PDA

View Full Version : Mood Swings?

angelinamillar
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi girls,

Just wondered if any of yourselves suffer from mood swings? Kinda does feel sometimes like time of the month. Is this down to having a overpowering feminine side? and shows its self along with mood swings and just feeling like i could just cry for no apparent reason. Hey maybe its the moon, who knows. Any feedback would be cool. Maybe its just me but I also have certain times of the month where the compulsion to be Angelina is so overpowering, kinda feels like she is slowly taking over my male side. Seems the older I get the more she wants out!!

Angelina.

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 07:12 PM
At one time I was keeping a daily journal of mood for my pdoc and there was a definite trend. However there were other very serious issues and meds involved so I cant actually say it was a true cycle or not.

Maybe it is worth tracking again... hmmmm

Kimberley.

angelinamillar
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Kimberley,

A journal, now theres an idea, you never know maybe that can shed some light on things :)

Angelina x

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I set it up on Excel and rated mood from 1 to 10 with one being suicidal and 10 being totally manic with 5 being "normal". They needed the info to monitor the effects of the meds I was put on at the time but it can definitely be used for other things.

paulaN
03-12-2006, 07:31 PM
yes I have mood swings. My S.O. says I have that time of the month too. And as I get older paula wants out more too but she does not seem to get it. I think the later is because my totostrone(sp) level is droping due to my age. But that's just a guess. also I would love to dress at least once a month on my long weekend. And I never have the chance hence my mood on that time of the month.

Alexandria
03-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I had an online journal for my friends to see. It was a huge disaster as every week I was either extremly happy about something, or extremly upset. It's also irritating that I don't get to write exactly what I want to write without offending someone or weirding people out, over time friends got bored from reading my entries to the point where I said "I am leaving forever!!!"...no response.

But for me there is definate trend and I try to examine that, in the mornings I tend to be very emotional and by the evenings I tend to be very rational. And it usually spikes up and down throughout the month from "Euphoric" to "Extremly Irritated".

TGMarla
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh, brother! Look everybody, at how very femme I am! I have mood swings. It feels like that time of the month!

Spare me.

You may have mood swings, but I'd look to other causes than your endless pursuit of femininity. It may be stress, it may be diet. You may need more excercise. But it's not because you are such a woman that you emulate the menstrual cycle that women experience as a matter of their physiology.

Now, the lunar cycle affects people, both men and women, in different ways. I'm even willing to go that far in discussing mood swings. But let's back away from pretending to have periods, okay?

No offense, but let's be reasonable.

Deborah
03-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Excellent post as always Marla. :thumbsup:

Kimberley
03-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Ajax, you are describing the same things my docs were trying to establish with meds used for Bi Polar Disorder (Manic Depressive). That is why they had me chart this and keep the journal. Eventually they were able to rule out BPD. Thank god because the drugs were horrid. Talk about being a zombie! Oh well, at least I didnt give a damn about much of anything.

Marla, I think we all go through some sort of mood cycle but I also think that it is external not physiological. Let's see, monthy mortgage and bills come to the top of the list.

Kimberley

angelinamillar
03-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Marla, chill out girl, no one here wants periods im quite sure, Kinda getting wrong end of stick hun. :Angry3:

Angelina

VeronicaMoonlit
03-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh, brother! Look everybody, at how very femme I am! I have mood swings. It feels like that time of the month!

Spare me.

<laughs> I know, some "gurlz" will latch on to anything that they think says they're "more like a woman" No real harm in that, mostly.

Now, the lunar cycle affects people, both men and women, in different ways. I'm even willing to go that far in discussing mood swings. But let's back away from pretending to have periods, okay?

Male hormones cycle too, which might affect mood I don'r remember reading anything that proved a link. But even with that, it wouldn't be any innate "femininity"

Good advice in general.

Veronica

susancheerleader
03-13-2006, 09:10 AM
No we don't have as drastic a mood swing as women do but we do have them. We are human and have "cycles" too. Not as bad as women.
I'll find the artical I read about this some time ago.

TGMarla
03-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm not trying to be up on a high horse here. I used to work in a hospital, and every full moon that came around, the emergency room was crammed with every kind of lunatic you can imagine. So really, the moon does have some kind of effect on behavior, at least on some people. My experience there would suggest that it has a greater effect on wierdos, but I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

Kinda does feel sometimes like time of the month. Is this down to having a overpowering feminine side?However, your original post suggests that you are equating your mood swings to when women have their periods. And that's just ridiculous.

angelinamillar
03-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Dear God there is always one!!!!!

kittypw GG
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM

Spare me.

You may have mood swings, but I'd look to other causes than your endless pursuit of femininity. It may be stress, it may be diet. You may need more excercise. But it's not because you are such a woman that you emulate the menstrual cycle that women experience as a matter of their physiology.

Way to go Marla,
I wish my husband were more like you. You seem to be very sensible, level headed and confident in your beliefs. Kitty

GypsyKaren
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm bi-polar, so I could teach you a thing or three about mood swings, especially when I'm off my meds. How Kat puts up with me I'll never know, but she keeps a pretty close eye on me to make sure I don't go to deep.
There are all kinds of reasons for mood swings and such, so to latch on to the notion that it's "being feminine" is simply prepostorous.

Karen

susancheerleader
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Believe it or not, men are human also.
Now, there is no way that men have the same moods and monthly problems that women doo. But there is proof we DO experiance a so called "cycle" if you will.
http://www.askmen.com/fashion/body_and_mind/41_better_living.html

Kim E
03-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I've always been a sensitive, emotional type person. Since I've been on HRT for 14 months (under an endo's care) I have noticed a slight increase in my moods. Some days I tend to be more weepy than normal and occasionally I can be a real bitch. Nothing extreme but just how the hormones are affecting me personally. I wouldn't say that my body would mimic a woman's monthly at all because my mood change is a daily thing, not any type of monthly cycle.

I would agree with Marla on the mood changes that occur during a full moon. I've seen first hand, after working over 25 years in law enforcement and emergency services, that people get weird around and during a full moon.

Kim

carolbitv
03-14-2006, 05:03 PM
hello ladies i have mood swings. sometimes can be very nice and charming then slightess thing bang off the end deep end.same as my dressing sometimes feels like i will explode if i can't dress. then other times could care less. Carol