PDA

View Full Version : Traveling

RylieCD
12-02-2017, 05:45 AM
I am going on a buisness trip on Monday and I don't know what to do with my forms? I can't fly pretty even though everything I'll be wearing will be from my female wardrobe. By biggest concern is going through TSA. I know they are knowledgable, or are suppose to be but with me looking male hand having silicone strapped to my body or in my carry on what would happen? So do I wear them, put in carry on, or put in checked? I would prefer wearing them. Thanks

Pat
12-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Many people on this site have flown with forms. You can pack 'em in either carry-on or checked baggage or you can wear them. If you are otherwise presenting male and are not Pre-check you may get a little extra attention but just be frank about it and it won't amount to much. TSA screeners get classes in handling transgender flyers. If you have a problem ask to speak to a supervisor.

Sometimes Steffi
12-02-2017, 09:49 AM
I flew a year ago with forms in my carry-on. I was 100% male, but I packed some clothes, forms, wig and jewelry expecting yo be able to go out as Steffi. I packed the forms and jewelry in my carry-on.

Before I left, I read the TSA rules and understood that the forms are considered a medical device. When I saw my bag going back and forth through x-ray, I knew that my forms had been spotted. When the TSA guy came up to me, I said, "I know what the problem is. I have breast forms in my carry-on." He asked me if I would like a private screening, even before I got to ask him. We took my bag and he looked at the forms and my jewelry. He gave me time to re-pack up my bag when he finished. And the only thing he said that wasn't search related was, "You sure have a lot of jewelry." I think I responded something like, "Every girl needs a lot of jewelry."

So, just own it, and know the rules. If they don't offer a private screening, escalate it to a supervisor. And leave a little extra time for the screening.

I don't even think they noticed them on the return trip.

I did have pre-check, but only because they were trying to get more people to use it.

Beverley Sims
12-02-2017, 11:46 AM
I bought about five sets of silicone forms in LA once and had no trouble with customs in Europe or the UK.

They seem to know what silicone is.

RylieCD
12-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Thank you, I decided to own it and a huge shout out to the TSA. I alarmed the body scanner and quietly told the agent, without skipping a beat gave me the option of a pat down from her or a male (didn’t matter to me). She checked my hands and sent me on my way. Very professional and pleasant!!

Leann_M
12-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. Let us know how the rest of the trip goes.

Jaylyn
12-04-2017, 11:31 AM
I've read other places about about flying with all of the luggage with the female forms, hip pudding and such and always good to hear and this site is good on keeping us up to date.

jennifer0918
12-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Thank you, I decided to own it and a huge shout out to the TSA. I alarmed the body scanner and quietly told the agent, without skipping a beat gave me the option of a pat down from her or a male (didn’t matter to me). She checked my hands and sent me on my way. Very professional and pleasant!!

Rylie which airport? if you don't mind me asking?

Brandybea
12-06-2017, 06:45 PM
When I bring my forms I always put them in checked luggage. Just makes things easier for me, but I do understand putting them in carryon if you don’t want to pay the extra checked luggage fee.

RylieCD
12-07-2017, 09:15 PM
����Finally had the opportunity to get out but a migraine today kept me in, it is finally gone but it is too late to go out. Who knows when I’ll have another opportunity. So as I sit here I am fully made up and not wanting to wash up to go to bed.

maryjanedee
12-09-2017, 11:38 AM
I've flown once with my forms in Alberta...no problems a few looks but nothing said...oh yes I was wearing them too.

Janet77
12-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Never flew pretty, but have flown with all my girly things in my checked luggage many times. Unfortunately, the last time I flew with breast forms in my checked bag, they were stolen from my suitcase. Next time I will take them in my carry-on and just deal with the TSA.

Doaranna
12-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Some time back, a co-worker that worked as a endrab flight attendant approached me while at work . . . at that time I didn't bring my feminine things on trips, bus she asked me what was the best way to bring her things when she was just a passenger. Of course I felt like checked was the safest, but now as it is more acceptable to present as feminine, I think even wearing things like forms, garters, ect could be easily accepted. BTW, my friend always dressed enfemme while on layovers and looked better than most women in public, one of the sweetest ladies I have even known!. She was just worried about being "caught" by her employer.

Maria in heels
12-11-2017, 08:52 PM
I have never flown pretty...not that I don't want to, but it seems that the only flights were always business trips and couldn't chance running into a co-worker at the airport. I have always put all of my clothes and forms in my carry-on luggage, and only one time was i questioned about them, and the TSA woman was very polite and professional. When she asked me what was in "this corner" of the bag, I let her know that they were my forms and I got all nervous. She asked me to just unzip the bag and put her gloved hand inside where the zipper is, felt the forms, and then told me that everything was fine and I could secure my bag and leave. Needless to say, I had broken out into a cold sweat as this was the first time getting checked after about 5 round trips without any question... Maybe someday I can fly pretty....