PDA

View Full Version : New Barre Studio-Update

Sarasometimes
11-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Well I went to a new barre studio, it is a Pure Barre one and wow is it harder than my previous one! I was greeted so pleasantly and some of my classmates said hi and/or welcome which was better than the last place, which was really just smiles. The instructor was super, actually we also had one in training help. I went all woman's clothing this time, color bock leggings and a light grey Reebok tank with a drop hem, and an interesting comment was said after class. They are starting a contest for December and the instructor offered my the option to try, but after hearing the women talk about what you needed to do to win, I said i would pass. Her reply was, that might be best since first place is a pair of women's leggings. I didn't reply and after I was disappointed about that. My plan is to ask to be included at my next class and I wonder if she will mention the first prize again? My thought, not sure i will act on it is to reply, "Hey that's what I'm wearing now."
What do you think.

Also to others who might consider following in my grippy-socked footsteps, I encourage you, I find it neat to be shown and expected to move in the same feminine movements of my classmates. A highlight of the class was when our very encouraging instructor complemented me, for all to hear, on my form as we were doing tucks, which is a feminine, pelvic tilt movement!

Jaylyn
11-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Sounds exciting, hope it all works as you think and have courage to tell the lady.

ellbee
11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
My plan is to ask to be included at my next class and I wonder if she will mention the first prize again? My thought, not sure i will act on it is to reply, "Hey that's what I'm wearing now."

Nah, I would just say something like, "Hmm... Are they cuter than mine?", as you show off your legs. :heehee:

But then be like, "Hey, seriously... This sounds like fun -- count me in!"

Do you have a pic of the leggings you wore, even just a stock photo?

Because despite the colors, I'm guessing it's kinda obvious that they are, indeed, women's. And *especially* that much more noticeable when paired with a women's tank.

And not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. I mean, what better place to fem it up a bit with your leggings, than there! :battingeyelashes:

Heck, if it were me? Over time, I'd go increasingly femmy & really girl it up. Why the heck not? :devil:

But anyway, it does sound like your instructor kinda already knew. ;)

Sarasometimes
11-30-2017, 09:38 AM
The leggings were black, navy and dark grey full-length and the top was like the link below but a bit lighter grey.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/reebok-womens-heather-jersey-tank-top-16rbkwjrsytnkhthrapt/16rbkwjrsytnkhthrapt?

A few detail about my classmates, they were mostly 40ish and their outfits ranged from low key to shiny iridescent leggings and tops were mostly tanks over sports bras. I was amazed at how well they all did at doing the exercises. I did get a bit of coaching from the instructor after class when she asked if I had questions.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's class and I'm planning on wearing my Aerie, black leggings with a white Reebok, dropped hem tank, but that may be changed to a pastel blue version.