PDA

View Full Version : Out to my.mom....she rocks.

Rowan Ailbhe
12-12-2017, 06:15 AM
I let my mother know I was having gender issues that went beyond cross dressing....which suprised her not in the least....I finally got around to sending her some pictures, and they floored her....She had to ask if it was me...when I confirmed that, yes, that is me, she was amazed. I have some pictures of me that look just like her thirty years ago, which tickles her to no end.

alwayshave
12-12-2017, 06:36 AM
Rowan, I'm glad it went well. I look like my younger sister when dressed.

Harriettes
12-12-2017, 07:28 AM
It is age dependent I guess. The one recent time that I made myself up I looked like my mother when she was about 65. It would be so great if I could dress up for her ( she just turned 90) to see what she thinks if I were her daughter.

deebra
12-12-2017, 07:59 AM
WOW, she's got to be the best. Hope she and your sister are "on-board" when you present as a girl. Both of them really liking the new Rowan, that would be the best of the best.

Just imagine the three of you shopping in the ladies department.

Beverley Sims
12-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Rowan,
Work at itand I see great support there.

You are off to a good start.

Rowan Ailbhe
12-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Deebra...I don't have a sister, just one brother....he need not know for quite awhile yet. Not sure how that will go. I will cross that bridge if I decide to transition.

Stephanie47
12-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Most mothers seem to want what's best for their children. Glad she was so receptive.

Pat
12-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Awesome! So glad she was accepting. It's a recurring sadness to me that my folks died before I came to grips with who I am. I really wish they had a chance to know the best me. Congratulations.

karrin
12-12-2017, 03:57 PM
that is so awesome to read that your mom is so accepting, good for you Rowan, enjoy and be safe :) Karrin

IleneD
12-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Bless your heart, Rowan. You have received something I longed for.
My Mom passed away about 8 yrs ago. I use her middle name for my first name. I never told her; at least not straight forward.

I remember about 2 years before I retired from the Navy. I was a senior officer; had a command. Doing great in my "manly" military profession. I was on Leave, and having lunch with my Mother. (She would pass away about 6 months later.). We were talking about Me, my Life, my career. She was gushing about her wonderful, intrepid Naval Officer and fighter pilot son.
And then she stopped for a moment, then said "I am so glad you turned out the way you did."
Only I could put that phrase into proper context. I immediately knew what she meant. I'd always been her "sissy boy" son (at least according to Dad). Slightly effeminate. I'm pretty certain my Mother feared I was gay (at least until I married my beautiful wife). But she meant, I'm so glad you didn't turn out GAY or a big sissy (like I was most of my childhood and young adult life).
Now that I've "come out" to myself and a few others, and finally started to understand what I've experienced inside for over 5 decades, I've longed to speak to my Mom again. I want to tell her the truth. I wanted share this with her, and never did while she was alive. She knew. She knew who I was (and am). I'd give anything to have lunch with that woman again.

You are so fortunate, Rowan. Peace be with you, and joy. So glad it worked with your Mother.

Dana44
12-12-2017, 09:45 PM
That is great Rowan. Your mom is cool.

lingerieLiz
12-12-2017, 09:58 PM
When my aunt first saw me in full fem she said I looked like my mother. She had me walk (i was wearing heels) she said I walked like her and my cousin.

Judy-Somthing
12-12-2017, 11:42 PM
My mom caught me dressed in cloths she kept in the attic at 16 and said "it's OK to wear the dresses, just put them back when your done" Said it was just a phase!

Rowan Ailbhe
12-13-2017, 07:37 AM
IleneD: I wish you could too. How wo derful would that be? My mom exists on a fairly high plane of spiritual evolution, and her, and her teachers state flatly that we are all evolving to that higher plane, and gemder fluidity is a big part of it. Some of us slip those surly bonds easier that others.

I retired from the Navy in '11....Chief Aegis Firecontrolman....AAW and BMD....Interesting note from my upbringing as a Chief...the three mentors I selected for myself as a S.L.U.G. were three strong and brilliant female Hull Techs....go figure, eh? Rosie the Riveter has always been in my mind somewhere....

- - - Updated - - -

Judy....lol...some phases last a loooong time....

SaraLin
12-13-2017, 07:39 AM
A few years back, I 'had the talk' with my mom.
her reaction surprised me, and I'm still not sure what to think...

She said "Oh. I thought you were going to tell me you were gay." No more reaction than if I'd said I'd overslept.
And here I'd been agonizing for months, trying to get up the courage to tell her...:idontknow: