PDA

View Full Version : What to do after shaving???

Rhonda123
03-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I have always loved to shave. I shave all of my body, where I can reach anyway. The problem that I have is that after I shave I get a lot of little red bumps in places. What kind of loation is best for after one shaves? Also what kind of razors and shaving cream is the best?

MissHelen
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
You need a vitamin E body cream, which you spread all over after shaving; it mosturises the skin and cleans out the pores. You can get it from any cosmetic shop or drugstore.

DanaJ
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I have used No Bump before, and that seems to help.... otherwise, I suggest you exfoliate with a loofah before shaving, and afterwards too (a few hours afterwards)...

Julie Avery
03-12-2006, 09:34 PM
What is a loofah?

jenny c
03-13-2006, 07:08 AM
I find it is important to get into a good routine for shaving, i use this routine myself when i shave the body.

1. always exfoiliate the skin before shaving this will give better shaving results.
2.. Make sure the Bathroom is at a ambient temperature if too cold goosebumps form and shaving can be hard and sometimes painful.
3. make sure the water is not too hot.
4. use a good new blade in the razor and change it during shaving if shaving a large area (full body)
5. after shaving pat dry the area do not rub yourself down this will cause bumps to the skin.
6. finally appy a good moisturiser with vitamin E this will moisturise and cool down the skin.

Rhonda123
03-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks for all the info. I will try and see which will work best for me.

krissie sinclair
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
when i shave i use an oatmeal cookie body lotion, it smells pretty and keeps my skin from breaking out and becoming itchy. it is very soothing. good luck

Julie York
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
What is a loofah?

Think of a real sponge...grows underwater etc.

Well a Loofah is like the big brother...tougher and harder and probably a different type of plant but that sort of thing. It's like underwater coconut matting. :D You can get them from Chemists, department store etc. They come flat and dried out but fluff up when you put them in water.

Butterfly Bill
03-13-2006, 04:45 PM
What is a loofah?
It's a species of sponge that you can find in health food stores, that is real good for scrubbing your skin.

Sierra Evon
03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Dove soap, vitamine E, moisturizer, Niveea, thats what I use, i think I
also gotta shave again soon I'm soo lazy these day's it's just been me
and my Xbox-360, that will do it, got a new game the other day
"KAMEO".:thumbsup:

Christa
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
It may sound extreme, but for those areas especially prone to red bumps (bikini and rear) I use Clean & Clear Astringent after I towel off. It stings like a mother for a few seconds, but it's the only thing that really minimizes the bumps for me.

It contains alcohol and salicylic acid which prevents follicles from getting infected and reduces swelling.

All the other tips mentioned here are good too. The bottom line is that you'll probably have to try a number of things to find what works best for you.

Good luck... stay smooth!

:doll:

Shannon
03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Moisturize before and after shaving. Also try using a hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. And don't forget to moisturize!