PDA

View Full Version : Get dressed I want to talk to Maria

Maria 60
12-12-2017, 08:32 PM
I have lost a lot of relatives around the Christmas holiday season and it puts a little damper for me around this time of year. I will do the Christmas tree and what not, but it takes a lot of pushing for me to get motivated. My wife gets home from work today and tells me the kids are going to a Christmas play and won't be home till later, and get dressed because she what's to talk to Maria. I asked her what she was talking about, she said she wanted to have dinner with her and talk to her.
I got dressed and sat down for dinner and asked her what's going on?,I will write what she said to me.
Thanks for coming Maria under short notice. I know he lost a lot of relatives during this time of year and I do feel his pain, but he's taking the spirit out of me. He is the love of my life and he is great, since my injury came back he has really stepped up helping with laundry and dinner and some house chores. I will do anything for him and I'm not asking for much, maybe a few lights outside. The two small trees have the lights already on them and they just need an extension cord and the maybe connect the red spot light. I told him a couple of times and I don't want to sound like a nag, do you think Maria you can talk to him for me and maybe you can get across to him.
Maria answered I will see what I can do and thanked her for dinner.
I thought that was cute and we back talked my male self for awhile and had a few laughs and I will probably connect the lights for her tomorrow. I guess at times there is some fun sides to this.

Karen RHT
12-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Awesome post Maria. Sorry for your losses, but thanks for sharing your conversation with your wife. Hopefully my wife and I will share a similar conversation some day.

Karen

April Rose
12-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Maria, I can identify with this. My wife's health has not been the best over the past few years, an I have had to step into a caregiver role. It has been easier for me to take on these responsibilities because I can dress, with her blessing, most every day. I really have come to believe there is a true benefit to having access to the feminine part of our personalities.

Rowan Ailbhe
12-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh my....that is so sweet. Get your butt out there and plug in some lights! lol

I am sorry you have had a hard time.

Becky Blue
12-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Maria, whilst your story is tinged in sadness, I actually found myself laughing at the way your wife 'used' your female side to send a message to your male side. Classic, she's a keeper.

Jaylyn
12-12-2017, 09:22 PM
That’s the coolest thing ever. Loved reading your story. Your wife is great.

Dana44
12-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Maria, Good story and I would say get out there and put the lights up.

Amy Lynn3
12-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Maria, whatever you had in mind to spend on a present for you wife for Christmas....double it.

Samantha2015
12-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Thanks for sharing Maria. Like the others have said.. your wife is a keeper :)

Beverley Sims
12-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Maria,
Something positive for you there, I would like to think the chat over dinner brightened you up a bit.

Esteafanie
12-13-2017, 01:59 AM
Love it, awesome wife...she's a keeper! Happy holidays!

bridget thronton
12-13-2017, 02:50 AM
You have a great and loving wife

DaisyLawrence
12-13-2017, 03:36 AM
Great story. Do the lights now!

Leslie Mary S
12-13-2017, 04:29 AM
very good approach to you and your male side by your SO.
I can understand the loss of friends and family. I am now the old dog of our pack. The kids want this old dog with the shaky sense of balance to get a hearing aid and a life alert tag, and give up on driving. I have only 4 family member left older than I. Only one is a sister.

LaurenS
12-13-2017, 07:07 AM
That is so cute!

EmmyAnnRose
12-13-2017, 07:09 AM
That is a wonderful story. Your wife is so great. Now, I hope you get right on those lights before Maria has to have a serious sit down chat with YOU!

vicky_cd99_2
12-13-2017, 07:32 AM
What an awesome story. You have a keeper. I have read it three times, it is so sweet.

alwayshave
12-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Maria, sounds like your wife knows how to motivate you. Great story.

IleneD
12-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Maria,
A totally charming story.
Thanks for sharing. And.... Merry Christmas.

Kellitgdet
12-13-2017, 08:26 AM
So sorry for your loss. What a lovely story, your wife is so fun.

Rebecca W.
12-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Dear Maria,

I am sorry to hear about your loss of loved ones. My feelings this year were based on my personal losses over the years, and I really wanted to skip the lighted trees, and the personal family decorations. I really pushed myself to overcome the sadness that the holidays bring with the loss of family members. As soon as I finished the outdoor lights, the feeling of happiness overcame the sadness. Every night, I see my lights illuminating the yard with the spirit of the holiday season. I feel so much comfort in displaying what my family always had during the holidays.

Celebrate an event that your family used to enjoy, it will bring back the holiday spirit in a wonderful way, trust me.

Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,

Rebecca

lynda o
12-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Great story Maria, your wife is certainly a keeper.

Pat
12-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Oh dear. Soon Maria is going to be telling you to take the trash out... ;) But seriously, cute story.

Sidney
12-13-2017, 11:25 AM
What a wonderfully sad, happy loving story. Reread several times. Merry Christmas.

Stephanie47
12-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Really cute story. Sometimes at this time of year some extra motivation is needed to get one going. A person has to realize being a Debbie Downer can have an awful effect on others. I've had personal losses just before Christmas which has adversely effected me. I've found if I get properly motivated the ball can get rolling. I think your wife has a lot of insight.

Zoeytgtx
12-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Maria:

What an interesting way your wife chose to pass a message along to you without hurting his feelings. She really sounds special. Now get out there and let her feel a part of the holiday season.

Zoey

LeannS
12-13-2017, 01:23 PM
Awesome story and an awesome wife !!
I do hope you show her lots of appreciation

Leann Merry Christmas to you and your family

cosmolovesph
12-13-2017, 02:57 PM
That is so great that your wife did this, while a tough time of year ... she also really knows you and how to get in touch with BOTH sides of you. I hope HE put the lights up as asked.

GracieRose
12-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Cute story Maria. If I were you, I'd add a few more lights in addition to the display she requested.

Kayliedaskope
12-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Ladies, Maria sent me a picture of her response. She didn't know how to share it here, so I wanted to share it for her.

https://giphy.com/gifs/snow-winter-christmas-light-13P9fSyHMKVJ1S

Seriously though, Maria, I am sorry for your loss, and know how hard it is to get motivated during the holidays with something that heavy hanging over you. I lost both my grandparents nearly twenty years apart to the day (two days after Christmas). Since then, Christmas for me has been kind of put away on the back burner, as well. Some years I'm okay, other years it hits me pretty hard (full disclosure: this is one of those years).

Hang in there, sister.

sometimes_miss
12-13-2017, 05:47 PM
and get dressed because she what's to talk to Maria. I asked her what she was talking about, she said she wanted to have dinner with her and talk to her.

^this assumption of multiple personality disorder as well as the idea that it only occurs when dressed as that personality, is disturbing on so many levels.

Lana Mae
12-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Cute story! That is a loving wife! Merry Christmas! Hugs Lana Mae

Meghan4now
12-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Maria,

What an inspiration. I wish I could share this one with my wife, but alas we are not there. I hope that this is just the first of many such exchanges. Perhaps even an opportunity will arise where you need to talk to her girl to girl, in a positive light.

Do a bang up job of decorating, and tell her Maria sent a strong message.

Maria 60
12-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Eveyone here will be happy to know Maria did her talking and the lights are shining. I even did it in -15C cold but I believe it was worth it. Now let's see what else I could do wrong so we can have another girl talk. Lol. Thanks for all your great motivating responses.