and ask if I am decent. Since I don't wear make-up all I have to do is change some clothes and she usually calls 5 min before she shows up.

I am pretty sure my son knows but I have never discussed it with him. The only time I hear from him is if he needs money or he wants to pay me back. Again with him he will either call or text me and I always have usually closer to 1/2 hour with him.

Now my wife's kids don't live close by so there is no chance of them just popping in. We talked about moving closer to my wife's mom at one time and the only thing I asked if we didn't live in the same town so she couldn't just pop over.

SherriePall
11-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Yes, if you lose a nail and you can't find it anywhere you were in the house (and some places you weren't), your wife will find it within half an hour after returning home. That's just the way it goes. My wife always puts the found nail in a really conspicuous spot so that I have to know she found it.

Sidney
12-01-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm so glad I came out to my wife. Kids know I crossdress. I don't wear makeup around the house but did get outed by a friend who just walking in without knocking once. She ways calls first now. LOL

Teri Ray
12-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Karen,

Your story reminds me that I have been there, done that. Funny how so many of us have common experiences.