PDA

View Full Version : Day light outing?

Brooke H
12-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone

I have just dressed up and done my makeup and now i get a message to say a parcel is ready for pickup at the post office locker.
I have never ventured out in day light before and i know i cant pass if someone was to get up close to me and stare but do you think i will be right with the people just passing by?

I need to get the parcel, im just debating wether to shower and get changed first.

Teri Ray
12-08-2017, 09:07 AM
You look great. I say you should go for your package as you are and smile.

Krisi
12-08-2017, 09:18 AM
In the photos you look great but we can't see the overall view. No legs, hips, feet, etc. How short is the skirt? How high are the heels (if any). How tall are you? Will you have to talk to anyone at the post office? Your outfit does attract attention, that's a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about this. Most women wouldn't get all glammed up to go to the post office.

Some folks may figure out that you are not a woman, some will not. Most won't say anything so if you have the confidence to go, just go ahead and go.

Richelle423
12-08-2017, 09:20 AM
You look fabulous! I go to the post office every week always wearing fem clothes. In fact I'm heading there in a few. Good luck and do it girl! Xoxo

NancySue
12-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Go, now. Don’t give it a second thought. Smile. You look great. You’ll be glad you went. May be the start of your next big adventure. It was for me.

Nikki.
12-08-2017, 09:25 AM
The bottom line is whether or not you care if people acknowledge your aren’t a GG. What’s your goal and motivation for going to the PO dressed? Only you can know and decide.

Krisi
12-08-2017, 09:32 AM
From her post, I would say it's not a motivation for going to the post office dressed, she just would rather not remove her outfit and makeup just to pick up a package.

From the photos she posted, she does look like an attractive young woman and would be fine in public but as I posted above, we can't judge whether she would pass without seeing the rest of her.

kimdl93
12-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Nobody will stare unless you carry the parcel on your head. Well, someone may indeed look, stare or even read you....but other than that, nothing is likely to happen. so go for it

But, I will caution that your likely to find this a very exciting experience and you'll want to have that same feeling again. In that respect, the first step out in public can be life changing.

Sidney
12-08-2017, 09:51 AM
You look beautiful. GO, GO, GO.

Sherrii
12-08-2017, 09:52 AM
You look great and probably would pass. Do you have a notice to pick up the package? If not you may have to identify yourself to get it. Good luck, You can do it! Sherrii

BillieS
12-08-2017, 10:07 AM
You look great! I say go for it, understanding that it's always possible someone might notice. Sherrii raises a good question about ID. If that's the case, you just need to be prepared for it. It shouldn't be an issue.

DaisyLawrence
12-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Go as you are girl.

Elizabeth G
12-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I think you look great. I say go as you are and enjoy!

Helen_Highwater
12-08-2017, 11:07 AM
What are you waiting for, get going. You look fine. Just own the space, head up and look people in the eye and smile.

Joanne Curl
12-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Based on the photos you posted, go for it! You look super cute. Just be yourself and enjoy the moment. You'll have some great memories to build on.

beckymarie
12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
You look darling!

Sallee
12-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Go for it Maybe put slacks on or something casual Evenif you don't I seriously doubt you'll have a problem. The key is to blend Your face and upper body certainly won't have a problem

Hell on Heels
12-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Hell-o Brooke,
It's just the post office, nobody there
is gonna care. Hell, my post office would
be happy to get rid of another package!

Go have some fun!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Beverley Sims
12-08-2017, 12:30 PM
I hope you went like you were in those gorgeous photos.

Stephanie47
12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
You look terrific. I think for a quick run to a post office locker you'll do fine. I do believe you'll get more than a quick glance because you're fitting the woman many men view with desirability; blond with a good looking body. I cannot see the length of the dress, but, I think my eye would definitely 'scout you out.'

karrin
12-08-2017, 01:36 PM
absolutely, yesss! you go girl enjoy the moment ;) and be safe. Karrin

Tracii G
12-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Step out the door and go get your package.
Have fun and enjoy the day.

jennifer0918
12-08-2017, 02:01 PM
WOW just go you look cute and you pass you look like a gg

FrannGurl
12-08-2017, 02:16 PM
You look very nice Brooke.

I would go and don't overthink it.

Just be prepared that you might have to stand in line, depending on how busy your post office gets, especially this time of year.

That being said, I guess it all depends on your level of confidence and how often you have gone out before, but you look quite pretty!

carolyn todd
12-08-2017, 02:34 PM
So Brooke tell us why you don't pass (beside maybe your voice) because from where i am sitting every thing looks very petty?.

Carolyn

Michaelasfun
12-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Day light or night light, you look super!

Brooke H
12-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Thank you for all your encouraging comments. The dress is almost full length. I didnt end up going out dressed. I was to nervous. Maybe next time.

Aunt Kelly
12-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Trust me, sweetie. You have no reason to not go out. Your look is not what's lacking. You look terrific. If you want to go out (and it's OK to not want that BTW) just make up your mind and do it. What you need to understand and accept is that you will get made and that it does... not... matter. If you look and act appropriately for your situation, a confident smile is all it takes to warm people up. Yes, there will be the occasional boor who's never encountered "one of us" before, but again, trust me. It will be they who stick out, not you.

Maria 60
12-09-2017, 07:06 AM
From what we can see from your pic I would say you look great. For myself I rarely step out of my car, but my biggest fear is getting that look or comment that will discourage me. I know we are not women and have to expect we are going to get the second look but I don't want to get discouraged.

Helen_Highwater
12-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Brooke,

You wrote; i know i cant pass if someone was to get up close to me and stare Welcome to the club. The vast majority of those here who venture out are in exactly the same situation and know it. The trick is not to care. So if I have interpreted your post correctly, you've been out under the cover of darkness but never in the day. I would suggest you initially just get in the car and go for a drive just as a way of settling the nerves. If you feel like you've got things under control, find a mall car park, park up, take a deep breath and just get out of the car and head towards the shops. I would park as far away from the shops as you can. The walk will give you time to get your self together.

Just act like you're just any other GG going out shopping. Don't skulk, just behave naturally. Folks may give you the double take, one or two may look a little bit more intently. That as they say goes with the turf. The trick is, as I said before, not to care. Master that and all will be fine.

Word of caution. This is a genie that won't go back in the bottle. Do this once and you'll want to do it again.....and again.......and again. So take confidence from all the lovely complements you've received and just get on and do it.

Glenda58
12-09-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm getting jealous of you younger girls looking so cute when dressed. I used to go out all the time in the day before I got remarried.

Brooke H
12-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks again for all the helpful replies. I have the urge to take that next step but at the moment i dont have the confidence. I may get there one day but im not sure when at this point.

I was very close to going this time but as i went to leave the nerves got the better of me.